[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you pay for medical services where you live? Long story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6
File: medical-cost.jpg (211 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
medical-cost.jpg
211 KB, 425x282
What do you pay for medical services where you live?

Long story short.
Had a very damaged tooth I didn't take care of for some reason, take an appointment with my dentist for next week.
The pain builds up in the meantime, to the point it becomes unbearable even with medication (paracetamol/ibuprofen/codeine mix), couldn't sleep and banged my head against walls all the night.
Had to go to the hospital dental emergency to get it removed (it was ruined anyway).

Don't have any health insurance (beside the State' universal health care).

To pay:
Consultation: 6.90 €
Panoramic dental X-ray: 7.78 €
Removal: 10.03 €

Total: 24.71 € (31.48 $)

Living in France.

I'll drop by the hospital tomorrow to pay it in cash (I'm quite old-fashioned), and use the opportunity to go for a free, without-appointment HIV / Hepatitis B & C screening, never did it before and it's probably a wise thing to do.
Does this kind of thing costs you something where you live?
>>
Fucking bamp motherfucker.
>>
For a rough estimate of what it costs in the US, move the decimal place over 2 and change the € to a $.
>>
union negotiates my health plan. everythings free.
>>
>>576325467

I know it costs more in the US, but I'd appreciate to a full extent practical and personal experiences.
From other countries too.

captcha: you USSache
>>
>>576325809
So you basically don't pay anything when you go to the hospital, doctor, dentist, or whatever?
Where do you live?
>>
My father owns a very successful business. I get my health insurance through them. I don't have to pay anything. It's pretty fucking great.
>>
>>576326078
Have dental insurance, pay 28 a month. Need braces, 3 teeth need pulled, also had 2 cavities.

Sir that will be $4.25 cash credit or check?
Cash please, here you are.
Thank you
Thank you.
See ya later alligator
In awhile crocodile.

Murica
>>
>>576326508
Impressive insurance.
I should consider getting one someday.
>>
>>576323171
>get uti
>no insurance
>need meds or it wont go away
>go to doctor
>wait 3 hours in crowded waiting room
>take pee test
>wait another hour
>get prescribed nitrofuratonin and leave
>visit: $400, pills: $35
>paycheck deductions for medical care for medical care that i can't afford nor are receiving
>fuck america
>>
Well, I live in France too, but my father is a doctor and a friend of ours is a dentist, so I don't pay anything. The only fucking thing I need to pay are optical glasses, and those shit are so not worth their prices...
>>
>>576323171
> In US
>have infected wisdom tooth
>visit clinic
>$100 just to be seen
>already know the issue just need a script for meds
>$100 for meds
>have to go to hospital to get teeth removed after infection clears
>$160 just to be seen again, even though I already know why I am there
>find out next week how many thousands of dollars they're going to want to pull my wisdom teeth.
>>
>>576327112
Yeaaa about that. There is free or super reduced healthcare called medicaid if you are poor dumbass stupid fuck, which obviously you are. Then super Intelligent fucks like you think it's America's fault.
>>
File: 1411019277616.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1411019277616.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>576327450
>$100 just to be seen
teh fuck
Did you actually had to pay that sum?
>>
>>576323171
health insurance in the USA is $400 a month and it only pays 75%
>>
>>576327647
actually if you are middle class aka above the poverty line, you don't qualify. Sooo the poor are insured and the rich are insured but the majority of people who are the backbone of the nation, the middle class, are not.
>>
>>576327647
You act as if I haven't already explored those options.
>don't qualify for my state's medical assistance because I don't have a child
>don't qualify under bracket for free heathcare with the facility I went to because I make just over their qualifying bracket
>regular "reduced" health insurance for me at the lowest is still $100+ a month, which I can't afford

unlike you I can't just ask my daddy for money.
>>
>>576327719
yup....
>>
That would cost at least a couple thousand dollars (USD) here. It would still ost at least a couple hundred dollars with insurance.

>>576323171
>>
>>576327727
>health insurance in the USA is $400 a month and it only pays 75%
>>576326508
>Have dental insurance, pay 28 a month, Need braces, 3 teeth need pulled, also had 2 cavities, Sir that will be $4.25

I'm probably missing something here.
>>
>>576327647
>There is free or super reduced healthcare called medicaid

medicaid is only for lazy ass niggers with 10 children. Normal people can't get it because you have to be unemployed, broke and on food stamps and even then you have to jump through hoops.
Only nigger trash will stand in line for 10 hours to qualify for it.

Whats ironic is state employees who dole out the Medicaid have worse insurance than the Medicaid clients.
>>
File: 1374610042956.jpg (10 KB, 287x200) Image search: [Google]
1374610042956.jpg
10 KB, 287x200
>>576327647
Mad amerifat who refuses to acknowledge terribad healthcare detected.
>>
>>576326508
Bullshit, dental insurance costs $50-75 a month and braces, periodontal work and root canals are on a special pay schedule, generally 50% to 80% of billed, even less if its out of network.
Your employer may be subsidizing your insurance
>>
>>576328104
>That would cost at least a couple thousand dollars (USD) here.

Note that I'm talking about what you actually pay to get treated, not the full cost of treatment.
You surely can't be paying a couple thousand $ for that, even without an insurance?

If that's true, how do people without a solid revenue can afford to get health care?
I heard about Obama care but I guess there's already some kind of coverage for poor people?

Also, no other countries around?
>>
Nothing.
>>
>>576327956
Indeed, I have forgotten you didn't live in the best state. My apologies healthcare plans and what not are state voted. So, then what about obamacare? Get that shit. What the fuck is up with this stupid medicaid obamcare stupid shit if you can't get that shit? Start finding ways to "make less" you deserve it if a nigger does anyway possible.
>>
>can't afford healthcare
>be put on free healthcare bullshit
>go with caresource, everything is 100% free, but i don't get to decide when i get treatment
>every time i have an issue, which is rare, all they do is attempt to drug test me, and refuse to actually help in any way
>murica
I literally just take care of my own fucking health at this point, even with injuries. Doctors in america don't fucking care.
>>
>>576328676
>If that's true, how do people without a solid revenue can afford to get health care?
>I heard about Obama care but I guess there's already some kind of coverage for poor people?

Poor people get coverage through either Medicaid or State block grants so the state can administer their own managed care program.

If you're working poor, lower middle class or middle class...you're basically fucked. You have to pay ridiculous amounts out of pocket or buy overpriced insurance...which is now mandatory by federal law.

bronze plan (pays very little, total shit) $250 a month
silver plan (pays meh, basic shitty plan) $400 a month
gold plan (what insurance is supposed to be) $550 a mont
platinum plan (what europeans get) $700+ a month

Now the Obama Regime has imposed a penalty for noncompliance with mandatory insurance, a $396 additional tax taken out of your refund, which gets bigger every year.

No surprise, as Obama is surrounded by Jew advisors.
>>
File: Tijuana-dentist-prices.png (45 KB, 371x305) Image search: [Google]
Tijuana-dentist-prices.png
45 KB, 371x305
>>576326078
In Tijuana, an extraction costs about US$50 from dentists in private practice. Many will include the exam and x-rays in that price, others are taking advantage of the influx of Muricans to raise their prices by charging for the "extras". ClubMedicoBaja has been following this upward trend.
>>
>>576323171
Thanks to a bad dentist ALL my teeth are ruined. Brushing 3x a day won't saved you from gaping holes from lost fillings. In Amerifat land its going to be 100$ a tooth not counting extra lido shots. So to pull everything I think its 3100. 3500 If I need extra lido for pain. Then 120$ for the scripts afterwards. and dentures will set me back 1800,

SOO 5400$ to fix the damage a dentist paid by state insurance did.

>I wish id been born Canadian
>>
File: 1411362050848.jpg (49 KB, 560x575) Image search: [Google]
1411362050848.jpg
49 KB, 560x575
>>576329374
>mfw
>>
>>576328676
They get treatment, then don't pay. This is why it costs so much to begin with. They offload the cost to those who do pay.
>>
>>576330032
Being a fucking moron not taking care of his teeth when I was still a teenager/young adult, I know the feeling of missing/ruined teeth.

Had my 6 upper front teeth fixed and covered with premium porcelain-metal crowns for 1000€ total years ago.
Don't know how much it usually cost, but I think it's quite decent.

What's the story with that dentist and your teeth?
>>
>>576331063
>6 upper front teeth fixed and covered with premium porcelain-metal crowns for 1000€ total
*had a health insurance from work back then though
>>
I pay 7$ a month for dental that covers everything except for orthodontic work. Health is covered I have a 10$ co-pay for prescription medicine from the pharmacist. In the case of emergency medical services I can face up to a 500$ deductible a year.
>>
>>576330184
>They get treatment, then don't pay. This is why it costs so much to begin with. They offload the cost to those who do pay.

No the problem is for-profit insurance, which sucks valuable health care dollars out of the system and gives nothing back in return.
its the ultimate shekels scam.
>>
canada medical free, dental only free for kids
>>
>>576323171
I got the shitty free healthcare insurance called MediCal, the clinic I got assigned to is in the middle of the fucking ghetto, I have to wait for a response even if I need a stupid X-ray and I have to sing on a waiting list for a damn seasonal flu shot.

I know that if I ever need any kind of intervention I will need to go south of the border to TJ in order to dodge a fucking massive bill that will probably leave me on bankrupcy.
btw I had a MedOp Class and the instructor was a real doctor that knew about shit going on on the Medical setting and he mentioned that rich folks more to the north around La Jolla are less likely to pay for their medical bills than working class people near the border, he knew this because he had worked in both areas.
>>
>>576323171
>Live in Canada
>Get seizure
>Paid nothing
>>
>>576329374
What the fuck.
Insurance is mandatory here, too, I pay €90,- a month to have basic insurance.
The first €300,- euros per year I have to pay myself, but everything above that is covered. Only covers basic needs & stuff that allows you to function in society. All the way from severe cuts to fractures to cancer. Anything other than that (i.e. dental problems) I have to pay myself, but I got braces before I had to pay my own insurance so my teeth are in great condition.
How can insurance be so fucking expensive in your country?
Also, wtf your doctor's visits aren't free.
If I want to visit a doctor I just call the office & get an appointment for free.

Netherlands here
>>
>>576329374
I still can't believe you could have to pay insurances that high to fucking get medical treatment and preserve your health.
Even the cost of the "bronze plan" is pure madness to me.
On the other hand we're paying taxes for this, but I think that in the end it's wayyyy cheaper (mutualized stuff, scale economy, public services, that kind of shit).

I knew medical costs were kind of an issue in the US, but I'm seriously horrified reading this.
>>
>>576332526
Oh, I forgot I get €88,- from the government to pay my health insurance, which costs €95 or something like that.

I actually only pay €7,- per month for my health.
>>
austrian fag here

everything free, pulling teeth, fillings ect, but a new tooth costs about 100 to 200 €
>>
>>576333257
€72,- from government
€81,25 for insurance*

Total of €9,25 for my health insurance.
I could've picked a cheaper company & actually make profit from this, but this one did some stuff I wanted.
>>
>>576332526
Right now a private doctor appointment in France is 23 €, you then get reimbursed 15 € by the social security.
So you're actually paying 8 € for a visit to your doctor here.

Some private doctors have higher prices, but it's up to you to visit them as you won't get reimbursed more than 15 €.
>>
and if u you ever break a bone, np, no money needed, but waiting ur turn in a non emergency situation - ~2 - 3 hours...
>>
>>576333518
*that is, without any other health insurance than the State' one everyone gets for being a citizen
>>
>>576332526
>How can insurance be so fucking expensive in your country?

Unregulated. Malpractice. Insurance started being offered as a benefit after WWII to attract people to work at a place. Since then it has gotten massively expensive but is still expected from employers since the government wasn't stepping in. For instance I have a pretty meh job. I make 32k/yr. My job pays for my health insurance in full every month. $670. $8,000/yr. I also get life and disability insurance free.
>>
>>576333924
So if I get this right, companies and employers are basically the backbone of the health care system in the US?
>>
>>576334280
Pretty much. Basically during the war the government set a max pay for factory work for the war effort. So there was no attracting people to your place. Some places started offering benefits to attract people such as health insurance. It became common and in the US the main method of receiving insurance is through your place of employment. You can get your own insurance but if you work for a large company your rates will be much lower as they hedge your heath against others. Basically if 1000 people go together as a company the rates will be lower because one sick employee (insurance company has to pay money) is 1:1000 versus a company of 10 being 1:10. It's all a numbers game.
>>
>>576334850
That sucks.
Basically makes expensive if you start a small company...
>>
American people in this thread getting scammed by dental organizations with shit-tier insurance. LOL
>>
>>576334850
That's quite interesting, didn't know about all this.

In France --and actually in most, if not all of Europe--, health care is basically a civil right, you are supposed to get it no matter what, because you're a human being.
That's basically why it's usually funded and managed by the States, fully or partly with a private sector.
I guess that's a radical difference between these two areas.

Interestingly too is that small companies may complain about the burden of health care in the US, while in France they mostly complain about the taxes (then partly going to the public health care system).
I guess in the end it's basically the same thing, but it seems that it's quite more rough for people in the US when you can't get a decent job.
>>
Living in USA. I paid $300 for a tooth extraction because my welfare doesn't cover dental. But it did cover my mess percribed for the extraction which was a Xanax type medication and hydrocodones for after extraction. which was free.

In other words, dental care in the United States is a privledge
>>
File: 1413871798212.jpg (180 KB, 960x737) Image search: [Google]
1413871798212.jpg
180 KB, 960x737
I don't pay for medical care, I'm brittish, my country doesn't hate it's people enough to just let them die.
>>
>>576325809
I doubt it's free, you probably have a $10 copay.

You a UPSfag?
>>
Broke my leg in the us 1 month after I got kicked off my parents insurance.

$2800 for er visit and a visit to have then put a boot on my leg.
>>
>>576326078
U.K here, doesn't cost a penny. Can walk in without ID or using real name get seen to and leave, and if I don't have enough money for bus home they'll pay and pay for journey to the Hospital.
Dental and eye care also free.
>>
>>576337983
if you can't travel I've known people to not only be picked up in an ambulance but also be taken home by one, itt: Americans wish they were brittish
>>
American.
Native benefits.

No insurance.

$0 Health and Dental

Eye exams/glasses not paid for at all though.
>>
>>576337981
I should mention. No ambulance ride.
I had to tear down my shower rod and hobble to my car and drive myself.
>>
>>576338359
So true and General Practitioners (GPs, normal doctors) get paid way more than U.S doctors and receive a massive bonus in the tens of thousands of £s for keeping patients healthy and making them quit smoking. And there's that near £50 bonus for spotting dementia early. hahaha I love it here
>>
>>576338359
no you nigger, ambulances definitely costs in europe. finfag here, i think it costs like 20 euro one way
>>
Never thought id say it but im actyally jelly of you eurofags right now.

Thank god I just got a job with great insurance in the us or id be fucked.
>>
>>576338948
Stop fucking referring to Europe as a country.
U.K is not Finland.
Every aspect of health care is free in the U.K
>>
>>576337983
I guess it's covered by the NHS?
Well most important cares are free here (France), but we usually have to pay a small part though (unless you're really poor, then everything is free).
I think that's a matter or principle, of maybe it's just the way the system is designed.

That is, if you don't have a health insurance. When I had one (from work), I paid about 25 €/month and basically everything was fully covered, from dental care to... roughly everything.

Are emergency dental cares as the one I described free if you don't get an insurance?
>>
>>576338948
I can testify for this too, at least in France.
In here, ambulances are usually operated by private companies if I'm not mistaken, and so can be quite expensive.

But I believe the cost is usually covered by both State and private insurances. I think that's basically why they are expensive, they know they'll get the money back from the government and are abusing it.
Could be wrong about that point tho, I can't even remember if I ever had to use one, only relatives.
>>
>>576339973
>I guess it's covered by the NHS?
Everything is covered by the NHS yes. Taxpayers, myself included pay a small amount that goes towards it every year.

>Are emergency dental cares as the one I described free if you don't get an insurance?
Everything is completely free no matter what your situation is or what the problem is. We don't have medical insurance here in the U.K.

25 Euro a month is a joke, I'd never pay that. That's almost my fucking car insurance. Your government is taking the piss, that's over 300 Euro a year on health care.
>>
>>576340880
>valuing your car more than your health
>>
>>576337981
>Broke my leg in the us 1 month after I got kicked off my parents insurance.
>$2800 for er visit and a visit to have then put a boot on my leg.

Dunno what the cost would be like here in France (was fortunate enough to never break anything), but whatever happens, I believe that medical costs are covered at a minimum of 70% by the State health care system.
Can vary depending on your situation/revenue, etc, got a relative with a poor situation who's covered at 100%.

Seriously that's the kind of thing that can ruin your life, how did you manage to pay that insane bill?
>>
>>576341632
>>valuing your car more than your health
Obviously not, because I get free health care and would never have to make the choice between health care and car insurance, FAGGOT. I'm saying that his government is a joke if they make you pay that much for health care
>>
>>576323171
Irishfag. Health insurance is costing me like 300 euros a year or so. My dad got diagnosed with prostate cancer February 14th and was completely cancer free on May 8th. Cost him about 800 euros... Our healthcare over here is pretty sweet.

50 euros for a doctor visit is pretty retarded, though.
>>
>>576342001
>I'd never pay that
>That's almost my car insurance

You're telling me you would never pay €25,- for your health insurance.
But you are paying that much for your car.

Thus, your car means more to you than your health.
>>
Free dentistry/surgical procedures(mild to moderate visits), coupled with practically free medication and literally free doctor/gp appointments.

Ireland.
>>
>>576342549
Have you got a medical card, then?
>>
>>576340880
>25 Euro a month is a joke, I'd never pay that.

Well that's basically why I didn't pay anymore for it when I left my job, but I'm not really shocked, as it's supposed to pay virtually anything that isn't fully covered by the public health cares through taxes, which is already quite cheap in my opinion (or free if you don't got a job).
It was probably overkill too, as I'm still quite young and don't have any health issue, should've stick to the 5€ one.

Regarding the NHS, I've heard that a lot of British people despise it, but I couldn't say why.
Care to give me any insight?
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.