[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is possible to become a professional if I started at 19 years old?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: 19 years old.jpg (203 KB, 1200x700) Image search: [Google]
19 years old.jpg
203 KB, 1200x700
Guys, I am 5'7'' and 19 and four months years old. I started training, resting and eating perfect well and I'm doing boxe and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I started boxe since january (four days per week), and I started Brazilian Jiu jitsu last week (five days per week).

I have determination. I STOPPED drinking and smoking weed and I love doing it. I stopped going to raves and I am training 4 ~ 6 hours per day.

I think I am more determined than professional fighters! Look Jon Jones! The guy is a champion and is doing coke and shit. I bet he loses sleeping some days, he drink sometimes... I am better than the champion! When I decided to become pro, I stopped doing drugs and I never will do again.

I have a chance? Look Sage Northcutt! The guy started training very young. He is 19 years old too and is already a professional! Fuck...
>>
Now I just vaporize and eat.
>>
many fighters don't become professional until their late 20s or even 30s. it isn't because of the skill cap, its because they were doing other things and decided to fight late.

you can reach a professional level in under 5 years of training, potentially.
it doesn't take that long to get good, you either can or you can't, if you can you will and if you can't no amount of training will ever change that.
>>
>>795139
What's your record?
>>
>>795154
>>795154
I'm not competing yet, I think I need to learn much more. I'm thinking about travelling to USA when I become 23 ~ 25 years old, to learn wrestling then start competing in the amauter "league".
>>
depends on your sport, your weightclass and whether you are a natural athlete or not
>>
>>795180
I'm talking about MMA, obvious
>>
>>795189
well, as we learned from the rocky movies, determination is everything in combat sports
>>
If you're female you can go from being fat to fighting for a world championship in four years
>>
>>795386
Determination is very important, but genetics play a big role. I think I am ok. I train 48 hours per week and I can go months without any injury.
>>
Nobody here is serious and thinking about being a pro?
>>
>>796756
A lot of people aren't retarded and realise they're not GSP so see no point in destroying their body for less than minimum wage.
>>
>>796804
>>796779
They fight just four times per year. American football, boxe and soccer is worse for the body.
>>
>>796805
They also pay a shitload more. GSP was getting 650k prize money. Mayweather gets 50m. Soccer players are on tens or hundreds of millions contracts.
>>
>>796817
Note I'm only comparing top level. Low level mma fighters are lucky to get 2k a fight. So, by your 4x a year that's 8k. Does that seem worthwhile when you can fightbas an amateur and make more at fucking maccas?
>>
>>796820
Yeah, you're right, but it's not just about the money. I don't love nothing in my life besides my family, my dog and competing physically... not just it, I love the lifestyle, the discipline, being in my best conditioning possible and the endorphin/adrenaline boost. And when I retire I can open my gym and I will live all my life doing what I love.
>>
>>795485
You train 7 hours per day?
>>
>>796837
How do you propose to open a gym when you're making 8k a year or less?
>>
Yes because MMA fighters are D-level athletes
>>
Everything is possible.

Now, do you have the discipline and willpower to do it? Well, thats another story

**spoiler: Werdum started Bjj at 20 years old, he was training 3 times per day, a couple of years later he became world champion**
>>
>>796854
4 ~ 6 hours.
>>
>>797368
Lol no you don't
>>
>>796861
You don't need to be rich to open a gym, you just need some equipment and the knowledge. If I become a professional fighter, I'll have a lot of students.

And I need a source saying a professional fighter only make 2k per fight.
>>
>>795139
I tought excatly like you. Then I came to my senses and decided to drop such a time consuming hobby and finish college.

But if you want to be half-literate brute that fights for money be my guest.
>>
>>797372
Yes, I do. 1 ~ 2 hours doing aerobic (running, cycling, swimming...), 1 ~ 2 doing strength or endurance training (squat, deadlift, weighted pull ups, dragon flag, l-sit, weighted push ups...), 30 minutes doing flexibility training
and 1 ~ 2 hours doing boxe or jiu jitsu.

That's my routine, I do this almost everyday, some days I change a little, but it's basic what I listed before.
>>
File: tyrone laugh.webm (1 MB, 240x234) Image search: [Google]
tyrone laugh.webm
1 MB, 240x234
>>795139
>Guys, I am 5'7''
>>
>>795139
>I think I am more determined than professional fighters! Look Jon Jones! The guy is a champion and is doing coke and shit. I bet he loses sleeping some days, he drink sometimes... I am better than the champion!

kek
of course you are, OP

go ahead. drop your job and uni and dedicate everything to MMA. you are gonna go far kid!
>>
>>795139
Are you doing boxe espagnol?
>>
>>797387
That's not really a good set up bro. You are spending more time doing general training than you are doing your sport. You should spend far more time doing your sport than on general training.
>>
>>796805
Boxe espagnol?
>>
>>796837
You sound like the biggest cringe ever. Why don't you go fuck your dog instead?
>>
>>797387
But is it boxe espagnol tho?
>>
>>797387
Do you have a job or any friends?
>>
>>797637
I'm not saying i'm a better athletic or fighter, but for sure I'm more focus and disciplined.

>>797655
And you're an arrogant cocksucker. English is not my first language and I can't express myself properly using English.

>>797646
I'm doing this on purpose. It's my first year training, in the beginning of the year I was weighting 105 lbs and I was skelly/weak as fuck. I wasn't able to run three miles straight. Now i'm weighting 150 and I have a good cardio. I can spare three rounds (5 minutes), I can run/swim a lot...

I'm preparing myself for 11 months now, next year I'll start training martial arts more, because I think i'm in excellent condition already.
>>
>>797662
I don't have a job and I can be a NEET for more three or four years. I have a lot of "free time".

And I don't have friends, I have 4 companion or mates that I met at the boxe gym... I can't call them friends, because that's a title I don't give to everybody, but I see them two or three times per week outside the gym, we play FIFA, we play soccer or surf together, we do bouldering/hiking... they are pretty cool and funny.

I've lost all my old "friends", because I don't smoke weed anymore, I don't drink, I don't stay up all night, I'm not using ecstasy or "LSD" (actually NBOMe) and now we don't have much in common, I changed a lot.

But I had my "dark" moment. At first, when I started training, I didn't have one mate... I passed months without talking to people besides my mom and my teacher or the bus driver. And I was fine, didn't have depression or something like that. I think is hard to get depressed when you are eating right, giving your body all nutrients you need and exercising. And I was occupied all the time, I didn't give depression a chance.
>>
>>797904
>>797923

>the state of this retarded BR who thinks he's more focused and disciplined than world-class top-tier MMA fighters

Seriously just fuck your dog.
>>
>>797944
The guy has a drug problem. That's all I need to say about his mental health.
>>
>>797998
>dude who gets caught sniffing cocaine once has a drug problem

sure thing buddy
>>
>>795173
Where are you from?
>>
>>798130
Brazil.
>>
>>795139
>I STOPPED drinking and smoking weed
Suicide is the only option for your life now, weed fuckface.
>>
File: 1447574360182.png (1 MB, 1249x648) Image search: [Google]
1447574360182.png
1 MB, 1249x648
OP would SHIT on all of you fags, no sweat.

>>798540

OP don't worry. You're working harder than 90% of martial artists in the world. You can make it. Practice, and enter into amateur fights. Have a good win record, then go pro.

It's simple, but it takes a lot of hard work. MANY people want to beat you and climb the ladder to the championship. But you've shown dedication, show more and win! Trabalha e realiza seus sonhos, parceiro. Quem manda na sua vida e voce. Se um ja fez, voce pode tambem! Desculpa se eu errei no meu Portuguese, sou Americano
>>
>>799157
>totally not OP
>>
>>798540
se vc n ta disposto a tomar bomba, se machucar pa caralho, treinar 3 estilos diferentes, fazer condicionamento e ao mesmo tempo trabalhar, nem tenta
existe uma razao pela qual a maioria dos lutadores famosos vem da pobreza. luta eh foda chapa.
>>
>>795485
>I train 48 hours per week
Bullshit, Olympic level athletes do not even train that much. You are either a liar or your training is half assed and lazy.
>>
File: españa-box.gif (273 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
españa-box.gif
273 KB, 600x400
>>797659
Are you making a mockery of Boxe Espagnol?
>>
>>799767
I used to train with a guy who qualified for two olympics for 200m and 4x 400m. He was doing 2-3 training sessions a day. Probably 3-4 hours a day.

So yeah, bullshit.
>>
>>795139
With enough training and motivation, you can do anything. Perfect your skills and stay healthy.
>>
>>799888
Ex-national level athlete here.

No, no you can't.
>>
yes, mixed meme arts is still a young sport so you have a chance
>>
File: 1446846473268.png (365 KB, 725x676) Image search: [Google]
1446846473268.png
365 KB, 725x676
>>799910
>>799767
>>799883

Wow. No wonder everyone is doubting OP.

/asp/ is filled with a bunch of jealous has-beens, washouts, and losers lmao
>>
>>799883
Do you guys were training for the Special Olympics? Fuck, man, you're dumb. I'm training MMA, your friend was training for swimming. The sports are different.

Swimming it's exhausting and burns an absurd amount of calories.

I already said my routine: >>797387
>>
UFC is fucked up, it's very unstable. If you lose two fights in a row, you are out.
>>
>>795139
>19
>brazil
>boxing & bjj 5x a week
>train 4-6hrs a day
>straight lace
>jon jones doing coke and alcohol doesn't make you a better fighter than him, because you are challenging his integrity and not him physically. you still do drugs, too. please don't generalize when it comes to drugs and the fight game.
>northcutt mention
a lot of fighters have trained in one discipline and mastered it before training mma in order to master the system. rousey? some people just do not master their system and they try and jump to conclusions.
>>795173
compete whenever you feel like doing it. whether you are 19 or 49, wait until you are 100% ready. don't let others push you into it either in order to represent. trust me on this. also you will gravitate towards certain competitions more than others. your rank/record, weight, age group, etc. all affect the specifics (as you already know).
>>798540
>4-6hrs a day
i thought we stopped thinking like that when we hit 7th grade.
>>797387
/fit/ you're doing it wrong.
>>
fuckin Randy Coutre started at like 35 bro
>>
>>800702
>Do you guys were training for the Special Olympics?

lol
>>
>>803970
"Do" is a sonofabitch to learn for non native speakers.

They think "what the fuck is a 'do'?"
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.