[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best browser? Chrome's been iffy, and Firefox....
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
What's the best browser? Chrome's been iffy, and Firefox.... changed.
>>
>>570891291
ie 3.1
>>
The one that works best for you.
>>
Opera
>>
>>570891291
Try out opera then go back to Chrome
>>
>>570891417
>>570891423
Thanks, I'm trying that now. Chrome's been a bit... weird lately. Like I can't explain. It's just been getting slower... slowly.
>>
Firefox faggots
>>
>>570891581
Might want to download Ccleaner and clean up some crap you browser saves, might help it a little?
>>
>>570891731
Oh, I do it alot. I usually scan about twice a week just to be safe.
>>
I recently switched from Chrome to Firefox. Here's what I think:

Chrome
>seems more stable
>has better integration with Google products (like reverse image search)

Firefox
>handles bookmarks more nicely
>doesn't sell your browsing habits to 3rd parties
>is more customizable

In terms of layout and usability, both are great once you get used to them. And they don't differ that much anyways.
>>
>>570891581
chrome has a tendancy to take up a fuckton of resources for no reason.
and Ccleaner like >>570891731
said.

also, Mozilla Nightly is best browser.
>>
If you are using Windows 7 or 8, IE 11...I know is a common joke to say that this browser is slow, but this version is actually pretty fast, plus some tests have shown that is the safest one, if fou turn on the anti track protection
>>
>>570891291
use Lynx faggot!
>>
>>570891291
Man up and carry on Foxxing or try out Opera, but turn on Turbo.
>>
>>570891291

On Windows, Chrome. On OS X, Safari.

Good alternatives on Windows are Opera and Opera Next. Same for OS X, but you can chuck Chrome in that list, too.

Firefox is just too heavy. There are people still like it, but I maintain that it's pretty shitty.

And anyone that says Safari is shitty is wrong (unless you're using it on Windows, which you shouldn't, because it's heavy and way outdated, unfortunately). It's a great browser. Also, those who say Chrome is better than Safari are hypocrites, because they're both built on Webkit and have very similar features. It's mostly down to preference.
>>
>>570892236
This guy knows what to do
>>
>>570891884
I remember one version fucked up mouse scrolling globally in windows a few months back. tons of posts in forums everywhere. eventually that went away with the next release.
the current release sometimes I can't right click to save pic (like I right click but nothing happens). have to switch back to firefox.
>>
>>570892305
Opera with Turbo's pretty nice. Thanks, anon.
>>
WaterFox <3
>>
>>570891291
i just went from chrome to firefox but i quickly switched back again. firefox crashed a lot for no reason, even when i disabled plugins/addons. also it seems a bit slower with many tabs open. also switching tabs with ctrl pg up/down doesn't work when you've focused a flash applet, such as on youtube, which is massively fucking annoying

basically chrome is still superior. wish it was completely open source so we could see what data google is collecting. everything probably goes straight to NSA amirite
>>
>>570891291
Been using Chrome for a long time now, decided to go back to Firefox for a day and man that shit is slow as fuck.
>>
Lets be honest, non of these beat Netscape
>>
>>570892957
That's exactly what I just tried. Slow. As. FUCK.
>>
File: 1411257033265.jpg (59 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1411257033265.jpg
59 KB, 640x427
>>570891581
Stop .... doing that
>>
>>570892853
you can get chromium instead of chrome

you'll need to download the flash plugin separately though

http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/Internet/Browsers/Portable-Google-Chrome-Chromium.shtml

the builds released on softpedia don't get updated as often as the ones on appspot, but I've found them to be rock-stable compared to the latter (nightly build)

here's the nightly build (aka: beware of of unknown bugs)
https://download-chromium.appspot.com/
>>
>>570891291
firefox for me due to aesthetics and capabilities

if you have a slower computer, go with Iron browser. based on chrome but it isn't a fucking google hive botnet, which automatically sends everything you type to google.

Seriously fuck chrome.
>>
>>570891581
my chrome got slow as fuck when i reached 150-200 bookmarks or so. i deleted them all and now it's fast as fuck again. i have a sync account thing which may have something to do with it
>>
>>570893380
I have like 2 bookmarks. weird.
>>
I use Comodo Dragon version 24.

Don't use the latest version, it sucks.

It's based on Chromium, so it handles similarly to Chrome, but without being botnet shit.
>>
download "classic theme restorer" for firefox ya dingus.
>>
Opera used to be the best there was.
Then it changed into Chrome with a red touch. Now it sucks
>>
>>570891291
If you want a browser filled with addons and goodies use firefox

if you're retarded chrome and get botnet and NSA spying on yo
>>
>>570891291
Iceweasel or Tor, get discreete yo.
>>
>>570891803
>doesn't sell your browsing habits to 3rd parties
>3rd parties
>selling information to your competitors and not using it yourself
yea that makes a lot of sebse
>>
>>570893252
thanks bro. are there any other differences between chrome and chromium?
>>
>>570892659
It's ok anon....now post pics of your dick faget to show me how grateful you are.
>>
>>570893356
>aesthetics
The newer versions basically look like Chrome
>>
>>570893672
Between Chrome and Chromium? Chromium is slightly faster (less bloat), more discrete (open source instead of google controlled), and its slightly harder to get flash on Chromium.

If youre stuck between those two, Go chromium
>>
>>570891291
Google ultron
>>
>>570893491
Man that was years ago. I remember I used Opera a lot, but then Chrome came out. Chrome outclassed Opera so I switched
>>
>>570893774
i've always used mine skinned, so i wouldn't know
>>
>>570893880
^This!
Never going to use any other browser anymore.
>>
>>570893495
>if you're retarded chrome and get botnet and NSA spying on yo
Hurr durr so retarded cant disable tracking. It basically asks you during the installation
>>
I'm a Linux-only user and so far I find Chrome way faster than any other browser out there. I really don't give a fuck that Google uses all my browsing data. I use Tor for some of my "research". Midori is nice too.
>>
>>570893961
Also, while I like using Chrome on PC. I still use Opera on my Android. Just dont like mobile Chrome
>>
>>570893880
That's what I use.
>>
>>570891291
Opera you fucking faggot. Its glorious
>>
>>570893597
Being this retarded... if you use it yourself you dont earn the money you get while selling it...

Also, Google uses that info
>>
File: Pyrrhocoris_apterus_(aka).jpg (314 KB, 748x1000) Image search: [Google]
Pyrrhocoris_apterus_(aka).jpg
314 KB, 748x1000
>>570891291
I still use Firefox because of Firebug, I think it's the best dev tool out there.
>>
I use Pale Moon (FF fork optimized for 64bit windows). Its a great piece of software, another thing I would like to say is that with Firefox addons you can block all ads and most attack kinds: XSS, XSRF, Heartbleed...
>>
>>570891291

Firefox
+HTTPS-Everywhere
+NoScript
+Flashblock
+Adblock Edge
+FoxyProxy
+DownloadHelper/DownThemAll
+ClipConverter
+Xmarks
+BloodyVikings!
+ more
(Couldn't internet without my add-ons, mang.)

Open-source rulez.

Just curious, what about Firefox "changed" for you that you don't like?

Comodo Dragon is decent alternative.

And if you care about privacy, Chrome is right out.
>>
>>570894536
>Also, Google uses that info
My point exactly. Googles lives off that info and ads, since they give their other products for free(gmail, android, maps, etc.). Why would they sell it to their competitors, to lose the advantage of being a great information and data whore?
>>
File: this one.png (184 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
this one.png
184 KB, 1920x1080
This one.
>>
https://www.waterfoxproject.org/

64bit firefox you niggers. get with the god damn program. same developers. same people. same same same. also samefag. stop downloading firefox when you have a dual/quad/6/8 core cpu.
also change your dns servers from yout shitty isp one. they are fucking slow.
>>
>>570891291
waterfox
>>
>>570895806
Used waterfox, same shit as firefox, palemoon was a bit better but also shit, they can't handle 100 tabs. They just become unusable after that
>>
Firefox master race faggot.

Seriously though, I prefer Firefox just because it feels more "complete" and up-to-date. Will elaborate if necessary.
>>
GC, syncs across all devices and is quick.
>>
File: 1391542864120.jpg (31 KB, 480x401) Image search: [Google]
1391542864120.jpg
31 KB, 480x401
GOODSEARCH /b/ tards. Be useful to something.
>>
File: wat.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>570896404
wat
>>
>>570894805
Firefox doesn't have a sandbox, and that's why it's instantly dropped my most people
>>
>>570897404
Enjoy your botnets faggot

>>570894805
You know that you can block Flash with NoScript? I would say that Flashblock is just bloating your browser
>>
>>570897761
Go watch Alex Jones more you paranoid beta
>>
>>570891423
Opera is just a skin on chromium these days.

Stick with IE6
>>
>>570891291

All browsers are shit now.

But still firefox and chromium.

Try to reverse the shit changes as best you can.

Or use the version before it went shit .

In firefox's case I believe it's version 28.

But get adblock plus on all profiles to prevent malware or "viruses" and shit.
>>
File: 1407724147498.jpg (4 KB, 154x154) Image search: [Google]
1407724147498.jpg
4 KB, 154x154
>>570891291
If you do still like Firefox you can get an add on from the Mozilla website to restore it to the version 28 theme. It looks like before the theme change but you can still use the new features they added. I this 10 minutes after I saw Version 29:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/
>>
>>570900726

What I don't like about addons is that you can't apply them to all profiles. It's annoying as a mother fucker to manually restore add-ons in profiles 1 by 1 when you use like 10 profiles or more. Every time.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.