[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1 3 S E C O N D S 3 S E C O N D S
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 14
File: 1449987030566.webm (2 MB, 976x552) Image search: [Google]
1449987030566.webm
2 MB, 976x552
1 3 S E C O N D S
S
E
C
O
N
D
S
>>
Dailly reminder that people on the website said that mcgregor didn’t have a chance!!!!
>>
Reminder that "experience" means shit fuck all.

It's what you gain from the experience that counts, which varies widely from person to person.
>>
>Aldo has so much more experience than McGregor, McGregor doesn't stand a chance
>>
>>819940
so glad i bet on McGregor
>>
>Aldo is a more well rounded fighter than McGregor
>McGregor has no ground game
>Aldo is going to kick McGregor's ass

>no, you don't get into striking range before grappling range
>grappling is better than striking
>it's not like kicking range is further away than grappling range
>it's not like a grappler would have to work to get into grappling range
>>
>McGregor has no grappling
>Aldo has grappling
>Aldo is going to win
>>
>Conor McGregor's timing means nothing
>>
>timing means nothing
>precision means nothing
>good striking means nothing
>>
13 seconds.
>>
I honestly wonder if Aldo was ducking him earlier in the year with his convenient "injury". McGregor also said the featherweight division is basically a fucking joke and he's done with it before this fight. Now that he took out the guy who was featherweight champ for the last 10 years in 13 seconds it seems he was absolutely right. Sorry Aldo you Brazilian manlet, you're not getting a rematch because McGregor said he wants to move up a weight class, and he probably will.
>>
>>819940
Went out with a bunch of Brazilians from my BJJ gym to watch the fight. I am the only Irish guy there and have been singing Whiskey in the Jar ever since.
>>
it bothers me honestly

i mean, i'm a conor fan and in my opinion he's the next level and future in martial arts, but this is just so fucking surreal. the technique was beautiful, everything was on point, i rewatched 100 times and it was clean a shot as it can get, but there's still this little doubt in the back of my head that this was rigged. what are the chances of it really being rigged?
>>
>>819978
what part of it was rigged the part where you see Aldo's neck and head jerk back, the part where the side and back of his hits the floor? the part where he is lifelessly getting hammer fisted and not protecting himself?
>>
>>819980
by rigged i mean aldo throwing the fight... for a split second there i felt like he literally threw himself on that left. i dunno man, i guess you are right, i don't want to discredit conor because i was certain that this is something he's capable of it, but it ACTUALLY happening, too fucking unreal. i should just enjoy it desu
>>
>McGregor is great at striking
>Aldo has a great ground game
>Aldo plays to McGregor's strength and gets knocked the fuck out
>>
Rigged. That damn John Mccarthy was in on it. He even kneed Aldo in the face for good measure as Aldo was recovering. Herb Dean should have been ref
>>
>>819980
They could've sat them both down and said
>you're going to play around a little
>McGregor is going to throw a side kick to the knee
>After McGregor does that
>Aldo will throw a bunch of fake lefts, a fake right, and then a left
>That's when McGregor is going to KO Aldo
>If it doesn't work out that way, you're both going to be tortured for 5 months and then killed
>>
>>819980
>>819998
Then they could've had them practice playing around, throwing the side kick, Aldo doing the fake lefts followed by the fake right and then left, and McGregor countering that.
>>
>>819989
I don't want to take anything from McGregor, but Also looks much worse off after McCarthy than before.
>>
>>819940
brb death
>>
I can't process this
>>
That left from McGregor was so quick and it didn't look like it even connected, at first I thought Aldo either slipped or took a dive. Fucking glass jaw on this guy I guess. How he was considered so dominant for years is beyond me. Same thing with Rousey, two of UFC's biggest champs get their asses kicked and look like fucking amateurs.
>>
File: 1302561794331.jpg (213 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
1302561794331.jpg
213 KB, 550x400
>you will never see McGregor get his shit rekt
>you will never see Mayweather get his shit rekt
>>
File: TheAnswer.jpg (248 KB, 2400x1600) Image search: [Google]
TheAnswer.jpg
248 KB, 2400x1600
>>819973
>McGregor want to move up
>Avoiding he guy who is cleaning up the division and has shown that he can hang at LW as well

The Answer is coming
>>
>>820016
Estimated time on when that match could be if it happens?

July?
>>
>>820017
Something like that.
Frankie has basically been promised that his next fight is going to be for the belt, the only question is if UFC lays an egg and makes the Conor-Aldo rematch (which would be stupid)
>>
>>820014
why live?
>>
>>820012
You can't be this much of a casual. I'm no aldo fan, at allllll, but if you're comparing rousey getting systematically destroyed to a round to a one punch knockout? You've got some dying to do
>>
>>820012
>comparing aldo to rhonda

jesus fuck shut the fuck up
>>
>>820018
How is honda getting an immediate rematch a thing when people are saying aldo getting one is wrong? Honda got worked for a round and some change, aldo died in 13 seconds. It's kinda like silva losing to wide man and then not getting rematch

You guys are caught in the moment, and on top of that are pretty stupid.
>>
>>819973
>manlets

mcg is also below 5'11 and is only 145lb lol

>calling aldo a manlet
>>
>>820018
If they do a rematch, they better get that shit out of the way quick.
>>
>>820027
>the part where you imagined my post containing anything about the Rousey rematch

wat
>>
>>820027
they are not going to rematch to protect mc gregor's faggot ass and use the 13 second as excuse
>>
>>819940
NO WAY!!!

Talked to a guy today that said McGregor was shit and I was like wut?
>>
>yet another disappointing/shit main event

how does this company stay in business?
>>
File: 1446053175034.jpg (2 MB, 2048x3072) Image search: [Google]
1446053175034.jpg
2 MB, 2048x3072
>>819940
itt: another brazilian throwing a fight for money

conor looked fucking weak and scared

>mfw I still won $800
>>
>>819978

My thought exactly..

I can't really see where the first punch connects, but to me it looks like he's hitting the chest.. I mean you just don't drop dead from a single punch to the chest, it's just very strange.

So either this is the luckiest punch ever or Aldo is counting his money right now..
>>
>>820025

Oh shut up.

I'm not a Ronda fan boy, because she's an annoying person, but from a technical point of view Ronda is a very good fighter. She is also an olympic Judoka.

But she met an extraordinarily strong kickboxer with a very good analysis of Rondas weaknesses and got destroyed. I mean just look at Holms record in MMA and Boxing, she isnt' just anyone.

So can't we stop the meme hating, for once?
>>
>>820226
>from a technical point of view Ronda is a very good fighter
at what standards? every single fucking fighter in UFC is a very good fighter. compared to any male belt holder in the history of UFC? rhonda is shit
>>
so happy, mexicans on suicide watch now
>>
>>820208
That was the genius of it! Aldo looked all strong and Conor was acting like hes not a threat with his open palms and going backwards like hes not even thinking about that perfect counter to secure his legacy as the GOAT.
>>
Was up till 6am for that. Worth it.
>>
>>820226
From a technical point the ONLY thing Rhonda is good at is judo and she can't implement it against people who don't allow
>>
>>819948
Sorry but your fat ass won't be able to become a UFC champion because you're not McGregor
>>
>>820257
What the fuck are you talking about? Do you think anyone "allows" someone else to punch them in the face or take them down? Are you some kind of retard, boy?
>>
>>820017
A few months after the UFC video game comes out
>>
>>820237
Or Achilles. Or God. I mean compare her to Ares and Rousey is a fucking sniveling baby.
>>
>>820014
>>820020
mayweathers an actual cunt though, guy should be shot for his stupidity and arrogance
>>
>>820014
At least McGregor fights.
>>
I'm suprised by all the butt hurt in this thread.
>>
>>820223
Watch the slow motion replay when you can.
>>
>>820237
Did you see what Weidman did to lose his belt last night? Ronda is leagues above him after that stupid spin kick that he threw.
>>
>>820522
>Ronda is leagues above him

This is some elaborate trolling or you're just the biggest casual alive.
>>
Reminder that "experience" means shit fuck all.

It's what you gain from the experience that counts, which varies widely from person to person.

>Aldo has so much more experience than McGregor, McGregor doesn't stand a chance
>>
>>819940
FIXED
I
X
E
D
fuck dana whites mandrama UFC
>>
>>820195
By creating hype in between the shit main events so people buy the PPV yet again.
>>
>>820025

He wasn't really comparing the two. I think you just couldn't wait to bust your nut and call someone a casual, blasting in like fucking Joe Rogan on the commentary. Everyone had their heads buried in Rousey's minge before she got outclassed, and everyone sucked Aldo's dick only to discover his jaw was made papier mache. Or Dana White set it all up for big bets and pay-per-view numbers, which I'm inclined to believe.
>>
>>820277

You don't just fucking try to judo takedown a boxer, needle dick.

>Holm didn't allow it.
>>
File: 1449809239401.gif (1 MB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
1449809239401.gif
1 MB, 260x146
>>820904
>You don't just fucking try to judo takedown a boxer
And you don't just fucking try to punch a TKD practitioner.
>>
>>820195

Stick to your wwe
>>
>>820904
What you said is still retarded. Stick to mandrama.
>>
>>819940
"Everyone'th got a plan till they punched in the mouf."
>>
File: mcgregor vs aldo slomo.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mcgregor vs aldo slomo.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
To all the dipshits saying this was rigged
>>
>>820919
>TKD
>post kickboxer

topkek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNxaNAm_fWQ
nvm the title, the guys actually have TKD printed on their gis
>>
>>821055

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPNoGhdhKyw
>>
>>820919

end yourself.
>>
>>821044
See >>819998 and >>819999
>>
>>821303
Those posts are why I posted the .webm. Seriously watch it closely
>>
that isnt a fair assessment.
aldo didnt "play" much if at all
>>
>>821380
>that isnt a fair assessment.
I agree. We'd need to make at least 1,000 clones, and analyze the 1,000 fights to get an idea of an assessment.
>>
>>821349
Practice makes perfect.
>>
File: Dennis-Siver_1743.jpg (32 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Dennis-Siver_1743.jpg
32 KB, 600x400
Everything Conor Mcgregor predicted has come true.

Everything except for Dennis Siver not making it out of the second round.

Dennis Siver defies fate.

Dennis Siver is 2nd GOAT.
>>
File: 1417835674387.png (161 KB, 423x516) Image search: [Google]
1417835674387.png
161 KB, 423x516
>>820031
>5'11
>not a manlet
>>
>>819998
>>819999
You're fucking stupid. Go find you a trap thread, faggot.
>>
>>820016
You sound like every other casual mother fucker who says he's going to lose every fight. Edgar won't see the 2nd round. He's too small.
>>
>>820050
13 seconds is a hell of an excuse, idiot. Anybody with half a brain could see that Aldo didn't even need to be in there. He's your typical Brazilian. On a roll until he can't do ped's anymore.
>>
>>821303
What's it like being retarded?
>>
>>819940
Aldo ran onto that hand. He fucking ran onto that goddamn hand.

I was actually fucking hyped up by that intro.

Here's looking forward to the Edgar vs McGregor.
>>
>>819940
mcgregor looks kinda like a half man half spider here
>>
>>819974
"4chan - my personal blogging space"
>>
File: IMMIGRANTS.jpg (102 KB, 716x715) Image search: [Google]
IMMIGRANTS.jpg
102 KB, 716x715
>>825015
fuck off cunt that was a good read
go back to chinkland the man can do what he wants
>>
>>819989
Nice b8
>>
File: aldo.png (923 KB, 789x602) Image search: [Google]
aldo.png
923 KB, 789x602
>>821349

I watched it serveral times..

Why the hell does a professional fighter runs foreward like on the pic?

I mean just look at his left hand, what is he doing? And after running into punching range with his guard at his shorts he attacks with an slow motion haymaker swing which leaves him completely open..

Common, that's staged as fuck.
>>
File: btfo in 13.jpg (59 KB, 640x904) Image search: [Google]
btfo in 13.jpg
59 KB, 640x904
>>
>>819940
Would a rigged fight be closed that fast though ? If you were to rig a fight, wouldn't you ask the prepared loser to do so only in the second round for instance, so that at least it looked like there was some opposition before ?
If you rig a fight but the guy doesn't defend himself at all and let himself be punched or the other way around, if you instruct him not to attack at all, it would look just too weird, it needs to look like a real fight for a bit to fool the rigging.

Meanwhile, plenty of fights have been settled in a couple of punch only, losing very fast isn't unheard at all.
>>
>>825485
he's going for a dutchie. Don't be so salty, Aldo got fucked. I wanted Aldo to win but it's clear he got owned
>>
>Also is the more well rounded fighter
>McGregor is the more dynamic striker
>Aldo got caught
>McGregor executed a perfect counter
If Aldo survived that straight the fight would've been a contest of grit vs technique. To be clear I'm a fan of both of them but I got Aldo in the rematch Brazilians are all about respect and bravado which Conor knew so he constantly belittled him making him the bull.
>>
>>825718
Kinda annoying seeing people buy into the whole "he's special" bullshit bottom line is he's a great fighter who belongs in the top 10 of both divisions but I don't see him beating Pettis, Cerrone or Khabib easily if at all. Anjos is a mystery to me so I'll leave him out.
>>
>>821080
>koreans
>fighting in korea
>muay thai vs tkd

sure thing kid.
>>
>>821044
look how mcgregor slaps the right hand away so Aldo can't bring it back to block then POW
>>
>>820223
are you fuckin serious - have you seen a replay of the punch?? its lands square on Aldos face!!
>>
>>825718
>Brazilians are all about respect and bravado
kek
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXkAgH9crQY JOHN CENA
>>
>>825825
>how mcgregor slaps the right hand away so Aldo can't bring it back to block
Nigga, McGregor parried Aldo's right straight punch, so it's basically a block, but it has the advantage of making your opponent's arm fly away in the process, but it also adds damage to your opponent's forearm or hand when done speedily and with your forearm.
Do you even striking, family?
>>
Jose Aldo hadn't fought in well over a year. He comes back and suddenly gets his clock cleaned by a straight left when McGregor was hopping backwards and didn't load up the punch with his hips at all.

Did we just witness Jose Aldo's first fight off steroids?
>>
>>826083
>McGregor was hopping backwards and didn't load up the punch with his hips at all.
Precision beats power.
Timing Beats Speed.
>>
>>825599
>Would a rigged fight be closed that fast though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF_kEtYlfBc
>>
my question is, why does this constitute a "knockout"? Clearly the dude is still able to fight, he gets up less than a minute later. Have 'em go at it again.

is MMA always this retarded? I thought it was supposed to be actual fighting, not like boxing.
>>
>>826232
>why does this constitute a "knockout"?
Because he was rendered unable to control his physical body after the punch. He literally dropped, knocked out. After that, McGregor continued to hammer fist Aldo's head. If McGregor just kept beating on at Aldo's head for a while, Aldo would've eventually died with cerebral hemorrhages and swelling of the brain.
>>
ONE PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH
>>
>>819953
>>819957
>>819964
>>819967
>>819969

pls stop samefag
>>
>>819984
Bottom line is Aldo had/has the skill set to prevent the KO, McGregor plays an excellent mental game though and got to him. Plain and simple.
>>
>>823394
>>820016

I have to agree, I don't think Edgar will beat him but I do think he'll give McGregor a good fight. Height and reach isn't everything though so please don't sound like a causal yourself but making retarded comments like that.
>>
>>825696
This. Please stop with the rigging shit, Aldo let Conor under his skin and he made mistakes. That's it.
>>
>>819955
>>819944
always bet on danas new shiny toy/new hyped draw
>>
>>826083

This was also his first fight after the IV ban. He might not have rehydrated properly. That BR just ate 5 years of brain damage.
>>
>>826282
That skill set worked pretty well for 12 seconds.
>>
kek I honestly can't even see the knockout punch, it was so fucking fast the other dude still connected a punch after he was toast
>>
>>820017
Conor is going to be fighting on UFC 200 barring an injury
>>
>>829308
dana is literally putting all his eggs in one basket isnt he?
>>
File: goodnightsleepyronda.jpg (405 KB, 1280x1594) Image search: [Google]
goodnightsleepyronda.jpg
405 KB, 1280x1594
He earned that cover
>>
>>820309
this, you can't hate him for ko'ing everyone and making a good show, He is arrogant as fuck tho
>>
>>829864
Being arrogant involves overestimating one's own abilities.
Given that he's won so much, is he really overestimating his abilities, or does he just know he's good?
>>
>>829808
Why isn't Holly on the cover?
>>
Aldo telegraphed, one of the worse boxing mistakes you can do. You could see the fake feint coming a mile away, mcgregor had the reflexes to catch him.
>>
>>829864
>He is arrogant as fuck tho

It's called selling the fight
>>
>>829895
Rhonda and McGregor are meme fighters
>>
>>826232
Because in a real fight, when you knock someone out, you let them take ten seconds as a breather before you attack them again, you don't just wail on them while they're on the ground.
>>
>>826232

Yes they should fight until one of them gets legitimate brain damage. Only then should the fight be stopped.

PS: Aldo may have been "fine" a few minutes later but he was legit knocked out and it gives you temporary amnesia.
>>
As much as I hate how crazy the casuals are going over this I'm kind of happy that happened.

In a division full of wrestlers Aldo reigned as king because he couldn't be taken down.

Now the title of the takedown division is being held by a man with a so so ground game and a take down defense that couldn't stop a winded Mendes.

This is going to be fun.
>>
>>834870
>doubting conor's MOVEMENT
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.