[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys think the Undertaker should go out? Ideally,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: Taker.jpg (478 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Taker.jpg
478 KB, 1600x1200
How do you guys think the Undertaker should go out? Ideally, it would've been against whoever broke the streak, but they already fucked that up. So how about this:
>Undertaker loses his last match at Wrestlelmania against whoever.
>After the pin, which is done in the traditional Undertaker hands over the chest way, he lies motionless in the ring, never opening his eyes.
>Opponent's music plays and he celebrates and leaves the ring.
>Silence for a few seconds. Suddenly, all the lights go out.
>Kane walks out with a single lit torch.
>Makes his way down to the ring, gets inside and stands above his "deceased" brother.
>A bright white light shines down from the top of the ramp and the druids start filing down to the ring, accompanied either by just the bell tolling.
>They carry the Undertaker's body out of the ring on their shoulders and back up the ramp into the light, Kane following behind the procession.
>As they pass through the light, Kane stands alone on the ramp, his back to the crowd.
>The bell tolls again and the white light disappears, leaving Kane with the just the torch for light.
>The bell tolls a final time and Kane's torch is extinguished.
>Darkness follows for a few more seconds. The lights come back up and Kane is gone.

I'd mark for that.
>>
You've thought about this for awhile haven't you?
>>
>>876874
It's been time for the old man to hang up his hat for awhile now, so yes. I've had plenty of time to think up something for his exit.
>>
>>876810
Sounds fine. Who should retire him? I think he should go at this Mania because he can barely work any more.

I like the idea of continuing the retirement series of Flair -> HBK -> Taker of legends retiring each other. The Rock as a heel would be the best option if they can get him to wrestle, I don't see any other options desu. HHH has wrestled Taker enough times at Mania already and Jericho is too much of a jobber to believably beat him. Kane is too slow and crap in the ring now, a match between them would be awful, and Sting is dead. Any other active "legends"?
>>
File: 1419704497876.gif (460 KB, 352x240) Image search: [Google]
1419704497876.gif
460 KB, 352x240
>>877254
The Rock won't be at wrestlemania, he's busy filming a movie apparently.

I say push new talent and fuck off with the part timer bullshit, debut Finn Balor on RAW and build up a rivalry with him and taker and make it his final match at Wrestlemania.

Give Taker the win, retirement, the end.

Major push for new talent, a winning retirement match for Taker.

Win-win in my opinion, Finn is white hot right now in NXT.

More than ever WWE has to push new talent this year with so many of the main card injured, why not start with Finn and Taker at Wrestlemania?
>>
>>877277
Rock's already confirmed he will be at Mania, but it'll most likely be just a talking role due to the movie.
>>
>>877277

Finn has already got Bullet club to be his angle for getting called up, a la the shield

If you're looking for a major push for new talent, you're better off with Kevin Owens. There's probably just enough time for him to feud with and beat Kane before feuding with taker, maybe have Taker avenge an ambush on Kane.

He could even develop a tinge for the "supernatural" powers along the way to add a layer to his character. Not full blown fire coming out of the ring posts, but when he gets all mad and starts spitting up with that crazy look in his eye maybe he's got a bit of power in him.

Plus it feels like that's been teased non-stop anyway
>>
>>877287
>>877277
How about AJ Styles? Dude's already pretty old for a wrestler, WWE are spending big money on him by all reports, why not bring him in with a bang?
>>
>>876810
Have him job to Josh the Yeti
>>
>>877298

I'm the KO guy, my thought is that you have to have a believable reason as to why they would fight, and KO is already established as a guy who will fight dirty and ambush your shit and is a "prize fighter" who character'wise would want the notoriety of retiring Taker, just like he still constantly mentions beating Cena in his debut (even tho fucking Del Rio did it on his 'return debut' which totally pisses me off). I dont disagree that putting a guy like Styles in a high profile WM match early in his WWE stint would be a bad move, it's a great shot in the arm, but it would suffer from a storytelling standpoint if nobody knows who the hell Taker is fighting.
>>
>>877310
I guess it depends what kind of reaction he gets. There's every chance after he shows (probably at the Rumble) the crowd will be hot for him since many of them will have heard of him but never actually seen him wrestle, and because they're so fucking bored of everyone else on the roster right now. In which case, they'd probably get behind a match with Taker. On the other hand the crowd could be as dead for Styles & co as they are for everyone else.
>>
>>877320

The issue with debuts is they need to be impactful from a storytelling perspective for fans to really appreciate them. Zayn put on a badass match against Cena in his RAW debut and it was fun to watch, but he lost and so no one talks about it(I'll concede the injury didn't help). KO beat him, and people immediately had to take notice.

If Styles comes in and beats, say, Ambrose clean day one then he would have some credibility, but it still feels like April 3 is coming too fast to get him on a WM card at all, let alone in a main event-type match.
>>
>>876810
He should have retired after Brock beat him. Seriously there is nothing left for him. Guess he could get a title shot at Mania, and win. Then retire the next night on Raw and thank the fans.
>>
>>876810
THEY HAD ONE FUCKING JOB
ONE
FUCKING
JOB
>>
>>877405

Could still happen with Sting going into the HOF? Or is Sting permaded now?
>>
>>877405
Sting blew that by wasting his last decade in TNA.
>>
>>877287
>KO going spooky.

No pls.
>>
Have him challenge the entire roster to try bury him alive (that or a casket match) so that he goes out looking legendary, no one really looks weak because it's the fucking Undertaker and when he finally gets overwhelmed there is massive feels as he slowly sinks down and accepts it's his end.
>>
>>876810
I like this idea. It's cheesy but it just fits.
>>
>>877905
Same, I like OPs idea with a mix of
>>877277
this guy's idea, a big push for Finn, Taker beats him, and wrap things up with OPs ending.

Would be a great match.
>>
>>877405

I even watched wrestling in the 90's and I never understood Sting vs. The Undertaker. By the time he became THE CROW, The Undertake starting doing that stupid Ministry shit, and near the end of WCW it was Biker Taker.
>>
>>877405
This match would've only been good in the Invasion angle, if Sting actually came to WWF then.
>>
>>877526
>Taker smashing jobbers until bbygurl sooperman punches him or Lazer finishes what he started at WM 30

Oh yeah, that sounds great.
>>
>>877526
>no one really looks weak because it's the fucking Undertaker

Did you miss his Wyatts feud earlier this year?
>>
>>876810

I thought of something similar.

>Undertaker loses
>oppenent's music suddenly stops
>lights go out
>lights comeback on and the urn is in The Undertaker's place
>Kane comes out and picks up the urn
>angrily stares at opponent and walks back
>opponent looking on in bewilderment
>>
>>878163
It would've been cool at Wrestlemania X8
>>
Dont know why but these long, overly-detailed greentext scenarios always make me cringe, especially when you leave out more important details like "against whoever". It's like the way middle schoolers fantasise about wrestling, only ever the theatrical parts.
>>
>>879663
>middle schoolers

So your average /wwe/ shitter
>>
i agree with OP, just put him against bray and have the rest of the wyatts gang attack him for the finish, then the whole procession with kane sounds good. That way they can put bray over as the new paranormal guy legit
>>
>>880098
> Undertaker not putting over the new guy clean

FUCK that
>>
>>879663
Remember, it's drama for man, it isn't sports and it certainly isn't entertainment either, just cheap theatrical drama.
>>
Against Roman Reigns, and Taker beats him convincingly, in the main event of Wrestlemania 32.

Roman deserves to be Undertaker's last ever opponent, considering he's the most prominent person in the company.

As for how to go about with it? I'd have Taker's gong and darkness distract Reigns in the Royal Rumble match, leading to someone eliminating Reigns from the match. In the weeks leading up to Wrestlemania, we see a number of video packages from The Undertaker, in each one he looks back on his career, to all of his greatest memories, and also mentions the fact that he's never beaten Roman Reigns. The video packages finally end with "either by your hand or on my two feet, Wrestlemania 32 will be my last ride and I will Rest In Peace"
>>
When: Obviously, this has to be Wrestlemania. The home of the streak. There were times when the sole reason we looked forward to Wrestlemania was to see the Phenom again.

The Match: As much as a gimmick match like Casket match would be a nice touch, it would be a weired way to end his career. Taker has to go on a 3 count. It's the classical way. We want to be able to count it. A Hell in a Cell match would be great though.

The opponent: Like I said above, I want this to be a big deal. When Taker's career is over, someone else's career should fly up from the remains of his greatness. The one most deserving of this (and often hinted by the WWE) is Roman Reigns. It makes the most sense. He should be the WWE's next pirnce of darkness and the ideal candidate to carry on the legacy of the Undertaker.

The How: Obviously, this has to be a solid 1 on 1 match. No Authority. No Shield. Roman has to look genuine in this and he should stand up to Taker 1 on 1 and face the phenom. Storyline should ensure this. He doesn't have to be a face or heel. Fans will cheer for both of them either way.

The match should be filled with near falls and counters. It should feature all of Taker's calassic moves and multiple tombstones. Don't forget the rope walk.

Wild, violent and chaotic and ultimately should end with Reigns hitting the Spear for the 3 count. It could perhaps intensified in terms of drama by a beat up taker holding on to a beat up bloody Reigns and asking him to "Finish it!" much like HBK to Taker.

Roman wins the respect of the fans and Taker and a new era of darkness begins in the WWE. Taker's spirit can now peacefully rest knowing that his legacy is in the right hands now.

Now stand with me and utter those words one more time for Taker:

REST... IN... PEACE!!!

Undertaker*clap*clap*clap clap calp*Undertaker*clap*clap*clap clap clap*
>>
>>880201
No matter how much Vince forces Reigns down people's throat, nobody will buy him as a guy on Undertaker's level
>>
>>880202
>Roman wins the respect of the fans

Now THIS is some fantasy
>>
The Undertaker comes out on the first RAW of 2016 (the January 4th, 2016 episode). Undertaker says that there are three months left of his career, he says that for the last twenty five years he has been a locker room leader, a pioneer of WrestleMania and other things. Undertaker says that at WrestleMania 32 he will have his final match of his legendary career.

From there Undertaker comes out at the Royal Rumble PPV (not to open the show like Adam from What Culture did, but before the Royal Rumble Main Event). Undertaker would wrestle Rusev in a dream match because that match needs to happen before it's to late, Undertaker would win with a Tombstone Piledriver, after the match Undertaker says that he knows who he wants to face at WrestleMania 32 and they are in the Royal Rumble Match tonight. The Royal Rumble match takes place and Roman Reigns is in the final four alongside Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler and someone else.

Then the gong sounds and the lights go out, the loud speakers play Undertaker saying "You're the one Roman". Reigns is surprised before Ziggler tosses him over and out of the ring to eliminate him. Then the next night on RAW Roman comes out saying "Thank you Undertaker for letting me be your opponent, I would be honoured". Then Undertaker comes out and says that he wants to face the next top superstar of this generation at WrestleMania 32.
>>
>>880207
Then they do the Stone Cold Podcast with The Undertaker, Undertaker speaks in his Undertaker voice although he is saying things out that are out of character for ex "Yeah backstage in 1995 it was a weird environment" or stuff like that. The ending to the interview would see Roman Reigns pop up on the screen (the one they have in the background of the podcast), he would say that at Fast Lane they will have the Contract Signing for their WrestleMania 32 match.

At WWE Fast Lane 2016 they would do the contract signing which would be a huge brawl, Undertaker would slam Roman's head on the ring post before rolling him back into the ring and chokeslamming threw the table as well as hitting him with a Tombstone Piledriver before signing the contract and walking out.

In the Monday Night RAW's following this Roman Reigns would win all of his matches (like he always does), against guys like Kane, Sheamus and other guys. He would then cut a promo about how much thus match at WrestleMania 32 means to him. The go home RAW would see Undertaker and Roman Reigns have a heated verbal battle that would lead to a heated staredown which would be the image in the promos for the week leading up to WrestleMania 32.
>>
>>880209
At WrestleMania 32 the match comes around and it is an intense war, back and forth battle that sees both guys give it absolutely everything over 25 minutes. Roman Reigns would hit two Superman Punches only for Taker to kick out a 2, Taker would hit chokeslams and Tombstones for 2 counts. Then the ending would be the same as god booked it with a leaping Tombstone Piledriver as a counter to the AA for the 1...2...3 to defeat Roman Reigns and cap of an incredible career with one last moment.

After the match Undertaker and Reigns would shake hands, Undertaker would do his urn pose because that is an iconic image no matter how many times he does it. Undertaker would then do the slow walk up the long WrestleMania 32 ramp. The commentary team (with Jim Ross) would really be rubbing in that this is a moment that will live forever in WrestleMania history.

The next night on RAW Undertaker would have his Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels like retirement ceremony with tears shed and Undertaker talking in a regular voice as he thanks everyone who has given him the opportunity to make the gimmick work.
>>
File: sonoshemalestrokers37.jpg (96 KB, 646x404) Image search: [Google]
sonoshemalestrokers37.jpg
96 KB, 646x404
>>880202
>Taker's last match ends with a spear

No
>>
>>880213
I think Reigns getting Undertaker's retirement match is the latest ebin shitter meme
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.