[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Surfing-PIPE MASTERS edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: surfing.jpg (460 KB, 1247x790) Image search: [Google]
surfing.jpg
460 KB, 1247x790
Pipe Masters is due to begin in 1 and a half hour.
What do you expect? Do you want somebody to win?
I watched the "you can't script this" ad in the WSL site and noticed that there is (and this is unfortunately not a joke) a fantasy surf option in the site. Just a reminder that you can rig any competition.

How do you think the waves are going to be?
I don't usually watch surfing tour but I want to watch the pipe masters and it would be nice if we had a thread going. The surfing generals don't get much attention however.

link for live streaming: http://www.worldsurfleague.com/events/2015/mct/1317/billabong-pipe-masters/live
>>
File: pipe_2015.jpg (50 KB, 555x286) Image search: [Google]
pipe_2015.jpg
50 KB, 555x286
Was going to make a thread here but looks like we are alone here m9

This is one epic final though.
>>
>>814148
no worries, I posted a link to stabmagazine and they know what's good.
>>
>>814148
do you find the interviews boring and similar??
>>
>>814152
look at Gabriel Medina he is stoned!
>>
>>814152
Yeah I just tuned in. So whats happening? when is heat 1?
>>
>>814154
it's going to come around now, it's just the pre-show "interviews"

I just want to watch Hawaii surfed, otherwise I wouldn't bother really, they are trying to make another fun activity boring and into a "sport".
>>
But do you have a favourite? Have you been keeping up? It seems so.
>>
>>814155
Yeah I feel ya. I was never really in this sport thing as well

I started watching only last year mainly because Medina made WSL so popular here in Brazil that a lot of my friends were watching.

After watching soem heats I was actually surprised of how fun it gets sometimes. It just feels like the right time now that our soccer is so shit.
>>
>>814161
Based Felipe 2bh
>>
>>814162
kek, if the stabfigs do drop by there will be a shitstorm against brazilians. The comment section there makes you feel as if they belonged in 4chan, they 're just as bad as anyone else!

Yeah I know that Brazilians are the up and coming force in surfing, it seems pretty natural, you have a big coastline in the Atlantic and if you want to surf the Pacific, it's not like you have to cross many borders, you can go there by land.
>>
>>814169
Whats this some strayan forum?
>>
>>814172
stabmagazine?
it actually is I think, it's a magazine printed in Australia if I remember correctly and it has a big site as well.
>>
was that it??? I thought they 'd show the trials or whatever...
>>
ok, so today without doubt we 're going to see some surfing, is anyone up to?
>>
It's starting, get in here!!
>>
SURF LOOK GOOD VINCE!
>>
>>815288
fuck ye m8 12-15 feet shits` goin` down!
im cheering for adriano, I'm brazilian and he has been around for a long time, I think he really deserves it.
but Mick has a bigger chance and the event I think that Owen is going to own it
>>
>>815515
fuck it, I 'm just glad the surf is excellent.
>>
>>815521
are we about to see a beatdown in the first heats?
>>
>>815527
what do you think about SUnny Garcia?
>>
File: Mayor.jpg (47 KB, 642x421) Image search: [Google]
Mayor.jpg
47 KB, 642x421
>tfw nobody is chasing waves
>>
what the fuck is going on there
>>
>>815543
bunch of bitches, the whole lot of them
>>
OOHHHHH DID YOU SEE THAT??
>>
ok, I got my favourite, I go with COlapinto
>>
Mason Ho's drop, did you see it?
>>
How do you like it so far?
>>
seriously, hop the fuck in
>>
I like it that it's cloudy.
SO yesterday were the trials? for what?
>>
>>816779
for the 2 spots left on the main event...
>>
>>815515
well that really didn't go well for owen, did it?
>>
>>816811
oh I didn't know. I 'm not following the tour. So Mason Ho was one, who was the 2nd?

>>816813
did he suffer a concussion? I think that;s what they said.
>>
>>816816
owen wright broke some ribs yesterday surfing pipe after the invitational was over, so mason ho, who was third place on the event took his place...
first place was jack robinson and second was JOB
>>
>>816821
who do you support?
do you surf? and where?
>>
LEL, this is so rigged, the horn went off clearly after Dusty Payne dropped in.
>>
>>816833
yeah I don't know whats up with that, but not rigged though, doesn't make sense making mason ho go through if he isn't even a part of the fantasy league.....
>>
>>816834
you know how it is, it's sponsorships vs. sponshorships in a non regulated by the outside sport.
I don't know if it actually was rigged, but it's not that upsetting really.
>>
>>816828
I would be thrilled if any of the contenders made it...
would be cool to see mick 4 times world champ
would be cool to see medina making the comeback from the horrible season beginning
would be awesome to see adriano, he really deserves it
would be awesome to see toledo, youngest wolrd champ if that's the case
would be awesome to see julian as he fucking RIPS
but I'm mostly cheering for any of the brazzos
I've been surfing for 9 years now, mostly in Brazil, in the south of the country (because it's where I live). But I made some cool surf trips to Cali and Baja too
>>
>>816838
>I've been surfing for 9 years now, mostly in Brazil, in the south of the country (because it's where I live). But I made some cool surf trips to Cali and Baja too

I am jelly.
>>
>>816839
for all non surfers I say go for it, I tried it once when I was younger and very afraid of the sea, which made me even more scared so I gave up quickly...but when I got older, like 15, I made some friends that were really into it and I started trying again, it took me a while to really start surfing, like two years I've only went into the ocean and stayed on the outside watching other people, but after that I've gotten more and more confident and today I'm fucking in love with the sport, it's the best for me, when I'm in the ocean I don't think about anything else... it feels really refreshing for the mind and body
>>
>>816847
it's not that I 'm afraid, it's not even that I live in a non hot-wave area, it's the money. I 've been swimming since I was a little kid and waves were always the best part of me going to the beach.

And I 'm happy for you mate.

I 'm glad for you
>>
File: skateven.jpg (52 KB, 390x373) Image search: [Google]
skateven.jpg
52 KB, 390x373
TAJ BURROW IS ON

Do you think he can make it? I like him a lot!
>>
>>817921
welp, Brett Simpson put a heavy burdain on that
>>
Toledo is kicking major ass. Iron's ass to be exact.
>>
GO TAJ
>>
it's official, the brazzos know how to read waves.
>>
Get bent Brett
>>
Brazilian coastline basicly offers small or middle size waves. Brazilians in WCT in 90's and 00's had a historic problem with big waves.
>>
>>818022
that didn't stop Toledo and de Souza from riding only good waves in the first two heats.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.