[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A religious cult based upon Scientology has just sent me a cease
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: Page 1.jpg (361 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Page 1.jpg
361 KB, 1000x1333
A religious cult based upon Scientology has just sent me a cease and desist letter.

This cult sells magical cubes that allow people to access other dimensions for $20,000.

I'm going to share all 4 pages, including my own name because I fear for my personal safety.
>>
>>551715981

please continue.
>>
File: Page 2.jpg (435 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Page 2.jpg
435 KB, 1000x1333
>>
>>551716121

keep going.
>>
File: Page 3.jpg (436 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Page 3.jpg
436 KB, 1000x1333
>>
>>551715981
this could actually be interesting
>monitoring
>>
File: Page 4.jpg (253 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Page 4.jpg
253 KB, 1000x1333
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZefZjITRGOk
should be posted in a beta cringe thread. Man this guy seems beta as fuck.
>>
>>551716739
don't respond to it.
what makes you fear for your safety?
>>
>>551716739
lol they call that a signature?
>>
>>551716814

typical bald man syndrome
>>
>>551716887

It's a religious cult that his followers are willing to spend $70 on a bottle of pills and $20,000 on a magical cube.

They are willing to do anything for him.
>>
>>551716814
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZefZjITRGOk
Ha, this guy is the poster child of fedora wearer's everywhere.
>>
>>551715981
>multiple fake profiles
Alright what have you been up to?
>>
It's not libel if it's true.
>>
>>551717163
do they follow you around, visit you in surprising places like the stalkers in scientology?
>>
Fuck, look at that crackpot multi-dimensional fruitloopery

Here's his website

www higherbalance com
>>
Give us some background OP. Why screw with this guy like you did? What happened?
>>
Eric Pepin acquitted of sex charges

A Washington County Circuit judge called the leader of a metaphysical Internet sales company manipulative and controlling and his testimony unbelievable, even as he acquitted him Wednesday of charges that he had sex with an underage boy.

Judge Steven L. Price, after a five-day trial without a jury, found Eric James Pepin, 40, not guilty of two counts of second-degree sexual abuse, four counts of third-degree sexual abuse and one count of using a child in a display of sexually explicit conduct.

However, Price said it was "probable that the conduct alleged in all counts occurred," but he wasn't convinced beyond a reasonable doubt. "There's a lack of strong corroboration," such as a date-stamp on a videotape of the sexual encounter, the judge said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later in 2008

"Eric Pepin faced a civil lawsuit for sex-abuse charges in 2008, he settled the case for an undisclosed sum in August.

Also in 2008 Brooksby Kaempf filed suit against Pepin in Multnomah County Circuit Court seeking $61,138 in alleged unpaid legal fees.

Rather than pay the legal fee's, Eric Pepin filled for bankruptcy."

http://www.wweek.com/portland/blog-3193-beaverton_guru_eric_pepin_faces_allegations_of_unp.html
>>
Just looked into this too.

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267962

Sex charges on the guy as well. Oh this is comedy gold.
>>
The Core Higher Balance Teaching levels
http://www.higherbalance.com/products/
Should you wish to learn about The Higher Balance Institute method to enlightenment you will need to progress through seven cores levels.

Core 1 - Dimensional Conciousness - Full price - $413 Package Price - $289
Core 2 -The Secret Key - Full price - $711 Package Price - $497
Core 3 - Phoenix Rising - Full price - $990 Package Price - $693
Core 4 - Mind Mechanix- Full price - $1032 Package Price - $722
Core 5 - The Unknown Door - Full price - $1490 Package Price - $1043
Core 6 - The Navigator - Full price - $1183 Package Price - $828
Core 7 - Circle of Masters - Full price - $796 Package Price - $557
Total Full price - $6615 Total Package Price - - $4340
>>
>>551717410
>>551717463

Sexcharge mind
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 500x366
We should hive mind these fuckers
>>
Don'y do anything. Prosecuting you will only bring more attention to them and your messages, something they clearly don't want.
>>
>$20,000 magical cubes
>We understand you are a former customer

You're a retard OP. Have fun getting tortured by your fellow retards with their magic cubes.
>>
does the way of acquiring your personal information was legal? Without police action your personal data should be protected
>>
Eric Pepin Sues The Internet for $4.47 million dollars

http://www.sott.net/article/150512-Internet-Free-Speech-Under-Threat-Eric-Pepin-Higher-Balance-Institute-Sue-QFG-for-4-47-Million-Over-SOTT-Forum-Comments

He lost but that didn't stop Eric Pepin's lapdog Eric Robinson from explaining to his followers that when you lose you really win.
>>
Is it common in the UK for a cease letter to not be signed by an individual or have no reference information on it at all? I say its invalid. Corporations can't sign documents.
>>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Allegations of sexual grooming

Rijken says he came to Pepin with burning questions about the nature of good and evil. Pepin again took him to his bedroom, Rijken says, and described an ancient ritual that would allow Rijken to join Pepin’s inner circle and attain enlightenment in this lifetime. All he had to do, Rijken says, was masturbate in front of Pepin.

“He told me, ‘Never tell anyone what happens in this room.’ And he went on to say I should never get on his bad side,” Rijken says. “I felt very uncomfortable. I knew something was wrong.”

Rijken says he left immediately. When he returned the next day and said he didn’t want to join the inner circle, Pepin banished him, he says. No one else from Higher Balance would return his calls.

http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-10679-pepinrss_proteacutegeacute.html
The Magnetic Pill Scam

Previously the magnetic pill was named magneurol-6-s. Owned and operated by the Higher Balance Institute, it promised magical powers should you invest hundreds of dollars in their vitamin pill. On the release of Mangneurol-s6 they made wild and wacky claims that you can achieve spiritual enlightenment by swallowing their pills. The claims where soon reported and 'REMCURE ENTERPRISES, INC.' was shut down and replaced with 'REMCURE ENTERPRISES, LLC'.

This time around having learned their lesson. The fictional abilities the magical pill was able to produce became more realistic. By realistic they simply explained how each vitamin works and how it's beneficial for you. You can achieve the exact same result for a 1/5th of the cost by buying some multivitamin pills and some cod liver oil.
>>
>>551715981

If you stick to making digs at this guy, OP, only say stuff that's relative/your opinion (this guy is a jerk and a faggot and his product is for idiots), or stuff that is absolutely true. It looks like you might be making statements of fact that are provably false, in which case...expect to get sued.
>>
>>551717862

This stuff is bullshit but let's face it, we all know Timecube is the one true god.
>>
File: 1401471543790.jpg (14 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
1401471543790.jpg
14 KB, 375x500
>>
>>551715981
There are a host of defenses against the UK Defemation Act 2013, including Honest Opinion. All you have to do is honestly believe what you wrote to be truthful, and show that it's a reasonable assumption.

The cease and desist letter is clearly one to scare you. Write them back and reply that if they choose the course of judicial court, you will be forced to sue for losses and harassment from pain and suffering caused by distress. State that you believe you are within your rights to profess your opinion of what you believe to be true.

Although, impersonation for actual people is illegal, though assuming fictional aliases is not. Also, IP addresses are shared and recycled among people in your area, it wont hold up in court, so long as you have proper defense.
>>
>>551715981
real life companion cube? where 2 buy?
>>
>>551715981
>We understand that you are former customer of our client, having previously purchased books and courses.

why.jpg
>>
>>551718248

Also, whatever you do, don't respond to their letter in any way unless you talk to an attorney first. That part where they demand you give them a written account is basically them asking you to make their case for them.
>>
>>551715981
Yo want sum tachyons? 50 bucks for over-lightspeed energy nigga!
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
do the cubes look like this?
>>
>>551715981

Hello, these people can only afford to mail default template letters such as the one you received. They can't afford to pursue legal action (mostly because they know they will lose). Asking you to remove content hosted on servers not under the jurisdiction of the country writing the letter is laughable.
>>
>>551717521
This reminds me of that radio commercial in GTAV, where you pay higher and higher portions of money for levels of consciousness, only to be dupped out of a couple thousand in the end hahaha.
>>
>>551718540

Perfect advice, thank you.

>>551718540

Perfect thank you.
>>
>>551716590
Contacting your neighbours? How in the name of all fuck is that legal? He's going through some shady no win no fee place.

Also, you don't sue the internet.
>>
>>551718723
Because that commercial was parodying scientology and cults like it
>>
>>551718723
Don't be knocking my Epison. Kifflom Brother-Brother
>>
>>551718213
This. It's just a scare tactic.

Also,
>>551717861
Contact your service provider and ask if theyve given out any information, or if any requests have been made for your information. If not, it's just a scare tactic.

Anyway, write back and say you will sure for harassment and distress if the letters persist.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/higherbalance/videos
>comments enabled on some videos
How about we spread the truth?
>>
>>551718698
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htl3XWUhUOM&feature=kp
>>
Higher Balance Institute - Journey Member
http://higherbalancejourney.com/special-offer/

Once you realize that you'll need to spend thousands of dollars to reach enlightenment with the Higher Balance Institute system, you might start thinking it's one big scam created to part gullible people from their money. Don't worry though! Journey membership is here to help you manage your payments into easily monthly installments. The choice about what type of Navigator you will become comes down to three packages.

Nomad - $19 a month
Traveler - $79 a month
Ultimate Navigator - $249 a month

Obviously the Ultimate Navigator is the best class because unlike the other two, it involves Monthly Live Classes with the Master Eric Pepin. At $249 a month to spend an hour with the Master Eric Pepin, if that's not a bargain, then I don't know what is!

The EOS Project

'EOS project' was created as an at arms subsidiary of Higher Balance Institute. The aim of the EOS project is to bring in new members to them under the disguise of being a meditation community while distancing itself from Higher Balance Institute.

As the classes advance, the staff on the EOS project begin to push for members to take interest in Higher Balance Institute modules and books. The 'EOS Project' is a gateway into their parent company and the modules range from hundreds of dollars to thousands of dollars.

It is a fiendishly clever con but they are sheep in wolfs clothing and you are what is for dinner.
>>
> this whole thread

I'm dying, my sides are in orbit.
>>
Q: Is there anything else I should know?
A: Yes, Eric teaching an audience is quite the experience. Eric walking down a beach late at night with you, lying down in a field staring up at the stars while listening to thousands of tree frogs, gazing across a camp fire with a warm glow lighting his face as he ponders, or Eric taking you by the hand as you walk together. And, what else can be life changing? Him, looking you in the eyes and touching your face and saying, “Do you understand now?”

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

IT'S LIKE SOMETHING FROM OK CUPID!
>>
10/10 thread would read again
>>
Eric Pepin used to live in Granada Hills, CA. His home resided on a small 5,355 sq plot of land worth $1,527,000. Thank fully Eric only rented the property to the sum of $5,500 a month.

Eric is currently looking for a new home in Santa Rose, CA.?
>>
I just sent them a message on their site, saying we are anon. we are legion, etc

and that we request he cease intimidation and action against those exposing his ridiculous scams. Should be funny.
>>
File: bonsai.jpg (29 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
bonsai.jpg
29 KB, 288x216
>>551718718
>>
>>551715981
You live in Bolton, you should be safe. Any batshit american cultists looking for you there will just get mugged or sharia'd
>>
OP, did you even proxy when you went on your rampage?
>>
Counter-sue.
If that guy scammed a lawyer out of their legal fees by claiming bancrupcy NO lawyer in his right mind will help him sue you.
There is LOTS of potential in that letter.
Also "rewardclaims.co.uk" as legal support is kinda laughable.
>>
File: kek.png (72 KB, 793x862) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
72 KB, 793x862
Good work potato
>>
>>551719638
Yeah - you could say your holy religion of Islam does not recognise your authority and ask to throw down and see what happens.
>>
>>551719707

If I was to ever spread information, I would do it carefully. If they ever obtained my contact information. Then it's by my posts on amazon reviews about his books.

I posted negative reviews on Amazon.

ISP handed over my information to a cult.

Im getting a cease and desist.
>>
>>551719930
That Chris Black is one crazy nugguh.
>>
should prob raid his youtube video with comments of him being a child molester.
>>
>>551718774
thank you, I saw that and I was like "you can't sue the entire internet, that's fucking retarded"
>>
File: 11.jpg (46 KB, 404x720) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
46 KB, 404x720
>>551715981
Evolution isn't for everyone OP
>>
>>551720002
So what did you buy from them anon? What's your experience as a customer? Get sucked into the wormhole?
>>
>>551720216

Chris black isn't actually me. If i was to do stuff online it would be with a random name generator.
>>
>>551720241
Yes, good plan.

Also, I just sent them a message on their site, saying we are anon. we are legion, etc and that we request he cease intimidation and action against those exposing his ridiculous scams. Also, that this is their first and only warning. Should be funny.
>>
>>551720324

Read a book, bought a CD, went on their websites, spoke to their members.

It was a very unsafe environment where vulnerable member where being prayed upon by others.
>>
>>551720414

It says you were a previous customer. Were you? Are you an ex-cultist?

Also, monitoring this thread for potential lulz/justice
>>
>>551720002
First off, negative reviews of products are protected against honest opinion. There could be no reprecaution to negatively reviewing a product. Also, IP addresses dont matter, at all. They are recycled, and if not secured, anyone can use it. Just say "opps forgot to activate WEP".
>>
>>551715981
You said the guy is a child molester. Unless you have actual cause to believe this, you're fucked in court.
>>
File: 27.jpg (53 KB, 553x720) Image search: [Google]
27.jpg
53 KB, 553x720
>>551720002
I would sue Amazon.
They aren't law enforcement. Amazon giving them your personal information is HIGHLY ILLEGAL.

I've seen threads like this before.
Amazon (and your ISP) is only allowed to give your information to police is you break the law.
If you don't sue Amazon, you're autistic as these people
>>
>>551720568
You live in Bolton? You're not so far from me.

Keep us updated as this develops, /b/ro. I'm working towards dropping off the grid, for various reasons; if you're facing serious consequences just for spreading sourced, factual information, I'd gladly pursue these assholes using more physical means.
>>
>>551720843
I believe that he was charged with being a child molester, but got off on some sort of technicality - the judge certainly thought he was most likely guilty.

Also, spam the shit out of his youtube video with comments saying he is a child molester.
>>
>>551720843
Not necessarily, they have to prove it was him. An IP is defintely not enough to nail someone. Which is why millions of people get away with piracy.
>>
File: Capture.png (19 KB, 701x527) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
19 KB, 701x527
>>551715981
I really hat dip-shits like this, they turn geometry of hyperspaces into a stupid buzzword. These idiots wouldn't understand a vector space with more than 3 dimensions if it came up and bit them in the ass.

There's nothing special to it, it's just linear algebra. Yet they insist to clog it with their bullshit.
>>
>>551721087
hate*
>>
>>551720875
They're probably lying about the whole ISP thing you know...
>>
>>551715981
Chanology Chapter 2?
>>
>>551721043
Well then, OP is good to go. Spreading the truth is not against the law. We have freedom of speech.
>>
Spread the truth anon. Expose this fat bald faggot.
>>
>>551717306
I don't know much about UK laws, but in america almost everything the guy did would be legal
Especially if you insisted the the few comments you made that aren't pure opinion were simply lies that weren't mean to be taken seriously
But yeah fuck it dude just disappear
What's stopping you man
>>
>>551717306
that's a good point. They'd have to prove the statements were false in court I'd imagine. Tell them you are willing to talk if they will hire a mediator of your choosing and fly you out to discuss the matter. Hell might as well take them for all they're worth. If they refuse you could use that to you advantage if they did sue as you took action to try and resolve the issue but they were unwilling to. If they agree you acquiesce and take a vacation on their dime.
>>
>>551721269
This cult got his address somehow, didn't it?

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/publishing-personal-and-private-information

Here's a jumping off point
>>
>>551720875

Read the EULA - you have given them the right to do all sorts
>>
>>551720604

They sell their spiritual warez online. So I'm more of a follower who took part in their groups rather than a shaved head cult follower.

>>551721032

Well If I end up getting sued, you know my name and home town. Chris banks, bolton.
>>
Okay, this is what I sent to their 'contact' page:

We request that you cease and desist all intimidation and threats of legal action against those who are revealing the truth of your ridiculous scheme. Consider this your first and last warning.

We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.
>>
>>551721602

Hah, that should be good
>>
>>551721087
Totally agree.
If they enjoy their precious R3 so much, they should be banished on a Plane denoted by the normal 0.01,-0.075,0.99 so that their shit rolls from their table all the time and they have to bend over to pick that damn pen up AGAIN AND AGAIN.
>>
>>551721575
They knew him already since he bought their books. He probably complained to them in person and they guessed the online accounts were him too.
>>
>>551720875
If they were selling products, you can see the customers shipping addresses you know. That's utterly stupid. Also, ISP fag here for the last 10 years - I know how police requests work and this shit is shady - approach virgin (I'm guessing idiot OP sent them an email from mail software on his machine so they ran through the mail headers) and ask them about the police requests process and ISO stands for protecting customer data - what ISO they're up to and as to what requests were made against you.
>>
>>551715981
OP, just pick up a book on linear algebra if you have to go to court. If they claim you can get knowledge of how higher dimensions behave then you could do the following to disprove their claims:

>get a bunch of random people that believe in their product
>have them describe how hyperspaces behave in rigor
>use a textbook to disprove it

It's pretty simple.

>>551721767
Lol'd.
>>
You need to watch this video.

http://rutube.ru/video/972bcbacb3649afb747ff574948b7812/
>>
>threatening legal action
>claimed bankruptcy to squirm out of paying legal fees
Yea, no. Some fucking secretary probably wrote that letter, nobody with half a brain would give these guys any form of legal assistance.
>>
>>551721087
+1
>>
>>551715981
Thank you OP
You made me laugh today
I am truly on a higher plane of existence than the niggers who are giving you trouble

>I am euphoric

No seriously though
Fuck that guy
>>
>>551716590
>>551716646
you have a case here OP. In law it is not defamation (as he actually states in the letter) if you truly believe your claims to be true. As long as you were being serious and not just trolling for your own amusement he has no legal basis for this. Furthermore the reason for sending this letter and not just surprising you with legal action is that he hopes to scare you into doing this for him, when he has no legal way of making it happen.

It may be impossible to convince people you truly believe him to be a child molester

Either way you need to begin preparing for a lengthy court battle. Get a damn good lawyer
>>
>>551721585
If their giving out information led to him being assaulted or sumsuch, no EULA would protect them.
>>
File: 1396474056603.png (246 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1396474056603.png
246 KB, 1920x1080
>>551721586
>>
>>551721602
How many boxxies did you use?
>>
the /pol thread wasn't good enough for you?
>>
There's always supper happy fun time - take it to the press. I hate the Daily Mail but going to them with the story going "I'm being harassed by a cult operating in the UK" and they'll go mental to find you page space
>>
>>551721952
AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
someone needs to post this all over his youtube channel
>>
fuck me, i was trying to get my hands on some DMT when i first stumbled upon these fucks - that's the stuff they use to induce visions in participants... these people are dangerous if you let them near, they can however be easily impressed - dear eric, if you're still wondering where that package full of (bad) cocaine came from that ended up being picked up by customs in your post, search no more.(silkroad is your friend against such fucks)
>>
>>551721585
No Agreement, n matter the length allows them to share personal information outside of cooperating with law enforcement.
YOU read the EULA of anything
>>
>>551722410

Sharing is caring.
>>
>>551716739
Take a look at this OP: http://www.sott.net/article/150512-Internet-Free-Speech-Under-Threat-Eric-Pepin-Higher-Balance-Institute-Sue-QFG-for-4-47-Million-Over-SOTT-Forum-Comments you may find it interesting
>>
http://www.higherbalance.com/contact-us/

I know we're not supposed to be a personal army, but I'm gonna contact them. I urge anons to join us.
>>
>>551715981
>Reknowned

stopped there OP, sorry but if you can't beat a bunch of hosers what don't know how to spell renowned.... you are in a pickle
>>
>>551715981
>uk

And not a single fluff was fluffin that fluff.
>>
>>551717813
He may have just bought books and other things to do his own research from the source.
>>
>>551722684

The letter is from a uk lawyer i presume.

The cult is in America.
>>
File: Autism factory.jpg (75 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Autism factory.jpg
75 KB, 600x800
>>551721602
Jesus Christ.
Go play dress up with your mask from preteen megastore Hot Topic, and have a camp out on Wall Street because you don't understand debt.
The adults are talking.

PS: You didn't occupy shit
>>
That being said beware of these fucks, they loom on all drug-related fora, they have ways of sweettalking younger people that are very elaborate and they seem to inoculate unsuspecting people with DMT in various fasions to get their way - i'd adocate retaiation, whatever the op's stupidity level might be for buying their bull
>>
raid time?
>>
>>551722783
Woah, it wasn't intended to be serious. I just thought it would be amusing to see their reaction.
>>
>>551720002
ooooho who got the get
>>571720000
>>
OP you need to talk to a lawyer and have him draft up a counter response stating that any further communications from the organization will be deemed harassment and that they are causing you personal anguish. Let them know that if they continue to harass you that you will be forced to file suit for damages.

They'll leave you alone after that.
>>
>>551722273
Just a couple.
>>
>>551722932
hmm, weird. I know 00 is the only subs you can get

also, captcha: true ungSUES
it's a sign OP
>>
this reminds me of project chanology
>>
red time
>>
>>551723115
We should start a new chanology thing but at these guys. but we can't, because /b/ is shit now
>>
>>551721971
also this

no lawyers are going to help this guy ever again
>>
>>551720002
What ISP do u have
>>
>>551722457

You know that little check-box about "sharing information with 3rd parties"? Did you check it, or not? Does checking it mean they will share or won't?

And does a letter for information from a solicitor/lawyer just get ignored, or responded to?

And was it Amazon that gave them the into? And can it be proven in court? Responding to a letter from a legal firm could be seen as expediting a legal challenge to many, so I'm not counting it out.

I'm not saying its legal or illegal, or right or wrong, but the monkey earning peanuts who opens the letter/email could just hand over that info.
>>
>>551723197
get the summer fags to do it. They are edgy murphy.
>>
>>551723364

Virgin media.
>>
>>551723364
read the fucking letter, its virgin media
>>
>>551723364
>Virgin Media
nigga did you even read the letter?
>>
>>551717410
lmao at judge timestamp or gtfo
>>
Ok everyone
send pizzas spam write bad reviews DDOS
etc.
>>
File: Capture.png (5 KB, 216x173) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
5 KB, 216x173
>>
>>551717521
even the website is faked from apple xD
we should report this to apple
>>
>>551723524
ok let me just fire up the pizza buyer and botnet machine and aim it at...
...?
>>
>>551723712
>>551723537
http://www.higherbalance.com/
>>
>>551723524
you forgot boxes
>>
This is Eric's explanation of our reality.

http://rutube.ru/video/53e3dc14955d9fe6c51c3640aa5139b7/
>>
File: Amazon.jpg (163 KB, 1314x416) Image search: [Google]
Amazon.jpg
163 KB, 1314x416
>>551723197
You weren't part of the original chanology. Although it made the news, those couple hours their websites were down did nothing.

>>551723392
An ISP is only allowed to give your personal information to police for an investigation. Amazon can only do the same, WHEN SOMEBODY IS BREAKING THE LAW. They can share accounts, especially when somebody doesn't pay or send something they sold.
But your home address?
Nope.
>>
>>551715981
>fears for personal safety
>posts name and address on 4chan
>>
>>551723712
see>>551723537
>>
>>551715981

OP: As others have said, this isn't a legal letter, it's more of a threatening request.

Do nothing - they can't even prove you received that letter unless you signed for it (Registered Post).
>>
>>551720568
Fuck, well if they think they got you then legally they have something or they wouldn't send a threat. Be careful but get some fucking hard evidence of people being prayed upon and such. Otherwise this complete disgusting fuck may take you to court and win unfortunately.
>>
>>551723958
>

If anything happens to me. The information is out there and people will know who is responsible.
>>
>>551723958
>I don't understand how this works
>>
>>551724075

What? No, this is completely false. The letter isn't based on law, and it hasn't come from a lawyer. It's come from "Reward Claims" who operate out of a fucking hotmail account.
>>
>>551718718
>>551718718
EXACTLY what I was thinking.
>>
"We hope that what began as just a whisper on the wind grows and becomes an energizing, life-giving storm of change sweeping across the globe."
>>
>>551723958
>implying this guy is the fucking problem here
Even if some cunt did decide to start harassing him then the media would make a big deal out of it and he could just blame it on the scientology people.
Win-win
>>
>>551721763

>anons engage
>Chris banks goes to court
>anons engagement is brought to trial with Chris banks vs pepin
>pepin forced to concede he is also being attacked by anonymous
>chris banks claims he was hacked by anonymous and they used magic cube dimensional technology to frame him
>confusion ensues
>chris banks is found innocent
>pepin sues the Internet again
>fails miserably
>pepin jimmies status becomes interdimensionally russled
>lolz
>justice
>wins
>>
>>551722765
>Lawyer

Nah, it's a thing we have here. FALLEN DOWN A HOLE?! SUE SOMEBODY, ANYBODY, WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHO, WE GET A PERCENTAGE!
>>
>>551721545

>They'd have to prove the statements were false in court I'd imagine.

no that's not how UK law works with libel

the person making the claims has to establish the fact that they are true claims

so OP has to prove Eric is a child molester, in court
>>
>>551723712
Pizzas and empty boxes (to a company that ships things)

Oh no! Their lives are ruined, you did it anonymous! You did it Legion! You're clearly under 14, aren't you?
>>
hahahah holy shit, this guy also sells PSYCHIC-PILLS, FOR 79$ A BOTTLE YOU CAN BECOME A PSYCHIC

im gunna fuckin die and my spagetti is going to be everywhere
>>
Op, if you fancy lawyering up then I believe I speak on behalf of all of us when I say we'd be more than happy to help finance the case.
>>
>>551716739
we went on the internet and copied this letter and changed parts it told us to change to your name. We have no legal recourse, you have 7 days

Squiggly line,
Rewards department

seems real professional
>>
>>551722069

> In law it is not defamation (as he actually states in the letter) if you truly believe your claims to be true

nope. lrn2Englishlaw
>>
>>551724525

Suing for libel is expensive - it costs £50k to raise a case in the courts here. The company appears to be broke. It's unlikely they'll do anything more than send this letter - which I doubt was sent as registered mail even - and was written by a company operating out of a hotmail account
>>
>>551723956

ISPs are well known for giving out names and addresses from an IP, after recieving a letter from media company lawyers accusing that IP of illegally downloading. In those cases they gave out the info.

In this case, that IP address is being accused of defamation (illegal under UK law) and appear to have given out the name and address.

It can happen, and does happen. And all before the police/courts are officially involved.

Again, I'm not saying its right, but it DOES happen.
>>
OP - Legalfag here.
This letter is utter rubbish, obvious scare tactic. The company that have sent you the letter will send a letter to anyone saying anything so long as the threatening party is paying. They include no reference, therefore you cannot respond correctly. They cannot contact family/neighbours/anyone other than yourself.
I suggest keeping the letter in a safe place. You may receive another letter that will be very similar to this one but trust me, they are powerless.
>>
>>551724425
I can confirm this. I don't live in the UK, but I've watched some British ads on MTV. My god, insurance related shit is fucking popular
>>
As a general point to all the amerifags commenting, English law is MUCH stricter with libel than in America where you have much more of a free reign to say what you want about people. don't expect the English law situation to be the same as the US situation
>>
>>551724525
not exactly, he only has to establish either that they are true, or that he believes them to be true, and had reason to believe that, which he does
>>
They don't have a leg to stand on.
>It's a standard letter
>With standard threats
>A time scale that is unreasonable if they believed in they stood a chance in a court.

Also check out the legal company they've used
"Reward Claims"
http://www.rewardclaims.co.uk/services-for-business/

They don't even have a finished website and they focus on "Personal Injury". A reputable firm would be named after the partners, not some vague wishy-washy nonsense. Odds are they are very, very cheap.
>>
File: MadChildren.jpg (79 KB, 565x986) Image search: [Google]
MadChildren.jpg
79 KB, 565x986
>>551724739
Which is BREAKING THE LAW. Libel is a civil matter, and not big enough to involve police.
See
>>551723956
There's Amazon's privacy policy
>>
They spelt renowned wrong...
>>
>>551716121
>spelt reknowned wrong
lol
>>
>>551724932

he has reason to believe Eric is a child molester, and he can prove that he has such reason? yeah right
>>
>>551717410
>send them letter back
>I believe my wife, Brooksby Kaempf has different ideas on how to handle this now that Mr Pepin is no longer bankrupt and can afford a legal battle once again.
>>
>>551724769

Thanks, that's what everybody seems to be saying.

Check this video out of Eric Pepin discussing his love of money.
>>
>>551718995
do everything here but the last thing. just ignore them you obviously scared someone enough for them to call the retards "reward claims," which doesn't even bother to fake being a law firm. if they file something get a lawyer but until then feel free to spout anything you know to be true.
>>
>>551724932

That's not true in UK law.
>>
File: yOioq.jpg (271 KB, 1024x679) Image search: [Google]
yOioq.jpg
271 KB, 1024x679
>>551723537
I wonder if they have battletoads?
>>
>>551724954

It was also breaking the law when they gave info put based on ALLEGED downloading.

But they still did it.
>>
you should let /b/ write your response to them.
>>
>>551724660
you lrn2English law

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation_Act_2013

Honest opinion is a defense as long as they cannot prove that you don't actually hold the opinion
>>
>>551725241

It's not against the law to give out subscriber information - Virgin Media's TOS probably explicitly allows it to happen.
>>
>>551725149
>>551724932
thats not even a good summary of american law.
quit being a shit on /b and go back to bar study dude. the test is coming up!

source: i passed it.
>>
Lol Checked the Website for "reward claims" don't even offer libel services listed on the website.
>>
>>551725335

Tell that to this stupid fag >>551724954
>>
>>551725336
English law you moron, this is in Englad
>>
If anybody is cunt enough to buy this crock of shit then they deserve to be ripped off.
>>
>>551725330

"Honest opinion" is extremely fluffy and hasn't been tested in court. The company could easily demonstrate serious financial loss.

If it ends up in court (which it won't for reasons I've stated earlier in this thread), OP has already lost, due to the cost of defence.

But, because the company is broke as fuck, it's not going to court, so we're not going to see the Act tested sadly.
>>
>>551725468
weeeeeeeeey ladsontour
>>
>>551725149
yes it is

>>
>>551725408

Anons call reward claims
Ask if pepin is a client for libel
See if pepin made a fake letter from reward claims

>reward claims sues pepin

Or ask for battletoads
>>
>>551725550
it may be fluffy, but it also puts the burden of proof on the company to prove that he doesn't believe those things to be true, which is impossible
>>
>>551725592

See slightly above. If OP has to try and defend this in court using "honest opinion", he will both lose and be in the shit for court/lawyer fees. Best to avoid getting to court in the first place.
>>
>>551725550
>If it ends up in court (which it won't for reasons I've stated earlier in this thread), OP has already lost, due to the cost of defense.

Or you could do this (>>551721905) in a definitive way to prove fraud.
>>
>>551725468
> moron
> Englad

well i don't know much about "englad" but if he were to be sued by a good lawyer it would be under american law.
the alleged "harm" was felt in america. his target is an american company and he intentionally caused the harm to that american company with the knowledge that its effect and harm would be felt in america
>>
I'd never heard of the organization or Eric Pepin before this thread. I just bought Ignighting the Sixth Sense for the lulz.

I like seeing "conmen" make it big. It gives me hope for future success on similar scale.

Ultimately everything is worth what the buyer will pay.
>>
>>551725723

Interesting point. IIRC though, they don't have to prequalify the case to drag OP in to court. They may lose, but they'll still cost OP the defence costs which aren't often reimbursed in libel cases.
>>
File: ericpepinpedo.png (116 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
ericpepinpedo.png
116 KB, 240x232
#ericpepinpedo
>>
>>551725808
but the actions took place in England, so he is not subject to American law, regardless of where the company is based
>>
>>551724739

ISP fag here once more. I can't go into specifics but let me tell you how it works.

1) Police go - "Hi we believe this is a problem or whatever, we need information based on (scale of urgency)."

2) I'm not even going to touch upon security clearance shit about people who handle this, but you can expect its high up

3) EVERYTHING is recorded, EVERYTHING is documented, EVERY-FUCKING-THING. An ISP will NOT give out customer details to a 3rd party even in the case of copyright infringement because it must have a legal request before it that's been through the cops or the courts. No other way. No tin foil theories, there's no secret deal with Miramax/WB or whoever to see who is downloading what.

What you're implying is that someone contacted Virgin who ponied up the information without this and that's as serious as it gets. Virgin would be hauled over the coals to a level you cannot possibly comprehend. Euro law gets brought up, and a shit storm would be so huge people would lose jobs when you're looking at Security and Compliance. That is what you're implying.

This whole thing is shady (as if it wasn't obvious) and I think OP really needs to talk to Virgin and say the magic phrases:

1) "I want to know who requested this information and in accordance to policies it must be written against my account so I want to know when and who by"
2) "I wish to escalate this to a manager" (as soon as you say escalate they have to hand over and if not, state you want a written explanation as to why "for your records"
3) Get every time and date and person behind the request in writing

And then the real fun begins.
>>
>>551725768

Hahaha, I'd love to see that happen, but there's no way I can suggest OP should continue poking this particular nest of wasps

>>551725986

popcorn.gif
>>
File: 1363394151252.jpg (26 KB, 445x601) Image search: [Google]
1363394151252.jpg
26 KB, 445x601
It's amazing how people believe bald-face assertions as though they were fact.
>>
>>551725335
That has what to do with OPs home address?
>you guys are confusing a name and email address with the real world.
>>
>>551715981
hello gristle mcthornbody
>>
>>551725869
That's why you immediately threaten to counter sue for harassment and damages from personal distress. OP you need to say that being harassed has turned you into a porn loving pervert and you can no longer go an hour without masturbating to bestiality porn because of it.
>>
>>551726071

I'll defer to >>551725986 on that.
>>
>Goes to his Youtube Channel
>Reports for Hateful or Abusive Content
>Clicks, Abusing Vulnerable Individuals
>>
>>551715981
Just another example of faggy England suing people over what they say because of no free speech. Feels good to live in a 1st world country that has 3 points in the world cup.
>>
>>551716590
UK law. LOL britbong.
>>
>>551724236
Well you see how legal bullshit can put the shits up a skim-reading caffeine addict like myself. There's plenty better advice than this here, I thought maybe it might get trolled and I hate people manipulating others to part with their money for bullshit like Scientology. Especially when there are nice people giving away courses like this all over the net for FREE! magick.me for example.
>>
>>551725986
Thank you.
These kids-jesus, being raised by video games has made them all so, so, stupid
>>
>>551726038
>but there's no way I can suggest OP should continue poking this particular nest of wasps
I understand what you mean from a rational point of view. But as a mathematician I think they rightly deserve downfall.
>>
>>551726184

Absolutely. You can even do that via small claims. But I imagine any UK entity the company has would be an assetless shell - good luck getting the funds, even with baliffs
>>
>>551724096
You could get the rape/murder from a random person, and they could just want to rape you and blame it on the cult, stoopid, y u so stupid?
>>
>>551725986
>?

Detailed post. Thank you.
>>
Posted some stuff on their contact page. Let's do something real.
Only I haz no l33t skills
Advise?
>>
>>551725986
This 100%
Just forget about it and move on OP. There is no case to be answered here.
>>
>>551725936
that looks like crap
>>
File: rewardclaims.png (21 KB, 839x712) Image search: [Google]
rewardclaims.png
21 KB, 839x712
OK OP,

Lets look at his lawyers
>See attached
So an American employs a sole trader with a 2-year web domain to act on his behalf in an international libel trial?
>idon'tthinksotim.jpg

One question OP. Did you actually do the stuff the lawyer claims? And who did you tell? Could they have derived you were the one from comments you made to members or on their website?
>scambuster with aa419, scamwarners and 419eater.com here
>>
>>551722069
its only not defamation if they are true, or if he can convince a jury that they are true in some way.
>>
>>551726156

cough cough cough...

dont know what you mean... cough cough cough
>>
>>551715981
Good job OP, this takes me back to the scientology days.
>>
>>551726480
Ha. Sole trader = gg. No way they will take you to court for anything.
>>
>>551726242
You obviously didn't read his post.
ISPs WON'T give out personal information unless it comes from police looking into a criminal matter.
Everybody KNOWS this-you think you're trolling.
This isn't what trolling is.
>>
>>551716590
lel 'seven days'
>>
>>551726534
i will post this link for the third fucking time

all you have to show is that you believed them to be true

In fact all you have to do is say that, and they have to prove you didn't believe it

>>
>>551722457
this does raise another idea

>keep doing it
>phone call
>what letter? i never got a letter. whot he fuck are you?
>start over

works for collections, figure itd have the same effect here where they have to re-notify you before anything else.
>>
>>551726747

...I posted before him. I was wrong - hence why I'm deferring to him. Not trolling. Calm your nips.

Also:

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/guy-bailey/1a/2ab/160

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/reward-litigation
>>
>>551722765
i dont even think it was from a lawyer, its from "Reward Claims" like he hired some shitty credit card rewards department to send out an offical looking letter. Plus the signature is a single line. Nah, this is not legit.
>>
>>551726817
Ask them if they mean seven days as in seven days or seven days as in seven days as portrayed in the Bible, i.e. billions of years.
>>
So the Rewards Litigation guy has history of being a crook. Interesting

http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/solicitor-check/160674.article
http://www.solicitorsjournal.com/news/regulation/complaints/solicitor-who-ignored-leo-fined-contempt
http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/downloads/documents/press_releases/0913-Lawyer-found-in-contempt.pdf
>>
>>551715981
>sells magical cubes that allow people to access other dimensions for $20,000
How can someone be smart enough to have accrued $20,000 and yet stupid enough to spend it on magic cubes? Do these people solely target people who have trust funds or won the lottery?
Who makes up their client base?
>>
>>551726480
This is a police matter OP. String them up.
>>
>>551727173
Nice find.
>>
>>551726480
(cont)

Off the "lawyer's" website
Reward Claims
PERSONAL INJURY

We are compensation specialists with many years of experience in dealing with personal injury claims. Our dedicated personal injury lawyersexperts have dealt with claims ranging from minor whiplash injuries to injuries of the utmost severity and have a depth of knowledge across our range of services.

>So, not even lawyers, then
>>
we can always spam http://www.higherbalance.com/contact-us/
>>
>>551721952
>http://rutube.ru/video/972bcbacb3649afb747ff574948b7812/

what in the actual fuck did I just watch
>>
what has happened to you /b/........
>>
>>551727173
Oh this gets better and better! OP, you still here? You should be capping all of this and presenting it to the police and the media.
>>
>>551725948

dawg: Calder v. Jones
>>
>>551727173
based upon ^this, OP should just go to the police with the letter and complain aoout harassment and whatnot, just to be sure to be left in peace.
>>
>>551727510
better:
do we have anything to raid??
>>
>>551723454
>>551723457
I have the same ISP and I'm fucking mad - they're only allowed to hand your IP to the police. Complain and threaten to sue. The UK is pretty strict about these things, do tell that Erwin pedo americunt to go fuck himself
>>
File: Milla Jovovich - Chaplin_4.jpg (101 KB, 1280x688) Image search: [Google]
Milla Jovovich - Chaplin_4.jpg
101 KB, 1280x688
>>551726856
What should be done...

Don't send pizzas, or boxes, or Qurans-you guys have to stop thinking like 12 year olds. Those tactics do nothing, and you all look like asperger-meisters for suggesting it.

I am a writer.
I've done this before on 4chan:
I can provide a link to insider email addresses of ALL national TV, radio and newspapers in the US.
Then, you use these email addresses, talk about his scam, and his babyraping in your emails.
Story goes national (Bin Cat; The Romanian puppy killer-me) and he is defamed, loses followers and money
>>
>>551727651
well, i would think so, it's pretty obvious where to start
>>
>>551727651
http://www.higherbalance.com/contact-us/
This is a start, also their youtube video
>>
>>551727215
>implying money equates to intelligence
>implying money sates the desire for spiritual discovery

Sounding pretty American there
>>
>>551727173

Nice find.
>>
>>551715981

You live about a 5 minute walk from me
>>
>>551727621

The SRA might like to know that this "intervention"-ed guy is still practicing pseudo-law in this way, too - since they banned him.

I don't know the ins and outs of that well enough, but the SRA site appears to be a "Stop your shit" order.
>>
>>551727621
The police will do fuck all. They won't get involved in something that has no legal standing. Nor will the media.
>>
File: oink.png (52 KB, 606x539) Image search: [Google]
oink.png
52 KB, 606x539
Will they sue every one of the youtube comments flooding their video right now?
>>
>>551727173
i like your style
>>
>>551727510

I'm here. This is great stuff thank you.
>>
>>551727738
> can provide names
Please provide names
>>
>>551727859
>>551727861
OP will show up on the record along with his complaint, as stupid as it might be, that's all that needs to be achieved here
>>
>>551727976
before you take this to the media, go and talk to an actual lawyer, to be 100% certain they have no grounds

Then go to the Mail, they'd love this shit
>>
>ITT: We all get Cease & Desist orders for posting on his YouTube page.
>>
>>551725078
holy shit
>>
>>551728209
TOP KEK
and also THAT
>>
Further to the previous:

http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/ombudsman-decision-data/ombudsman-decision-data.aspx#

Search "REWARD" on this page. The company has a history of harassment without legal grounds.

Media might be interested. Not sure.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.