[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the year of losing champs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: cerfgvwergv334.jpg (234 KB, 800x639) Image search: [Google]
cerfgvwergv334.jpg
234 KB, 800x639
Is this the year of losing champs?
>>
>>819843
Yea
>>
cant believe Weidman fuckin lost
>>
>>819894
weidman had a major error with that spin kick. BUT Rockhold show how much better he is at cage wrestling then weidman that was the real game changer. Weidman was winning the stand up. Rockhold nulled that with better scramble counters and then finally better cage wrestling to finish.
>>
>>819894
Can't believe people actually thought he would beat Luke
>>
>>819921
he could have and there was a few times the momentum was for Weidman. Rockhold was getting damage and slowly fatiguing from the liver kicks Weidman was doing to him, the huge momentum shift was the spinning hook kick that Weidman did and that Luke use to critically counter and harm Weidman. But Weidman was more then winning a lot of the striking exchange.

Luke was more then winning the majority of the grappling exchanges and had the killer instinct to exploit a fatal error Weidman did. Hate talking with what ifs, BUT if Weidman didn't get greedy with that hook kick, He could have kept damaging and forcing Luke to gas out Rd 5 and hope for a TKO or majority dec.

But again i hate thinking in what ifs.
>>
>>819915
Stand up was pretty even overall m8

Rockhold dominated early, and Weidman picked it up a little toward the end, but nowhere near how well rockhold was doing earlier
>>
>>819927
In terms of stand up i could see how it could be seen as even. BUT in my mind's eye Weidman landed the more damaging kicks and punches. During the stand up phase Rockhold was better at the clinch (i really liked how he threaten and nullified Weidman's offense with several snap down into guillotine threats and using a cross face to feint or threat with Muay thai knees) you could even hear Rockhold's corner yell out for the knees, but Rockhold didn't really launch any.

Anyway i am drunk and rambly but standup Weidman had the better strikes, Rockhold the better stand up positions/clinches.
>>
both champions weren't even hungry

LR and CM were coming in good compared to the former champs, they got into their cool aid further, determined and quiet > we see this time and time again, from pac to may too
>>
>>819925
Couldnt agree more m8
>>
>>819932
I think Weidman had the "oh fuck this guy is beating me up" after the first guillotine attempt. and he was mentally breaking after the 2nd, after the fail spin kick he was mentally broken and that was why he was afraid to engage round 4.
>>
>>819936
they both got the "champion's" gloss in their eyes, weidman didn't take luke serious, he underestimated him, sucks because most were rooting for him

you just have to have that mentality too, this is like apparent in most fights i've seen, the hungrier always gets an extra edge
>>
Yeah
>>
>>819921

Here come the after timers
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.