[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, a bunch of us med students got hospital positions for class.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 22_Cement-693720.jpg (47 KB, 642x361) Image search: [Google]
22_Cement-693720.jpg
47 KB, 642x361
So, a bunch of us med students got hospital positions for class. On lunch we all sit together and recently 3 of them are always talking about RAW on Tuesdays. When I was a kid I LOVED NWO and Attitude Era and ar some point I stopped watching.

Is it worth getting into again? I hear them talking all the time about how everything is shit now and how Vince keeps pushing The Rock's cousin or something. I did watch the video of the Dudley's returning, that was pretty cool.
>>
>>872125
It has its moments, but they are few and far between. Not worth it imotbh. Just watch clips of the cool shit online
>>
>>872132
What's so bad about it? Could you explain or give short Cliff Notes? I remember reading last year that the Royal Rumble was maybe the worst ever.
>>
The PG Era and the Wellness Program killed WWE. Everyone and everything got nerfed.
>>
RAW: The Roman Reigns show

WWE's handpicked next top face of the company based on his looks but has horrible mic skills and plain boring
>>
>>872159
OP here, just looked up Roman Reigns. I assume this Rock's cousin the guy Vince is pushing hard. Also, I just saw a video of his mic skills. He's like fucking Psycho Sid mic skill tier. It's real bad.

Did WWF do anything after they bought WCW?
>>
>>872163
Not by choice
>>
>>872163
Sycho Sid was goat

18+
>>
>>872125
The WWE right now has one of the most stacked rosters from a purely wrestling standpoint. They've been gutting indie promotions left and right of some of the most talented wrestlers of this generation. From a purely wrestling standpoint, modern WWE is miles above the Attitude Era roster. The problem though is the product as a whole is boring as shit. The writers are shit. The booking is shit. Even those wrestlers I mentioned that are pretty much godlike in the ring are only mediocre to bad on the mic/entertainment side of things. Also, don't listen to the WWEcucks that are undoubtedly going to show up and try to >outlaw wrestling meme me to death.
>>
>>872125
Triple H is slowly killing the company
>>
>>872156
Programs that were implemented in the late 2000s caused WWE to start sucking in the early 2000s?

18+
>>
>>872177
Oh, this'll be good. Explain.
>>
>>872174
No he wasn't he couldn't even finish reading any of his promos.
>>
>>872175
>Even those wrestlers I mentioned that are pretty much godlike in the ring are only mediocre to bad on the mic/entertainment side of things.

There's plenty of great "entertainers" on the WWE roster, but you'll never get to see that on RAW
>>
>>872184
He's ascended into a legitimate corporate roll in the company. When Vince dies, he and Steph will have free reign to do whatever they want. Also, it's debatable if Triple H taking over will be bad. He's doing alright with his pet projects in NXT.
>>
>>872219
That doesn't explain how he's "slowly killing" the company

> roll
>>
>>872180

They made it suck harder.

>18+

I watched my first WWF programs via satellite when I was a kid in the 80ies - early 90ies, but being in Scandinavia, the access to the shows was really irregular and unreliable.

Some time after 2000 WWE programs were shown more, at least for a while. I remember the Evolution and HHH being really prominent, but the final WWE events I recall seeing were the deaths of Benoit and Guerrero.

After that, some 5 years went by without me watching WWE at all, until some time 2012-2013 I started watching it again. And in my opinion, the drop in the quality of WWE was much more noticeable then than back in 2000-ish. It was obvious that WWE had turned its product far more politically correct and many times downright into a children's show.
>>
>>872223
>a guy who never finished high school put in charge of a billion dollar company
Also he has shit ideas. Daniel Bryan is probably the most over wrestler at the time. Instead of having him win the rumble, Triple H thought it would be a good idea to get his returning buddy Batista to win it instead and main event WrestleMania to cross promote his whole Guardians of the Galaxy fame. The fans didn't like it at all and were very vocal about it.
>>
>>872239
luckily steph has a college degree and they have ivy league business people handling the cash.
>>
In some strange way it is worth watching again. I barely started again last year after not watching for 15 years.
>>
>>872248
We need shane o mac! But hes never coming back ;(
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.