[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about going to Thailand to train Muay Thai until I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_m8cek2JPKp1rd9oayo1_1280.jpg (336 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8cek2JPKp1rd9oayo1_1280.jpg
336 KB, 1280x853
Thinking about going to Thailand to train Muay Thai until I'm flat broke. Any of you ever make this journey?

Looking for places to train, costs of living, and to hear any experiences you guys have had.

I've been boxing for over a year now, competed once (no I didn't lose) and trying to train in something that would benefit me as a fighter overall.
>>
First. Its good to know people that is already there. It makes things cheaper if you know what i mean. Second. Tolerate the traffic and finally DONT SPLURGE ON SHOPPPING. I did that and went home broke.
Training wise, most of the camp are in dirty condition. *If you would mind* otherwise the people are nice. The food is nice. Thailand is awesome
>>
>>835165
>the people are nice.

I went to Thailand once. My girlfriend got drugged, put in jail, and then murdered.
>>
Test
>>
>>835057
Where do you live?

What do you think you'll find in Thailand that will magically ascend you to a higher level so early on in your general experience?
>>
>>835057
Be ready to pay a shit load of cash for any training you do in Thailand. While the cost of living is cheap, unless you're a local/Thai, Muay Thai training is prohibitively expensive. Samart has a video on why they charge farangs more. That being said, if you're really serious about it, do your own research. Look for a gym that has raised fighters with good records.
>>
>>835630
Alaska, plus I'd like to see more of the world
>>
>>835057

Why not training Muay Thai at home? Training in Thailad is not worth it until you already are pretty good, IMHO..

>>835355

If you have any brains at all things like that don't happen.

If people insist to go to alone, visit "curious" places or don't watch their lugagge.. bad luck.
>>
>>835687
I think you'd gain more by training for a few more years. You know this.

You're kind of trying to pull the student wanker approach of "I just want to see the world man". If you stayed devoted to thai boxing over there you'd see shit all but your camp and ghettos. If you saw a lot of Thailand you wouldn't be giving all of your time to training, in turn wasting the trip

Give yourself some more years training and knowledge of the culture before you go over there. Thais are pretty sick of mma and part timer douches coming over expecting the holy grail
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.