[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the reasons to not have an adult themed WCW revolution,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: WCW_Logo.jpg (13 KB, 519x285) Image search: [Google]
WCW_Logo.jpg
13 KB, 519x285
What are the reasons to not have an adult themed WCW revolution, hear me out, rather then having talent wasted you could push them in a WCW uprising and if it failed then at least the superstars gained some heat, the adult theme will appeal to the people who have grown up with WCW and people who don't like the PG era.
Feel free to discuss, My writings not the best but im not a fucking poet, #WeWantWCW
>>
>>808060
Off topic but when did WCW use that logo?
>>
>>808068
their reboot on WWF tv/invasion era.
It was pretty solid, very in at that time, I think i even bought a shirt with that logo actually.
>>
>>808068
I'm not sure if wwe invented it or if it was just as the company was going under. One or the other.
>>
Outside of CzW, adult wrestling is dead now. Chair shots to the head (because of dying wrestlers) is gonna become taboo in the next 4 years.
And as Paul Heyman said, if another person never took a head shot, that would be amazing.
>>
>>808074
I'm not saying put the wrestlers at direct harm, i mean adult related promos, swearing etc.
>>
>>808078
basically most of the promotions outside of WWE is full of adult themes
>>
>>808082
so why not a wcw revival with adult themes, is the original question.
>>
>>808069
i thought it was pretty stupid at the time. better than the enormous C logo, but not anywhere near as good as the one before that

>>808078
sounds good on paper, but history has shown that if you try to treat two divisions as separate companies, but without a separate PPV, TV, and travel schedule, it get messy and goes tits up pretty quick
>>
>>808074
>no weapon shots to the head
>no DDTs
>no normal or spike piledrivers
>no brainbusters
>no punt
>no curb stomp
>no blood

Just end wrestling now t b h
>>
>>808086
I'm sure wwe could pull it off with all the money they have, and there would be ppv's etc.
>>
>>808087
See thats the thing, wrestling doesnt need that shit to thrive anymore. Take Undertaker v Shawn at WM25, probably one of the best matches in a long time. Other than the tombstone (Which is fine because Taker is 7 feet tall and can handle it) it was a great match.
Many people have gone to say that shit like ECW killed wrestling, and I actually agree with them
>>
>>808090
so there would be separate PPVs for WWE and WCW events?

i would say that competing with yourself is a horrible idea, but its not like anyone actually buys PPVs instead of subscribing to the network......

>>808092
watching taker do textbook wrestling moves is entertaining because of his deliver.

watching dolph ziggler do textbook wrestling moves? i'd rather watch him get smacked around with a chair desu
>>
>>808092
>wrestling doesnt need that shit to thrive anymore

>wrestling hasn't thrived since 2001
>while they were doing those things - business at it's best
>now they have stopped doing those things - business at it's worst
>>
>>808085
the WCW brand is still owned by WWE, and WWE has a shit record of reviving companies.
>>
>>808098
Ye separate ppv's but if wwe owns the rights to wcw then they would have nothing to lose right especially if they push there own agendas as wwe usually does.

>>808092
I duno, i like ecw as well, but the way this pg era is going i duno how much more i can take.
>>
>>808103
But wouldn't now be an opportune time, ratings dropping etc etc.

Also >>808101 This
>>
>>808101
if that was true why isnt CZW the 2nd biggest company right now?
>>
>>808103
It's not a revival neither its more like a new company like NXT
>>
>>808104
>they would have nothing to lose
most people aren't going to buy two PPVs in a month, or watch two wrestling shows on monday night. they could double their expenses without increasing profit.

but now that the network is a thing, they can look for ways to provide more content, which increases subscriptions, which increases advertising revenue. without the network it would be a terrible idea but since they have one, it could work.
>>
>>808125
Good Point, its like WCW would be separate but not interfere with the main WWE in any way, you say two wrestling shows on monday night, it doesn't have to be shown on a monday.
>>
>>808127
>it doesn't have to be shown on a monday.
right but with raw, smackdown, main event, NXT, superstars, and experience, there's already six shows a week. you can't add even two WCW shows without scheduling two shows on the same day.
>>
>thinking the people who stopped watching wrestling after WCW died will EVER come back

they've moved the fuck on, they don't watch wrestling anymore, you're not gaining a new audience
>>
>>808133
Fair Point

>>808139
I still watch it, wish i didn't though which is why i'm having this exact thread now, its just an idea to discuss right?
>>
Because WCW was mostly hot fucking garbage outside of a few undercarders. I remember when my friends and I called WheelChair Wrestling because all the mother fuckers were so old.
>>
>>808165
New Wrestlers senpai
>>
>>808119
Because CZWs production values are piss weak. LU has top notch production which gets the casuals in easier.
>>
>>808133
You could I don't know, ditch superstars?
>>
>>808167
Then what's the point of it being called WCW? You're an idiot.
>>
>>808176
Because why not, cmon man you seriously think i meant lets ring up disco inferno and fuckin raven and get the band back together.
>>
>>808179
> Because why not
Because you're using nostalgia to get a cheap pop when the new talent likely doesn't want to be associated with a dead brand. Plus the viewers who would watch it would be expecting the WCW they remember not just a WWE/TNA clone.

Same with that ECW revival, it's shit.
>>
>>808183
i get what your saying, i think this makes for good discussion though, personally i still want it to happen or even an ECW return would be welcomed back in this PG era.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.