[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After training for a few years, my punches and kicks now go "through"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 3965-1.jpg (475 KB, 1200x1109) Image search: [Google]
3965-1.jpg
475 KB, 1200x1109
After training for a few years, my punches and kicks now go "through" the Thai pads. They hurt the guy holding, he's worrying about his bones and joints and doesn't want to play with me anymore, basically.

What's the next step? I almost broke my fingers on the heavy bag because I punched too hard (fist sunk in too much - ouch). What about wall pads? How to stuff my bag so it becomes harder?
>>
>>810524
Sounds like you're ready to train with King Kai.
>>
>>810524
>What's the next step?
>>
The objective isn't trying to punch as hard as you can it's to try to punch or kick with enough force to accomplish what you are trying to do focus now on speed since it sounds like you are slow as fuck
>>
>>810532
Punches were clocked at ~19m/s. So I'm very fast. 20 years of Internal Kung Fu and Karate/Kickboxing.

Not fast on my feet doe. I move like a cow in quicksand.
>>
You punch too hard on the heavy bag? Maybe wear some gloves or something if you aren't, literally every great fighter in the past 100 years has used heavy bags for training so idk what you're doing wrong
>>
>>810539
Lol movement is the most important part faggot
>>
>>810532
So 3 years actual training. Soubds like you're good for newbie competition
>>
>>810524
>I punch really hard give me your validation: The thread

Sounds like you're just a dumb fuck. The goal isn't to punch and kick as super-duper hard as you can like a mindless chad, it's to work on your technique.
Evidently you don't grasp this because you've said yourself you're slow on your feet.

tl;dr stop punching so hard, it's needless, purpose-defeating and the dude holding your pads probably wants you to die
>>
>>810890
Bruce lee stuffed his bag with gravel.
>>
>>810993
You should be punching as hard as you can while also maintaining proper technique.
muh 1 body punch TKO and what not.
>Kyokushin Karate body punch TKO.gif
>>
>>810524
welcome to my world op.

i keep breaking my fingers on the punching bags because i punch so hard i break peoples arms.
>>
>>811092
>implying implications
>>811167
You're a big shitposter
>>
>>810526
Underrated post
>>
Maybe your hits go through the pads because after years of continuous use they have become worn.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.