[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Learning some basic PHP <?php echo 'Hello World';
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 10
File: PHP-logo.svg.png (93 KB, 1280x678) Image search: [Google]
PHP-logo.svg.png
93 KB, 1280x678
Learning some basic PHP

<?php
echo 'Hello World';
?>

What are you coding?

all codingfags get in here!
>>
Started with php when i was 11 now can code python and c++
>>
>>559717223
I want to learn how to code, anyone got any recommended places?
>>
Doing some SQF for arma 3 but know a tiny bit of HTML, phython CSS and C#
>>
>>559717420
http://www.codecademy.com/ or a book mby
>>
Tying to learn Python as my first language. Feels okay man
Planning to get a rasp pi to put my skill to use
>>
File: 43964.jpg (25 KB, 350x418) Image search: [Google]
43964.jpg
25 KB, 350x418
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
>>
>>559717420
Youtube is a good place.
https://www.youtube.com/user/thenewboston/playlists

this channel is really educating and these tutorials are well made. You should have a look

>>559717376
i've forgotten everything about python but i want to learn c++ in later years

>>559717549
thats cool! Never heard of SQF before
>>
I would highly recommend coding python as its really flexible and easy for starters, then move onto things with harder syntax such vb.net then c++ ect.
>>
>>559717223
Learning java atm, pretty easy really.
>>
File: OHWAIT.png (284 KB, 453x363) Image search: [Google]
OHWAIT.png
284 KB, 453x363
if youre starting past like 12 years old gg its ogre

peace
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 500x406) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 500x406
>>559717579
>>559717912
thanks yo
>>
>>559717223
know python, html
some ruby and php, used to know js but i forgot
knows "hello world" in c++, im working on it
>>
>>559717223
>php
Don't code PHP, it sucks. Use Node.js with Express and Jade to do websites m8.
>>
you can also code websites with python
>>
Someone pls define 'knowing' a programming language. By that do you mean you can do w/e the fuck you want as long as its logically/practically possible?
>>
>>559718020
remember years ago when i played around with VB, trying to make fake viruses and
it all was a huge failure. but fun tho

>>559718038
how does the workspace look like when working with java?
or more specifically, how does your workspace look like?

>>559718214
no problem
>>
C#. Java, Javascript(Angular + Node.js)
>>
>>559718038
java is shit imo. did some modding for minecraft only time i have ever touched that shitty lang.
>>
void pause()
{
using namespace std;
cin.clear();
cin.ignore(255, '\n');
cin.get();
}

C++ represent
>>
>>559718384
Node. Js isn't great for backend stuff and it's asynchronous can cause problems, requiring a but load of callbacks which slow it down and by then you might as well just have used php
>>
>>559718384
I never understood how you even get the fucking idea to run a web server on JavaScript. Wasn't PHP bad enough?
>>
u mean PrettyHomePage
>>
>>559718767
I think 'knowing a programming language' is to know how to declare a variable and how most of the common used functions work.

That doesn't mean you'll be able to program anything you want from scratch to a working app. It's so more complicated than just knowing the language. It's like knowing few words in Spanish compared to writing a poetry book with that language.
>>
>>559719030
Not well optimised but powerful and simple, it's the language behind Android.
>>
>>559719030
The code for Minecraft sucks. Java is pretty awesome.
>>
>>559719203
got to start somewhere
>>
>>559718384
facebook is using php, and i'm having fun with php
but i'll look those up as well. ty.

>>559718767
i'm defining it as being able to do what ever you want, but even if you don't know everything about
a certain language you can still have alot of potential with it
>>
It's all about how fast can you develop on a given platform. Node.JS is the fastest imo
>>
>>559719329
Not well optimized? It's one of the fastest languages that there are.
>>
Don do it OP. PHP is terribad. Anything else, I swears. Pls OP.
>>
>>559719441
To do whatever you want you have to know how to code. That's not the same as to know a language.
>>
>>559719593
For vidya it kinda sucks, otherwise yes it's very fast
>>
>>559719203
>>559719441
Thanks /b/ros
>>
>>559717223
Excellent tutorial website is thenewboston. I know HTML, bits of Python and c++. I could never grasp php though.
>>
>>559719441
Facebook use HACK, their own language derived from PHP
>>
python and php, as well as heavy knowledge in perl and c++

recently learning python more and more, just got done with a script that lets you edit any file and uploads it to your FTP server, it's been done but it's good practice.
>>
>>559719194
you got it!
>>
>>559719343
You gotta be kidding me. The Minecraft source code is a masterpiece of Java.
>>
someone post the hispanic ZOMG I RITE TEH CODEZ span/mexifag
>>
>>559719850
It's not even that bad. You can do pretty awesome stuff with libraries like lwjgl. The problem is that apparently no one who writes games with Java knows how to write really performant Java code that works well with the graphics card.
>>
>>559720168
>You gotta be kidding me. The Minecraft source code is a masterpiece of Java.
fat rich guy pls
>>
>>559717223
main PROC
movzx cl, 10h
L1:
mov edx, OFFSET YouMadBroMsg
call WriteString
call CRLF
loop L1
main ENDP
>>
>>559717223
Comp sci student reporting in, wrote a Brainfuck interpreter in C# a little while ago because I was bored.
>>
Programming some html5 shit here. In combination with javaScribt this is absolutely godtier.

Working on a hack so i can see visitors browserhistory. This is done with Javascribt, html4/5 and css3 (web 2.0). IDE i use is visual studio 2005.
>>
>>559719797
Well yes, thats what i meant, but couldn't elaborate myself. phss, talking about language and stuff, i can't even express myself.

>>559719883
yw!

>>559719906
That is exactly the place i'm on right now, learning php. awesome to find others who learn from thenewboston

>>559719976
okay i see! i'll get more knowledge as i learn about php

>>559719906
sounds fun to mess around with
i never got the time to learn more indepth about python
>>
>>559717223
>>559717420
PHP was fun. It's especially nice after the more "rigid" languages like Java or C# when it comes to arrays, in my opinion.

If anyone here is looking for a book to get started on a language, it-ebooks.info has a ton, all free.
>>
File: ohwaityousrs.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
ohwaityousrs.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>559720168
>>
Recently I kinda learned Python, then I went on to sort of learn Wolfram, then I got bored and now I'm here.
>>
>>559720759
HTML5 + CSS3 is God's gift to the Internet. How did we survive before it?
>>
>>559720993

the truest post in this thread.
>>
>>559719203
If you're being interviewed by me and you say you know a language, you best know the whole fucking thing not just "how to declare a variable and some common functions".

I'm probably not hiring you if you come in saying you "know" c++ and haven't the slightest idea what polymorphism is, given that the language was designed for OOP.
>>
Enterprise software developer here. Have been working on airline booking, banking, CRM systems. I make a shitload of money and write applications that actually work and a lot of people use them.
If you want the same, don't hear to faggots ITT and learn Java or C#
>>
I really think java is one of the best starting languages because the amount of tutorials created for it is awesome and it has one of the best API documentations out there.
C# is pretty cool but it's has some funny quarks when it comes to web development with it.
>>
>>559717223
Any of you guys know a good way to query a server running on a udp port to see if it's online or offline? I've got a space engineers dedicated server and I'm trying to add a script to my website that can show if it's online or offline.
>>
>>559720481
can't think of where that's from. :/

>>559720636
i've seen some Brainfuck, and it looks insane.
i would explode if i tried to learn that shit!

>>559720759
i love stuff like this not that i know how to program these sorts of hacks, but
when someone breaks the purpose of a program and twists the coding, it just makes me smile

>>559720883
how long do you think it will take for a normal person to fully learn php?
>>
>>559721407
Send a few pings. If it doesn't respond, it is offline (or the connection is so bad you won't be able to play anyways).
>>
>>559719096

>>which slow it down and by then you might as well just have used php

Not if you actually, you know, know how to write javascript.

>>callbacks which slow it down

do you actually....know...anything about computers and programming?
>>
>>559721243
>>559721321
2 very valid points. Many people I know love one and hate the other, but to me that's like saying hammers are always better than screwdrivers. They're just tools that excel at certain jobs.

That being said, I still prefer Java over C#, mostly because I like the option of programming outside of windows.
>>
>>559721243
C# is really good for Windows, but I have no idea whether Mono is any good

>>559721696
It only has eight operators ( +-,.[]<> ), but I don't really know how to program in it. I got example scripts off of the Internet and wrote a program that would run them correctly.
>>
>>559721696
x86 assembler. Useful to know if you're reverse engineering for security reasons. Or if you feel like writing your own compiler. You know. For fun.
>>
>>559721243
This. If you like programming, go learn something that will broaden your views, such as a Lisp or something pure functional like Haskell or some shit like that.

But if you don't want to be a hobo and actually make money, also learn some industry standard language and kick ass. I know a guy who is a ColdFusion developer, and guess what, today people are starting to realize they have a shitton of legacy CF code they need to maintain. And that friend of mine makes 4x the money these hipsters working with Angular and Dart do working for their shitty little startups with a 1% chance of not going bankrupt.
>>
Laravel in PHP web master race
>>
>>559721780
Here is the script I've been working on:
$SpaceEngineers = @fsockopen("udp://127.0.0.1", 27016, $errno, $errstr);
if (!$SpaceEngineers) {
echo "$errstr ($errno)Offline<br />\n";
} else {
$out = "GET / HTTP/1.1\r\n";
$out .= "Host: www.example.com\r\n";
$out .= "Connection: Close\r\n\r\n";
fwrite($SpaceEngineers, $out);
while (!feof($SpaceEngineers)) {
echo fgets($SpaceEngineers, 128);
}
fclose($SpaceEngineers);
}
I'm not quite sure how it's supposed to work.
>>
>>559721225
As I said, "knowing how to program" is more than just knowing the language. You can know every fucking function that exists in a language, you might know how to use every IF statement and every loop... and still you might not know how to use it, even if you wanted to create a simple calculator.

What I tried to say, that knowing the language is not everything.
>>
>>559721696
Brainfuck is actually quite easy. At least for smaller programms.

That depends on what you mean with "fully learn".

Anyways, your goal shouldn't be to learn a language but to learn programming. If you can programm it doesn't matter which language you use if it is well documented.
>>
>>559721243
what are those languages you are working with?

if i miss to reply it's because i'm watching these tutorials
imma try to answer tho
>>
>>559721225

i like how you just threw polymorphism because cool word, when it's a really easy concept to understand and apply in C++...

your euphoria is showing.
>>
>>559722404
1. It may not be the best idea to run your website on the same (physical) server as your game. If the game server crashes or takes a high load, you website is gone, too.

2. Can't you just check if the process is running?
>>
>>559721696
It supposedly takes 10,000 hours to become an expert in something, at least from what I've heard. Open source languages are a double-edged sword in that they're always improving (hopefully). It's improbable that any one person will know any language front-to-back and inside-out, but with 10,000 hours of practice (hell, even a quarter of that!) and multiple resources, I'm sure it won't take long.

If PHP is your first language, it may be rougher at the start, but if you're familiar with logic, and with other languages, I'm sure it won't take long.
>>
>i'll remove you all
rm -rf /
>>
>>559723363
Permission denied.
>>
>>559724039
Shit
sudo rm -rf /
>>
>>559724039
$ su -
# [ $[ $RANDOM % 6 ] == 0 ] && rm -rf / || echo “You live”
>>
>>559722425
thanks for brightening my mind anon

>>559723348
the time will pass away pretty quick i assume, but i hope my memory will store all these programming skills i will be learning

i have been using Actionscript 2.0 many years ago for making simple flashgames, and then i learned a tiny bit of python which i have forgotten the most of
>>
>>559724039
sudo !!
>>
ping 127.0.0.1
>>
>>559722785
I spoke of polymorphism because recently I had an autist try to tell me he knew C++ and had no idea what it was. It's an example of a concept in C++ (and other object-oriented languages) that
you'd better know before claiming you know the language.
The fact that you think mentioning polymorphism is anything out of the ordinary or euphoric makes me think you aren't used to interviewing people to write software. (Protip: There's a reason that some astounding statistic like 95% of software dev applications have people completely incapable of doing the job, it's because most morons like the person I replied to mistakenly think they have the skillset).
>>
>>559724239
do u even !!?
>>
>>559722030
javascript is a very shitty language with braindead design decisions
>>
>>559724561

no shit i don't interview people but if you're going to think highly of them because they get polymorphism then i never want you as my boss LOL
>>
>>559722785
>polymorphism because cool word
forgot what this is, but it's standard knowledge. i think it refers to the fact the you can have the same names but different behavior of member functions? can anyone correct me?
>>
>>559724823
Well it does make sense of him to think highly of potential employees if they know their stuff
>>
>>559724239
[sudo] password for Anonymous:
>>
>>559724561
Well, maybe he knew about classes and such, but just didn't know the jargon?
>>
>>559717223
Writing scripts to automate directory crap at work in Powershell. Never even tried to use Powershell before, but it rocks.
>>
>>559725190
polymorphism involves classes though.
>>
File: langooges.png (356 KB, 724x3267) Image search: [Google]
langooges.png
356 KB, 724x3267
>>559717223
(g)Lua, PHP, C#, Python, Java, a bit of JavaScript and HTML.
Really need to learn C++ tho.
>>
>>559722478
For production systems(i.e. these that are available to customers) only Java and SQL. For internal tools also Python, Groovy and Ruby.
Don't forget that in order to be a serious Java developer you need to know also a lot of tools, standards and have a good grasp of basic algorithms, data structures and concurrency,
If you want to start I'll recommend that order(? - optional, only if you're interested in that subject):
Any language
Algorithms and data structures
Java(pure language)
Java collections, standard I/O, files
?Swing
Concurrency
Packaging
Maven/Gradle
SQL
?JDBC
JPA/Hibernate
Spring
and then you should be able to decide where to go later
>>
>>559717223
A little bit o' java, and a handful of lua.

Garrys Mod does things to you. Garry, on the other hand, is a bitch.
>>
>>559725336
I mean he might've known what polymorphism was, but didn't know it was called polymorphism
>>
>>559724261
Well, my experience with different languages has been that you will forget the syntax of a language if you move onto others, but the basic concepts (OOP, conversions, etc) will stick with you. When you go back to the original language, you'll probably grasp for the correct syntax, but it'll be like riding a bike after that. Forgetting syntax isn't too terrible of a crime, because many IDE's have intelli-sense or the like, and it'll offer suggestions based on what you're typing. After you see the patterns in the syntax, it'll start coming back to you.

It is like learning an actual language in a few ways. I did 3 years of Spanish in high school. I barely remember it, but I remember the mechanics of the language (verb conjugation, masculine/feminine properties) and if I listen to someone speaking it, I can pick stuff out and figure out what they're trying to say. I haven't touched C# in a while, but a friend has had me look at his code and it comes back pretty quickly.
>>
File: 31-7-2014 01-14-11.jpg (53 KB, 640x205) Image search: [Google]
31-7-2014 01-14-11.jpg
53 KB, 640x205
>>559725993
I second that.
>>
say: hello world
>>
I can do a bit of everything but my main languages are C/C++, Python and Haskell. Got a masters in CS and work for a financial corp doing model analysis. Love what I do.
>>
c++ and fucking shit java because of android.

fuck java.
>>
I'm making an ARPG in c++
AMA
>>
>>559726621
What's an ARPG? Action rpg?
>>
>>559727070
yes
>>
programming a diablolike roguelike in c# right now. our pathfinding sucks tho, when we have 100 or more enemies spawned the game starts lagging. does any1 have a sauce for efficent pathfinding?
>>
>>559725007
you have two classes. car and bike. both have the same base class vehicle and have overridden the method drive defined which is a member of vehicle. if you create a pointer of type vehicle to reference either the car or the bike object and call the method drive (myCar.Drive() or myBike.Drive()) the appropriate overriden method gets called even if you call it via the base class reference. thats polymorphism.
>>
html/php/css/javascript.

a least i can read other language if i have to. lot have similarity , just somme extra fuction that google can tell you.

i learn a bit c for programing with an arduino.
>>
Mostly Javascript now a days. An old in-house framework and newer one being ported to Angular.
>>
>>559727312
A* is efficient if implemented right. Also if a high count of enemies is your average case, you could do the path finding in parallel. Synchronization can be annoying but it's really worth it.
>>
>>559727183
Well, tell us about it. Title, theme, what makes it special? Got pictures? A demo?
>>
>>559727327
how would explain that in a few sentences?
>>
>>559725264
does the language work fluid for you?

>>559725376
these are some nice languages i want to learn.
what uses do you have for Lua?

>>559725695
holy shitbuckets... programming world sure is big and you really need to know more than 5 languages in most cases

>>559725993
i've wanted to create my own lua scripts for gmod for some time, but never thought it would be worth it. do you think it's worth knowing lua?

>>559726225
you made a good point. i will ofcourse forget the syntaxes of the different languages and it sure will snap back to me. it's kinda like when i stopped coding in action script 2.0 and came back to it 2 years later. i was still able to program shit.

>>559726374
finally someone understood!

>>559726494
loving what you do is more important than doing it for the money. if you're doing stuff you don't like you are going to kill yourself. keep doing what you love anon!

>>559727491
arduinos can be used for so many things! they're wonderful

>>559727516
have you built anything fun or usefull with javascript?
>>
>>559727312
If all 100 enemies have just 1 destination, you could just do a floodfill type thing, A link with explanation: http://www.redblobgames.com/pathfinding/tower-defense/
>>
>>559728421
>have you built anything fun or usefull with javascript?

Personal stuff not much. At work yeah, the platform handles Ads/advertisers and stuff like that. Google Ads competition.
>>
>>559727750
afaik we are using A* ont sure if we use multiple threads tho.
>>559728431
thx ill check that out
>>
>>559728421
Pretty much only for Garry's Mod and partially WoW addons.
Didn't learn it for anything else tho.
>>
>>559728421
yes i like arduino some extra fuction make easy to use somme engine or thing using clock or spécifique type of thing. very funny and can used to learn somme dude in a good way what a code can do.
>>
>>559728421
Lua is mostly used to mod games or extend other applications. It can be used on its own as any other script language though. It's a simple and fun language but I don't recommend it as a first language.
>>
we are going to change our code from php to c++ cause php sucks
>>
Just got a full time job doing Ruby on Rails before finishing school. Jackpot.
>>
>>559722404
are you following an example? udp is a transport protocal, not an application protocol.
ie, it doesnt operate at that layer.

find out what udp port your server listens to and use a network stream to check if a connection can be established to it.
once you;ve done that you may also be able to get some extra info from the server by passing game specific commands to it

not a php
>>
>>559729448
why, php is more easy for all. and make more people can use it.
>>
>>559728921
correction we ofc use multithreading
>>
>>559730258

we decided to do so, because our company wants to have full control over the application itself
furthermore we need the perfomance boost
>>
>>559729485
nice, what is the pay and your age?
>>
>>559728910
sounds like some high quality stuff if you're competing with google

>>559729321
i'm sad i do not own any arduino, but i have one of these Lego mindstorm ev3 robots which you can program to do whatever you want if you have the parts for it.
>inb4 lego is for kids
lego can be very fun to play with then it comes to programming the robot with your computer

>>559729398
is lua much tougher than php then i think i can wait, but it seems so fun to play around with

>>559729448
care to explain why it sucks?
it could give me some minor benefit if i would know

>>559729485
many languages posted in here are languages that i've heard of but never understood what they're for. Ruby sounds usefull but what do you do with it?
>>
>>559730454
Did you use php for a web server or something else?
>>
>>559726621
any chance for a site link or whatever? because i'm a fan of arpgs.
>>
>>559730764

yes for dynamic websites
currently we are using apache with mod_php
after the portation of the code we want to use either fastcgi or a self implemented apache module
>>
hello world shitty web development
>>
Real men code in Perl
>>
>>559717223
ITT: people who dont understand coding vs scrptiing
>>
>>559731352
it's taking off slowly, but some day i will be better at php and other good languages
>>
File: Bnhjr14.jpg (553 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Bnhjr14.jpg
553 KB, 1600x1200
It's funny.

I know PHP to the level that I write advanced memory tracers and debuggers for it.

I also know C, C#, C++, Java (EE), MatLab, LaTeX, Arduino, AVR, PIC, Javascript (helped dev jQuery so also know angular, node and other things like prototype), python, ruby, ASP.net, objective C etc

Also have a long history in netsec and have a complete knowledge of 70-461 to 7 and the IP suite amongst a lot of other things,

And knowing all that I still can't find a job kek

Also pic is the bum my boss would get to bang if someone would hire me :3
>>
>>559730607
I'd say Lua is easier than PHP (and more fun imo). But it doesn't really offer any advantage over PHP or any other language.
>>
>>559730607
we can do lot of thing with those.
http://www.nbcbayarea
.com/news/local/Santa-Clara-12-Year-Old-Creates-Low-Cost-Braille-Printer-Out-Of-Lego-247716461.html

>>559730454
the creator of standart of web have chose the number of people who can use the web than the performance, that a 75% a choice.
>>
>>559731374
andy pls
>>
>>559731234
Don't reinvent the wheel. If you really want to use C++ use fastcgi. People have done that before so you wont waste too much time on things that already exist.
>>
>>559731374
Real man code in binary.
>>
>>559732201
real men code binary in a selfmade "brainfuck" compilator !
>>
>>559732201
no, its assembly and C.
>>
>>559733358

in the seventies programmers hadnt any compiler or assembler, therefore they were forced to code and encode they commands binarily?!?!?! :D
>>
>>559731667
You should put that whole post including the photo on your job résumé! they'll be impressed i bet.
i spoke earlier about leaving a language for a few years and being able to get right back to it. can you do so or do you find it difficult?

>>559731708
aah, i gotcha! Lua might be more for hobbies i guess?

>>559731754
that kid is insane. i feel so stupid having one of these robots in my room and i can't even make it walk across the room and come back again.
>>
>>559731667

lol
>>
>>559733878
kill yourself faggot
Do it now
>?!?!?! :D
>>
>>559731667
Hey, you got some contact info
>>
>>559733982
>that kid is insane. i feel so stupid having one of these robots in my room and i can't even make it walk across the room and come back again.
that not that hard, a braille printer is a very very logical thing, 3 engine on to roll, one to make a point and the one to make the left-right mouvement, at each state of movement we check if we have to do a point or not.

a robot who can walk and came back are more complex to do
>>
File: 1343397412092.png (8 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1343397412092.png
8 KB, 493x402
this thread has been great, but i have to get some sleep.
sweating like a fucking pig also.

thanks all anons for sticking around and not being huge dicks.
sleep well /b/
>>
>>559735073
>thanks all anons for sticking around and not being huge dicks.
>sleep well /b/

good sleep annon !
>>
>>559733982
Well, you can use Lua to do pretty much everything you want. It's just that originally it was designed to extend other applications. Not just "hobby stuff" like games but also "serious" applications like Photoshop Lightroom, Wireshark and VLC Media Player.
>>
>>559735073

good night anon
>>
>>559717223
C++ Master Race
>>
How would someone with a learning disability go over learning C#, C or C++? I did a VB course 2 years ago and failed so hard because I didn't understand a word of what he was saying. I've been trying for about 4 years now and I literally haven't gotten any further than declaring variables. I tried eBooks, Codecademy, I tried learning Python, Java, C#, PHP, Ruby, CSS... I'm at my wit's end here. I really want to learn. Any help is appreciated.
>>
>>559735619
If you cant learn CSS you probably should give up
>>
>>559735619
>Started with vb.net
>Then C++, C#, Java, Python

vb.net easy peasy.

Hardest of c# is pointer and thread
>>
>>559735919
I meant hardest of c++
>>
>>559735619
ooookay , if it's not a troll you have some probleme here.
for you you have to make an image of what you wright. like "a variable var is a box" but that was waaaay to long to explain.
>>
Got a pretty good internship, on-the-job learning JavaScript, AJAX, and SQL, as well as a couple of other things.
>>
>>559719075
std::cout<<"fuck you"<<std::endl
>>
>>559735894
the css alone have does nothing, he had to understand html for use css btw.
>>
>>559736194
Why would I troll about learning programming languages? I'm asking a serious question and everyone thinks I'm shitposting.
>>
>>559719075

why do you have your standard namespace declaration inside a function?
>>
>>559735619
Try something like

codecombat
com

(fucking spam detection)

which teaches you how to program while playing a game. Maybe it helps.
>>
>>559736443
>Doesn't use namespace
>Being this n00b
>>
>>559736568
html and CSS is still easy as fuck
And you should learn CSS in a hour tops
>>
File: imgres.jpg (7 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
7 KB, 256x192
>>559717420

tutsplus.com

they have free sister sites (code.tutsplus.com) as well but those courses are worth the cash.

Focus on web stuff thats where most of the work is atm - C# on the back end if you ask me, but theres a lot of PHP stuff there
>>
>>559736618
because that was hard to believe.
but some people can't learn in a traditional way , ,has i say you have to imagine in other forlm to understand what you want to with your code
>>
>>559737032
yes .first html to learn a concept of box in a flux , after CSS to do more nice thing with css and after use php to create more stuff in html and css page
>>
>>559737024
>76 integrated systems
>inline assembly
>jr uses "using namespace"
>causes namespace collisions
>fucks up production code
learn to pro little boy
>>
>>559737024
Better than using namespace std;
>>
Private Sub IsOPAFag

Dim OPIsAFaggot as Boolean = True

While(OPIsAFaggot)
If OP.ID = "Heaven"
OPIsAFaggot = False
End If
End While

End Sub
>>
>>559738365

if ( isset($op) && emtpy($op)) {
$op = "faggot";
} else {
$op = "faggot";
}
>>
>>559731005
>>559726621
posting it again.
for AMA you don't seem to be responding much.
>>
>>559737013
Thank you Anon!
>>
>>559717223
i did a twitterrss feeder-shit in python an hour ago
Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.