[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does a Psychopath know he's a Psychopath?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: Heracles.jpg (40 KB, 640x606) Image search: [Google]
Heracles.jpg
40 KB, 640x606
Does a Psychopath know he's a Psychopath?
>>
No reason why he wouldn't.
>>
>>574297201
I don't know, do I?
>>
>>574297339
Really? I don't know. I thought most Psychopaths believed they were normal.
>>
Attention whore. It's just a different way to call people's attention.
>>
>>574297339
All of their emotional and by extension social skills are learned. Apparently some have figured out they are psychopaths and start reading books about how to avoid being detected as a psychopath.
>>
>>574297467
>>574297339
And why would he know? We all do things in private that we think other people don't do. Isn't it the same for Psychopaths? They might burn their pet and think it's just a secret thing they do. I dunno.
>>
>>574297201
Probably not, though they might be aware that they're a little out of the ordinary.

>>574297494
I think they do, or if they know they don't care.
>>
To get some more conversation flowing, Is there a difference between a Sociopath and a Psychopath? I often hear those terms being used interchangeably
>>
>>574297201
A psychopath is devoid of happy or complex emotions. You are thinking of insane people.Some loonies know just how crazy they are but the majority are in a delusional state really
>>
>>574297820
Yeah but the thing is, don't most people believe they are a little out of the ordinary? I get the feeling that there are a shit load of Psycho's living among us who are seemingly normal only because they think they are
>>
I always told myself something was wrong with me
>>
Yes I do. Its not my fault I lack empathy.
>>
>>574297701
That's exactly how it happened.
>>
>>574297701
This makes too much sense, I suffered brain damage earlier this year, have had a pretty complete recovery both physically and cognitively; however, my new found social apathy and inability to reflexively sympathize has forced me to logically asses the state of mind of anyone I interact with. I was worried I was going to become a sociopath and hurt someone because I do not attach the kind of innate value that I should to interpersonal relationships. I am young and 50 or 60 years looks like a long time to not go insane... I think I can pull it off though.
>>
>>574297201
Yes, unless they're delusional. Boy was that difficult
>>
>>574298623
Basically I feel nothing as a child my emotional reactions I learned by observing others and mimicking their behavior under stress. I refined that skill by observing people in situations I created to figure out what happens to people in different scenarios. Later during a psychology class in college I learned what I was.
>>
>>574298623
> I was worried I was going to become a sociopath and hurt someone because

doesn't that very statement mean you're relatively normal?
>>
>>574299128
Yes it does I could care less who gets hurt.
>>
>>574297201
They don't care.
>>
>>574297701
This. My wife caught on and called me out.
>>
>>574297201
No. Crazy people do not know they are having irrational thoughts (aka crazy) which is the reason why they are crazy.
>>
>>574299392
Decent!
>>
>>574299392
More true than you know.
>>
No they don't

They think they're normal but they do shit out of line then they might think something is wrong but then ignore it
>>
>>574299504
That is the most stupid shit I've seen today.
>>
>>574297201
Real psychopaths don't actually have any insight into their condition. So no, they wouldn't know, and would more likely be inclined to be confused as fuck as to why people get angry at them for the selfish and cruel behaviors they exhibit.
>>
>>574299504
Psychopaths are not crazy we lack emotion an empathy.
>>
>>574299504
Aren't Psychopaths by definition, pretty much High functioning crazies?
>>
>>574299685
I seriously doubt you're a psychopath.
>>
>>574299685

>we lack emotion and empathy
>we lack empathy
>we

So you can empathize with other non-empathizers. 2edgy
>>
>>574299967
That's your right to doubt me. I would happily show you the letter from the military but I have no camera. I am also not a fan of cell phones so I guess I will have to live with your doubt.
>>
>>574297201
It is possible to be a psychopath and know it. These triats are not mutually exclusive.
>>
i don't have empathy for others, but i get really really angry and manipulative when i dont get my own way, and i do some pretty fucked up things

>probably just an asshole
>>
>>574299664
>:^)
>>574299685
Then you are not a psychopath. I might think about murderous rampages , but because I realize this is (morally) wrong I choose not to act on these random thoughts. If you think your crazy, your actually not crazy because you can still make distinguish .
>>
>>574300204
Faggot
>>
>>574300061
There are more than one psycho path in the world. I think using the plural was quite appropriate.
>>
>>574300204
>>574300061
>>574299685
It's the fact that you said "We" that makes me doubt it. A Psychopath would be more likely to single himself out as a Psychopath. It's not like a fucking team you're a part of or something.
>>
>>574300790
Lacking Empathy and emotion was a long winded way of saying I don't care what you think and am incapable of understanding how you feel though I can rationalize it based on reaction.
>>
this is a great bai thread. getting all the cool autists on b to brag about and proudly identify as a psychopath in a nonchalant manner to appear like its no big deal to add to their cool but in reality think theyre badass while stroking their beard grin on face waiting for their hotpocket to cool off enough to eat.
>>
>>574301071
Exactly the feeling I'm getting from >>574301015
>>
I don't know how people view me. Do you? I'd doubt some pay I would know either unless he is doing some really obvious shit like murdering someone. And even then I could picture myself trying to justify my actions. Who's to say a psychopath wouldn't do he same.
>>
>>574301481
Pay I = psychopath

Fuck I hate auto correct
>>
>>574299127

sounds like you have aspergers except most with aspergers have difficulty mimicing appropruately. congrats youre mentally retarded and think youre a badass
>>
>>574301690
Nope but they are similar I am told people with Asperger's have trouble with making eye contact which seems to me an emotional thing. Maybe some form of mental retardation cant say for sure but in my experience people who are afraid don't like to make eye contact.
>>
>>574299128
hahaha I'm not hardcore like >>574299281
I had/have defuse axonal injury with some focal bleeding, prognosis said severe (tbi), I just want to be me again..... I don't understand why its so hard for everyone else to know themselves well enough to not lie to themselves. You can know physics you can know chem, you can know all kinds of shit but for some reason the whole lot of ya cant even entertain trying to understand your own intentions.
>>
am physiopath, ask my mother
in the grave
>>
>>574302460
I cant say I'm hardcore simply aware that something was wrong from an early age. People were always unnerved by me they say I observe them to much. They don't like to be watched why I couldn't tell you.
>>
rule 34 OP picture
>>
>>574302961
I was that quiet kid that just blended into the wood work in school though my grades were always very good.
>>
As a psychopath i can say, I know I am a psychopath. I don't have any intuition, because all my mimic and gestic are trained with a mirror, so I know extactly how my facial expression would look like at any time, so I can keep control about myself, acting as normal as I can. I never read any books about 'hiding' it, I just observed the facial expressions and the behaviour of other people and kind of copied it.

BTW - you can ask me anything
>>
>>574302961
>>574303334
>>574302169
>>574301015
>>574300781
>>574300204
>>574299685
>>574299545
>>574299281
>>574299127
>>574298390
Extreme fedoracore
>>
>>574303334
Maintained a supervisory job working on electronics for a few years in the military for about eight years or so. Nothing special I received all the basic commendations they hand out. Now I am a civilian.
>>
File: TheFappenning (125).jpg (35 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
TheFappenning (125).jpg
35 KB, 604x453
>The Fappenn.in.g Fu.ll Coll.ection
doiop;com/fappennin [change ; to . ]
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.