[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>listening to the SCSA podcast >every episode they put
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
>listening to the SCSA podcast
>every episode they put this guy over as the HBK/Macho-Man level GOAT of his era, the end all be all total package of mic work tech skills and brawling
>never seen a match of his outside of an andy kaufman documentary

was he really that good?
>>
>>851785

Lawler was the epitome of working around limitations and making it golden. Not an athletic man but one hell of a talker, brawler and storyteller. Was the GOAT for his era? Probably not (and the strength of his legacy is slightly tarnished by being an AWA guy instead of an NWA guy), but he deserves listing alongside all the other territory top dogs.
>>
>>851785
> HBK/Macho Man level GOAT
18+ kid
Neither of them were top guys or GOATs of any era they were in

And lawler's brawling looked good because he was a sloppy cunt that actually just hit them
>>
>>851808
> you need to get pushed as Vince's fave to be a GOAT

Only person who needs to be 18+ here is you, junior
>>
File: cm_punk_reaction.gif (1 MB, 200x195) Image search: [Google]
cm_punk_reaction.gif
1 MB, 200x195
>>851808

>HBK wasn't the GOAT of his era
>>
File: Macho cuck randy savage.jpg (47 KB, 650x434) Image search: [Google]
Macho cuck randy savage.jpg
47 KB, 650x434
>>851814
You pretty much do to be considered a GOAT 2bh

Macho man was a GOAT character, cultural icon and personality whose matches were pretty overrated because of how based he was. Plus he was always second fiddle and got cucked by hogan big time. He's not GOAT material though, its like saying Rick Rude was a GOAT. 9/10, not 10/10

> HBK
> GOAT
Only an underaged kliq dvd babby would ever unironically think this

Tldr
Eighteen plus kiddo
>>
>>851815
Awful b8, even without the phil reaction gif
>>
>>851820
fuck off bretc uck. Your opinions are about as shitty as your overrated pink whiny faggot was at cutting promos

Nobody takes you seriously
>>
>>851820
> implying that Rude isn't still the GOAT heel
>>
>>851825
> dont like the truth
> attack the messenger
Truly the trait of a homosexual or a female aka the only people that liked HBGay in the 90s
Way to live up to the stereotype lass
>>
>>851808

To be fair to Lawler, much of his brawling was done either right in front of or actually in amongst the crowds. In situations like that, you work stiff because you don't have the distance obscuring a pulled punch.
>>
>>851785
no. he just stayed in his little terrotory and didnt do much anywhere else. If he went to WWF when all the other guys did in the 80s he would be nothing. His cousin Honkey Tonk Man is many times the better wrestler entertainer than him
>>
>>851861
> Honky
> better

You don't even believe this.
>>
>>851863
Its a point worth talking about
Rick was an awe inspiring god of a man and a top notch worker who even had good matches with Warrior. HTM was rage inducingly pathetic and shit to watch
Who do you hate more?
>>
>>851876
Sorry i thought you was replying to me about HTM being the GOAT heel

I didnt even make that post ITT kek
>>
>>851878
>>851876
Meant for>>851863
>>
File: Jerry Loler.png (138 KB, 294x275) Image search: [Google]
Jerry Loler.png
138 KB, 294x275
>>851785
>Anal bleeding
>>
>>851808
18+
>>
Here, have some classic Lawler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99N62akUqM4
>>
>>851785
I watched one of the jerry lawler/ andy kaufman feud video today.

And I have to admit jerry new how to handle himself in a feud with a actual actor.

Kaufman comes in one week with a neck brace threatening to sue the "hick" wrestling studio then one day he manages to actually beat lawler with some hired tag team.

Then lawler comes in the following week with a brace and cuts this promo.

>https://youtu.be/z8HawpA_UfM?t=5m11s

I actually marked a bit when he pulled off his brace.
>>
>>854014

>"Fag lookin jerk like you".

Holy shit.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.