[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cena gone for months, John Cena to undergo surgery.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 16
File: SQkz5HH.jpg (4 KB, 265x213) Image search: [Google]
SQkz5HH.jpg
4 KB, 265x213
So how many of the mid card, and main roster are out on injury now? HOLY SHIT
>>
Ahahahahaha
>>
File: 1434323958915.gif (100 KB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
1434323958915.gif
100 KB, 260x187
>>865847
Source(s) http://www.wwe.com/inside/john-cena-surgery-january-2016-28503697?sf18307282=1

https://twitter.com/JohnCena/status/684920619247337474?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
>>
>>865847
At this rate of upper mid/main event injuries, might as well put on Nakamura-Styles: Twice in a Lifetime (joking of course).
>>
File: one only one can save us now.jpg (49 KB, 645x370) Image search: [Google]
one only one can save us now.jpg
49 KB, 645x370
>>865866
Only one can save us now. BELEB DAT
>>
File: 1444265346769.gif (410 KB, 221x196) Image search: [Google]
1444265346769.gif
410 KB, 221x196
>CM Punk Gone
>John Cena after his movie, comes back and fucks his shoulder.
>Daniel Byran Cut down during the prime of his career, comes back to get injured again. Now doctors won't clear him
>'The Future' Seth Rollins Fucked his knee in house show, now we have no proper heel.
>(Fake) Sin Cara on shoulder injury too.
>Randy Orton also on his retarded self inflicted shoulder issues.
>Sting comes back for one match, and RIPs his neck
>Tyson Kidd STILL OUT ON INJURY

This is a shitshow that has to work around all the injuries and absences.
>>
File: basedreigns.jpg (51 KB, 496x492) Image search: [Google]
basedreigns.jpg
51 KB, 496x492
Whatta shame.
>>
File: grado.png (410 KB, 529x306) Image search: [Google]
grado.png
410 KB, 529x306
>tfw it's finally over
>>
>orton
>cesaro
>bryan
>rollins
>nikki
>sting
>tyson

and now cena? wwe is fucked.

We have now entered the Injury Era.
>>
File: PUSHREIGNS.jpg (18 KB, 600x250) Image search: [Google]
PUSHREIGNS.jpg
18 KB, 600x250
>>865963
More room to make Reigns look STRONG.
>>
File: 1395357513097.png (285 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1395357513097.png
285 KB, 720x720
>>865972
I wonder how much cushion is around Reigns when he's not doing shows. If he gets injured, Vince's booking gets fucked. The next decade is fucked for Vinny if boyo reigns gets a booboo.

Let's just hope it does happen.
>>
>>865979
Well, he doesn't even wrestle without padding on, so...
>>
>>865919
Cesaro also fucked up his shoulder as well. Main event faces are in low supply right now. Also, Bryan was cleared months ago.
>>
>>866029
Bryan has been cleared by at least 4 different doctors, its wwe's "doctor" that won't clear him.
>>
>>865972
If Roman gets hurt, Vince is fucked. Literally who do they have left to put the title on?

Bigshow
Bray Wyatt
Dean Ambrose
Chris Jericho
>>
>>866043
Maybe because Vince doesn't want him to come back and kill Roman's push. So yeah they are keeping him on the sidelines, even though they need him right now.
Also Barrett is injured as well. People keep forgetting about him.
>>
>>866047

#HitSlater'sMusic
>>
>>866047
What they get for having such a shit title scene for so long, pushing like maybe one guy for months at a time, with short breaks of John Cena or Randy Orton pushes inbetween.
>>
>>866051
Yeah its ridiculous how wwe is now backed into a corner for not developing the upper card and relying on cena for so long and not building up a good majn event scene. Now they have put all their chips into Roman, but this mania seems to be thin with content.
>>
>>866043
>>866043
you mean the doctor who is actually around wrestling wont clear him, huh you dont say.
>>
>>866051
>People keep forgetting about him.
well hes not really a factor at the moment
>>
>>866068
Sure but don't you think its just them holding him back until at least Reigns gets him damn mania moment? So the fans don't take a dump on the road to mania for a third year straight?
>>
>>866078
Could be but at this point, with the roster so thin, they would at least use him in the midcard like he was.
>>
>>866086
Can't have any babyface pop harder than Reigns
>>
File: carlitoisgoingotmakeitrain.png (301 KB, 500x396) Image search: [Google]
carlitoisgoingotmakeitrain.png
301 KB, 500x396
>>865847
Carlito will finally get the cash he wanted to come back.
>I injured john cena to get him back for getting me fired!
>>
>>866047

I could see Neville or Kevin Owens being able to carry the show for a period of "interim-titleship". Or they could have the Wyatts dominate WWE until the doctors manage to knit someone "proper" back together.
>>
File: p5dqcUB.jpg (59 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
p5dqcUB.jpg
59 KB, 480x360
>the biggest wrestlemania won't feature wwe's biggest draw
>roman ratingskiller will probably main event
>>
>>866068
This is the same doctor who is grossly ignorant of concussions
>>
>>866047
At least 3 of those guys have way more appeal than Reigns
>>
>>866103
Carlito in 2016 wouldn't even be worth the paper his contract is on
>>
>>866047
>Ambrose (best choice)
>Owens
>le wee woo man
>Wyatt
>>
>>866399
>This is the same doctor who is grossly ignorant of concussions
according to whom?
>>
>>866411
>>Ambrose (best choice)
Maybe an indy title.
>>
>>866422
Basically every medical professional who knows who he is
>>
>>866090
Dean does it almost every week.
>>
>>865847
>injured after like two matches
Cena showing his age. He's not the young star anymore. This sucks.
>>
This is probably the best thing that could've happened, especially given recent circumstances. Injuries force Vince's hand.
>>
>>866471
Fucking Zack Ryder and Heath Slater get bigger pops than Roman. The issue with Daniel Bryan is that he is so insanely over that the fans will NOT put up with him getting the short end of the stick. If he comes back at all they are expecting him to get the jetback to the top he deserves.
>>
>yfw Bryan's concussion injures sort themselves out
>>
>>866047
They could make ambrose top face temporarily and Owens top heel. It would be a decent ME feud.
>>
Good. Fuck them. This is what they get for only giving decent pushes to a select few. They would've never had this problem during the AE...

Oh, Austin's out? Put the belt on Rock.
Oh, Rock's out? Put the belt on Taker.
Oh, Taker's out? Put the belt on Triple H.
Oh, Triple H is out? Put the belt on Mankind.
Oh, Mankind's out? Put the belt on Kane.
Oh, Kane's out? Put the belt on Jericho.

And this is where they start to get a little desperate....

Oh, Jericho's out? Put the belt on Angle (who was seen as a goof but was still a legit gold medalist).
Oh, Angle's out? Put the belt on Big Show (back when people were still very interested in him).
Oh, Show's out? Put the belt on Shamrock (who could've easily been sold as WWF champ).

Some of the above persons may not have been draws as champs/main attractions...but at least they would've made legit-looking champions. All of them were established top stars who were built up properly as legit contenders for the top title.

Now look at what we have...

Oh, Cena's out? Put the belt on Orton.
Oh, Orton's out? Put the belt on part-time Lesnar.

And already, they start to get desperate....

Oh, Lesnar's out? Put the belt on (insert current Vince/Triple H favorite that isn't a major draw but still gets a mega-push to look like a threat...currently Sheamus/Rollins/Reigns)

And this is where they get extra desperate....to get to people who don't draw, or are internet favorites but aren't main event material (because they lack the look/talent, or they simply weren't pushed right due to more focus on the above-mentioned)

Bryan probably isn't getting cleared by WWE.

No one cares about old-ass Big Show/Kane/Mark Henry headlining in 2016 (although career-wise, Henry deserves at least 1 run)

Jericho, in 2016? Nigga, please.

Bray, Cesaro, Ziggler, Barrett, Ryback...nobody cares who they're feuding with as the TOP feud. And that's due to them not being pushed the way they should've been.

Nice going, Vince.
>>
>>866559
Pretty much this. They've really backed themselves into a corner, worse than I've ever seen before.

On Henry, he should have gotten a good run back after he did the fake retirement speech. Guy worked his ass off that year. Now though, its probably too late. He's set on retiring soon.
>>
>brutal schedule + spot monkey wrestling = more injuries
It's funny though how you don't see nearly as many injuries in Japanese pro-wrestling despite being "harder" than WWE.
>>
File: wwe-the-undertaker.jpg (15 KB, 359x385) Image search: [Google]
wwe-the-undertaker.jpg
15 KB, 359x385
Who does he fight now?
Wyatt?
Balor?
Bbygurl?
>>
I feel like with all these injuries we need a name for the current situation the WWE are in. The nude leaks were called The Fappening, we need to call this the... Injuring... but better. Any ideas?

Also, all this stress is bound to have Vince pulling his hair out.

>>866559
This guy gets it.
>>
>>866580
Fuck off Steve you absolute fraggle
>>
Well I'd say that Bray and Ambrose could be great title holders but we all know how autistic the IWC would get about that

>bitches about Wyatt jobbing
>bitches about a Wyatt push saying "I can't believe it after all the jobbing"

Jesus fuck, you played right into Vinny's hand.
>>
Sucks. Cena is the only star who can actually work the crowd (except maybe Jericho if he's fully back?). Raw is gonna be boring
>>
europoor here, never watch wrestling. explain to me how a bunch of dudes that pretend to fight in a ring can get injured?
>>
>>866543
Am I the only guy that thinks that DB isn't being "cleared" because they know they'll have to push him into the main event almost instantly?
>>
>>866401
>Big Show has more appeal
>>
>>866576
I was thinking they may do a Sting vs. Taker Shitshow.

Although if we want two guys who are past their prime in a match that sounds great in concept and terrible in execution.

We do Rock vs. Taker
>>
>>866590
> never watch wrestling
Why are you in the wrestling board then?
>>
>>866595
read the news that cena had been injured and checked out this board. Is wrestling real or fake? I thought it was fake, so it's strange how someone can get injured out of it.
>>
>>866590

> explain to me how a bunch of dudes that pretend to fight in a ring can get injured?

Similar to how actor Brandon Lee got shot to death in real life, while trying to pretend to get shot during filming for the movie 'The Crow'

Accidents can happen when people pretend to do things.....and sometimes it can result in injury.....or even death
>>
>>866594

> I was thinking they may do a Sting vs. Taker Shitshow

Holy shit I just realized this

Sting vs. Taker pretty much HAS to happen now

That's like one of their few trump cards in terms of fan interest for WM32

As shitty as the match may be....we ALL will still watch it
>>
>>866596
> fake
Do you think they are holograms?
>>
>>866602
Stings is done
>>
>>866610
Not necessarily he said he didn't know and there was talk about it. Apparently Rock is off the table as he is filming a movie and won't be allowed to wrestle.
http://www.inquisitr.com/2590746/wwe-rumors-huge-update-on-sting-appearing-at-wrestlemania-32-and-top-matches-set/
>>
>>866614
Good news about Rock, every time he shows up now he joists burn through more goodwill e.g. Jericho
>>
>>866576
Owens wouldnt be bad. In a style of how Punk began the feud with taker.

Mind you, this is his last match so.. he'd have to win.

I doubt Taker has anything left in his knees to sell a popup powerbomb

Either way it would be good for fat owens fat
>>
>>866610

Geez.....I knew he was injured last year but I figured he'd be ready by Mania time. I never checked for any recent updates. Just did.....fuck. He looks like his fucking in-ring career is over.

Seriously, Vince needs to build up more main-eventers and upper midcarders....and do it for longer than a fucking month. Stop relying on part-timers and legends; this shit is ridiculous. One minute we thought Cesaro had next....then he sinks to near-jobber status and is barely seen. One minute we thought Ryback had next....then he's midcarding and barely seen. Stop that shit.

Will The Rock have to wrestle for 'mania at this point? I hate how they've been using him as a crutch in recent years, but damn....what other choices do they have?
>>
>>866423
WWE title is basically indy at this point.
>>
Remember when Ziggler was the second most over guy on the roster? Bet Vince wishes he hadn't fucked that up. Remember when Ryder was selling more mercy than anyone else? Bet Vince wishes he hadn't fucked that up. Remember when CM Punk got non-WWE fans to care at least a little about WWE?

They have had multiple chances to build new stars, and they have blown almost every one of them. At this point all they have is Reigns and Sheamus, and pray that Rollins is back in time for Mania so they can do a SHIELD triple threat.

As for fixing Wyatt, have him, and not his family, come in early in the Rumble, and have him go on a tear and eliminate 7+ people by himself, until everyone left gangs up on him and the rest of the family.
>>
>>866662

Vince doesn't regret any of that shit, really. And for one reason:

He hates - HATES - when someone or something gets over and it isn't his creation or something that got his personal approval.

Zack Ryder is a perfect example. I have never personally seen such a blatant effort to destroy a wrestler's popularity, who had gotten himself over through his own efforts outside of 'the system'
>>
>>866590
gravity is real
>>
>>866596
The storylines are made up, the winners are predetermined, the matches are partly scripted partly improvised (depends on how "good" the athletes are), scripted or not, making a mistake and land badly from 6ft can cause injury (or while working out)
>>
>>866422
There is a documentary about his shenanigans, albeit it is with the NFL.
>>
>>866047
They always have someone they can put their belt on and it'll be just as good as if they'd put the belt on Romani Rowboat Roman.
>>
>>866596
HOW DO YOU LEARN TO FALL OFF A 20 FOOT LADDER
>>
>>866700
JUST DO IT
>>
>>866596
people can't be this dumb right?
>>
>>866717
He's European.
>>
>>866580
>the injurying
that's fucking cringeworthy please fuck off and don't make this a thing
>>
>>866047
Bork
>>
>>866491
Cena has a ton of mileage on his body, and him always rushing back months too early from previous injuries probably didn't help. That shit is due to catch up with him.
>>
>>866543
Exactly why Vince doesn't want wwe doctors to clear Bryan. They are in the middle of pushing Roman to the moon, and don't want anyone to fuck his push up.
>>
>>866590
Wrestling is fucking dangerous, probably more than any other professional sport. One wrong move or slip, and these guys can die in the ring. Not to mention, no off season. They they work for years at times with no days off. All this while traveling 300 days a year and working matches 4 times a week. Wrestling is actually a brutal business.
>>
>>866765
>and these guys can die in the ring

Like two people have died ever. You're right about everything else though
>>
>>866662
There is zero chance Rollins will be back by Mania. Acl injuries take a long ass time to heal and then rehab. He won't be back until like July at the earliest.
>>
>>866662
Bray did that last year at the Rumble. And he was thrown out by Bigshow and Kane, just to have Roman look strong in the end.
>>
>>866770
And how many have died from the shit they did in the ring before they hit 50 years old? Probably over 30 wrestlers within the past 2 decades. Head trama, addiction to pain killers etc.
>>
>>866680
Which doesn't make sense. The point of pro wrestling is to get over. Yet Vince seems to tear down anyone that does it without his blessing.
>>
>>865847

You see, Karma's a bitch.

Now get off my /asp/, rasslin fags.
>>
>>866761

I don't even think it's about Roman

They just hate having to push that midget in general
>>
WWE is fucked. Everyone left just doesn't have it except Roman and maybe Ambrose. Hell Hogan can't make anymore guess appearances either.
>>
>>866047
PUT DUH BASED GUY IN!
>>
File: Zack-Ryder-Points-645x370.jpg (126 KB, 645x370) Image search: [Google]
Zack-Ryder-Points-645x370.jpg
126 KB, 645x370
>>866047
>Literally who do they have left to put the title on?
>>
Everything's fucked.
>>
>>866047
New day
>>
>>866621
>winning your last match
>>
>>867766

Exactly

Austin jobbed at his last official match. So did HBK. Bret Hart was fucking FORCED to job without him realizing it. Hogan's jobbed once before while exiting the company (even though he didn't allow a clean win). Even Lesnar jobbed to Goldberg - a WCW creation - at WMXX when he left for the first time.

Taker's definitely putting someone over for his last match because he loves to give back to the business

But that's the problem. If WM32 is indeed his last match then who the fuck is around right now that deserves that kind of rub, or can make a victory over Taker seem realistic?

He already beat Bray.
He already beat Mark Henry.
Lesnar already shocked the world.
Orton's out...and was already beaten anyway.
Rollins is out.
Cena's out.
Cesaro's out, and wasn't getting pushed properly anyway to deserve such a rub; same with Ryback even though he's not out.
They won't let Bryan back in....and I doubt they'd have him beat Taker anyway.
Rock doesn't seem to be set to wrestle this year.
Jericho doesn't even seem right as the person even though he's a legend.
Sting winning would've been an unbelievable gesture but he's out.
Owens and Ziggler, as much as I like them, don't seem realistic
I don't even wanna THINK about Reigns or Sheamus ending his career; fuck THAT noise.

I hate to say it....but at this rate it might have to be either Kane or Big Show. One the one hand Taker hasn't beaten Big Show DIRECTLY in a WM match, but on the other hand Kane is more closely associated with him, and I don't think most people would have a problem with Taker's career being ended by his 'brother'.
>>
>>867847
Vince should have had Bryan beat the streak in a mad attempt to turn him heel and stop the yes chants forever. Not saying it would have worked, but Vince is probably completely insane enough.
>>
File: Zack-Ryder.jpg (127 KB, 634x356) Image search: [Google]
Zack-Ryder.jpg
127 KB, 634x356
>>867728
>mfw based Broski wins the gold
>>
>>867847
Bray has the wiggle room of being injured

Just do another one of those power-up segments for him and have him beat Undertaker
>>
File: hypebros.jpg (54 KB, 600x250) Image search: [Google]
hypebros.jpg
54 KB, 600x250
>>867968
maybe the tag gold because of the HYPE man
>>
>>867847
>So did HBK
II wouldn't consider losing to the undertaker at wrestlemania jobbing.
>>
>>868106
> he thinks that jobbing doesn't mean "losing the match"

18+
>>
>>868144
there was once a time where wrestlers could lose matches without it being considered jobbing senpai.

I suppose you're right about it now though with how frequent the silly finishes are. Losing's going the way of tap outs
>>
>>868155
To lose the match is to do the job.

Don't act like you know what you're talking about when you clearly don't.
>>
>>868173
To lose the match is to lose the match senpai.

Jobbing is different from losing.
>>
File: 1452171149286.jpg (71 KB, 481x377) Image search: [Google]
1452171149286.jpg
71 KB, 481x377
>>868179
>>
File: ITWASME.jpg (55 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
ITWASME.jpg
55 KB, 680x383
>>868185
>>
>>866559
>>867847

These 2 posts basically show the 2 major problems Vince has for WrestleMania 32: which wrestlers to have face each other for the WWE title, and which wrestler is to face Taker (and possibly retire him).

I don't think Vince has ever had this much of an uphill battle in booking a WrestleMania.
>>
>>868106

To job means to lose the match. Period.

I get what you're trying to say...anyone facing the Undertaker at WM, gets a rub regardless of winning or losing. But if they lose, they still jobbed to the Undertaker.
>>
>>869703

I think he's confusing jobbing with being a jobber. Even the biggest stars have to job sometimes, but jobbers almost always job.
>>
>>866559

> This is what they get for only giving decent pushes to a select few

That's not the only problem

They are now also paying for treating the other titles like shit over the past couple of years

If the IC and Tag titles were still treated like silver to the WWE title's gold, and more meaningful feuds were built around those titles, the we would have had two more matches to engage the fans despite all the injuries

New Day and Dean Ambrose don't have a hot feud with anyone in particular right now, so who cares whether they hold or lose the belts at WM? Who cares about who they face for the belts at WM?
>>
Why do I feel like fucking Ryback is about to get a major push because of all of this.....
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.