[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be top ref in WWE >work every main event for 20 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: Earl-Hebner.jpg (45 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
Earl-Hebner.jpg
45 KB, 600x350
>be top ref in WWE
>work every main event for 20 years
>get fired for stealing office supplies

JUST
>>
Wasn't he stealing merch and reselling it online?
>>
>>846005
Yeah and his twin brother... seems kinda unfair to Dave.
>>
>>846007
he was selling his twin brother?
>>
Earl probably gets paid triple what most wrestlers on TNA's roster get.
>>
>>846001
>>846005
>>846007
Wow. Exactly how little do these faggots get paid?
>>
what does a wrestling ref even do?
Do they help call the spots?
Are they aware of the ending before the match?
>>
>>846437
>Do they help call the spots?
>Are they aware of the ending before the match?
Yes, they are basically there to help the wrestlers and to make it look real as possible by following the actual rules. It's a weird job desu, I'm not sure how you get into being a referee of a fake sport.
>>
>>846437
they set up the rings and shit. reffing gives them something to do while the event is going on
>>
>>846085
>they do it for free
>>
>>846437
They do loads senpai. They set shit up, call spots, communicate between the wrestlers, check them for injuries, pass them blades to cut themselves, act out spots and finishes, let the wrestlers know how long until ad breaks, generally remind them of shit like which camera is currently on etc. It's pretty easy to spot when you watch it, but it doesn't really break the illusion. It isn't too jarring to see the ref walk up to one wrestler and whisper and then the other one, since they could be talking about anything.
>>
>>846437

They actually do a lot more than they're given credit for.
>>
>>846001
did he died?
>>
>>846001
>office supplies
merch you fuccboi that he sold for high dollar and wwe didnt get a dime.
>>
who's your favorite ref, /asp/?
>>
>>846653
Charles Robinson, easily.

Just look at this handsome motherfucker.
>>
>>846510
I think he's in TNA?
>>
>>846653
>>846657
Can't go wrong with either of these desu.
>>
File: NICK.jpg (61 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
NICK.jpg
61 KB, 320x240
>>846653
>>846657
>>846660

>not based NWO ref
>>
>>846437
http://www.cracked.com/blog/7-unexpected-realities-being-pro-wrestling-referee/
>>
>>846676
> cracked
The comment section reminds me of one of SteveLol's tripfag threads
>>
>>846657
This guy looks like he's enjoying life.
>>
>>846677
Do you avoid YouTube, too, because of the comment section?
>>
File: PUNY-CHARLES-ROBINSON.jpg (220 KB, 2400x1600) Image search: [Google]
PUNY-CHARLES-ROBINSON.jpg
220 KB, 2400x1600
>>846957
pic unrelated
>>
>>846657
Charles "I love to get chokeslammed by undertaker" robinson
>>
>>847437
I know there's lots of people that would pay to get chokeslammed by Taker or Kane or preferably both.

Charles Robinson gets it for free. Taker and Kane are sluts.
>>
>>846001
How in shape do you have to be to take bumps anyways ? Obviously you need the cardio to run around the whole match, but that's different than being a weightlifter.
>>
>>847453

Not very. Although you need a baseline level of strength not to sandbag the other guy unless you're tiny compared to him.

Being more muscular and more padded helps with small bumps hurting less, makes big bumps hurt more.
>>
Earl got fired for scalping merch
>>
>>846657
>>846663
based Lil' Naitch

they really need to put some more refs over. maddox is the only one i can think of, and i don't think he reffed more than a couple matches after the CM Punk thing
>>
>>847493
>they really need to put some more refs over.
Why?
>>
goat ref comin throu
>>
fuck hebner, I still don't understand why they fired Jim Ross
>>
>>846653
Yo remember when they tried pushing a Suicide gimmick with one of the refs?
>>
File: Uhhhh.jpg (26 KB, 250x277) Image search: [Google]
Uhhhh.jpg
26 KB, 250x277
>>846001

If you're going to do that, why not bet on the matches since you have inside info and can alter the course of the match by counting fast or slow?
>>
>>846657
It was funny that one time the ref was knocked out and he was the one that had to run the entire stadium enterance runway because he was the only one that wasn't a fat fuck
>>
>>851693
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWU5KgqZw4Y
>>
>>851718
Best ref commin thru
>>
>>851837
Not having clicked the link, any non-Bryce Remsburg answer is false.
>>
>>846653
that's not wise
>>
>>846005
I actually bought stuff from them. Mostly replacement belt straps, etc.
>>
Is the pay any good? Why was he being a nigger.
>>
>>857209

Not really. Its not terrible on a per-annum basis, but for the workload you're doing it kind of sucks.
>>
File: normalcount.webm (2 MB, 696x392) Image search: [Google]
normalcount.webm
2 MB, 696x392
>>
>>857282
Based
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.