[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGs mQ2PBzpQ >Ambrose got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGsmQ2PBzpQ
>Ambrose got CORPUS FUCKING CHRISTI to pop
>still get's put aside for a Reigns push
Is there any logic to this at all or does WWE just hate money?
>>
WWE isn't booked to make money, it's booked to amuse Vince McMahon
>>
>>808250
Sadly this
>>
reminder that reigns is the #2 merch seller
>>
>>808272
Because he's the only guy getting pushed as a top face. Anyone who get's that push will sell merch no matter how much of a draw they are because that's how marks work.
>>
>>808272
And all it took was for WWE to keep Punk & Bryan from working then give Reigns the strongest overprotected push since Warrior
>>
>>808272
probably Vince himself buying all the merch
>>
>>808249
>against seth
thats why
>>
>>808272
>you should sacrifice your storytelling due to merch sales
>>
>>808272
Probably because he's literally the only guy on TV for more than 15 minutes
>>
>>808272
Source?
>>
>>808272
It's rigged just like what Punk said, they make many Reigns merchandise while reducing others.
What a really stupid way to do business.
>>
>>808272
If you have the most merch to sell, have the most merch kept in stock at house shows, and are pushed the most to the lowest common denominator while other wrestlers' merch is stocked to a minimum, it's pretty easy.
>>
>>808353
That's why it's impressive, more like.
Getting the crowd to react whilst you're in a segment with Seth is miracle-work.
>>
>>808249
he's more the next Steve Austin for the next whatever era than what everyone hoped Punk would be desu
>>
>>808468
>>808462
yet when it was ambrose , i bet you had no problems with that.
>>
>>808500
Because Ambrose did it organically whereas Roman has been more-or-less forced into the role? Duh.
I don't even care about merch sales Roman OR Dean but cmon m8 that's a no-brainer.
>>
>>808500
Ambrose sold more merch than Reigns with half the push
>>
Ambrose is one of the worst guys on the roster. Hardcore champion at best in 90's era WWF.

Botches half his moves then throws in that stupid fucking fall into the middle rope and bounce back move.
>>
>>808518
>half the push
he was the first guy to feud with rollins after pissing off everybody, betraying the shield and selling out, rollins was getting super heat.
>>
>>808545
Not him but they had an upper-card sub-ME feud and they both lit it up and got very over in their roles.
But they never got Roman's ACTUAL ME Top Guy literal Face-of-the-company push.
>>
>>808478
>smarks
other than ambrose going bald/shaving his head thats all they have in common.
>>
>>808478
>he's more the next Steve Austin

Can people stop saying this? It's an insult to Austin.
>>
>>808535

He's not a top wrestler, but I'd have Ambrose as the single best talker in WWE. That's above Cena, Bray, and if you really pushed me I'd have him above Heyman.

That gives you the crowd connection, that makes you fun to watch, and that's why he's over as fuck.
>>
File: 8ab.jpg (53 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
8ab.jpg
53 KB, 640x640
>>808605
> its an insult to Austin
>>
>>808605
IIRC Austin himself said he sees a lot of his character in Ambrose. A family friendly version at least.

He was however apparently "not exactly happy" with Sheamus doing the 3.16 thing on Raw.
>>
>>808272
Before the Rollins injury Ambrose was #2 and i didnt even know he had merch t b h f a m
>>
>>808624
Ambrose has a ton of merch. He's not over-pushed like Roman but fans love him and eat his shit up.
Last year during Summer he got fucking monster over with 'AAAMBROSE' chants in unrelated segments.
Can't really be surprised Roman gradually usurped him in merch because Dean has been wholly painted as Roman's little bitch; if anything I'm impressed Dean maintained his lead for this long.
I mean isn't he supposed to be building a feud with KO for the PPV later this month yet his last two appearances have been as Roman's lackey?
>>
>>808627
>I mean isn't he supposed to be building a feud with KO for the PPV later this month yet his last two appearances have been as Roman's lackey?
Yeah, but it apparently got axed because Roman needed to ride on Ambrose's popularity some more.

They're looking to groom Owens for Lesnar now apparently.
>>
>>808632
>They're looking to groom Owens for Lesnar now apparently.

I really, REALLY hope this doesn't happen.
It goes to show how bad the booking in the WWE is that the instant another Heel shows up and gets remotely strong or even just non-chickenshit booking people are all "CLASH OF THE TITANS LESNAR FEUD NOW".
He'd look like an absolute joke in there with Lesnar. I mean Seth looked fine and he's not big by any means but he at least went for the "evasive quick dude" stuff. Owens is booked as a brute so being with someone who so thoroughly out-sizes him will just make him hilariously ineffectual.
>>
>>808638

Owens can be chickenshit, and if they were in a no DQ match he could seem believable if he fought VERY dirty, but point taken. He is best booked as a bully. I'd rather see him dismantle Ziggler and Zayn than try to seem believable in a standard match against Lesnar.
>>
>>808250
This more or less. No one is writing to satisfy the fans, everyone is writing the books for Vince's approval. chances are everyone know that it should be Ambrose riding the rocket, but Vince is so high on Roman for some reason and to go "no boss I think this isn't a good idea, we should push Dean, the fans love him, even the ones we have a hard time getting" would be cut off at the 'no boss' as they descend into the firey death pit under the chair in vince mcmahon board room Dr. Evil style
>>
>>808632
>F5 vs F-Cinq
>Moonsault vs Shooting Star Press

OH JESUS
>>
>>808605
>smarks
>>
>>808250
Pretty much this.
Vince doesn't care what fans want, or if it makes money. He will push who he wants, no matter how shit they may be.
>>
>>808272
He's literally being pushed as Cena 2.0. Not really a surprise. Kids are starting to flock to him.
>>
>>808283
Not to mention guys like Orton, Cesaro etc getting hurt. Or just straight up buried to stop them from getting over. See Cesaro and Ambrose as proof of this.
>>
>>808250
>ahahaha THIS
#1 tip to spot a reddior
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 744x744) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 744x744
>>809094
>Cesaro
>Ambrose
>legitimately buried
Yeah okay
>>
>>809099
who is this boner inducer?
>>
>>809099
who is this semen simian
>>
>>809099
Who is this dicksie chick?
>>
>>809099
who is this drip nip
>>
>>809099
>cesaro
>not buried
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O52dhbymgks
>>
>>809166
dayum
>>
>>809099
Cesaro was over as fucks a few months ago. Then for some odd reason was jobbed out for like a month straight. Pretty much killed his momentum. Ambrose was also pretty over, than fed to Bray and basically just made Reigns little buddy.
>>
>>809226
>for some odd reason was jobbed out for like a month straight.
my guess is his tag partner had his neck broken and creative was like "shit what do we do"

i mean you can't even give him a victory over sheamus or jimmy uso without deflating that wrestler's stock heading into a title match
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.