[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the chances of the UWM actually taking off and becoming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1440849652244.jpg (196 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1440849652244.jpg
196 KB, 1500x1000
What are the chances of the UWM actually taking off and becoming a success?
>>
>>818242
Why don't we just take HEMA style competition and open it up to any weapon/style, not just European?
>>
the suits are dumbly designed and dont have proper protection
>>
I think it'll be like what death matches with no way out would look like.
Like if the winner were to have eternal luxury and comfort, and the loser to have eternal suffering.
They're able to fight balls out.
>>
I hope it doesn't take off. It looks nothing like weaponed fights. It looks like two LARPers hitting each other with safe weapons. They're just wearing FUUUTUUURE safety gear and fighting with rubber knives and plastic staffs.

It's a solution looking for a problem. There's no reason for it. We have good systems of competition for weapons and safety equipment to match it.

It's the same thing with M-1.
>>
Why can't people just fight with dull blades ?

Seriously at worst you'll break your bones, even climbing is more dangerous than that.
>>
Retarded shit like every other weapon based fighting that pretends to be "real" but never practices real fights due to the risk of lethal injury.
>>
>>819215
many dull blades can still cut, if you hit someone in the head with a blunt sword its a trip to the hospital at the least
>>
>>819215
There's also eye and head injuries. The main reason is flexibility even without a point a sword or knife will easily break bones and fuck up muscle (intercostal especially) just from being a hard strike from a small area of pressure.

Anyway just like every time I see that picture I'm gonna write

Hit detection software interesting and good!

All weapon sports can be judged by their hand protection. Fingerless gloves bad!
>>
>>818242

It's gonna be the future. Fuck any other weapon based sport because this is going to shit all over it.
>>
>>819215
>Why can't people just fight with dull blades ?
You can cut with a dull blade, no problem, plus you develop a lot of momentum. Someone trained in swordsmanship will kill you easily with a blunt steel blade or even with a quarterstaff.
>>
>>818242
makes me wonder if the idiots who use developed that shit ever fought in their lives. there is an over the top amount of armor on everywhere except the fucking fingers.

that's the kind of stuff you get when you put a bunch of virgins with no experience on anything to develop a sport. fucking cunts.
>>
>>819312
dont russians have wars in full plate even with maces and axes allowed? never head of anyone dying on that
>>
>>819215
>What is HEMA

Seriously, this UWM has no reason to exist.
>>
>>818273
It's not just european. It also featured some Kali sticks so it's probably open to any weapon style.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.