[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for you /asp/. Should the WWE give the fans everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
Question for you /asp/. Should the WWE give the fans everything they want? Should Cena be turned heel because some fans are booing him? Should Ryder and Cesaro have gotten bigger pushes? Should Reigns be dropped down to a midcarder? At what point should creative just say fuck it and put the world title on someone like Ryder just to see where his world title run would go?
>>
Nah, they should keep doing whatever Vince wants, it's only shrunken his audience by 70% in 15 years
>>
>>807143
>Should Cena be turned heel because some fans are booing him?
No. He's already a heel to half the audience. A turn is irrelevant.

>Should Ryder and Cesaro have gotten bigger pushes?
Yes. Burying someone because they got over is nonsense and they should be looking for any opportunity to make stars.

>Should Reigns be dropped down to a midcarder?
Yes and let him have a run with a midcard title to see how people respond and then react accordingly.

>At what point should creative just say fuck it and put the world title on someone like Ryder just to see where his world title run would go?
When should they put the title on someone who is essentially a jobber now? Never.
>>
>>807144
this desu senpai baka
>>
>>807143
No, he is a super face that is also the face of the company.

No because the IWC has shit taste. They're both boring. Put Sandow on that list as well.

Yes because the fans are determined not to accept him and it's obvious why. I tried giving him a chance, but this booking makes me want to shoot myself. HE. BEAT. FOUR. DUDES. BY. HIMSELF.

>At what point should creative just say fuck it and put the world title on someone like Ryder just to see where his world title run would go?
So just put the title on Adam Rose? Why would they do that?
>>
>>807147
This is a smart post.
I expected worse from you, /asp/.
>>
Sure seeing as it's not real anyway :^)
>>
>>807154
> Cesaro is boring

lol imagine parroting the opinions of an insane out-of-touch septuagenarian who thinks Reigns is the next big thing and that December to December was an excellent show with an excellent finish
>>
Burying Ryder was a good thing for the product as a whole and one of the few times they've actually been right in choosing to kill a star's heat rather than capitalizing on it.
>>
>>807147
>>807154
Bradshaw was more or less a lower midcarder for life before he became JBL. Same shit with Mark Henry. Absolutely no one would have thought they would have made credible champions being at the tail end of their careers, but they both pulled it off.
>>
>>807147
I agree with you but for me BOTH Cesaro and Reigns should never be higher on the card then upper midcarders bc they are both shit on the mic desu. I also agree the IWC doesnt have great taste, and turning Cena heel would be dumb now.
>>
File: autism-294x260.jpg (27 KB, 294x260) Image search: [Google]
autism-294x260.jpg
27 KB, 294x260
>>807172
>anyone with an opinion differing from mine is wrong
>>
>>807172
What's Cesaros character? How is he interesting?

So many /woo/tists in this thread
Vince should listen to fans, but not the IWC
>>
>>807173
Yeah, it was really good for the locker room's morale
>>
>>807180
> blindly agreeing with Cranky!Vince

>>807181
> how is Cesaro interesting

Because he's one of the best fucking wrestlers on the planet

It's why he got more and more over in his match with Reigns while the crowd increasingly turned against BBYGURL
>>
>>807187
Ryder is a garbage wrestler and a garbage talker. He didn't get over because he put in work as a wrestler, he got over because of his meme show on YouTube.

His entire character was literally "woo woo woo, you know it"
>>
>>807192
Such a bad a wrestler that he was specifically picked to be a player coach for rookies in NXT?

> gog over because of meme

O - P - I - N - I - O - N | D - I - S - C - A - R - D - E - D
>>
>>807181
Literally every fan not living in the desert is a member of the IWC by now, you dip.
>>
>>807191
Being a good technical wrestling isn't fucking interesting to a lot of people. It's fucking boring. Who cares?
>>
File: Autism.jpg (41 KB, 643x384) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
41 KB, 643x384
>>807191
>making wild assumptions
>implying i don't think cesaro has no gimmick
>implying he just doesn't entertain me
>implying I watch wwe for the matches
>not being able to accept an opinion different than your own
>>
>>807196
> implying technical wrestling

Yeah, massive feats of strength NEVER get over in WWE

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC6SJ4_bCIY
>>
>>807198
> watching wwe for anything but the matches

Imagine being this dumb and thinking you can throw shade at anybody else's brainpower
>>
File: 1.png (95 KB, 232x292) Image search: [Google]
1.png
95 KB, 232x292
>>807205
lel
>>807198
He's got you there, fampai
>>
>>807202
>www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC6SJ4_bCIY
Too bad Cesaro hasn't done a massive feat of strength in a while
>>
>>807205
>he watches wrestling for the matches
LMAO
>>
>>807216
He carried Reigns to match that wasn't a total joke ^_^
>>
File: 1.jpg (33 KB, 599x461) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
33 KB, 599x461
>>807219
lol yeah i bet he watches movies for the movie and plays games for the game too the absolute madman lol
>>
>>807222
WHEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>807219
> he watches kung-fu movies for the plot
>>
>>807226
>he watches kung-fu movies
lmao
>>807224
wrestling can't really work without storylines bro, i can't just watch matches i dont give a shit about that i dont know the story behind
>>
>>807227
> he thinks "storylines" are overlong talky segments
>>
>>807226
Not even that. He's watching them for the cover art on the DVD case.
>>
File: lol faggot.jpg (12 KB, 331x334) Image search: [Google]
lol faggot.jpg
12 KB, 331x334
>>807193
>O - P - I - N - I - O - N | D - I - S - C - A - R - D - E - D
>>
>>807227
Matches have inbuilt story. Storytelling is an integral part of the art of wrestling.
If you need weeks of talking and comedy skits and quasi- soap opera drivel by failed NBC writers to make you care about a match (because that's all that shit is for at the end of the day; hyping the actual WRESTLING part), the guys involved probably aren't very good wrestlers. And you could probably do better watching another form of televised entertainment than wrestling.
>>
No, fans don't know shit and will continue to pay the company.

This is why Vince McMahon is the last man standing

>"If Henry Ford asked his customers what they wanted, they would've said faster horses."
>>
>>807244
If Vince McMahon had been Henry Ford, upon the request for faster horses, would have given them a 40 year old horse with no legs and brain damage, told them it was better than the other horse and that they would love it, then offered it for the low, low price of "$9.99 maggle"
>>
>>807244
RECORD
LOW
RATINGS
>>
File: 1.jpg (18 KB, 351x296) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
18 KB, 351x296
>>807253
I think a better analogy would be that he'd offer them this horse.
Albeit with some tribal tattoos, of course.
>>
>>807173
>Ryder goes for the brass ring
>only gets US title for a month, gets crippled, keked by cena, embarresswd by Kane
>Vince wonders why no one goes for the brass ring
>>
>>807143
>Should the WWE give the fans everything they want?
No. But they should be rewarded when giving sufficient support for something in particular.
No. Too many people are cheering him and buying his shit. Gotta replace both of those factors first.
Ryder was only ever going to be a Low-Card Hero which was perfectly fine. However he couldn't even get proper closure. Cesaro's peak sadly is Hyper-Competitive streaks in the Midcard.
Reigns needed both more time and a WWE Creative department that WASN'T a fifteen year-old poodle with cataracts and tumors.
Again, never. You give the title runs to those who are as over as freaking possible.
>>
>>807287
If we're playing that card, at one point Zack was so over that MSG was chanting for him during the promo after The Rock's comeback match
>>
>>807143
Yes and no.
They obviously should cave to fans' whims sometimes because they're the fucking fans; part of what makes wrestling unique is how it's much more innately interactive with its fan-base than other sports. Shunning that so routinely does nobody any good.
On the other hand, some fans' whims are just plain silly or are nothing more than momentary fancies.
tl;dr: Give Ryder and Cesaro some better booking but don't turn Cena Heel because he's the support system for your entire company
>>
>>807143
No.
He should be turned heel but for a multitude of reasons, his heel heat being one of them.
No.
He should have held micard belts before being pushed as a main eventer. Everyone should. WWE lost that when they split the roster and over the years it got weaker and we ended up with lower midcarders holding world titles.
At the point where they want to get fired.
>>
>>807181
>What's Cesaros character? How is he interesting?
He's the Swiss Superman! The King of Swing! He's probably pound for pound the strongest Superstar in the WWE, Maggle!
>>
>>807143
No

No

Neither to WHC, but I was a mark for Hawkins and Ryder's tag team even though they were pretty generic so I'd say just keep him there

Yes but only to build popularity with a successful title reign to build him to WHC

Never, it'd completely destroy the title's prestige
>>
File: hypebros.jpg (54 KB, 600x250) Image search: [Google]
hypebros.jpg
54 KB, 600x250
>>807143
ryder is in a good spot with the HYPE bros, then the HYPE man can go solo.
>>
>>807440
>they're the fucking fans

remember those promos about how important the fans are? YOU make all of this possible, without YOU it'd be a big empty arena?

funny, i can't recall seeing ANY of those since roman got his solo push
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.