[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who will win McGregor vs Aldo and why is it Aldo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10
Who will win McGregor vs Aldo and why is it Aldo?
>>
macgregor ko in the 4th
>>
McGregor will lose because being stupid drunk is in his blood.
Aldo will win because working hard even if it's for little reward is in his blood.
>>
>>804579

U wot m8???? The irish are the exact people who work hard for very little reward.
>>
No idea 2bh. McGregor hasn't fought anyone at Jose's level before so it's really impossible to say. Having said that I think McGregor will TKO him.
>>
Aldo is off the gas and looks hiv positive
>>
>>803962
>>>/sp/
>>
People wanting McGregor to lose is such a meme opinion.
>>
>>803962
Both are douchebags. I hope they both lose
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 292x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 292x270
Rooting for McGregor ever since he verbally shat on everybody at the last major press conference. UFC needs a charismatic asshole champion. These mum non interesting fucks are one too many and make the entire product boring and disengaging.
>>
Aldo no question.

Aldo went from rags to riches in the favelas of Brazil. He had no money no food no nothing only martial arts to get him out of hell to where he is today his mentallity is key. He is absolutley the most ferocious and skilled mma fighter in the sport and even the other division champs admire his skill.

Mcgregor is just a typical run of the mill guy. Good middle class parents dad n mom paying for his football and supporting him financially as he pursued fighting. Had a plumbing career lined up but decided to take fighting seriously. Natural talent Douchebag with two losses who hasnt fought anyone on Aldos level. Never struggled in his life still acting like a child and thats what it will be

A warrior vs a child
>>
>>804879
>i know everything about both fighters life
Fuck off retard
>>
>>804884
Suck my ding dong first
>>
>>804584
>The irish are the exact people who work hard for very little reward.
And then drink a shit ton. All that alcohol altered their neurobiology, altered their neurochemistry, altered their genes. Then it passed down for generations, to McGregor.
>>
>>804584
>>804903
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5DU9lgbsSE
>>
>>804879
>aldo got outboxed by Mendes
>mcgregor fucks up Mendes
>therefore Aldo will clearly destroy mcgregor
>>
>>804927
Style matchups

Never matters in the end the better man will always win
>>
>>804927
>short notice Mendes

doesn't count
>>
>>805119
>Style matchups
>implying

McGregor is the better man at striking, and he's the better man at using striking in the octagon. We've solved that piece of the puzzle, now we need to see how it matches up to the rest.
>>
>>804869
>let's turn a serious sport into WWE shitfest
>>
>>805141
Are you retarded? Why do you think boxing is dead and Mayweather was the only relevant boxer since Tyson? Being a charismatic, shit talking man with presence makes people interested and invested. Fuck off Dana.
>>
>>805189
This desu senpai
Rousey singlehandedly did more for UFC than any other fighter.
>>
>>805189
I dont understand how people say boxing is dead. Boxing is alot more popular than mma where i live.
>>
>>805141
>serious sport
>UFC
how blind are you my man? dana white has turned UFC into WWF for years, obvious judge fixing, match fixing to a certain degree and all the fucking "put on a show and show your mad at each other to get people to buy it" weigh ins.
>>
>>805189
>>805194
>>805382
>>805414
fuck off to your WWE threads
>>
>>805128
Heeeelll no Aldo outclasses everyone in striking hes got him beat standing and on the ground
>>
If it is the Aldo of 2009 he would win hands down. I don't know where's he at, he could have lost drive after making it rich, his training could have slacked off, he might not be as hungry, he might not believe in himself. Mcgregor is maniacally confident, he's hungry to prove himself, he's got a lot of talk to back up, he's unpredictable, he's fluid, he could take it. Have said that I know Aldo is a monster and should never be underestimated.
>>
>>805194
And she's of the infamous women's division.
>>
>>804591
Call me a n00b but how does one become champ without being tested at the highest level? I know that this has happened to others but why does it happen? Popularity?
>>
File: stats.jpg (64 KB, 730x763) Image search: [Google]
stats.jpg
64 KB, 730x763
Mcgregor has great octagon controle and he knows how to use his reach.

Aldo has great experiance and is a real though guy. He earned his title and is a true fighter.

Hard low kicks are the key in this fight. Mcgregor has a weird and wide stand. He is very vonarible to the hard low kicks of Aldo.
Aldo is also a more all round fighter than Mcgregor is. Both fighters are stand fighters but Aldo's ground game is way better than the none existing ground game of Mcregor.
Also has a much better cardio than Mcgregor.

Mcgregor has to use his reach and front kicks to the liver and ribbs of Aldo. Mcregor has to avoid grabling, clinchin and take downs at all cost. His only weapons in this fight are his jab witch is very good and his hard accurate kicks to the body. Mcregor has to end the fight fast. Aldo has been doing 5 rounds of fighting for 10+ years.

Mcregor will lose this fight. And will go a weight class higher. There he will be beaten and kicked the living shit out of him by Cowboy Cerone. I hope Cowboy is the next to fight Mcgregor. Cowboy will destroy and end the carreer of Mcgregor.

If Aldo wins he may retire after the fight with Mcregor. I'll put my money on Aldo all the way.
>>
>>805951
>the none existing ground game of Mcregor.
>implying "get punched in the face until my opponent gets tired then stand up and beat the shit out of him" isn't a good ground game
>>
>>804869
No
>>
>>805951
As the stats show, McGregor is a good striker. The stats also show that McGregor lands more shots overall.
Rather than looking at McGregor's lack of ground game, maybe you should look at how good he is at avoiding ground game.
Not only can he hit people, he can also KO and TKO people.
>>
I've got Aldo
>>
File: don't die b4 this fight anon.jpg (286 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
don't die b4 this fight anon.jpg
286 KB, 1200x1200
>>806014
Yes I have seen that.
It all depends on witch Aldo we are going to see. The last fight of Aldo VS Mendes was very close and I thought Mendes had won that fight.
Mendes is very short and strong. Aldo could not use his reach advatange well and he did not trow many low kicks. I was dissapointed by the performance of Aldo that night.

In this fight I think/hope Aldo will have severe determination to win. His pride and title are on the line. The shit talk of Mcgregor has gone waaaay beyond the "selling the fight" line.

Mcgregor's statstistics are a bit off in comparisson to Aldo's.
Mcgregor is a good fighter, but he has not that many fights and he has not fight such great fighters as Aldo has done for 10+ years.
If Aldo really wants it, than he can win easy.

Mcgregor is good, but Aldo is great.

Aldo will and have to close the distance and land elbows low kicks and take downs. Aldo needs to stop the movement of Mcgregor. Aldo can take his time to break Mcgregor piece by piece. Aldo has great cardio.

Mcgregor needs to keep the distance and land front kicks to body and head. And land lots of jabs and close the eyes of Aldo. Mcgregor needs to end the fight fast. Cardio is unknown, ground game is none excisted beside begging the reff to stand up.
Herb Deen was like "sorry son you on your own on this one."

Still puting my hard earned cash on Aldo, all the way.
>>
File: keystothisfight.jpg (35 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
keystothisfight.jpg
35 KB, 480x360
Mcgregor's jabb and kicks are is best weapons.

He needs to keep distance from Aldo.
>>
File: kicks and keeping distance.jpg (67 KB, 645x392) Image search: [Google]
kicks and keeping distance.jpg
67 KB, 645x392
The kicks are also very fast and hard. Aldo might get in trouble by them.
>>
>>806041
youre talking about the aldo who made a guys leg look like a spongey blue banana with kicks...
>>
>>806043
Yes, I have seen that shit.
Aldo really needs to use his hard low kicks.
Mcgregor has this wide stance, it's perfect for Aldo to land his low kicks. I think these and the grabling of Aldo will win him the fight.

Mcgregor has less tools to win this fight. He will talk shit during the fight and he will dance and try to put on a show, but Aldo is a pro. He been there done that million times against much greater fighters than Mcgregor.

I really can't see Aldo losing this.
>>
>>806049
>Mcgregor has this wide stance, it's perfect for Aldo to land his low kicks
McGregor has that wide stance because it's great for delivering kicks. McGregor has good timing, and has his stance to help deliver those kicks he's so famous for.
Timing + Kicks = Devastation

>Mcgregor has less tools to win this fight.
His tools may be different, but that doesn't mean that he has less of them.

>He been there done that million times against much greater fighters than Mcgregor.
That doesn't prove that Aldo is better than McGregor.
>>
>>806060
all of your counterpoints are dumb and make no sense.
please go away
>>
>>806060
>McGregor has good timing, and has his stance to help deliver those kicks he's so famous for.
Mcgregor is famous for his trass talk not for his fighting skills.
You are dellusional my friend. Don't believe the hype just look at the facts.

>>806070
>all of your counterpoints are dumb
Whatever. We will see who is right.

You have clearly none understanding about fighting skills. Believe all the hype and trow logic out the window and calling other analists dumb?
Yeah,...fuck you to.
>>
>>806049
Who has Aldo fought that's tougher than Chad?
>>
10 more days

GET HYPE

UFC will be dead for a few years after this
>>
>>806114
From the top of my head, I think Frankie Edgar.
Frank is also a stand fighter and just a little shorter than Aldo. It was a though fight but Aldo had fought smart and by expiriance he knew how to win the fight. Frankiw showed alot of heart and is a type of fighter that won't quite.

Chad and Frankie are both great fighters but I think Frankie is thougher than Chad. Chad has usualy just like Frankie a great cardio they can both go 5 rounds to the max.
Chad wins his fights becsuse his trainers are smart in preparing for the fighter he is up against. Except the Chad vs Mcgregor fight witch Chad had 2 weeks to train and prepare for. But no excuses he took the fight and he lost the fight. That night Mcgregor had some good moves but it also showed Mcgregor beeing desperate when the fight took to the ground.

Mcgregor vs Frankie Edgar the only way for Mcgregor to win from frankie is to ko the guy out. Frankie keeps on coming and is a hard worker. Just as Aldo is.
Aldo winning from Frankie was not luck just good training and preperation. Aldo really is a great champion.
>>
>>806108
>It's all hype but I'm not going to prove it and just say you're dumb

>that other anon is dumb too
>>
>>804903
kinda like Carnival where Brazillians take a fucking month off of work to party and drink
>>
You can't beat the eternal anglo
>>
>>806038
>aldo has great cardio

top kek
>>
>>807089
Do you even know who Aldo is?
Have you ever seen a fight of Aldo.
That guy has great cardio. I don't think it will go 5 rounds with Mcgregor but Aldo has the advantage if it does go 5 rounds.

As I said before, the cardio of Mcgregor is unknown. So not saying that the cardio of Jose is better, just aaying the cardio of Aldo is great.

I think the fight will be over in the first round. Mcgregor will lose and will get a horrible beating. View more days.
>>
>>807071
Brazil is like the guy that binge drinks whenever it's a big holiday. Ireland is just an alcoholic.
>>
File: 1303093344260.jpg (18 KB, 300x321) Image search: [Google]
1303093344260.jpg
18 KB, 300x321
What I really want to know is why the fuck are there 94 wrestling threads atm? And I thought bjj was a little gay but now I see that the gayest thing in /asp/ are the sweaty, fake, man-drama fans.
>>
>>807708
Gay!?
Who the fuck you calling a faggot!!!!????
Keep it on topic or shut the fuck up cocksucker!!!!
>>
>>807708

Why are non-wrestling fans always so desperate to point out how hetero they are? Makes you wonder...
>>
>>805951
The entirety of that fucking grappling section is annoying the fuck out of me.

It's not the issue of it being outdated but that the first opponent McGregor fought that actually sought the takedown was Chad Mendes. That 100% is basically the same as saying someone who has never gotten on a trampoline is able to avoid falling off of it always.

I don't buy into the McGregor is shit at grappling memes but the man was not able to stuff the takedowns of a guy he was pattering at range. His striking is clearly his focus.

>>803962
I'm going for Aldo. Unless the man comes out as hard pressed as Chad to finish the fight, I can see it going to a grappling match. Even with McGregor's improvements in that area Aldo still has the advantage in being willing to go to it and being skilled at it.
>>
>>807862
Yes I agree with you.
That was what I was trying to say. The points you made are accurste and correct.

Aldo all the way.
>>
>>807708
/asp/ is now the official wrestling board, all of the /sp/ shitposters moved over and this board has no mods.
>>
>>807480
>That guy has great cardio
Aldo was looking pretty gassed at the midway of the frankie edgar fight. though frankie edgar is known to make his opponents work
>>
Honestly, even if Aldo loses, he'll just turn into the next Fedor. With the man's track record, I would still consider him the better fighter even if he gets KO'd.
>>
>>807887
I don't understand.
So you saying no UFC here at /asp/ ?

Where are all the UFC discussions at than?
>>
>>807893
Yes very true.
Frankie Edgar is a though opponent. He's a hard worker and goes all the way.
Aldo had a hard time but I think Mcgregor is not that hard as Frankie Edgar.

You may think that I'm underestamating Mcgregor but since his UFC carreer he's just not been tested.
Chad was his thoughest fight in his UFC carreer. Mcgregor fought that fight very smart. But he was desperate when it took to the ground.

Will Aldo try to take this fight to the ground?
Can Mcgregor stop Aldo's takedown attempts?

I don't know.
We will see.
>>
>>807916
ALDO FAGS ALREADY ON DAMAGE CONTROL

TOP KEK
>>
>>808035
Just being honest, to be honest
>>
>>807965
Its at spee. Go check the HEEM general
>>
But I prefer to stay here.
I will check later.
>>
>>808308
Ashole /spee/ does not exist.
This is the only board for UFC.
Why did you lie to me? Why would you do that?
>>
how much longer?
>>
>>805951
'none existant ground game'
just saying...mendes is top class wrestler, he got a few good elbows in on the floor which conor took well and seemed reasonably content to be in that position since mendes couldnt get too much power on his shots, but as soon as mendes tried to lock something in, mcgregor got out of it like a fucking eel, got back to his feet and ko mendes
>>
>>815736
He tried to lock a guillotine while exhausted on a guy who while battered was still more than game to fight.

It was more a testament to how ill prepared Chad came into the fight than anything else.

That is not to say that McGregor's ground game is non-existent. He might be up hos own ass these days with Joe Rogan but Eddie Bravo knows talent and he spoke highly of McGregor.

It's not non existent but it is less than the average featherweight. Not the best but competitive.
>>
>>815736
You aee too deep in Mcregors ass or you have watched a diffrant fight. Becouse I don't recall the fight whent down the way you mentioned it.

Did'nt you see Mcgrecor cry and plead for help to Herb Deen? Mcgregor was helpless in shock and did not know what was going on or what to do.

Chad was bad prepared, but Mcgregor showed excellent stand game and he used his reach advantage outstanding. But on the ground his game was none existend. Aldo will eat him up first round.

Mcgregor can't take alot of punishment. The guy quits when he gets beaten alot. You will see how this will play out.

AAAAAAAAANNDDD STILLLLL....!!!!!!!!
>>
>>815779
I want Connor to get his ass kicked. I really fucking do. He's a goddamn cunt and whether or not he's just doing it to sell himself I don't like him.

But what you've written is incredibly incorrect.
>>
I have seen just now the UFC flog embeded episodes. Where you get to see an insight look at the fighter training and mental state before the fight.

I have to say that Mcgregor has calmed down allot. Jose Aldo seems ready and it looks like Aldo wants this fight more than Mcgregor.
At the press confrence Mcgregor again very calm and not trash talking that much.
Aldo looked better and more in controle.

I think Mcgregor was maybe tired and he has already started with his weight loss programe. Mcgregor's weight loss programe takes allot of his energie and is very hard on him. I have seen how weak he was with the weigh-in against Chad. Mcgregor looked like a AIDS patient.

But Mcgregor always seems to be fully recoverd at the fight nights.
I don't know how much weight Aldo has to lose but I think less than Mcgregor.

When Mcgregor losess this fight, what's next for him?
Will everybody see him just as a trash talker? Will it be all over for the guy? Will he get a rematch or will he escape a weight class higher where I hope Cowboy Cerone will be the first to fight Mcgregor.
>>
>>805125
kek this excuse is always hilarious wonder what the excuse will be when aldo loses
>>
Aldo will win because McGregor is Irish and has tater tots.
>>
Is anyone going to bet money of this fight card?
Please explane how it works. And witch bettong agency you use.
>>
>>817137
I'm betting with friends.
>>
>>805970
It's not.
>>
File: tumblr_nrcyjpgkWB1rofocqo1_500.gif (2 MB, 497x190) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrcyjpgkWB1rofocqo1_500.gif
2 MB, 497x190
>>803962
McGregor by TKO in the 2nd
>>
File: tumblr_nrtbthn7Wt1rvcjd7o1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrtbthn7Wt1rvcjd7o1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x279
>>803962
McGregor is going to TKO that Brazilian faggot, that is implying that Aldo will even show up on December 12th...
>>
Have yall seen the weigh inn????
Who was that crackhead????? Oh damn that was that Mcgregor guy.....dead man walking..

Call a peramedic....Aldo gonna kill this guy.....

AAAAAAAAAANNDDDDD STILLLLLLLLLL......!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
And new !!!
>>
>>804879
Get rekt
>>
>>818238
lmao
>>
Well that was anticlimatic.
>>
Glass Jawldo
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.