[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need a few effective ways to help keep up and improve my TKD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Roundhouse_Kick.jpg (12 KB, 534x252) Image search: [Google]
Roundhouse_Kick.jpg
12 KB, 534x252
I need a few effective ways to help keep up and improve my TKD at home, /asp/. Anyone here have any drills they do at for TKD?
>>
>>838228
Dildo stuck to the coffee table is a good one
>>
>>838231
lol

OP why not your forms+kicks+stretches?
>>
>>838238
This. You can always improve your technique. If you can do a kick perfectly 70 times, push to be able to do a kick perfectly 80 times.
Even better if you practice on a bag.
>>
Start muay thai
>>
>>838280
already do that, just want to keep up my tkd as well
>>
>>838238
i do the kicks/stretches but i honestly dont see the point of forms. I love tkd for the speed of the kicks and the versatile they are and just needed a way to practice that
>>
>>838228
>Train whatever moves/forms you have(training forms has helped me a lot, the people who say theyre useless just don't know what they're talking about) , get a bag:XXL Wavemaster is GOAT if you can't hang a hanging bag anywhere, (Thinking about a Makiwara) do some form of resistance training for strength, don't neglect basics, etc.
>Mental shit: Read, the Bubishi, the Karate Code and other books(Hagakure,etc) I quite like.
Shotokan Karatefag here, what I do.
>>
>>838367
Does the wavemaster get knocked over when you deliver a strong side kick to it?

6:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfnGkV6qmTw
>>
>>838376
Don't get that model it screws on and losens with serious (Kick) practice

would be ok to do mixed punch-kick. just ok. Unless you can get a old century upward incline bag made of leather

As for drills to do at home

Go though your forms to warm up.Proper stances in forms actually require good flexibility.

For kicks, break them down into two parts - leg raising and leg snapping. Work each individually.

Example, throw 100 RH kicks without dropping your knee, then do 100 leg raises with that leg.

Remember to end every workout with jumping kicks,.

>>838367
is honestly more joke then seriousness

Listen. You are doing TKD. Focus on the TKD. let yourself fall into it. TKD is like religion you can prove exists. You need to trust it for it to do ANYTHING For you

beyond all else, stay relaxed and unattached to everything physical. You must follow your intuition without questioning your chances
>>
>>838228
That's a fairly good RH btw. not anywhere near BB level but a nice positioning of the hips.
>>
>>838367
I like how you think shitokan gives you credibility

>>838672
Fuck off tkautist
>>
>>838690
i missed you

is it just us left?
>>
>>838690
tkd is literally rebranded shotokan
>>
>>838731
Yes, they're both shit. I don't see your point.
>>
>>838690
I stated my style to infer that I do things from a karate standpoint and do not exactly know what anon is specifically looking for from a tkd standpoint. I also like how some faggot insinuates that I'm grubbing for martial arts good boy points/legitimacy when there is no evidence for, and I was doing, no such thing, while all the said fag proceeded to not offer any helpful advice whatsoever. Also Shotokan is a legit art btw and very effective when trained bareknuckle/fullcontact(i trained in the latter and a bit in the former
>>
>>838835
TKD is the Western Boxing of feet, except even TKD is Kickboxing and has punches.
>>
TKD + Muay Thai > Boxing + Muay Thai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGC6pDRxm4I
>>
>>845980
>Muay Thai fags will still shit on TKD even after this ass whooping
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.