[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently started training at a "striking academy",
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: olympictaekwondo.jpg (18 KB, 425x305) Image search: [Google]
olympictaekwondo.jpg
18 KB, 425x305
I recently started training at a "striking academy", and on certain days we spare. I have done "points sparing" plenty of times during my tae kwon do and kyuki-do training. Both opponents always wear chest guards. This gym is a bit more geared towards training with the goal of setting up fights. They spar with leg pads, boxing gloves, and probably head gear in a kickboxing style. I have points spared in tournaments before, but I don't really have any interest in getting in a ring with anyone else in a "fight" type of capacity. I like sparing a lot because it is a great cardiovascular and strength training workout and it keeps you on your toes. I recently took a kick to the ribs that is still a bit sore. I know what it feels like to get hit and kicked. I'd rather avoid the lasting pains if possible. Do you think it would be poor form to wear my chest guard while sparing even though I'm the only one in the gym doing it?
>>
You could just stop being a pussy.
>>
>>808225
do you think taking and dealing with the lasting affects of getting hit makes you a better fighter, or are you just trying to be tough?
>>
>>808238
Rather than have yourself stand out and seem more like an outsider to the pack, which will have lasting effects (as minor as they may be), you could just spar like a sport fighter and gain the benefits of training to actually fight, rather than waste the potential by using the handicap of a chest protector.
>>
>>808238
>>808255
so.. switch gyms then?
>>
>>808224
>Do you think it would be poor form to wear my chest guard while sparing even though I'm the only one in the gym doing it?

if you don't mind your fight m8s thinking you are a bitch then do it.
>>
they will think you're injured

they will ask you how you got injured and when you say you're not they'll think less of you and think less of TKD
>>
>>808224
If you've taken back kicks with a hogu, how is it hard to take shin rh without it? I mean seriously, do you see how thick their shinguards are?
>>
>>808265
you can either be a pussy and switch gyms (you should probaby just quit MA's at that point), or keep going and taking the shots. Over time you will become tougher and the shots won't hurt as much any more. You've just got a pussy fuccboi's body right now because point sparring is for queers; soon you will have a hard as fuck fighter's body that can take any shot from faggots on the street without even noticing.
>>
>>808224
Let me begin my one man crusade to take back /asp/ from rasslefaggots

OP, you are a fag. I don't know if you've ever even trained for the olympic tkd you pic represents. I'm 9/10 sure that's from the 04 gold medal match. That jump back wheel kick knocked blue the fuck out.

Honestly, the harder they kick you, the more obvious it should be. start by jamming their kicks and working your way up

Or just fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>808305
I am injured though. I have bruised ribs that makes it painful to breathe for over a week. What's the point of going through that just so I can appear a little tougher in front of people who are acquaintances at best? I don't really see the point in dealing with pain if I am not training for the purpose of actual fighting.
>>
>>808520
I guess this is what I am asking. If it actually always hurts this bad if you get hit then I don't have any interest, but if dealing with the pain is just a period I go through in my training then maybe it's something worth dealing with.
>>
>>808522
> TKD
truly the most faggoty of all martial arts.

Gaykwanlol was invented when an alcoholic chinaman had had enough of his demented pet monkey raping his daughter and stealing hus radishes so one day he decided to hit it over the head with a shovel.
He then recorded the hapless creature's leg spasms and aimless jumping around and dancing, which evolved into what is now known as Taekwondo aka the gayest of all fighting styles

this is our board now faggot, dont even bother replying
Just go
>>
>>808530
i see shivvy diggy is still here
>>
>>808522
you make no sense
TKD train with hogu.
Why am I a fag for wanting to train with hogu?
>>
>>808529
you toughen up over time bro, we all start out brittle, especially if you're a skinny fag. fat guys at least get some fat padding.
>>
>>808536
What. im not one your beta aspie poster friends that got tired of getting bullied everyday so decided to binge on karate kid and kickboxer everyday until he was big enough to kick his bully in the nuts like 95 per cent of the weedy faggots on this board

I told you not to reply
Go dance in the moonlight or whatever you Taekhomo pussies do
>>
>>808539
Because hogu's really just diffuse pain instead of dull it

If you think it dulls it, then you certainly have never gone far in TKD.

Not to mention in TKD you can start competing in tourneys the moment you start. Once you're good enough you can even compete in BB if your coach is there.
>>
>>808544
You are charming, really
>>
>>808556
I hope you arent trying to chat me up with that line, ive heard what you TKD guys are like
sorry but im a heterosexual
>>
>>808553
I said I have competed in TKD tournaments. I am well aware that hogus only diffuse pain. That is what I'm looking for. In kickboxing sparing I am taking punches to the head as well. TKD drives me crazy because they fight with their guard down. If I were to take a TKD stance in a kickboxing sparing session my opponent would punch the shit out of my face.
>>
Does anyone have that link to that video where the TKD dude wins that MMA fight?
>>
Everyone knows that you can still get knocked the fuck out in points sparring right? Just because you are wearing a hogu doesn't mean that you are not engaged in a legitimate one on one fight.
>>
>>808571
yea, pussy fags like op get knocked out in tkd point sparring.

tkd has always been a laughing stock, and will always be a laughing stock
>>
>>808541
This. I'm not even sure how OP even had this question. Of course getting hit hurts when you're not used to it, and of course the best thing to do is continue getting hit until it doesn't hurt anymore.
>>
>>808600
I had to question because I am in a lot of discomfort over a small but well delivered kick, and if it is going to hurt like this every time I get kicked like that then I don't have an interest because really I am just trying to get exercise, not train to be in fights.
>>
>>808566
Is it one of these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3GCOZAu2DU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPNoGhdhKyw
>>
>>808559
Hetero but loves seeing sweaty guys grab all over each other in a fake competition and read scripts that a butch lesion emo wrote? Ok. Totally str8. Yeah. Right.
>>
>>809557
You seem to be thinking about MMGay, i watch mandrama which isnt gay.
Just how angry must you be to go and quick reply your buttfrustration about wrestling in every thread on the front page in quick succession lad?
>>
>>809574
only mildly, mostly out of boredom. It still doesn't change the fact that I'm right. Hell, parkour and airsoft are more welcome.

"Bro did you see that fake, compliant slam,bro?"
"Dude, he totally fake slapped him!"

Steven Segall movies have better acting.
>>
>>809617
>parkour
Parkour is like martial arts when they first started out. Our branches even include purist Parkour, Free Running, and Tricking (which has a heavy gymnastics influence).
We don't have all those sub-arts like martial arts.
E.g. Western Boxing, Taekwondo, Muay Thai, Savate, Hapkido, Kyokushin, Aikido, Wing Chun, Sambo, Sanda, Blow Job Jutsu, Judo, Wrestling, Dambe, etcetera.

Parkour does in fact include a competitive sport section, though.
>>
>>808860

You'll toughen up over time, seriously. If you are still sore, stay home and heal. The minute you are ready to get hit again, go back to the gym.

It's not fair to anybody for you to walk out on the floor wearing more protective equipment than your opponents. This is not an acceptable solution to your problem.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.