[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
noob question, how did the climbers get the safety rings in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: ギリギリ短_(15580964194).jpg (175 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
ギリギリ短_(15580964194).jpg
175 KB, 600x900
noob question, how did the climbers get the safety rings in place beforehand?
https://youtu.be/V1P97VVt6_k

Also, on an unrelated note, went on /asp for a few months when it was created, now that I'm back half the threads are WWE shitposting. Are you guys just going to let this happen to yourselves?

pic unrelated
>>
Bolts are placed in the wall on rappel. Quick draws are usually placed as you climb to the bolts and then you clip in to the draw but in the case or dura dura I think they were placed on rappel as well.

I miss the climbing general threads.
>>
>>843400
But in this vid in particular how did they get the bolts up before climbing them? Did they find a roundabout way to the top and put them in while rappelling down?
>>
Hike to the top.
Rappel over the side.
Drill bolts.
>>
>>843810
this

also the mma shit is way worse, fucking retards.
>>
>>843810
If not possible:
Aid climb the route while placing bolts.
>>
>>842163
the best climber goes up first and installs them.
>>
Going to buy quickdraws with Christmas money. How many should I buy for climbing in southern Ontario?
>>
>>847045

Entirely dependent on routes in the area you wanna climb. Every route will have a different number of bolts depending on the route setter, the ethic and the culture of the area. With that said I've found it to be about 12-14 draws per 50 meters of climb.
>>
>>847337
Thanks, I bought 8. The people I climb with will have they're own as well so I think I should be good.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.