[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There isn't anymore the concept of arguing Once people discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 320x296) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 320x296
There isn't anymore the concept of arguing
Once people discuss things with an open mind and if they understand that their point was wrong they would have accepted it and changed their mind....why this isn't happening anymore?
>>
>>565134950
Let's demonstrate anon....what do you want to talk about?
>>
fuck yeah, lets be more close-minded /b/tards
>>
You can't be an atheist, be one means you have prove that god don't exist and you will not believe in him
The best thing is agnostic, you don't know if there is a god and choose to not believe
>>
>>565134950
>>565133927
thread was about being pruned as I was writing

>Once people discuss things with an open mind and if they understand that their point was wrong they would have accepted it and changed their mind
At the risk of seeming a pretentious asshole, I do this.
Subjectively talking, I don't usually find myself wrong in an argument but when I do, like, the 95% of the times I accept it, saying it loudly and giving the other guy the reason. The other 5% I just keep on a little more to mess with my friends.

Honestly, for me is the logic choice. If you don't admit that you were wrong you're just lying to yourself and making a fool of yourself in front of others.
If you admit it, not only people start to think of you like a good person to argue and take your words with more value, but you learn. You learn and learning that you were wrong can only be good for yourself.

But you're kind of right, I started to do this a few years ago and until this day I still have to see another person to do it.
It always catch my friends off guard the few times I suddenly give them the reason; I think is sad that people act with surprise for such a thing.

tl;dr: pretentious asshole faggot
>>
>>565135926
logical choice*
I'm spotting another errors.
Sorry, I was writing fast.
>>
>>565135926
That's the point, arguing is searching for the the true...but those days ppl are just finding bullshit to prove them right
It drive me crazy
>>
>>565136827
I believe most of the time is more of a psychological problem.
Our brain, as the complex and awesome organ that it is, is always trying to protect us no matter what.
One great example is how most people when break a bone can remember they had an accident but can't remember the accident itself; to protect us from the shock.

I think one of those "brain-tools" is the necessity to "feel better with oneself". I may be wrong but I'm usually able to understand some behaviors using the "feel better with oneself" as a base.

Most people prefer to ignore the reality of their surrounding as lying to themselves make them feel better. For example, when a person is better in something than them, they usually try to search for flaws everywhere. Like how people always remember that Newton was a insurance salesman, for example, so he's not "that big deal compared to me".

I don't blame them. I have my own problems and defects.
>>
>>565138019
huh, I have to go.
Just remember, don't give up with these kinds of things.
One of the greatest things of humanity is the variety; even when it doesn't seem like it, you can always find whatever kind of person you're looking for.
Patience and understandings are powerful friends.
>>
>>565133927
It's because a lot of the concept of arguing is obsolete.

If you can't objectively prove your opposition "wrong" (rendering your argument a fact), then there's no real point to it.

If there is no way to objectively prove your opposition wrong, then it's a matter of problem solving with your own creativity and logical reason. It's best then to work with the person instead of against him/her.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.