[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /b/, how do you deal with the fact that you're going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 44
File: conjoined.png (848 KB, 1188x1121) Image search: [Google]
conjoined.png
848 KB, 1188x1121
Hi /b/, how do you deal with the fact that you're going to die someday? How do you face the idea of oblivion? or afterlife, if that sounds better for you...
>pic unrelated
>>
>>555587005
>how do you deal with the fact that you're going to die someday?

I took out a 40 year mortgage. HA HA, bankfools ! You'll never get it all back !
>>
>>555587005
Everyone is going to die one day.

It's the only inevitable thing in the world.
Why the fuck would you care about it?
Please don't be like those weak religious freaks who believe in heaven and afterlife etc, it's very childish an immature.

Only children need to be told stuff like that, but a grown man should know he's brain activity and later on body just stop at some point.
What's there to deal with?
>>
>>555587581
I just can't stop thinking about that. It's a simple idea, i won't exist. but i cant take it out of my mind. I do not believe in afterlife. Thanks for your words
>>
How did you deal with it before you were born?

When your time comes, it'll be difficult and hopefully fast - until then, fuck it.
>>
>>555587784
How do i forget about it? It has been getting worst since the first time i tried to imagine how could it be... It has been holding me back for a long time now. this week was the worst in ages, i have fear. a lot of it.
>>
>>555588312
*worse
damn it
>>
>>555588312
I kinda understand, I've had those thoughts too but you'll probably grow out of it.

You need to realise that there's fuck all we can do about it.
>>
>>555588486
i worded that wrong

i mean there's fuck all we can do about death - not your issue/question
>>
File: doge.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
doge.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>>555588312
We all die at some point, newfriend, And if there is no after life and this is the only life we get, enjoy it, be happy, live your dreams, cherish it. Leave behind a legacy that shows every second of your life was worth living, When the time comes to slip back into the abyss from which we came, hopefully you'll do so with a smile on your face. Don't be scared of death.
>>
>>555588486
>>555588651
yes, i understood... I feel like a weak shit right now, it has been fucking with my mind for so long. I managed to forget about it, but every time it comes back is so strong.. Thanks for your words bro.
>>
>>555587429
Bump
Idk anon. I've been through pretty much the entire gauntlet of Protestantism and now in my 30's, I find it all to be nothing but nonsensical bs. I accept my mortality... and whatever is next, if anything. I'd also like to ask anons what they think this existence is all about... so we spend our years learning and discovering... where does it all go when it's all over with? In my case, I have an insanely unquenchabl curiosity... is it all for naught? I don't accept that our individual experiences and knowledge is dumped into an ethereal collective to somhow benefit humankind but I just don't know.
>>
>>555587759
To be honest, you wont fucking even notice it

Unless you noticed being not born yet too
>>
I do not cry about, fear, or despair the fact that I was not alive 1000 years ago, why should I cry about, fear or despair the fact that I will not be alive 1000 years from now?

Further, when I am dead, I won't feel or think anything, so who gives a shit? An eternal sleep without dreams is not something to worry about.

There are the same amount of particles in a dead body as a live one. Life and death are abstractions. The molecules in your right had likely come from a different /star/ than the molecules in your right. You are made of literal starstuff.

All that "you" are was born in stars and will return to stars. Don't fret over your transitory "self". This collection of thoughts that the brain strings together to make a semblance, an illusion, of a permanent "you". You are not what you were when you were 5 years old, let alone what you were a billion, 10 billion years ago.

Step out of the box, your attachment to "self" is a self imposed suffering, one that can be overcome.
>>
>>555587005
I hope for oblivion, but I believe in an eternal reincarnation.
>>
>>555588651
>fuck all we can do about death

Wrong anon.

Scifag here, we know exactly what causes people to age and die, we have basic methods of stopping it/slowing it. The problem is two old however;

It was done with "illegal" research so the results are difficult to publish, there would be a public outcry at the ethics of the whole thing.

Secondly, if it became widespread public knowledge, usage would create an inexplicable population boom, so it's better to keep it a secret until eugenics becomes a realistic option.
>>
>>555589596
>The problem is two old however;

I meant two fold*
>>
File: 1403955627838.jpg (34 KB, 598x478) Image search: [Google]
1403955627838.jpg
34 KB, 598x478
I am terrified of life, don't you feel the same?

We are made of flesh and a beating muscle pumping blood every second, so sick and scary
There are millions of illness, body malfunctions and plain evilness and one die we will die of one of them, is terrifying!
We don't have any idea of what we are or where we are, we look at the skies the moon, the sun, the starts, WTF are those things, there are no real explanations of anything, we are clueless surrounded by the unknown, just dreadful
There is not a single clear objective in life, except obey the primal instint of reproduction like automatons and maybe believe we are part of a self made "society?" and try to leave some advance for a "future" we won't ever see! How atrocious!
Modern life gets even scarier, at the beginning the unknown world was magical and unique, now we know every inch of this stupid planet, we know there are no supernatural stuff, no aliens, no gods, no monsters, nothing! We are just stuck here to born/grow/reproduce/get-old/die thats it frightening simplistic, nowadays even religions are death there is no hope or anything to rely on
I can continue but my point is already proven
If you don't feel the way i feel is because you are zombie living the delusion, but when something "time feeling" happen to you, like the death of one of your parents, you'll remember this post and this anon thoughts and probably agree, life is the scariest nightmare!
>>
>>555588312
So face it. Meditate calmly on death and explore it and all the emotions it triggers until you don't react to it anymore. That's what some buddhist monks do.
>>
>>555589264

The question "what is the meaning of life" is a useless one. It posits an answer... the question itself is the problem.

The "answer" is very simply, the point of life is to live. Until you die.

Everything else one may or may not heap upon that is of one's own choosing. Or, more correctly, is the result of one's culture/religion/moors choosing. One is told that the meaning is to have a family, or to honor god, or to find work they love, or... whatever.

And one internalizes these things as the "meaning" or point of life. But these are all manmade. They have nothing to do with it.

That is not to say one should, by necessity, avoid these things or put no stock in these things, but rather that one should realize they are all extra. They're part of the game of life, and in the end are empty.

Only then can one live freely, truly free from the shackles that bind our self-absorbed minds. Then, if you have a family, or a job you love, or whatever - great! So be it. You have these things.

But if you do not have these things... - great! You are not bound to these things. You still have life to live.

And when you life is over... - great! You fear nothing, want nothing, suffer nothing, want for nothing. You are emptiness. Without care or worry. You are just the starstuff you came from.

Is that really so bad? So stressful? Of course not. Let it go.
>>
>>555587005
I deal with it.
>>
Once I had a near death experience because of a heavy dose of shrooms. Although there was only a black void of nothing It felt so peaceful, liberating even. It made the experience of life so valuable that i feel eternal life would be cumbersome, a devestating routine, especially if you have to make up for every mistake you made. Also, the feeling of losing everyone I love through a 'next life' was really making me sad.

But whatever waits for us, as long as I can die peacefully, I'm ok with the idea of death. This is what frightens me more, not that I die but how I will die. I don't want to die through a disaster, crisis or accident but I also can't accept the fate that you see among many of our elders. Why is it that we try to prolong their suffering whilst putting them away into a coffin of isolation we call elderly homes?
>>
>>555587005
I live life with a fuck it mentality, I'll die with a fuck it mentality.
>>
>>555587005
You want to know how it feels to be dead?
Think of how you felt before you were born.
I don't know about you, but when I try to think back to a point where I hadn't even been born yet, I get a good feeling.
I am looking forward to that ever-lasting peacefulness again...
>>
i care more about dying than being dead so who knows.. if i ever get so old that i start suffering like having problem breathing and stuff i guess ill shoot myself instead of suffer
>>
>>555587005
Well I try not to over think death, as it is a waste of your time where you are alive. Idk I have just excepted that everyone eventually dies and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
>>
>>555590196
>near death
>shrooms

Kek, did you choke on them or something?
>>
Death is only a release from one's responsibilities. to quote Faora: A good death is its own reward.
>>
>>555587005
i'm an atheist, so i don't believe in any afterlife.
i try to grasp the idea of compelete nothingness, but it's kind of hard to grasp. i mean i guess it's like before you were born...you can't remember anything before you were born because you didn't exist. so i guess it's probably like that.
>>
Everyone gets a lifetime, man. Any more and we would hate it. Don't worry about dying. We all die someday. Worry about doing something worthwhile before you die.
>>
File: yoda.jpg (59 KB, 798x604) Image search: [Google]
yoda.jpg
59 KB, 798x604
There is no death.
>>
Life would be boring if you were immortal. You would be so sure of not actually having to do anything to survive, it would seem like doing anything at all would be pointless. True nihilism, if you will.

The fear of death is what makes life interesting.
>>
File: 9ac5.jpg (12 KB, 239x258) Image search: [Google]
9ac5.jpg
12 KB, 239x258
>>555590381
THIS
>don't exist for ~15 billion years
>exist for ~80 years
>don't exist ever again
imokwiththis.jpg
>>
I don't really care. It's gonna be the same like it was before I was born, for billions of years.
>>
I dedicated my life to research because of my fear of dying. I realized, though, that I will die and even if I manage to do like the turritopsis, at some point, I will have to die, whether it's in 70 years, or 700 billion years, I will die.

not a happy thought, and I understand how hard it is to accept for some of us. I frankly admire those who can face it with aplomb

The real question is: how much do you detest the idea of dying? enough to live healthy? enough to get an education in science and contribute to the science of longevity?
most people only care enough to cry about it a little and don't care enough to do anything about it... so there.

I really hate it and in my work, I study C. elegans development and we've discovered a few interesting mechanisms that could reduce deterioration, but in order to stop aging altogether seems nearly impossible... but at least in a few decades, we will understand more about how to reduce deterioration.

Will we know how to stop death? eventually we will... but I probably won't be around to see it, unless I freeze myself. I plan to.

each of us handles it in our own way... I applaud those who embrace their own mortality, but I find it disturbing that they would decry my own efforts as a waste of time... to each his own.
>>
>>555589723
I agree with this. But I also think whilst living is a curse it is also a privilege.
>>
Just stop thinking that your life is meaningful or important in any way. It's not. All things end. Such is the nature of life.
>>
>>555587005
I don't, when that shit comes, it comes. Self-Invoked or not, I know I am going die some day, and I have no idea what's going to come afterwards. I believe in Jesus and that he died for our sins, but I'm not going to let the bible or anything of that nature dictate a single action of mine
>>
>>555587005
honestly the idea of nothing sounds best. i mean we were nothing before we were born and we didn't suffer. but I'm a true believer in God and I do fear the afterlife because I don't want there to be one. when I die, I want to be dead. I want to be like I was before I was born.
>>
By watching stuf like this on yt:http://youtu.be/9KnrdaEeK5Y
>>
I think that medical tech will reverse aging long before I would die. I don't think I'll die.
>>
>>555587005
death scares me. A lot. Time goes by so fast, I know I'll blink and suddenly 20 years will ahve gone by. I don't want to die. ever
>>
I dunno. I try to wrap my head around creation first. Whether you believe in deities or entities, or just a collection of events occurring to create life as it is today, it ALL had to have something from before. And before. And before even that. You get the idea. So that kind of cycle freaks me out then soothes me shortly after. I realize if it's all cyclical, no matter what's out there for us, it'll come around again. I might lose my body, but I wonder if my being ever truly burns out. That makes me feel better.

But who knows? Others are comforted by the exact opposite. I have a friend that tells me the thought of endless space (and beings in an endless space) and endless dimensions freak him out way more than just being gone and asleep forever.

But yeah, my personal belief and how I ease into death, is that it isn't final. That there is some dimension out there for me, or even a reincarnation somewhere down the line in this same level of space but on another world or much later on this one, etc.
>>
File: 1365754895383.gif (326 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
1365754895383.gif
326 KB, 500x269
I'm only bummed out that I can't stick around to see and experience all the advances we make.

Kind of sucks knowing i'm gonna miss it all. I read a quote somewhere, but I can't exactly recall it. Something along the lines of "We were born too late to explore the Earth, and too early to explore the universe."

Hopefully reincarnation is a thing.
>>
By watching stuf like this on yt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KnrdaEeK5Y&feature=youtu.be
>>
File: buddy_christ.png (249 KB, 505x368) Image search: [Google]
buddy_christ.png
249 KB, 505x368
I can just re-spawn.
>>
Life is a terminal disease, and the moment which gives us life begins to take it away.
>>
>>555587005
I might never die, and if I do, there is afterlife.
And if there wasn't, nothing would change.
>>
http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/scientists-claim-that-quantum-theory-proves-consciousness-moves-to-another-universe-at-death/

i don't fear death, i fear losing people to death or hurting people i love when i do die.

what frustrates me is people always need an answer to everything.
WE DON'T KNOW. why do you have to pretend you're better than people?

whether you're atheist or religious, you're trying to grasp something that no human being will understand. the only difference is, religious people are dumber than atheists.
>>
>>555588312
I'm in the exact same boat. Down to being very depressed and anxious this passed week. I spent Fourth of July watching Movies on Demand and baking blueberry muffins. I have no aspirations whatsoever.

Unemployed 23 year old gay bird living at home with mom, dad, and sister (lesbian)?
>>
>>555587005
technological singularity is before us.
we will be able to store our consciousness in computers, maybe develop some kind of higher consciousness alltogether.

i try not to think about my end but of all the things that might happen until then.
>>
>>555587005
this has been ruining me recently, i hate the thought of not existing, but then again would i want to live forever? thats a long time, just gotta enjoy it, when you realise how mortal you are everything stops seeming so important
>>
>>555587005
I look at death positively.
If nobody died then how would anything really be special?
Its pretty awesome that we are living and shit.
Our mortality is what makes us testers in a universal experiment.
It makes me smile, i feel joy when the end of the world scenarios are broached.
Embrace death anon, give it a fucking bear hug than cop a feel.

Make it have conceptual sex with you in the mercenary position for the soul porpoise of reconciliation
>>
How was it for you not being alive before you were born? because im guessing its going to be a lot like that.
>>
File: NfWJPJDcbQE.jpg (42 KB, 500x468) Image search: [Google]
NfWJPJDcbQE.jpg
42 KB, 500x468
>>555587005
I would go into eternal oblivion after i die. But i can assume on some facts that religions are probably relatively relevant, so the hell probably exists and the idea of me going into the hell, because the god gave us the will to choose fucking pisses me off. I didn't choose to be born, i didn't choose to live that life of misery that i live. I fucking hate the world, i fucking hate the god, i fucking hate the god's rules, i fucking hate the all the world's pain. And i fucking hate the idea of hell. Fuck fuck fuck, i am so pissed off.
>>
>>555587005

You fight it the best you can. Donate to SENS foundation. Even small amounts quickly sum up to finance very motivated grad students.

Other than that who cares :). Don't believe in religious stuff. They diminish your existence even before death and are all basically death cults.
>>
To me, I always look forward to the future. I always want some type of excitement. I want something that isn't normal or this. I never said this before but I'm looking forward death. Not suicidal or anything. Just the concept of this place. Where do we go? (suspend religion) really where do go? In 100 years people living this earth are going to be dead. Where are they going. WHAT
>>
>>555591746
VERY mature.
>>
File: quote.jpg (81 KB, 460x631) Image search: [Google]
quote.jpg
81 KB, 460x631
>>555591108
>>
>>555587005
It has motivated me to sculpt myself into physical and mental perfection and pursue the task of achieving biological immortality.
>>
>>555591746
The idea of hell is the only reason why I haven't killed myself.
>>
Leaves, some the wind scatters on the ground-
So is the race of men. Marcus Aurelius
>>
File: 1240393095655.jpg (78 KB, 639x595) Image search: [Google]
1240393095655.jpg
78 KB, 639x595
>>555591947
Pretty much this. Feels extremely bad.
>>
Traveling a lot helped me.
>>
>>555591947
>born after slavery/poverty
>born before apocalypse where we HAVE to find a new planet to live

i like our situation now :)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1CddzgVW14
this is highly relevant
>>
File: 17.jpg (140 KB, 720x627) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
140 KB, 720x627
>>
>>555590014
I agree with most of your observations but am wtill intrigued by those who even have no religious predispositions or participation in such beliefs who are also intrigued by the "meaning" of life. Perhaps it is as you state... we are in essence Darwinian inhabitors who simply are advanced enough to entertain such ideas even if irrelevant. Thanks for your insights.
>>
>>555590651
Nah, just too many on an empty stomach. It was more of an experience than an actual thing as I was passing out due the combination of low sugar and tripping balls
>>
>>555592058
LOL
>>
>>555587005
I'm an ISTP.
I don't think about tomorrow or death. I only think about what's immediately surrounding me at every given moment. When death comes, I won't think about what to do or what I've planned out in my mind, I'll just go wherever the journey continues, if it does continue, or I'll cease to exist. That's it.
>>
It's scary to think that everyone on this earth has a different face.
>>
>>555591108
In our time right now, the deep ocean is the next adventure.
>>
I don't care. But it makes me think why people still act as stupid as they do. To inconceivable levels.
>>
kill a few hookers and forget about it.
>>
>>555587005

The Many Worlds interpretation does sound very plausible if that makes you feel happier. Also, maybe the Universe is cyclical.
>>
>>555592465
get yur keirsey shit outta here
>INTP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_aOIA-vyBo
>>
>>555587005
I think about it all the time too. The days and weeks seem to go faster and faster. I have been archiving old family photos and go through years in days. I see everyone I know or knew get old before my eyes and then they don't appear in photos anymore. The inevitability of death makes me look in sadness at all those around me who I love and who will one day be gone. I believe death is the absolute end and would need to die and see something after to have it proved to me otherwise.
>>
File: 8aa4.jpg (15 KB, 397x477) Image search: [Google]
8aa4.jpg
15 KB, 397x477
>>555592701
>Thinks the universe is giant bicycle
>>
File: elliotrogers.jpg (42 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
elliotrogers.jpg
42 KB, 636x358
>>555592940
love nobody
>no loss
love only yourself
>not there to feel your loss
win/win

get with the program scrub
do you even lift?
I bet your k/d is below 1.0
scrub
>Although I cant disprove your solipsism, you should explore alternative ways of looking at death. Sure it may be an end to consciousness, but the matter which made you you still resides. And with it, maybe another life? A scientific way of looking at reincarnation. Still, its your decision what to make of the universe and our existance either way.
>>
>>555592343
Thanks, puts everything into perspective!
>>
>>555593985

>scientific way of looking at reincarnation

Yeah. Ok.
>>
>>555592701
Not OP but I used to get comfort from the cyclical universe theory as it sounded plausible however I realised then that some people would therefore be cursed to have miserable existences forever.
>>
File: lifedeath.gif (479 KB, 447x321) Image search: [Google]
lifedeath.gif
479 KB, 447x321
>>555593328
maybe he's referring to the big bounce theory, which suggests after the death of the universe, it will rebang into an endless cycle of life and death, expansion and contraction
>>
>>555587005
You get over it and live your life. Betch.
>>
>>555594515

disproven.

The universe is exponentially expanding, each molecule will spread further and further apart forever.
>>
Death is forever.
Wrap your mind around the forever part.
>>
>>555592940
you sound like me man, I've been battling anxiety, mainly hypochondria and a big part of recovering was basically accepting death, can't help but look at everyone like you do.
>>
>>555593985
I wish I had such control of my mind and feelings but I don't. I truly thing being sad about the inevitably of non-existence to be a waste of energy - why care about something you can't change? I take some small comfort in the circle of life thing, but not much.
>>
So you think everything ends when you die.

Keep on dreaming,

the ride never ends
>>
>>555587005
I plan to never die.

I have a theory that you have to accept death in order to die. Some people are just tired of life or pain. Others die soon after their significant other. Many more are sick or injured and give in the the suffering.

I believe that all of these 110+ year-old people simply had the mental strength to not accept death.

I have resolved that no matter how much pain I am in, I will still not accept death. Maybe I will take a trip to Mexico and be murdered. I'll be the first living head because I won't give up.
>>
>>555594975
Dumb fuck
>>
the idea of death was always an uncomfortable concept for me...the idea of not existing in this world anymore was frightening. but...i had a kid. that changed my life, and my view. now, my life is about my kid. ive learned that im not just me...im also my descendants. if i raise my kid well and he leads a good life....i can die happy knowing part of me goes on in him.

it sounds cliche as all hell....but becoming a parent is really an incredibly life altering event that will probably change a lot of your perspectives when you get there
>>
>>555594756
It just happened to me a few years back, I used to be happy-go-lucky and never think about it, but when I turned around 30 and perhaps coincidental to the death of my grandmother and pet dog, it struck me like a nagging feeling I could never quite get rid of, even when I'm experiencing a moment of great happiness. It's a sadness that tinges everything. I think a lot of people must feel it and I feel sorry for other humans much more than I did as a result.
>>
I just hope that when I die, there'll be someone there waiting for me, arms wide open and lets me cry on their shoulder for one last time, telling me that I tried my best to not hurt anyone.That I wasn't one to cause sadness...
>>
>>555595246

Faggot
>>
Well that's why people are religious OP. Becasue they are scared of this fact.
>>
I workout, I run, I play guitar, I write, it goes on until the end. Death is just the period at the end of a long sentence.
>>
>>555595101
At least I'll be living forever!
>>
>>555587005
I find it hard to imagine "Nothing" after death. Like eternal blackness and shit.
>>
>>555595341
>>
Okay, here is my thought, probably jibberish.

I am not afraid of death, no reason. If you die, you stop existing. What makes you dissolves.
If you do not die, life is not as good. Death is what makes it worthwhile. You know?

>>555595547
If you life forever everything becomes meaningless to you, you won't enjoy it if it never ends.

>>555595341
Also, agreed. He is a faggot.
>>
when im dead i wont know im dead because i dont exist anymore. the only thing that is a problem is that when i know imma die i cant watch any more shows, because dying before finishing a series is my biggest phobia
>>
File: ilove4chan.jpg (272 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
ilove4chan.jpg
272 KB, 1360x768
>>555587005
>>
>>555587005
As I see it, my nutrients return to the earth and I just become a part of nature. And one day my body will become a tree or something. Not literally the entire body ofc, just the nutrients still left. That way, I know that whatever I do in life, I will nourish and give life to a new generation.
>>
File: IMG_20140619_232946.jpg (86 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140619_232946.jpg
86 KB, 512x512
>>555587005
My biggest fear is that all my Steam friends won't know that I'm dead
>>
File: boner.png (2 MB, 1188x1121) Image search: [Google]
boner.png
2 MB, 1188x1121
>>
>>555587005
I don't think immortality is too infeasible. If people figure out how to recover people from cryopreservation, 'natural' death can be avoided by freezing yourself until a remedy is found. Then we'll have to deal with the expansion of the universe, but we have a lot of time.
I'm not particularly worried about dieing anymore. Not because it seems like an ok fate or anything, but I can't be proportionally worried about it the entire time, because that simply takes too much energy.
>>
It can't be helped.
>>
>>555587005
Since I'm hoping to get shot by someone in these days, death doesn't bother me too much. Only problem is that i'm a curious person so I always need to know how things end. So my only concern about being dead would be the impossibility to know what could happen in a livind future world. When I'm gone I will make my body burn to ashes and given to the Earth, this is the only idea of "immortality" I can relate to.
>>
File: DSC000787.jpg (181 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
DSC000787.jpg
181 KB, 960x720
Since most of we agree that there is nothing after dying and probably life is complete nonsense... We can also agree that the only reason to be alive is our own hedonism, a good life is the one with you have fun and enjoyment most of possible time.

Born poor for example is one of the worst things that can ever happen, since you have to slave your ass studying/working until you are 30 or so to start enjoying life a little bit.

At contrasts born cute and rich is great, you are truly free to do whatever you want from day zero.

Thats why i hate my poor-as-fuck parents, i would never ever bring a child to this stupid world without having a couple millions in my account.

Same goes for be a son of ugly-fucks, how can people be so cruel to bring a child to this world being an ugly couple (fat, weak, health problems, asymmetrical) ? Thats why we see in here thousands of threads per month of guys suffering with "TFW no girlfriend", "TFW being alone", etc. That people should kill their progenitors for being so ignorants and cruel to bring an ugly duck to this world.

In conclusion the only reason to live is your own enjoyment AKA hedonism
>>
>>555595951
lol

I always look at my friends on steam who haven't logged in for like 300+ days and wonder if they died. I'm sure someone would do the same for you
>>
I like to try to keep faith as much as I can, and believe that there is an afterlife to look forward to at least I suppose. Even of there isn't, I guess if obviously get used to it without any complaints, but I really do hope that there is at least something. The idea of death isn't very scary though, it could be reassuring to know that SOMETHING'S always going to happen to us all.
>>
>>555587005

I don't know, but oblivion scares me more than actually dying. For example, if I knew EXACTLY what was going to happen when I died, I wouldn't much care, because it is going to happen eventually. But its the thought that I have no freaking clue about what happens. Whether its just blackness, or there is an afterlife, or I just start over as part of a new family, a new world I don't know. But thankfully, I don't know, because its the only thing only FEAR keeping me from eating a bullet.

One of my only relatives left that gives a shit about me is fond of saying: When I die, I'll either face eternity, or I'll just stop functioning. But if its the latter (and I slip into nothingness, nonexistence), I'll neither know nor care.

That last sentence is the only thing that brings me solace. I hope it helps you too.
>>
>>555587005
I DONT GIVE A SHIT
>>
>>555589318
I found your words oddly assuring, actually. I didn't have any complaints before I was born, I suppose, if oblivion is the case
>>
>>555587005
>how do you deal with the fact that you're going to die someday?

It's going to happen sometime or another. I don't care, really.
>>
>>555589264
Experiences and knowledge already sounds like an ethereal collective, most of that is dumped long before you die anyway.

Do you not understand the concept of written language, do you not see how humankind benefits from that "ethereal collective" and have you have that little impact on other people that you you don't think your efforts have provided benefit?
>>
There's no certain way to know what comes after death so I just do what I want and hope for the best. I'm gonna die anyway and I can't control what happens after that so fuck it. Roll with the punches.
>>
>>555596360
tl;dr if there isn't an eternity, just...nothing..well I won't realize it. So it will be like completely wiping everything out. It'll basically be the same as having never been born. My existence will have never occurred. So its not death that scares me, its the abyss.

In fact, as a kid, and as someone who is at least spiritual if not religious, I used to get more scared at the thought of eternity in Heaven...like...what is forever? You mean I stay up there literally for-fucking EVER? My mind couldn't process it, still can't process it. What is forever?
>>
>>555587005
Meh. it's not like life is all that peachy. Maybe death will be better

>>555596360
Don't think of it as oblivion. Think of it as how things were before you were born. Remember that? No, because you didn't exist.
>>
>>555587005
I masturbate
>>
I'm not scared of dying, I'm really scared of my wife dying tho. Feeling all that heartbreak would be worse then nothingness, or heaven, or hell, or reincarnation...
>>
I used to think that reincarnation sounded completely fucking ridiculous, but I've started to think more and more about how it could be very well possible, you know? That'd be nice, depending on what happens in your next life.
>>
>>555596360
But don't you like the taste of something? I really like fresh raw milk. It's god to be alive to drink milk, and to experience other things. I think I would only want to die if I was in constant pain of some kind.
>>
>>555596872
The decomposition process is fairly well understood.
>>
>>555597004
The only reason I don't like the reincarnation idea is the population keeps going up so we're do all the extra souls come from? Then again where did our souls come from in the first place could be argued as well...hmm. interesting stuff.
>>
>>555596886
I used to think that was pretty scary too haha, like I can never leave. I'm not super religious, but I do like to think that there's a larger being out there and that there's an afterlife, but that this "God" doesn't meddle in how our lives on earth play out. I think he just sticks to his domain, and we stick to ours until our death.
>>
>>555596886
>What is forever?
Now
>>
I kind of hope the religious people are wrong because by their measure I'm spending eternity is agony in Hell.

I like to think that there will be sweet oblivion.

Either way we'll all find out sooner or later.
>>
>>555596990
I feel you man
>>
File: 1354096261663.jpg (688 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
1354096261663.jpg
688 KB, 1600x1600
>>555587005
I used to believe that as well.

Nowadays I believe that when our lives will end we'll be all going to hell, tormented for all eternity.
>>
File: 1403054795065.jpg (228 KB, 725x1044) Image search: [Google]
1403054795065.jpg
228 KB, 725x1044
Relish life now, it won't matter after it ends.

You have to make the effort to enjoy things, enjoyment isn't intrinsic to an action. Make the effort to enjoy a taste/sound/anus/feeling. Appreciation comes with practice, love must be learned. A new piece of music may not sound good until you are familiar with it, so don't dismiss things after trying them once.

Happiness is relative. Things seem good until you see something better, so try to only compare yourself/situation to worse. Schadenfreude is important, as is an occasional good deed. Don't expect to be happy for long after obtaining what you wanted. Even lottery winners and people that become crippled end up at an average level of well being after a few months, as humans are built to adapt to situations. It's the positive CHANGE that makes us happy, the sense of acquiring or progress. Always learning something new is a good way to sustain this feeling, as well as taking breaks from the things you love. We stop emotionally responding to things that we become accustomed to, and because this takes far longer with negative things we often stop noticing the good things in our lives while pain, irritation and disappointment is easily remembered. It's easy to focus on a single positive or negative aspect of a memory or an imagined future, ignoring the small details and idealising what we want or no longer have. Hence the grass always seems greener.

Idealising the past or future can make your current situation seem worse by comparison or lead to disappointment when you achieve what you wanted. Likewise, the anticipation of upcoming unpleasantness is often worse than the thing you were dreading. If you have to do something unpleasant, don't dwell on how awful it will be, just get it over with quickly without thought.

There is no value in life unless you give it value (or just adopt the values of others like most people do). Choose achievable goals and value what is abundant to you.
>>
File: 1402967290596.jpg (184 KB, 768x820) Image search: [Google]
1402967290596.jpg
184 KB, 768x820
>>555587005

Live, fucking live your life as you see fit.

Babby first existential crises, motherfucker I'm getting drunk at 4am with work in several hours and I'm loving every second of it. The human mind (especially yours) is easily impressionable outside of several small factors. The basics which are hunger sleep happiness and loneliness. If you fill those you can control your emotions to do whatever the fuck you want. You tell yourself you happy and you believe it. You tell yourself your shit and you'll live it. Simple as that.

I'm a confident motherfucker that for once in his life I love myself as much as I can try to love others. Maybe it's the vodka talking but hell I've been able to keep a job for a while now and even make friends doing it. Life is as bad as you make it, keep up a negative attitude and your life will reflect it.

You will die someday, your bones will be dust and eventually burnt up in the hot imploding sun will destory all before you get a chance to see it or change it. The society around you is a massive fucking lie built off of exploiting insecurities and self-loathing to perpetuate it's own existence. Fuck everything, call your grandma and tell her you love her, volunteer at a soup kitchen while drunk, fuck bitches or mansluts whatever you want, fuck the universe and take what you believe is yours. You have more control over this little sandbox than you give yourself credit for.

The only finish line is cardiac arrest, might as well have a hell of a time doing it.
>>
>>555597310
Stop that
>>
>>555598069
Now this is the kind of crazy happy-go-lucky logic that gets me out of the rut for a bit, thanks anon!
>>
>>555596906
But that's what scares the living shit out of me. I don't remember it. I don't want to shoot myself and effectively erase everything. I guess maybe I just want SOMETHING to happen?
>>
File: 4e34.jpg (15 KB, 348x400) Image search: [Google]
4e34.jpg
15 KB, 348x400
>>555598069
wisdom?
on my /b/?
>>
File: Ataraxia face.jpg (57 KB, 183x327) Image search: [Google]
Ataraxia face.jpg
57 KB, 183x327
Pic related.
>>
>>555598131
How?
In the now, there is no stop.
We have one speed, now go.
No source and no destination, there is only the journey.
All paths lead to Rome.
>>
>>555598313
If you're going to off yourself, don't do it doubting that anything will happen to you afterwards. That'll just scare you more. Anyways, if you're religious, then most people would say that you'd have Hell to look forward to, but sometimes He'll sounds better than nothingness, right?
>>
File: 1403518848762.jpg (9 KB, 300x198) Image search: [Google]
1403518848762.jpg
9 KB, 300x198
>>555590014

just wow. I´m a bit happier today thanks to you
>>
>>555598680
>my last two years in a nutshell
>>
>>555591947
Why wouldn't you be able to explore earth now, too?
>>
File: einstein.jpg (182 KB, 1124x901) Image search: [Google]
einstein.jpg
182 KB, 1124x901
We need to die for the future to flourish just as my ancestors died for me. The cycle of life must continue. We are born from our ancestors, we live for the world and we die for our descendants as we are born for this world and die for this world.

Whenever you die - you will return home. Home is either heaven, another dimension or your energy back to the Earth. Whatever happens we all return home.

Or for a real answer - it's simply a question you will not understand no matter how hard you try. We are still learning about the world. Essentially we only can see 5% of the world, we can't see dark energy or dark matter.

If you're having trouble sleeping try looking up Alan Watts or read Einstein's views on religion. It helped me lots.
>>
Looking forward
>>
File: 1404734224033.jpg (912 KB, 1264x2590) Image search: [Google]
1404734224033.jpg
912 KB, 1264x2590
>>555587005
this
>>
>>555587005
I had no fears of death until I took a medication that, among other things, had a side effect of bringing out a fear of death. I got over it after a motivational speech from my mother that I can't do justice, but it had to be something like "So what, you can't do anything about it. You won't be here so why worry".
>>
i used to be like that as a kid, but then i realized how inevitable it all was, how no one ever chose to be here either, and how shit life itself can get after a while, and now i look forward to the day i can end it my own time and by my own hand - hopefully.
i'd also recommend a good dmt or k-hole experience to help you come to terms with it all.
>>
>>555599242
what medicine?
>>
File: 1403861017844.png (3 MB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
1403861017844.png
3 MB, 1252x1252
>>555598306

Love yourself man, not to narcissism and ego-inflation but to the point where your happy about who you are. It's a fine fucking line but hell if it does't make all the difference in the world. Until then I believe in you guy, many people belive in you, keep on truckin.
>>
>>555598918
If there was something other than Neil Degrasse Tyson here to assure that there isn't an afterlife, I probably would've offed myself a whole back, personally. But a possibly stupid part of me still clings to Christianity, so I just can't go about as if that part of me simply isn't there, because what if there is an afterlife, and I just spent my small amount of years of life wasting it and doing whatever the fuck I want? And there isn't an afterlife, then at least I'll have plenty of time to not think about how much of a fag I was in life.
>>
>>555587005
Lol I don't care. You live, do shit, die, and it's lights out. That's it. Makes me think that life is more valuable and more willing to do crazy shit because, you know. Whatever. It was gunna happen anyways. Might as well go out having fun, doing something meaningful, or making a name for myself.
>>
File: th2.jpg (4 KB, 136x147) Image search: [Google]
th2.jpg
4 KB, 136x147
>>555599242
>motivational speech from my mother
>>
>>555599363
It was...cyproheptadine? I was on a combination of medications that were for pain, anti-biotic, anti-anxiety, but I believe that's the one that messed with me.

It also gave me a fear of being dizzy and being upside down that I have to this day.
>>
>>555599624
What, you've never had a heart to heart with a family member where they've helped you through a difficult moment? Sucks to be you.
>>
>>555599456
Thanks man, I appreciate it!
>>
>>555591947
>born after air conditioning
>born before mandatory conscription
feelsgoodman
>>
>>555587005
There's not a whole lot I can do about it, so why worry?
>>
life ens to nothingness and your awarnes is gone, not a big deal to me
>>
File: 1402115571380.gif (225 KB, 400x444) Image search: [Google]
1402115571380.gif
225 KB, 400x444
>>555587005
live your life like you're already dead. and also take distinct pleasure knowing that your molecules will be reused as food and surface material for many many many many many other things. Its going to be a long time until Cthulhu comes back.
>>
I hate the thought of not existing. Just suddenly one day I am no longer. I don't think heaven is real but it'd be super dandy if some sort of after life existed, unless its just filled with torture. Then it'd suck.
>>
>>555599229
That was fucking amazing. Any others like that? That was terrific.
>>
>>555599641
Sorry, it was Ciprofloxacin. I don't know the names of those stupid drugs.
>>
File: 1398061751665.gif (176 KB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
1398061751665.gif
176 KB, 267x199
gotta love the atheists saying there is no afterlife like they have died and know for sure .
pretty much "i know everything" complex with this guys .
no one know wtf happen after you die there so much possibility's is just insane i have think on this so much when i was younger .
consider this before 10 years 99% of the scienthis where loling at the idea of parallel universes now most of them agree on it .
. what happen after death is beyond your reach you cant do any thing about it just life your live that's what you can only do and follow your dreams
>>
File: faggot.jpg (10 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
10 KB, 400x400
>>555599741
Your gay

Go get a motivational speech
>>
Thanks to denial, I'm immortal
>>
>>555600297
Nice reaction images, how long have you been saving those to use them? You picked a perfect moment.

Did you make those yourself?
>>
>>555587005
I don't really fear death. When we die we will be dead for an eternity. An eternity is a very long time so a lot of things will happen during that time. At some point I'll probably be resurrected by some alien race and they'll work ship me, at some other point of time I'll be superman, another time the deodorant beside me will be a resurrected Josef Stalins buttplug.
That's how I look at death and the eternal time you will spend "dead".
>>
>>555587005

I realised this is the natural cycle for everything in this universe, death is just a part of existence.

I do not mind, I am at peace with the idea, but while I live I will try to make the most out of it and help humanity progress to a better future.
>>
>>555587005
Fuck my wife a lot. Had kids. Jump in the pool the minute i get back fromcwork. Read. Movies. Video fanes.
>>
>>555587005
I couldn't either. But then I did shitloads of drugs and came to terms with it.

You just have to realise that you don't fear death, you fear dying. The transition. If death is nothingness then there is nothing to fear. If death is... something, then that's just better.
>>
>>555600549
This
>>
>>555587759
that is bad thinking
you can't think that you won't exist because after you die, there is no you (as in I don't exist)
as long as you are alive, you exist, when you die, there is no you, so there is no void
TLDR: you exist the 100% of time. Or: there is no existance without you
>>
File: 1393951946446.png (115 KB, 300x227) Image search: [Google]
1393951946446.png
115 KB, 300x227
>>555600297

Some of the best times of my life was opening up to friends over coffee and pie early in the morning. Really try it sometime instead of being a tryhard "jaded and cynical" motherfucker.

Hell if I knew you I'd like to sit down, chat and know who you are. After all isn't that all you really wanted?
>>
File: buddha.jpg (606 KB, 2556x1767) Image search: [Google]
buddha.jpg
606 KB, 2556x1767
>>555587429
It's easy. Start thinking about it, start reading books. I recommend philosophy, buddhism, taoism rather than muslim or christian religion or anything that resembles a too-unbelievable fairly tale (Islam) or sounds like 1000 books mashed up together randomly (christianity).

After you have read enough, seen a few films and especially when you are "lucky" enough to have a few of your close relatives or friends die, you will learn to accept it. It is a long and painful process though ... and your acceptance of it is never permanent anyway (unless you've reached some kind of really balanced state of mind).
>>
I tell to myself I will dream my life all over again, and I will have no idea I'm dead...
I sometimes wonder if I'm not already dead and I'm just dreaming my life
>>
>>555587005
I deal with the inevitable by enjoying my time on this planet while I still can. But I would be doing that anyway, regardless of my demise or otherwise.

I like to think of it like this: I was not all butthurt before I was born (before I existed), why the fuck would I think I would be butthurt after I'm gone? Live life while you still can, and worry about death when you are dead.
>>
>>555594634
It's not been "disproven", you can't possibly disprove what could possibly happen AFTER our universe collapses on itself or rips apart.
>>
>>555599229
So I'm gonna be put in the brazen bull. That's just terrific.
>>
>>555600158
Found it on /b/ a few days ago Sorry about the long time for the responce
>>
Apathy nigga. I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>555600904
You're a faggot.

OP: You don't have to deal with it until it happens. Just like everything else in life.
>>
>>555600158
>>555602051
>>555602301
You all seemed intrested. What are your thoughts?
>>
File: 2006BF4796_jpg_l.jpg (72 KB, 768x584) Image search: [Google]
2006BF4796_jpg_l.jpg
72 KB, 768x584
>>555602496
>>
>>555602613
Is that god smithing people?
>>
File: shell-shocked-soldier.jpg (120 KB, 622x455) Image search: [Google]
shell-shocked-soldier.jpg
120 KB, 622x455
>>555587005
Sometimes I find myself laying on my bed at night, looking at the ceiling, and suddendly realize that I'm going to die.
And this scares the living [spoiler](lel pun)[/spoiler] shit out of me.
It's an incredibly scary idea, the fact that you're going to die, that you're goingto disappear forever, that each second that passes is never coming back
That you're going to die eventually, that you're going to disappear, and that there's nothing you can do about it.
And then I genuinly scream internally while saying "I DON'T WANT TO DIE"
But I know that it's useless, so somehow, I stop, but I know that my eyes have that 4000-yards stare.
>mfw
>>
>>555602574
>>>555600158
>>>555602051
>>>555602301
Andy Weir's - The Egg
>>
Eh, I'm not sure I'm totally over the fear of death. Perhaps I won't die.
>>
>>555602928
it looks like a giant Jesus getting struck by lightning
>>
>>555602928
>smithing
>>
>>555602928
An angel I think, terrifying isn't it?
>>
>>555603059
Gotta get that shit to 99
>>
>>555587005
I don't think about it
>>
>>555587005
for me it's the absence that is difficult.
For every thing to stop.
All you have done not done or repositions of those actions will be meaningless.

It won't even be black, trapped in your own mind.
It will be nil nothing the literal definition of oblivion.
you won't even know you are dead.

tough stuff.

in reality.
It is unavoidable.
simply put it aside.
>>
>>555603148
Anyway, to all concerned about dying and death I empathise with you. It's funny how it will (as far as I know) get us all in the end... no matter how rich or poor, bad or good.. as they say
>>
File: Sad-i-know-that-feel-clean-l.png (46 KB, 1500x1383) Image search: [Google]
Sad-i-know-that-feel-clean-l.png
46 KB, 1500x1383
>>555598505
A fellow philosopher? On my /b/?
>my nigga
>>
>>555588312
Try DMT or hallucinogenics
>>
>>555598919
because poor
>>
File: god damn.jpg (267 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
god damn.jpg
267 KB, 640x360
Everyone who has been alive knows what it's like to be dead because there was a period of time they didn't exist, death is simply the time before you weren't alive and to me i like the idea of it.
>>
>>555603527
This.
>>
>>555589164
I feel the use way anon. I think about death and the sillyness of our delusional goals while we live. but you got to live while you have the chance. experience everything. and when the time comes to die, embrace it. walk to it. don't fight it. whatever will be will be.
>>
Mark Twain says it best. “I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”
>>
File: 1404753553009.jpg (391 KB, 2000x1250) Image search: [Google]
1404753553009.jpg
391 KB, 2000x1250
Through years of suffering this lonesome path
And long slow days of hiding from her icy grasp
Outwardly I remain stable, solid, and lacking wrath
Due only unto the pitiful fact that I idly clasp
I crawl from Sol to Luna, from Luna to Sol
Innumerable times will the lumbering cycle pass
With a touch more of my once glorious soul gone
Each time, my essence shredded through shattered glass
I feel the cold deeper and deeper, not warmed by song
Nor drink, nor religion, not even the gregarious pull
That effects all on this earthly plane, both mortal and not
Each cycle drowns more of me like a once mighty hull
Riddled with pockmarks and chips that out the sun blot
As each hour I tax this mortal coil a bit more than I should
I know that the minutes will add up, the hours, days and years
Until nothing is left but the core as I entered this Terran mold
And there is nothing left to share upon my death but human tears
>>
>>555587005
The best way to deal with it is by giving life a finger and end it right now.
>>
>>555589345
I'm not op but you made me see. bigger picture . we are but a blip in time and this is a transitionary state. in the long run we will converge to something but that time is not yet
>>
>>555587005
pretty easy, we all die then we rot and eventually all trace of our existence disappears except for our offspring.

Can't do anything about it so no need to worry about it and just do what you want with the time you've got
>>
I know that it is inevitable and that I shouldn't worry about it, but I fear the idea of oblivion. I like being alive, knowing for sure that I can experience things
In death I do not know if that is possible.
I envy the pious, that they feel that they know what will come after death.
>>
>>555602150

It will never "collapse on itself", you retard. That's the point.

The universe is EXPANDING EXPONENTIALLY. It can NEVER "collapse". There is no fucking mechanism that can make it "collapse", you fucking moron.
>>
>>555589723
very well written anon

I feel the same way and could never express quite as well as you just did
>>
>>555591947

This.

PS:

>born just the right time for a european civil war against disgusting ocupator muslims
>>
File: 1398848156353.jpg (38 KB, 500x560) Image search: [Google]
1398848156353.jpg
38 KB, 500x560
>>555587005
Every night i fear death. Im agnostic so its a hope to a world that i dont really think is there.
But every night i go to sleep and have a slight panic attack.
It lets me see what kind of person i am at the moment? If i can say that. Because at the moment im scared, but i know im fixing to be this slut that goes into millions of other things.
Eventually I wont get scared; hopefully. Just need to live a life worth me being ok to die; and if not, fuck me right?
>>
>>555587005
when I die, the valkeries will take me to Valhalla, unless I die in an accident
>>
>>555604890

By "agnostic" you mean atheist, I'm assuming.

There is no such thing as just "agnostic". There are agnostic theists and agnostic atheists.

Either you believe there is a god or not. Unsure equals you don't actively belief. Don't care means you don't actively believe.

Gnostic = certain, agnostic = uncertain.

Theist means you actively believe there is a god, atheists means you do not actively believe there is a god.

Saying you're just agnostic is like someone asking "are you a white bike, a black bike, a white human, or a black human?"

And you answering "I'm a white".

A white what.
>>
File: 32.png (24 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
32.png
24 KB, 236x236
>>555605347
agnostic is a thing you fidora wearing readdit tumblr fagot.
How about you get your summer fag self to google and learn a bit before you make yourself look bad.
And no its a sense i havent been proven a "God" then there isnt one. but if there is proof then ok fine.
If you wanna go back to /x/ its fine with your alien shit and whatnot
>>
>>555605347
interesting. And what word is used to describe a person who neither believes or disbelieves in a god?
>>
There are two hopes for us (if you don't want to cease existing). Either we discover immortality (got high hopes with that one since medicine is advancing fast, even though the implications would be enormous), or the only thing that separates us from biological robots, the "I", goes on to live in some sense. I don't think we take our memories and personality with us in this scenario, since those are tied to our brain.
>>
>>555605785

No it isn't.

You're bad at words.

Gnostic/agnostic is a *qualifier* to a belief.

You're a fucking retard, he's a picture to help you understand, since words aren't your thing.

Agnostic atheist. You can't both believe and not believe, that's stupid. It's literally contradictory.

ANY answer that doesn't begin with "yes", is agnostic atheist.

I don't know, I don't care, no... whatever.
>>
i drink and sleep a lot
>>
File: king12.gif (1 MB, 570x342) Image search: [Google]
king12.gif
1 MB, 570x342
We're just not meant to live forever and there is no good spending your whole life thinking out it ...
i don't give a fuck ... i'm going to die someday ... meh
>>
>>555606263
>Agnostic atheist. You can't both believe and not believe, that's stupid. It's literally contradictory.
>ANY answer that doesn't begin with "yes", is agnostic atheist.
>I don't know, I don't care, no... whatever.

was in response to

>>555606062
>>
>>555606263
If you don't know, but are willing to entertain the thought, you both believe and don't believe at the same time.
>>
>>555605347
>don't actively belief
What a scholar.
>>
>>555606263
you have a picture made from MS word to help you out?
Holy shit guys Christ has risen.
And sorry your narrow minded logic is so bad.
But i can understand from your time having to google this bad attempt at your argument.
>>
>>555587005
I fucking want to die and can't wait for it, too much of a pussy to kill myself so I smoke and drink a lot in hope to get cancer but so far it didn't work, fuck my life..
>>
>>555606418

No you don't. "I believe and don't believe" is a fucking stone cold contradiction. It's nonsensical.

Jesus, why are words so hard for people.

You can't believe and not believe in something any more than you can square a fucking circle. This is *basic* logic.

!A cannot equal A. That's fucking basic.
>>
>>555606394
so your saying robots... yes?
>>
>>555606263
your diagram has no space for a person that neither believes nor disbelieves with no slant one way or the other. A person who believes the answer to the question is unknowable. If not agnostic, what word describes them?
>>
>>555591947
It's "We were born to late to explore the earth... And too early to explore the stars"

Some guy on /x/ was the first to say it in a similar thread about a year ago
>>
>>555587005
I'm not afraid of death. I'm afraid i'll have to see everything i know and love fade away.

It's the fear of getting older...
>>
>>555606914
how about if you save your daughter other then someone elses daughter from a fire? pretty much the same logic but on different standpoints. You know about one but not the other so you go after the one you know.
Well atm i dont KNOW if god is a thing but open to it because of pretty much all of life atm.
but im not going to shutdown science.
Your stupid ass argument is like a 10 year old wanting to be right that chicken is made from the ground.
4chan summer at its best.
Go back to tumblr faggot
>>
>>555606914
Because belief does not always apply directly and it is a false duality, its like asking if I am black or white, and getting mad when I say I am mulatto since everything just has to be either black or white to you.
>>
>>555607262
then die before that happens
>>
>>555603527
they really change something?
>>
If you make the most of this life, you wouldn't even give a fuck about dying.
>>
>>555587005
Why are there only two legs for two heads? Am I missing something here, besides legs?
Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.