[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to choose between martial arts,advice pls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7
File: hh.jpg (8 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
hh.jpg
8 KB, 257x196
im like 1.60 meters short (5.25ft) and 52 kg and I want to be able to inflict pain on people without having to listen to a caucasian moan and scream like a hentai character,n-not like I watch hentai or anything
>>
It'd be better if you didn't choose just one, but multiple martial arts.
Find a good MMA gym, join, train, improve your hand to hand combat skills.

If you just want to inflict pain, you might want to opt to be a medical doctor or something, and then use your knowledge not to heal, but to inflict pain.
>>
File: 1385040729929.jpg (47 KB, 346x334) Image search: [Google]
1385040729929.jpg
47 KB, 346x334
>MMAnlets
>>
>>842724
everyone keeps telling me Im too short for mma,and that I should go with wrestling,but I dont want THAT much physical contact
>>
>>842728
where do you live? it depends on where you live, and what schools and gyms provide the best teachers within your price range and schedule
>>
>>842729
I kinda just want to figure out which discipline would suit me best first and then focus on where,when and how much $$$
>>
>>842731
but not all disciplines are represented in every area, so your question is sort of a moot point. So where do you live, then we can make a list for you of possible good gyms and schools with reputable trainers and teachers.

Who knows maybe you live in Europe and are by some legit savate trainers or sambo guys, or maybe you live in the heartland of America and are living close to Division 1 level wrestlers, or maybe you live by golden glove boxers or stadium muay thai guys. It really depends on the luck of the roll of where you live. Not the style, and who are the best teachers.

So i am not being rude but that's the best way to help answer your question.
>>
>>842732
OP here, honestly I just wanted a good ol which style is best. I mean every martial art forum online has this question and I feel /asp/ needs it. It's never been asked since us wrestlefags have been on here.

Again I don't care about how much $$$ and I don't feel comfortable telling you guys where I live. I just want to here people argue about what style is best.
>>
File: UFC Manlets.jpg (377 KB, 2542x732) Image search: [Google]
UFC Manlets.jpg
377 KB, 2542x732
>>842728
>too short
Just check out these top manlets in the UFC.

http://www.ufc.com/rankings?id=
>>
>>842735
So you're admitting you're shit posting?
>>
>>842737
Read the OP you moralfag. I even talked about hentai. how didn't realize this was a bait thread?
>>
>>842737
not rly,that dude is just trying to start a fight.real op here,honestly just a short girl who wants to beat up people,from Serbia
>>
Judo is supposedly good for dwarves and women.
>>
>>842735
We know that styles have their weaknesses, so hybrid arts are the best.

Wing Chun + Taekwondo & Tai Chi + Aikido are one of the best combinations.
You get good well rounded striking as well as good well rounded grappling.
>>
>>842738
stop rustling everyones jimmies,you are not me >:(
>>
>>842738
>>842739
not OP.
I'm OP.
stop trying to pretend to be me.
>>
>>842735
>>842741
Let's put it this way.
Wing Chun/Taekwondo + Tai Chi/Aikido
>>
>>842743
>>842744
You're not me either
>>
>>842743
>>842744
>>842746
So much samefag butthurt
Please help this europoor manlet defend his honor-aru
>>
>>842746
plus jokes on you,i do care about how much it costs,cause im broke as fuck A-HA
>>
File: a little muay thai match.gif (2 MB, 215x162) Image search: [Google]
a little muay thai match.gif
2 MB, 215x162
>>
>>842748
>>842749
FYI this is me. I'm a legit poorfag so what style tend to be cheap and good? Can i teach myself if you guys gave me some youtubes or torrents?
>>
>>842753
>Can i teach myself if you guys gave me some youtubes or torrents?

It is in fact possible to learn a martial art and effectively apply it without a teacher and or sparring.

A common myth is that one is unable to perceive the flaws on one's movements when mimicking the movements of a martial art, and that a teacher is required to detect these flaws in form and aid in correcting them.
Detecting the flaws in one's form can easily be done with the utilization of attention to detail and a mirror.
It would take some very severe cognitive impairments and or lack of effort to be unable to do this, given that adiquate information is provided.

Another common myth is that muscle memory is required to apply martial arts, and that one would be unable to participate in combat without getting a gluteus maximus kicking.
One reason people believe this myth is because of how much more quickly humans tend to react to a stimuli with muscle memory rather than conscious reaction time. They fail to understand that this in no way means that conscious reaction cannot be utilized. With higher aptitude for reaction time and or training, one who may have never engaged in hand to hand combat will be able to perform as well if not better than one who has trained muscle memory for hand to hand combat, not to mention how muscle memory can be used in combat if trained with proper knowledge and understanding beforehand.

Experience is only as creditable as how it's interpreted.

Not saying that learning with a teacher isn't almost always more efficient.
>>
>>842756
sweet thanks. so what can i youtube or does anyone have torrents?
>>
>>842756
There are no flaws in this logic.
>>
>>842758
Master Wong.
He teachers Tai Chi, as well as Wing Chun.
Practice on a bag, and you'll be well ahead of any street fighter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp9-jKO_K98
>>
>>842762
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp9-jKO_K98
Thanks so much. This is great. You mention bags. Do I need to get gloves or any thing? Again i am fucking poor as shit. Not even sure if I can afford a bag. Can I make them or find an alternate?

Also what are the strengths and weakness of wingchun for a manlet? I'm not really strong and I'm not really fast
>>
>>842735
>which style is best
>/asp/ needs it
>It's never been asked since us wrestlefags have been on here
> I just want to here people argue
>here people
>here

kekaroo
>>
File: 1450130709144.png (303 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1450130709144.png
303 KB, 600x400
>>842764
>Can I make them or find an alternate?
Find a rice bag, potato sack, or something at the local junk yard of Asian Market dumpster, and go the to beach to get some sand to fill it with.
Hang it up with some rope, and you're good to go.
You can find other tutorials on youtube.

Wing Chun is basically Swarm Fighter style Boxing with Kicks, and grappling.

Swarm style Boxers are common in Boxing manelts, Wing Chun could really be your thing.
>>
>>842723
If you do'nt want to wrestle, Boxing? It's simple, direct, fun and have weight categories if you ever want to compet. Also, how did you like the last ep of euphoria?
>>
>>842723

Muay Thai. Makes you hard and actually works in a street fight
>>
File: toukyou-kushu-5092355.jpg (91 KB, 800x1184) Image search: [Google]
toukyou-kushu-5092355.jpg
91 KB, 800x1184
>>842735
>I just want to here people argue
Then quit wanting things, its obvious your terrible at it and need to straighten your priorities
>about what style is best.
There is not and will never be a best style,
do whatever the hell you want, make sure it spars hard/isn't a mcdojo and your comfortable with it. But GTFO if your gonna ask stupid questions like that.
>>
>>842723
Whatever floats your boat you'll grow out of your height insecurity eventually.
>>
File: 1428896421890.png (231 KB, 850x1200) Image search: [Google]
1428896421890.png
231 KB, 850x1200
>>842728
>but I dont want THAT much physical contact
Then don't get into martial arts seriously or quit being a pussy. Good Martials Arts will spar and spar hard, not enough to injure you but enough to get you used to being hit and to learn how to hit back to make you competent
>>
>>842756
Jesus not this again. Yes it's possible. Anythings possible. Doesn't always mean it's a good idea, and this ne sure as shit isn't. This is POSSIBLY the best way to get your shit pushed in because you cant 't spar shit, your trainings fuck all and you don't have a master/more knowledgeable person to help you fix your form and everything else your shitty at
>>
>>842741
Do this if you want to get beaten up OP
>>
>>843307

If you press him he'll admit that HE can't do it, and that nobody has ever done it, and then he'll fall back on how he doesn't care because muh logic.

A month ago about four of us dogpiled the cockbiter with the fact that logic isn't a path to knowledge.

Do you really want to go that route? Bringing up fucking philosophy in our beloved /asp/?
>>
>>842738
>Read the OP you moralfag. I even talked about hentai. how didn't realize this was a bait thread?
>I was only pretending to be retarded
GTFO
>>
>>843315
>A month ago about four of us dogpiled the cockbiter with the fact that logic isn't a path to knowledge.
As nice as it feels to blow faggots the fuck out kinda having a hard time seeing how you used logic against him for anything, seeing as there's no logic in any of what he just wrote. What's the saying again? you cant convince someone with evidence who doesnt believe in evidence, and neither with logic to whom can't argue with it?

>Do you really want to go that route? Bringing up fucking philosophy in our beloved /asp/?
Only if it's shit philosophy, if it's reasonable I don't have a problem with it. But that's the problem right? His shit philosophy keeps popping up in every martial arts thread,hell it's even in the QTDDTOThread, It just needs to in the fucking trash and stay go
>>
>>843331

If you point out that nobody has ever done http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AwesomenessByAnalysis like the copypasta chef claims is possible, he declares that his claim is logical even though there's no evidence for it.

If you'd like to go at him from a different angle, go for it, but it won't help. I'm the most pacific guy here but I'd gleefully stomp whoever boiled the original pasta flat. It wouldn't help though because he says that his claim isn't predicated on himself (or anyone else) being able to actually do it. He just likes the truthiness of his statement.
>>
>>843342
>If you point out that nobody has ever done http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AwesomenessByAnalysis like the copypasta chef claims is possible, he declares that his claim is logical even though there's no evidence for it.

If you'd like to go at him from a different angle, go for it, but it won't help. I'm the most pacific guy here but I'd gleefully stomp whoever boiled the original pasta flat. It wouldn't help though because he says that his claim isn't predicated on himself (or anyone else) being able to actually do it. He just likes the truthiness of his statement.
They're just like SJW cancer, covering their eyes and ears to anything that they cant rationally refute/back up and don't agree with. Cant' argue/ engagein a debate as that means the other side has at lest some legitimacy.
t's enough to know that at least there's the solace of knowing that actual fighting will destroy all that, like sweet reality always does. If he and anyone who actually believes this actually tries any of this shit they're gonna get rekt. When theyre all in a situation they can't otherwise get out of by talking, cops running away, etc and are backed into a corner, they'll wish they had actually and legitimately trained.
>>
>>842727
>/v/ level shitposting
Thanks for putting wrestling here, Hiro.
>>
>>842738
>haha bait, preteding to be rtarded is sooo fun
>>
>>842735
Those threads happen all the time, maybe if wrestlefags weren't so cancerous they could check the archive. Also
>shitpost bait
>helpful anons actually want to help
Lel
>>
boxing/muay thai + bjj/judo/wrestling

/thread
>>
>>843762
>boxing
lol no
Boxing is a supplemental art. Boxing is nothing compared to Muay Thai, especially modern Muay Thai.
>>
>>843250
>actually works in a street fight
Do you forget the level of skill on the streets? Just about everything works on the streets. Even Krav Maga gets you through the streets, and that's the shitty version of Krav Maga that isn't the Krav Maga found in Israel.
>>
>>842723
Sauce?
>>
>>842764
Might as well just learn some Boxing/Kickboxing/Muay Thai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg6V9BNq8WU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeEYjgfYG7c&list=PL3B4FCC98AAAF3182
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG8QS-ww6S0
>>
>>842739
if anyone is in fact from serbia, then boxing, sambo and judo are pretty easy to find so that's a good start
>>
>>842764
Jesus christ, how can anyone watch something like that and not end up laughing their ass off at how fucking stupid and impractical everything is?
>>
>>844594
>fucking stupid and impractical
for you.
Is someone insecure about their intellectual abilities to apply martial arts techniques? It's okay that other people are smarter than you, you don't need to feel bad about that.
>>
>>844828
Damn nigga that projection
>>
>>844594
Some people are just too far gone
>>
>>842723
Tbh you're just too small to fight anyone over 5'6
>>
>>844856
>letting yourself believe that so you don't have to face the truth that you just suck
>>
12/15 threads on the first page are Wrestling. Fucking kill me!

/asp/ Alternative Sports and Wrestling is like having
/b/ Random and Anime or
/fit/ Fitness and LGBT
>>
>>844923
Get cucked faggot
Time to leave, this board is ours now
>>
>>844926
Yeah no shit. Autism has spoken.
>>
>>844923
It think /b/ actually used to be that or something like it. Right about /fit/ though, they mean well and they actually have decent people, but the memelording, homoeroticism, and liftan fixes everything attitudes could be better.
>>
>>843864
tbqphf
>>
>>842728
Then do muay Thai or boxing, manlet's usually do good boxers see Mexicans as Ricardo "finito" Lopez for example
Source
>>
>>842741
>>842745
>aikido
>Tae Kwon do
If you gonna shitpost you could at go with Krav magoo
Bjj master race reporting in
>>
>>843762
This desu
>>843846
You obviously never sparred against a boxer, after years of muay Thai full contact I did it and was really terrifying, but still a great experience
>>843848
>Falling for the Krav magoo meme
You know that's just a scan composed of a watered down version of jiu jitsu right and other non Israeli martial arts right?
>>
>>842723
>manlet
The only thing you will be able to hurt is other 11 year old kids. Assuming even they dont beat the living shit out of you.
>>
>>846274
>shitposting
>Bjj
the irony
>>
>>846277
>after years of muay Thai full contact I did it and was really terrifying, but still a great experience

>things that never happened
>>
>>846348

You are either a troll or a shitposter. I'm feeling bad for even replying to you.

Boxing and Muay Thai are both great sports and yes, Muay Thai has kicks and boxing doesn't. But if you think fighting a boxer is an easy thing, you are an idiot.. Quick, post your stupid "Williams vs. Ignashov" video for the 10th time, it proves EVERYTHING.. or maybe you aren't Ignashov, but instead you would get destroyed by a boxer, who knows?

Have some realistic depictions:

Friendly sparring between boxer and kickboxer, boxer dominates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUPWy-6jV9Q

A boxer destroys a kickboxer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLemA6SZYYM

Nak Muay Wins against boxer, but only very close and after taking some punishment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYMYCCgrZOs
>>
>>843864
Sinkan - Episode 1
>>
>>846405
>You are either a troll or a shitposter.
>No, I can't possible be wrong, the other guy must be wrong.

>But if you think fighting a boxer is an easy thing
>not being able to comprehend relativity

>it proves EVERYTHING
It explains why Boxers get their asses handed to them by Muay Thai practitioners and Kickboxers a majority of the time.

>you would get destroyed by a boxer, who knows?
Nice subtle way of attacking me instead of attempting to formulate a valid argument.

>videos
Nice cherry picking.
>>
>>846415

>No, I can't possible be wrong, the other guy must be wrong.

You must be joking, right? If people give arguments or personal experience and you say "hurr, it didn't happend" you can't just play this card afterwards..

>not being able to comprehend relativity

No, you are missing crucial details. Boxing is one of the most respected martial arts and you just say "no, it's basically shit" without telling us why and without telling anything about you. I'm pretty sure you never fought a boxer in your whole life, right?

>It explains why Boxers get their asses handed to them by Muay Thai practitioners and Kickboxers a majority of the time.

No, YOU did cherry picking here. You posted one video of an incredible strong kickboxer and I bet my arse that he also had training in pure boxing. That's like posting an MMA guy vs. a striker to prove that striking is pointless..

The videos I posted where much closer to how boxer/kickboxer fights actualy look on an intermediate level and very interesting to watch in terms of strategy.
Of course a kickboxer has more tools, but this comes at a price. Since you don't have unlimited training time you have to focus on more things to get good at. Since you do a lot of kicks you don't learn the explosive footwork and punching power of a boxer. And so on.

I'm respecting Muay Thai very much, but to not respect boxing is ridiculous.
>>
>>847249
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>843315
>>843331
>>843342
>>843420
>being this delusional
>>
>>847303

Wow, such arguments!
You surely aren't a troll/couch potatoe..

Let me make an educated guess: you are from the WWE crowd, aren't you?
>>
>>847325
>being this retarded
Fuck off
>>
>>847571
At this point im not even sure whats b8 or not
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.