[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Judo General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: InoueGill.jpg (39 KB, 412x438) Image search: [Google]
InoueGill.jpg
39 KB, 412x438
Judoka get in here. Talk about Judo Technique vids, competitions, etc.

What belt rank are you? How is training going? How'd your last tournament go? What are you working on? Where'd you get that sweet gi?

Nikyu here. Training hard for Ikkyu. Only had one guy in my category last tournament; lost two matches, but at least I made him work like a fucker for his wins. I'm always chasing the Uchi Mata mistress...

Here's a video to start the thread off. Probably one of the best Judo films ever made.

https://www.nfb.ca/film/judoka
What's your belt level
>>
File: ko uchi gari matsumoto.gif (2 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
ko uchi gari matsumoto.gif
2 MB, 360x202
Tyumen Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE-SfBheeXA
>>
File: harai sode tsurikomi goshi.gif (2 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
harai sode tsurikomi goshi.gif
2 MB, 360x202
Beyond Grappling has some good vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gscRXVD9DA&list=PL_yLXK1vk_nPVr8mYA2W7tRuz0uMXHLNb&index=6
>>
File: 1429895429806.gif (2 MB, 448x243) Image search: [Google]
1429895429806.gif
2 MB, 448x243
>>794489
>Used to do a bunch of judo as a kid
>Quit in the last two years of high school because no time
>Get to university and want to pick it up again
>No judo club at school and can't get enough interesting to get one started
>Mfw living in America
I had a brown belt, trained from 7 - 16
There is nothing interesting about this post, I fuckin love judo though
>>
>>794508
>brown belt
>trained from 7-16

how often did you train per week? how many hours? also in holidays?
>>
>>794509
I lived in Sweden between age 7-11 and Hong Kong from 11-now (although in US for uni).
In Sweden I trained 2-3 times a week for an hour at a time and in Hong Kong I trained 3 times a week for 90 minutes at a time, occasionally more as I would stick around for the adult training as well.
I usually didn't train during holidays, although I went to camps once or twice.
>>
>>794515
nice, I am always a bit suspicious of U18 brownbelts(McDojo stuff), but sometimes it is totally legit if you train tht much

I am 20, started at 14 and I am a green belt now in judo and jujitsu, train 3.5 hours a week, in holidays 1.5 hours
>>
>>794517
Yea honestly I wasn't happy about the fact that I received my brown belt when I did because I didn't think I was ready. I think it's cause I did really well in the local tournaments, I won the Hong Kong youth judo cup in my weight class 6 times in a row and placed second in the all Ireland championship because I was there on holiday and my parents entered me. Still though, I was pretty young and definitely felt like the place was being a bit of a McDojo when I got my brown belt. I still miss it a lot though
>>
File: O soto gari side.gif (1 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
O soto gari side.gif
1 MB, 360x202
>>794508

Where in America are you? There has to be a Judo Dojo nearby.

I saw guys come into the Dojo after a decade of no Judo, and fall back into the groove pretty quickly. It's never too late.
>>
>>794537
I'm in Hanover, New Hampshire so my options are more limited than you think friend. I think theres a dojo in a city 45 min away but i dont have a car so its not worth it to go there to train

Allahu akbar
>>
>>795090

Meh.
How about Judo's younger cousin then?

>www.gracieuppervalley.com
>>
I'm currently in a maritime training program. I haven't been able to train for two months and wont get a chance to go home and start training again for another four. Feels bad man.
>>
>>795263

Yeah, I'd second this.
>>
Injury prevention in Judo?

Outside of training Judo itself, what kind of exercises should I be doing to make myself stronger for Judo? Specifically, what kind of training is good for increasing the strength, mobility and durability of shoulders and knees?
>>
>>796188
Lifting will help with that. Making sure you keep your hip flexors flexible will help safeguard injury and also help with a lot of techniques too.
>>
>>796381

Any specific exercises/routines I should be looking at. SL? 5/3/1? Some sort of Kettlebell training?

Any literature around on what high level judoka train like?
>>
>>796467
A lot of people seem to go SS and get some decent results, honestly though, I'm not as well versed as some, the /fit/ stickie is usually pretty good.

I know that Matt D'Aquino pretty much exclusively uses kettlebells in sets of 10, 9, 8, 7 down to 1. Apart from that, I've not seen a lot on strength training specifically for judo.
>>
>>796467
There is a video of the Korean national team lifting weights. From memory, they did squats and cleans.
>>
>>794489
White belt, been at it maybe about 3 months? Loving it anyway

Honest truth is my step in for osoto gari sucks and I'm trying to best that.

Instructor gave me the gi fo free, she's a banter lass

No competitions, randori started to git gud lately though

Loving judo anyway can't believe it took me this long to start, even if it is odd dice I'm from a striking background
>>
>>796542
nothing odd about coming from a striking background and wanting to learn some grappling m8. I mean I guess it was kind of odd some 10 years ago or so but we're hitting fantastic levels of cross training nowadays.
>>
>>794492
wouldn't want to do that on concrete
>>
File: o soto gari 2.gif (1 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
o soto gari 2.gif
1 MB, 360x202
>>796495

I'll check out Matt D'aquino's kb stuff, then. Maybe mix it with some basic SL 5x5.
>>796542

Good to hear you're liking it.

Good news and bad news on the O Soto Gari (and every other technique) You WILL get better at it. You will NEVER get as good as you want to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHAlYRNMt-E
>>
>>796605
What I meant was odd was the difference in feeling
>>
What's better for self defence : BJJ or Judo?
>>
>>797181
A combination of them.

Otherwise, on the ground BJJ is better, if you're standing up then judo is better.
[spoiler]Pipebomb is the best option regardless.[/spoiler]
>>
>>794489
Started maybe 2 and a half/3 months ago, still a white belt.
Come from a purely striking background and I wanted to get some grappling in there.
The place I go is fantastic, and I managed to throw a non compliant partner during stand up randori last training sesh, felt amazing.
I didn't expect to love it so much.

I've been out of it the past two weeks because I had foot surgery, but as soon as I get my stitches out on wednesday I'm back at training same day.

Also question for everyone, I'm going home (back to Australia) over Christmas and I'll be out from training another two weeks...
Is there anything I can do to keep practising Judo solo? Like I can borrow my brother and get him to stand there while I drill some Uchikomi but that's al I can think of.
>>
>>797181
Judo with strong ground work or BJJ with strong stand up game.

But most likely either one will offer the tools for effective self defense in any case.
>>
File: judo workout 8.gif (2 MB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
judo workout 8.gif
2 MB, 500x279
>>797245

Work out. Do a bit of shadow uchikomi or rubber band uchikomi. Maybe watch some technique videos so your brain is still in Judo mode.

Honestly, though, it's going to be difficult training solo during a Christmas break, so don't beat yourself up if you slip. Also, don't get drunk and try to show judo throws to relatives. You'll fuck them and the dining room up.

Whereabouts are you going to be in Australia? There might be some dojos nearby that you can drop in on.
>>
>>797264
I'm in some rural town in NSW, no dojos around for a couple hours mate.
I wish there was though honestly, but what can you do.
>>
>>797181

Judo:
-if you have serveral opponents (and want to stay mobile)
-if you are as strong as your opponents

BJJ:
-if you have only one opponent
-if he's a big guy (for you)
>>
Never practice a martial art. I'm not comfortable not knowing how to fight.

Judo, BJJ and JJ seems to be thrown around a lot.

Which is better for a newb and why?
>>
>>797432
I'd stick to BJJ and/or Judo, you're more likely to find a decent place for them because of BJJ's popularity since the MMA boom and Judo's status as an olympic sport. Japanese Jujutsu is something of an outdated system and I feel like its combination of it being the "samurai martial art" and relative obscurity makes it a magnet for scam artists.

For a noob the differences between BJJ and Judo aren't going to matter much, the former is more ground focused while the latter is more devoted to the standup aspect, just go with whichever seems to have the most serious place to train then start looking into the other just in case. If at all possible I'd recommend cross-training.
>>
>>797536
Hm I have no clue, I just went to high school with a JJ world champion.
I'm gonna find myself a place to train.

How do I know if its a good place?
>>
>>797658
Alarm bells:
>Overblown claims like saying it's the most effective version of the martial art, direct links to the style's founder or extremely famous practitioners or ridiculously high rankings like 10th dans. There's good places with strong claims to them but if it feels overblown, investigate because chances are you're getting rused

>Claims of guaranteed black belts in X amount of time, if there's any claim of the sort then it's bullshit. If there's a whole load of teenagers with black belts then that's also your cue to get the crap out

>Demanding upfront payments or a contract signing or anything of the sort. Obviously you're gonna have to pay but if the size and contents of your wallet and how much of that they're going to get are of the utmost importance to them, shit's fishy

Good signs:
>Athletic instructors and students. The latter get some leeway because not everyone has the time and drive to be /fit/, but the people teaching you how to fight should at the very least look healthy

>A focus on reality-based training, free sparring so students can practice the application of techniques against resisting opponents is a paramount of Judo and BJJ and part of what makes them so well-respected. If it's all compliant exercises and demonstration stuff where a guy stands still while the teacher performs a 20 hit combo or magical-looking throw with barely any contact, look elsewhere
>>
>>797817
10/10 guide, look out for this shit.
A McDojo in my town has pictures of two of the instructors kids, maybe 27 or so wearing 7th Dan belts.
And I know a guy who's been doing BJJ sincere was 10/11 and he says he has a 6th Dan coral belt. He's fucking 19.
>>
>>794489
If I have 1-4 months to train anywhere in the world, six or seven days a week, where should I go? Anywhere in the United States? I want to earn my brown belt.
>>
>>794489
I don't practice Judo but I have a question. On the wiki it says no one has ever been promoted to eleventh dan, are there like no sets of requirement for it?
>>
>>798416

>no one has ever been promoted to eleventh dan

Theoretically the Judo rank system is not limited to 10 degrees of black belt. Jigoro Kano said: "There is no limit...on the grade one can receive. Therefore if one does reach a stage above 10th dan... there is no reason why he should not be promoted to 11th dan."

BUt you'll never see a 11th grade, because it would minify the accomplishments of all former 10th Dans.

You have to understand what Dan grades mean in Judo. Every Dan grade takes longer than the one before, but it's even more complicated. You don't get higher Dan grades just by getting "better". At a certain level Dan get only promoted for:
a) Archievements, like winning at famous competitions (especially "lower" to "middle" Dans)
b) Dan grades for contributions to the Judo community.

So if you see anything above say 5th Dan, you'll have someone who is either a high decorated fighter or someone who contributed in someway to the Judo in his country (i.e. building up an organisation).

If you look at the 10th Dans, they were all head instructors at the Kodokan or some other importatnt Judo school in Japan.

>http://judoinfo.com/judan.htm
>>
>>798453
Oh, that makes sense then. Thanks for the answer!
>>
Would you guys recommend training every day? Or would that over work the muscles I'd be using for judo?
>>
>>798299
Anywhere in the world for Judo? Japan.
>>
File: 1406799275978.gif (4 MB, 403x227) Image search: [Google]
1406799275978.gif
4 MB, 403x227
>>798474

If you can train everyday, do so.

'Overtraining' is largely an unfounded fear . The average person is nowhere near the point where overtraining is a danger.

You'll feel like shit starting off, but once you get stronger, it won't bother you.
>>
>>798299
Mongolia, France or Russia.
>>
Why is judo so expensive?

The only thing more expensive in my local area is BJJ, MT, and MMA gyms. And often not by much.

Is their any grappling style that a poorfag to train in, or is grappling now only for the upper middle class?
>>
>>794489
is there a good Judo Anime? like Hajime no ippo is to boxing?
>>
>>799696
where do you live maybe we can find you schools or resources that are affordable. Judo does have a very good reputation for being a working class/blue collar style because of its grass root ties to YMCAs,nonprofits and of course its grassroot org USJI.

>>799708
Yawara! A beautiful judo girl, was written by Naoki Urasawa who did Pluto, 20th Century Boys and Monster. it was a manga and anime. the anime came out in the early 90s ad help promote the newly developed woman's division that debuted back in 92. The anime is pretty good and in my mind's eye would have been a perfect fit for early era Toonami since it had that whole early 90s anime era vibe to it
>>
>>799721
I live in Philadelphia and so far the cheapest I have found was $100 a month.

I really doubt you or anyone else would have much luck online since 90% of sites don't list price I had to ether call during business hours or some times even physically go there.

YMCA don't have shit, and most universities in the area don't have judo programs, and the few I know of that do, still charge around 150 a semester and don't really like letting in people who don't go to the Uni.

I have looked and everything in and around the city is expensive as fuck when it comes to grappling.
>>
>>799696
Seattle Dojo, the oldest dojo in the United States, is $25/month. Most I've ever paid stateside was $90/month--by comparison, the McDojo down the street was $110.
>>
>>799721
>>799708
can confirm Yawara! is great.
im on episode 100 something atm

kazamatsuri best boy
matsuda a shit
>>
>>799721
that anime is pretty lame

i wonder why the fuck there are animes about baking bread this is the only anime about judo I know
>>
>>798579
>>799560
Besides the Kodokan, any specific schools? I get to travel semi-frequently because I binge work, save my money, and have no social life or other obligations.

Also, what are some good places stateside for binge training, i.e., going down for weeks at a time just to train judo 8+ hours a day?
>>
>>800232
>>800232
the Olympic training center is in Colorado. California and Washington have a real good judo scene with dojos that have lots of open mats to randori and work technique.
>>
im a yellow belt and get my ass kicked constantly. i want to die
>>
>>800271
git gud and kick ass. Also, consider that Judo might not be for you, sometimes it happens. Have you checked out any other martial art?
>>
>>800271
get, better practice and if that doesnt work like >>800568 said find something else.
>>
File: sode tsurikomi goshi.gif (1 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
sode tsurikomi goshi.gif
1 MB, 360x202
>>800271

Only two roads to choose here, anon.

Suck it up and put the work in. You'll get better.

OR

Take up some non-sparring style, pussyfoot around with ego-fluffing drills and tell yourself how 2deadly you are.

Anyone see this match between the two Uzbeks? Some good Judo on display.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO2t_HG0gqM
>>
>>800271

>im a yellow belt and get my ass kicked constantly

Where, in tournament or in Randori?

In tournaments it's kinda normal to feel bad the first few times I guess.

In Randori you shouldn't feel bad constantly, there's this thing called "Jita Kyoei". So talk to your training partners or even to your Sensei, tell them that you dont liek to get tossed arround constantly and ask them kindly to let you try some of your stuff.

To me it sounds like your Dojo is overly competitive or full of "ego types". Nobody expects a brown belt to get thrown by a yellow belt constantly, but if they just maim you everyday, it doen't sound like a good Dojo. They are supposed to show you your mistakes and let you learn and devellop.
>>
starting judo next month, pretty stoked

out of curiosity, how much of an advantage is strength? i've never done any type of wrestling but I used to box and strength was a definite asset, wonder if it'll be useful

I'm reasonably strong, my lifts are 315 bench 375 squat 550 dead in case that's relevant
>>
>>804092

Grappling muscles are differnt from striking muscles, don't ask me why, but it just feels different.

Of course general strength is very usefull, but I'd expect that your boxing footwork will be more usefull than your strength.

Hard to explain...
>>
>>800271
Suck it up,stop complaining, and train harder. Concetrate on your weaknesses and drill them until you get a better understanding of what to do.
>>
>>804141>>804092
Yeah, 804141 is 100% correct. I entered judo form a purely boxing/Muay Thai background.
The positioning of the feet is super important in judo, so your footwork will definitely be the main advantage.
In judo you primarily work leverage rather than using pure strength, but it definitely does help.
Just make sure you take it slow to start, build up a solid foundation with your basic throws first. Also get thrown as many times as possible at class, it's better to get conditioned to that stuff sooner.
Good luck bro!
>>
Alright so in 2017 I'm moving to a new town to do university.
Where I'm training now is really fantastic, our sensei has done jujitsu and sambo too so we get really good groundwork as well as stand up. People from this dojo compete regularly, in national and international levels.
The place I'm moving to...
Not so great. It's a smaller facility, and as far as I can tell compete mainly in state level competitions, and as far as I can tell, not so many either.
Is it a causality/correlation thing? Like just because the place doesn't compete ao much doesn't make it inherently not as good right?
>>
I did Judo way back when I was younger all the way up to third grade. Is there any good way to transition back into it now that I'm a lot older?
>>
>>804736
Just find a good dojo and start going man. Start slow.
If you did it for a while then it'll be like riding a bike and it'll just come back to you as you go more.
>>
>>794489
Judo newfag who lives on the road here. How do you make the most out of time spent training alone? Any tips for the traveling judoka?
>>
>>799740
osogame in south philly
>>
>>807262

Maybe visiting the Dojos you come across?

You could either say you want to do trial sessions or you just tell them how it is and ask politetly if you can train with them for two weeks.

We often have guys in our Dojo that are just passing by and it's fun to get new impressions.
>>
>>800232
Tokai University is arguably a better place to train than the Kodokan. But I think you may have to let them know in advance that you're going along to train?
>>
Are knee sleeve, ankle sleeves, etc generally recommended for people that HAVEN'T had an injury?
>>
>>808028
I wouldn't really recommend them. Just cause i think they become distracting to athletes and make them move or step unnaturally because they feel that tension/support on their joint. Making them over strain that area as they move. I've wrecked my knees and ankles and gotten surgery on them. after physical therapy i wore a brace, however i was told by my own trainers and doctors to eventually ween myself so i can move more naturally and not over compensate my movement and cause more strain.
>>
>>799696
Ausfag here, $100 per year.

I spend more on petrol getting to my club than I do on training.
>>
How?

I paid about 1000 a year in a major city in Canada. (Great club, though, several former Olympic/international competitors)
>>
just started training morote. never been so happy to be 5'6 with good hip mobility.
>>
>>813783

Lanklet here.

I hate to get thrown with Morote Seoi Nage and Tai Otoshi by smaller people..
>>
When I was trying to use Waki Gatame on the ground last time, my opponent did a somersault to escape it.

Am I doing something wrong here?
How do I prevent this escape?
>>
>>813866
Tai otoshi isn't really a throw for manlets though.
It's a throw for beastmode guys.

But yeah, being a tallfag who can't do seoi nages for shit is suffering.
>>
>>815074
Mifune described tai otoshi as a throw suitable for small men. Not necessarily short men, but small men.
>>
>>794489
Judoka, why do you think judo is a better martial art than BJJ? BJJ may not be as good at stand up, but it has more complete takedowns. Thoughts?
>>
>>795263
this
>>
>>815159
>It has more complete takedowns
Their rules allowing something doesn't mean that they actually know how to do it.

But even if you assume two masters (read: good at both ground and standing), judo is still superior because it encourages you to stay on your feet and be very quick and aggressive if you ever go to the ground.

BJJ encourages you to go down and stay there, but judo realises that the ground is an incredibly dangerous place to be in a fight, so a judoka will try to end a fight as quickly as possible once they go there.

Judo also places much more emphasis on pins, which are arguably the single most important part of any grappling art. Look at any fight videos on the internet. Very few of them end in submission, even with trained grapplers. They end in pins (read: calming the guy down) or with GnP.

If you can pin someone until they calm down, you haven't just won the fight - you've won it in a way which looks much, *much* better in court than if you'd broken his arm and choked him unconscious.
>>
>>798049
BJJ? Holy shit he's actually just lying dood. They regulate that kind of shit and that's just not possible
>>
>>815161
Good answer. I'm training BJJ right now, but I'm basically just doing it until I live in a place with judo haha
>>
File: ushiro goshi.gif (970 KB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
ushiro goshi.gif
970 KB, 360x202
>>815159

1) personal preference. I like the throwing-and-top-control game more than sub-hunting.

2) Focus. BJJ may allow MORE takedowns than Judo at the moment, but since it focuses on submissions, those takedowns aren't trained to the extent those in Judo are. You get better at whatever it is you do a lot of.

>>815161

Also, 'throw and go' is a likely a better strategy than subbing someone, outside of the ring, anyway,

Not knocking on BJJ here; they do have a better ground game, and I see a lot of benefits from cross training.
>>
>>815159

>why do you think judo is a better martial art than BJJ?

Only the sith deal in absolutes. Judo is not better, just different..

BJJ has a lot of advantages:

1.) The culture is more about competing. You go to more tournaments, you start sparring earlier and you have a better competition system which doesn't put low belts against much higher belts, which happens in Judo quite often.

2.) BJJ is more "Ju" than Judo. Imagine a street fight: The Judoka would throw him, aiming to knock out or injure the other guy. The BJJ guy would grab him and lock him down without injuring them. Yes, I know Newaza, but in a fight every fighter does what he does best, and if you watch "street fight" videos on youtube you can find exactly this pattern.

3.) On "soft ground" (the ring, a beach or just grass) the AVERAGE BJJ guy would have sever advantages over an AVERAGE Judoka.
And before the shitstorm begins: we all know that you can't throw someone who is passive. If your opponent is just Jigotai-ing (dropping like a bag of potatoes) you can't lift someone, you can't gain momentum and so on. Yes, most people in a fight (even BJJ guys) will try to punch and stay on their feet, so you can throw with the force of the whole planet. But in a 1 on 1 match the BJJ guy can enforce his game.
Another reason is that it's kinda hard to predict what a throw does to the opponent. Of course a Judoka could try to severely hurt the other guy with a throw, but generally a throw doesn't knock out a grappler (on softer ground). On the other hand BJJ has a head start on ground fighting.
Also: let's not forget that the whole story about Newaza, how the Fusen-Ryu guys (groud specialists) were the only JJ style that posessed a threat to Judo, how early Judoka often "pulled guard" because it was damn succesfull in competitions.
I'm not saying a Judoka would be helpless and of course he could be lucky and destroy the BJJ guy with an Daki-age, but from my point of view BJJ has an edge here.

(...)
>>
(continuing >>815213)

4.) BJJ has No-Gi, which is an amazing part of grapping.

5.) BJJ is softer to your body, it doesn't fuck up your knees, shoulders and hips in the long run (but it might give you cauliflower ears).

NOW why am I prefering Judo though?

1.) Judo makes you tougher. In a fight I'd rather get choked by a dude then getting thrown, so I want to avoid getting thrown and throw the other guy instead as much as possible. If I get thrown I can land pretty savely because I have trained it quite a lot and practiced my free falling a lot of times.

2.) For me Judo seems more "natural", it goes together with other fighting styles pretty well (from Boxing of MT clinch you can immediately start Judo throws).

3.) If there's more than one dude or you're fighting on pavement, Judo might be the better option. While a BJJ guy is also not helpless in stand up, Judo has a lot of nasty foot sweeps and other stuff to deal with someone pretty fast.

4.) Judo has a good "natural" ratio of standup/ground fighting, because in a usual fight, most brawls end in a clinch. So the Judo tactic would be "throw him to get rid of him (or even injure him), and if you REALLY REALLY have to go to the ground, end it quick.."

5.) Newaza is not as elaborated as BJJ, ground game, but is fast paced and definately good enough to hold your own pretty well against someone in a street fight (and to go down swining against any grappler).

6.) BJJ culture doesn't appeal to me, many guys I've met feel like the pinnacle of martial arts just because they got their blue belt. I find Judoka generally more humble (of course there are assholes). At least that's my impression.

7.) Judo is hard but honest. At the beginning you get ragdolled a lot and if you are actually good at Judo, you are good at fighting.

8.) For me, Judo feels like more action. I like what one of the Gracies (Roger?) said, that Judo is BJJ's mean old brother while BJJ is the more collected younger brother..

BOTH ARE GREAT !!!
>>
File: gent m1 -81 15.jpg (54 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
gent m1 -81 15.jpg
54 KB, 640x960
>>800636
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO2t_HG0gqM
Holy shit. Nice.

>>813894
Get the angle right, extend the arm, and keep his hand above his hand above his elbow joint.

>>815159
>but it has more complete takedowns
Only in theory. I crosstrain in both, and while BJJ is my playground for trying all sorts of takedowns since the 2013 Judo rules update, my source for all of those is either Judo or wrestling. Still, I'm extremely happy I have the opportunity to work on doubles, singles, high crothes and anything related to grabbing legs.

Unrelated, just had my first Judo tournament. Our club took part in the Interclub championship, lowest division again as we were forced to skip a year due to my friend - our +90kg player - dying in a car accident and people changing weight classes leaving us with too many weight class gaps.
Had 4 matches - two of them above my weight class due to our +90kg guy getting knocked out in his first match and our -90 moving to +90, with me taking the -90 spot as a -81. Won 3 of them, narrowly losing my first match in -90 (wazari and three missed armbars vs 2 wazari with 16 seconds to go). Won the second with a collar choke to counter drop seoi, third with hadaka jime/modified RNC to counter drop seoi (also injured up his arm with armbar, felt bad), fourth match due to injury of opponent after a serious pick-up. He scored a wazari with uchi mata 10 seconds in and looked like he knew I was outclassed, figured I wasn't having any of that, picked him up around the waist to counter his second uchi mata and dropped him like a sack of bricks. He put his hand to stop the fall, and then it took our combined weight during impact. Felt bad, but he didn't have to go to hospital luckily. Pic related.

Tl;dr: first tournament, 3 wins, 1 loss, but I injured two people. Felt bad, but we're also moving up to 3rd division again as we went 4-1-1 to 2nd place, only (narrowly) losing to the team that came straight from 2nd division. Also, thank you BJJ.
>>
Sine I'm thinking about starting judo, what are some of the currently shit competition rules that you guys mention sometimes?
>>
>>815449
>grabbing/touching a leg with a free hand during standing fighting equals disqualification
>limited time for groundwork during competition
>gripping rules are restrictive

On the plus side, pulling guard nets you a penalty and a restart.
>>
>>815461
Pull guard sucks, but what's the rationale behind the leg torching? That's bullshit
>>
>>815663
It's because the ijf wanted to differentiate judo from wrestling
>>
>>815461
I never understood why grip-fighting is discouraged so much. It seems like the best way to throw someone would be to dominate the grips and work to a position where you can throw them but they can't throw you.
>>
>>815780
That literally is what you're supposed to do. They just limit some grips to avoid stalling.
>>
>>815663
It's because they don't care about anything except the Olympics.

They want it to:
>"Look faster and more dynamic"
>"Be easier to distinguish from wrestling" (apparently the gi isn't enough)
>>
>>816223
honestly i think the olympic committee has a say as well. not in terms of rules but as in 'make your sport look special and attract viewers or else youre out', so i cant really blame the IJF

being in the olympics made the sport famous, widely available worldwide and cheap to participate. id rather have that than a standing like BJJ, where you have a great rep but good gyms are rare and ridiculously expensive
>>
>>816312
At least the IJF aren't the ISSF.

When a similar sport was being proposed to the Olympic committee, they went on a full smear campaign where they literally called the other sportsmen murderers and have tried numerous times to have it banned.
>>
>>816319
>a similar sport
Which one?
>>
>>816331
IPSC.
ISSF does static target shooting, but IPSC runs around and shoots reactive targets.

The ISSF were scared of losing their gravy train because they know fully well that their sport's boring as fuck to watch and IPSC's a great spectator sport.
>>
>>816332
>IPSC
Neato, looking into them now. I'm a /k/ommando martial autist, so practical shooting sports are right up my alley. My hometown shooting buddies and I set up targets and obstacles and shit in an old quarry pit when we're visiting and it's hella fun.
>>
I used to do muay thai which I guess is considered hardcore by laypeople and now I do judo and how do I not fuck other people up accidentally.

I mean am I just supposed to never do knee osoto gari while sparring?
>>
>>816369
I mean, judo seems to be very traumatic compared to MT.
>>
File: O soto gari quick.gif (1 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
O soto gari quick.gif
1 MB, 360x202
>>816369

Concentrate more on throwing the guy than on striking the guy.Get your technique up to speed before your amp up the aggression level. Make sure you are in control from the start to finish of the throw. You'll get it eventually.

Also, it's a contact sport. Sometimes injuries happen.
>>
>>816369

>how do I not fuck other people up accidentally.

If you throw someone you are responsible for yourself as well as the guy you are throwing, at least in randori. Always check your partner, some guys are sturdy (and you can do anything you want) other guys not.

Also get technically good at a technique before enven thinking about applying it in randori (let alone shiai/competition). It's no good if you have tried a certain technique one or two times and "just try it". If you are really really good at a technique the chances to injure someone are rather small, but if you aren't good at it you rather enforce your throw by power than by actual technique. From a theorerical point of view (take it with a grain of salt): "if it's difficult and feels like muscle power, it isn't really Judo."
You'll understand what I mean when you get thrown by a higher belt (brown s upwards), you can't do anything and yet it doesn't actually feel like power, but almost "softly".

3.) Randori is not supposed to be "full force sparring", there is some stuff you just don't do (or at least not with full power). If you do a full force Soto Makikomi in Randori you are just a dick - at least from my point of view. Use as much force as necessariy, but as little as possible.
>>
I haven't done done Judo, or any regular physical activity, in about a decade but I want to go back and practice again. Should I hit the gym and get in basic shape or go directly to the club?
>>
>>816973
Go directly to the club, supplement with the gym and good nutrition. Godspeed, friend.
>>
how do you handle guys with fucking long as arms

I was randoring this guy and I could barly get anything in because he kept stiffing up on his mile long arms
>>
>>818447
kumi kata/grip fight. stiff arm mean he's leaning into you and hips are shoved back. jar uke and pummel in/yank in.

Use your ashi waza/foot sweeps as a jab and jar his balance. but if you're constantly trying to rush and push in of course you can't get close.

Figure and think how to circle around, choke up on your sleeve grip and grab the trap or elbow, grip the same side lapel.

Uchi mata, drop seoi and low tai otishi are the go to, for super defense stiff armers.
>>
>>818454
>Uchi mata, drop seoi and low tai otishi
God yes on the tai otoshi.

Tomoe nage and even sode tsurikome goshi can also work.
>>
>>818447
superior grip, arm drag, tomoe nage
being on defensive position will give him a shido anyway
>>
File: uchi mata zantaria lift.gif (2 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
uchi mata zantaria lift.gif
2 MB, 360x203
>>818447

Grip fight until you have the grips you want. For tall, lanky folks, I usually fight until I have a lapel and armpit grip. Then you're really running the leverage game.

Here's a good tutorial from a great, though tragically short lived, blog.

http://thedifficultway.blogspot.ca/2011/02/dealing-with-stiffy.html

>>818454

All great advice.
>>
>>818809
>http://thedifficultway.blogspot.ca/2011/02/dealing-with-stiffy.html
kek at "The club" i quit judo as 13 year old because i wasnt making progress and only got fucked up. Also in that age i didnt have the reflexion to work on my own and improve without guidance.

>went bakc there after 10 years and still the same shit, some youngsters are prepared for the tournaments, only 2 people beyond 25 still there, they are both very strong builds
>Some ox is the trainers hope for the tournaments
>we circle around him so he can uki gochi or seoi nage us in high frequency
>he ends up picking us up and slamming us (guy is 2m)
>several newbies and kids among us
>we couldnt build ukemi skills
>he didnt gave a fuck about making us land safely
>"gotta go hard"
>everyone in the club is injured beyong repair before they get to their 20s

I realize physique always plays a fundamental role but sometimes i feel like technique development doesnt happen if you waste your students and throw the old ones away and get the fresh ones for the next season.
>>
moves if im a left handed manlet?
i really feel like i could land tons of right handed seoi or tai otoshis because of my left handed grip, but is it worth practicing right handed throws? its pretty difficult for me.
>>
File: chain combo drop seoi.gif (2 MB, 360x201) Image search: [Google]
chain combo drop seoi.gif
2 MB, 360x201
>>818872
depends on you and how well your coaches train you. at the highest levels of judo and tournie play a majority of top tier judoka throw leftie.

The real elite can combo left to right. So it depends on how well of a teacher your coaches are. And how well you can learn from them.
>>
>>818875
im pretty sure i could learn it but im talking about the time i will spend drilling that shit instead of spending my time honing other stuff.
my coach can fight both sides. he's right handed but throw lefty all the time and is an int champion.
i dont plan on getting on that level, even if i wanted to. but im wondering on how much more throws i could land if i knew right handed throws. i waste a fuckton of energy to get into a position where a left handed throw fits. the nigga just has to get back into his natural position and he's safe. of course it's hell for him to attack too but i feel like im not agressive enough.
>>
File: can can uchi to harai.gif (2 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
can can uchi to harai.gif
2 MB, 360x202
>>818883
>other stuff
What other stuff, your coach is teaching you something he thinks could aide you well in your growth as a judoka. Even if you're not going to compete learning to fight leftie and or both sided will help you growth but leaps and bounds. Now i understand the frustration of learning another side, but you're not missing out on anything but you need to learn to be patient with yourself as you develop these new angles of attacking.

Reading your last sentence you also need to rethink your fighting style/attitude you need to be aggressive but honestly I've been coaching both wrestling at a high school level and been doing judo for awhile. Not matter how much i talk to an athlete its ultimately up to their mind how aggressive or passive they are as they attack. But you will always hear your coaches yelling at you to "Go First"/"Attack first" etc etc in terms of aggression.
>>
just got my rokyu

now when do i stop falling down every time someone breathes in my direction
>>
>>819053
congrats on the blue. just keep working on your tokui waza, focus on that one throw you are confident in. and get more mat time for randori and uchi komis.
>>
>>818897
well i had 2 coaches telling me to do right handed seoi. its just that it took me SO FUCKING LONG to learn the lefty seoi and I barely know it, i find it crazy to learn a right handed one
>>
>>796635
I saw her head bounce a bit too
>>
>>818872
Righty here, I use a lefty grip quite a bit and use it to lead into lefty harais, hanes and uchi matas.

You should be able to fight at least slightly ambidextrously, because your grips and stance won't always be exactly what you want.
>>
>>794489
>Sankyu ,
>Started Judo when I was 7.
>Just turned 22.
I have done judo thus far almost non stop my entire life. Took a slight break to try jiu jitsu, no gi submission wrestling, and muay thai. Always stuck with Judo more than the rest, even though I do them from time to time.
Havent competed much since I was a kid, but I train with several pro mma fighters, and two nationally ranked judoka on a daily basis. I love judo, it's just a shame how the IJF is ruining it.
>>
>>819554
As far as techniques, I am really lanky at around 6' 68kg. I absolutely love ashi waza. Within the past few years of training, the dojos i have attended have seen large influxes of wrestlers. Nothing catches a lad that is all hunched over "stiff arming" like a lil push back with a ko uchi gake.
>>
>>807264
and how much would the monthly cost be?
>>
>>815213
>you start sparring earlier
that's not true at all
>have a better competition system which doesn't put low belts against much higher belts
that's a shitty comparison when judo has more belts than bjj
>The BJJ guy would grab him and lock him down without injuring them.
again not true at all. once it goes to the ground judo is much more focused on pinning than bjj, where you fight until someone taps. no one's gonna tap in a streetfight
>On the other hand BJJ has a head start on ground fighting.
brah when someone slams you on the ground you have anything but a head start. have you ever been in a fight?

>>815222
>BJJ is softer to your body, it doesn't fuck up your knees, shoulders and hips in the long run
citation needed

>Judo makes you tougher
>Judo seems more "natural"
honestly brah you're talking out of your ass here and I find it hard to believe you ever practiced either of those two for more than a few weeks
>>
File: judo-injuries.jpg (31 KB, 638x479) Image search: [Google]
judo-injuries.jpg
31 KB, 638x479
>>820269

>that's not true at all

Maybe bad wording.. But with NeWaza you can start much earlier because you don't have to build up Ukemi skills. Also when TachiWaza beginns it takes a lot of time until you can do someting. At this point you are already on a good NeWaza level in BJJ.

>that's a shitty comparison when judo has more belts than bjj

It's not a matter of belts. You often see Yellow belts matched up against Greenbelts or Green Belts against Blackbelts in Judo. It's just a differnt system.

>no one's gonna tap in a streetfight

No need to tap when you can control the other guy's body or just let him have a nap with a Hadaka Jime/Mata Leao..

>brah when someone slams you on the ground you have anything but a head start. have you ever been in a fight?

A couple of. But have you read the rest of what I wrote? The part where I wrote that Judo has an advantage on hard ground but BJJ on soft ground, or how you can just drop like a bag of potatoes and enforce a ground fight? There's a reason that in the Kodokan a lot of guys just "pulled guard"..

>citation needed

What citation? Just ask the average Judoka how many operations they had and than ask the average BJJ guy..

>honestly brah you're talking out of your ass here

Uhm.. So you don't think Judo has much injuries?

>and I find it hard to believe you ever practiced either of those two for more than a few weeks

Likewise. Why don't you add some good points instead of just saying "not true, not true.."?
>>
>>820303
good points for what? little of what you said had truth to it and you don't give a shit about proofing anything. there's nothing else to do but calling you out on it

>No need to tap
you'r ignoring the point. you literally said judokas are out to hurt their opponent which is complete bullshit
>The part where I wrote that Judo has an advantage on hard ground but BJJ on soft ground, or how you can just drop like a bag of potatoes and enforce a ground fight?
again you ignore the point. you said a bjj is in the advantage after being thrown by a judoka on a soft mat. I don't even why you would ever think that you're gonna end up in an advantage position after being thrown

not to mention that you're seriously talking about a street fight on a soft ground with bjj comp rules and think that's a good example
on the street, no matter what surface, you're gonna get stomped if you 'drop like a bag of potatoes', or worse, I'm just gonna walk out on you and call the cops because you're obviously a crazy man
if you're talking about bjj rules yeah of course bjj has the advantage and vice verca

>What citation?
>my anecdotal evidence proofs me right
yea ok
>Uhm.. So
'uhm.. so' followed by >implying
great arguing skills brah
>>
I probably should try to get comfortable with doing left hand and right handed grips and throws as early as I can, right?

just a white belt here who just started 3 weeks ago
>>
>>820563
only 3 weeks? be patient it takes months to get the shape and form of a throw down during uchikomis and even more time to feel and find the timing to land it during randori.

Just be patient with yourself as you get more comfortable with either side you are taught to do.
>>
>>820336
>not to mention that you're seriously talking about a street fight on a soft ground with bjj comp rules and think that's a good example
Judo and street fighting is based on theory.
BJJ and street fighting is based on policial pages and condemnations for battery.

If Judo is so good to fight at the streetz then why you never heard of a judoka breaking hell on Rio?
Judo: -1.
BJJ: 9999.

Uh mad? Keep training your "pretend" tough martial art. I will keep going with what actually works in the real world.
>>
>>820661
why are you shit posting? its boring. there's actually a lot of judofags here that post a lot of good knowledge. So instead of posting the usual derp herp 4chan shit post ask some good questions or post something neat.
>>
>>820661
also here's some gifs of judo in various street fights/self defense scenarios
>>
File: judo in the streets uchi mata.gif (1 MB, 260x190) Image search: [Google]
judo in the streets uchi mata.gif
1 MB, 260x190
>>820666
>>
File: judo self defense tai otoshi.webm (2 MB, 738x416) Image search: [Google]
judo self defense tai otoshi.webm
2 MB, 738x416
>>820669
>>
File: Zangrief suplex.gif (3 MB, 333x187) Image search: [Google]
Zangrief suplex.gif
3 MB, 333x187
>>
File: Zangrief suplex2.gif (3 MB, 324x182) Image search: [Google]
Zangrief suplex2.gif
3 MB, 324x182
>>
>>820666
Dat nigger ded
>>
Why is judo so hard and how can I make it less hard?
>>
>>829836
>Because the entire sport is about getting into fights with people who know how to fight
>By training a lot
>>
>>829836
It's hard because it works, anon. You're probably fighting a lot of people who've been doing it for much longer than you, people who can throw and attack without needing to really think about it, whereas you're still at the stage where you have to think about each attack before executing it.

You can make it less hard by training more.
>>
File: Ko Uchi Makikomi 2.gif (1 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
Ko Uchi Makikomi 2.gif
1 MB, 360x202
>>829836

>>829901
>>829918

These two nailed it.

Additionally, you can do shit outside Judo to up your fitness level. You'll learn quicker if you can keep up with your training partners; if you're fresh and alert, you can pay attention and learn while getting thrown. If you're sucking wind and holding back vomit, you're not going to notice any details.

Anyone interested in this Fighting Films coaching series coming out? The vids look pretty decent, but I'm a little put off that I can't download anything (just streaming). I'm also wondering if the videos are permanently available, or if they'll be taken down after a certain period.

example vids.
Ko soto off the grip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O4KAN2aMMo

Drop Knee Tai Otoshi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmNKfTVf2i8

https://superstarjudo.com/
>>
>>820336

Look, this conversation is alittle bit too much about "me vs. you" and not too much about the actual topic. In my opinion you misunderstood some concepts about Judo and BJJ, but you would probably claim the same about me, so there's no point in arguing.
Just notice there is a lot of street fighting videos on BJJ as well as the whole history how BJJ develloped (from the Judo beginnings about wrestling influences and the constant competition against Luta Livre).

>>820746

No, he's fine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRTsabfMTgs

>>829836

What do you mean by "hard"?

It's tough to your body because falling is hard. But similar to boxing you train to made the unpleasant parts (impact) less unpleasant by proper technique. And after all the whole point of throws is applying force by using gravity against your opponent by off balancing him and/or accelerating him towards the ground.

And Judo is complicated, because people train to stay balanced for their whole life. So to make them fall you have to do multiple movements at the same time, your footwork, your pulling hand, your lifting hand.. all those movements are difficult by themselves, and doing them in combination is even harder and to apply them in a "flow" (without intention) you really have to made those movements natural to you. But that's exactly the thought behind Randori and Shiai, you try to get very close to a real fight making it very hard for you. So in a real fight you allready have a lot of "unconsicous knowledge" about movements which you can apply.
>>
>>829970
>Anyone interested in this Fighting Films coaching series coming out?

Bought my subscription today because it looked pretty great and doesn't seem all that expensive to me. I've only really had a short look so far, but there's an absolute fuckton of content in there.
>>
>>829975
you literally said judo is about hurting people and that 'dropping like a bag of potatoes' is an effective fighting strategy

just because im dramatizing for entertainment purposes doesnt make the things youre wrong about a matter of 'me vs. you'

you made a lot of statements in your original post that you cant or maybe just dont want to back up
there are people trying to decide between bjj and judo and youre telling them shit like
>you wont spar early in judo
>but judo will make you tougher and will make you hurt people
>bjj will win against judo because you can counter throws by dropping like a potatoe
>but judo feels more natural
literally none of these things are true
>>
File: lift uchi.gif (1 MB, 277x187) Image search: [Google]
lift uchi.gif
1 MB, 277x187
>>830166

Good to hear. I heard confirmation that any vids put up will be there permanently, so it looks like a much better deal than I previously thought. Might myself a subscription for Christmas.
>>
>>820676
What kind of shirt is that guy wearing?
>>
>>830579
Just sat and watched all the kumi kata video's, it's given me a lot to think about.
>>
What are you some exercises at the gym I can do to help me improve at judo? I know cardio is important but what about strength training? I hear doing the big 4 (squats, bench, overhead press, and deadlift) helps but I want to hear other's opinions. I'm not looking to do uchikomi since I'm relatively new so I don't want to develop bad habits.
>>
File: setsugi.jpg (66 KB, 235x355) Image search: [Google]
setsugi.jpg
66 KB, 235x355
>>830697

The big four are great. For conditioning, the only thing that comes close to the anaerobic workout of randori, in my experience, are kettlebell circuits. YMMV, but it's worth a try.

Gi question. I want a new gi, but my only experience is with Fuji. How well do sizes translate from brand to brand? I'm a size 4 in Fuji, but the only measurement that Matsuru lists for that is 5'7'', and I'm 5'10''. Worried about the sleeve length.
>>
>>830731
The brands all have different sizing. I think fuji has gis for broader shoulders then other brands. It's tough to find the sizing when you don't have a store nearby that lets you try them on.
>>
>>830301

Jeez, you really want to fight this out?

>you literally said judo is about hurting people

I was talking about a self defence scenario and I was saying that a Judoka would rather rely on throws (his primary art) which are inherently more dangerous than ground fighting.

>and that 'dropping like a bag of potatoes' is an effective fighting strategy

I buy "Jigotai and Shizentai" for 500..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z95BTxVrfKk

>you wont spar early in judo

To be completely honest it was a Typo, I meant "going to tournements", which start a lot later in Judo. But even sparring starts later, or have you done Randori withint the first few weeks? Even if you had it would have been pointless unless you want to train your Ukemi skills.

>but judo will make you tougher and will make you hurt people

It does. For non-Judoka Judo is pretty hard..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OARa6KXur0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9_J04cVEeQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42O-kO4Q-R8

..including BJJ guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7BJ3NhOj9E

>bjj will win against judo because you can counter throws by dropping like a potatoe

I was talking about a certain situation here (soft ground, average fighters with the same amount of training time). I also gave historical eveidence (Fusen-Ryu vs. early Judo, "pulling guard" in Kodokan Judo as a popular strategy).

>but judo feels more natural

That was my personal opinion. I'm sorry if you can't take it.
>>
>>829975
>No, he's fine:
Oh, shit. That wasn't even a real fight? He just got fucked up while they were playing around?
>>
File: 1413175800143.gif (768 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1413175800143.gif
768 KB, 360x360
>>830734

That's what's going to affect me. I have fairly broad shoulders and short-ish arms. I can't find the relative sizes online, either. An example ratio of sleeve length to gi size would be great, since that's the most relevant measurement under the ruleset.

>To be completely honest it was a Typo, I meant "going to tournements", which start a lot later in Judo. But even sparring starts later, or have you done Randori withint the first few weeks? Even if you had it would have been pointless unless you want to train your Ukemi skills.

Not that guy, but I started with randori after my third class or so, and I went to my first tournament as soon as I got my yellow belt, about three-four months in. Most dojos I've seen try to get people started in randori and shia early, so it doesn't seem like such a big step later on in your training.
>>
>>830789
I did randori in my first session.
Sure, I only managed two rounds in our half-hour randori time because I was unfit as fuck, but I definitely tried. Most of the newbies in my club start randori in the first couple of weeks.

And it's not like we're trying to destroy each other in randori. I was obviously a new white belt, so my partner was going slowly and letting me try things.

Also, pulling guard as a legitimate strategy is entirely different to how beej guys do it.
You don't just drop on the ground and wait for them to attack you, and you definitely don't jump up onto them and hug them like a retarded koala.
It's also very, very, very situational.
For instance, if I try a tomoe nage and get countered, I won't try and get back up. I'll pull guard and go from there.
You don't pull guard right at the start of a fight because you realise that you have no idea how to fight. That's just retarded.
>>
>>831218
>And it's not like we're trying to destroy each other in randori. I was obviously a new white belt, so my partner was going slowly and letting me try things.
Exactly this. Letting the new guy practice his throws in a more dynamic environment than just doing uchikomi helps him learn and retain interest, and everyone, no matter their rank, always needs more ukemi practice. Ukemi and tai sabaki are things that should be practiced every day, even your off day.
>>
I'm doing Catch/Judo/ and Kickboxing

In judo I am working on Ukemi, Sasae Tsurikomi Ashi, and Ippon Seoi Nage with Ruben Martin.
I drilled today in Catch pulls and I actually managed to find to throws that can be applied, one was Sasae Tsurikomi Ashi which I did with a right underhook and bring my left wrist grip close to me and tripping the leg and gets me into side mount. Another was that my catch coach had my right arm locked with his left so I go his right hand wrist and preceded to pull his right hand to off balance him and just did an inside reap. So it was pretty cool.

> Judo White Belt
> Catch + kickboxing for 3 weeks now
>>
>>831231
What is tai sabaki? I'm new, is it like shadow boxing?
>>
>>831289
footwork
>>
>>831218
>You don't pull guard right at the start of a fight because you realise that you have no idea how to fight. That's just retarded.
Except this actually works
>>
>>831329
>Except this actually works
When you're banned from doing anything even remotely throw-related, sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiXSuvZ4N0o
>>
>>831340
More "illegal slams".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW0-FtqSFLs

But jumping up on them and hugging them like a retard totally werks, guise!
>>
>>794489
Where is a tasteful location for a 4" circular dojo patch on a judogi? Are there tournaments that disallow patches? If so, could I put my patch on with white velcro and tear it off for those tournaments?
>>
>>831453
Put it on your buttcheek.
>>
>>796188
Ukemi every day, every direction: left side, right side, backwards, forwards, and forward-rolling.

Also, check out the bodyweight thread. I only looked briefly, but it looks as though they've got some good joint conditioning stuff.
>>
>>831456
Sensei won't let me put any more layers between my buttcheek and his firm grappler's grasp.
>>
>>831459
Neck bridges should be considered a part of ukemi.

Do lots of neck bridges.
>>
>>831461
I like neck bridges a lot, but why do you lump them in with ukemi?
>>
>>831463
>Have strong neck
>Unexpected drop seoi nage
>Land on head
>Neck isn't broken
>>
File: bridge drill.gif (865 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
bridge drill.gif
865 KB, 300x300
>>831465

This right here. There is no good reason to not have a strong neck. Get bridgin'.
>>
>>830697
>>830731
Rows and pull-ups are more beneficial for Judo than OHP and especially bench press. Deadlifts are king due to grip and posture.
>>
>>831465
Huh, a very good point. I'll add neck bridges to my no-time-to-train training routine.
>>
>>830865

>He just got fucked up while they were playing around?

I'm not sure, but I thought maybe it was her drunken husband starting some shit..

>>830869

>I started with randori after my third class or so

OK. But honestly, I find it hard to believe that you had proper Ukemi after three lessons. Of course you can do "white belt randori" where the other part is literally doing nothing - but even if you just trained one single throw (say ippon seionage) for three lessons most people won't be able to apply it even against a Uke that is not moving. Lesson three is about "basic positions" (Kesa Gatame and on) and getting the very fundamentals of one, two throws. What would you do in randori? For me thats not randori, even if the coach might be nice and call it "randori" for the white belt because "muh kyoei"..

>>831289

Do you even know what youtube is?

>>831218

>You don't just drop on the ground and wait for them to attack you

..which is exactly how it was used in early Judo tournaments. One of the reasons it was banned very early because it led to devensive behaviour. People who were NeWaza specialists used it to enforce groudn fighting against people with better stand up (and they were NeWaza specialists before BJJ was a thing and the IJF was fuckign up Judo).

But even if you feel it's "unmanly" to just sit on the ground and argue that it's only useful for ground fighting, often times it's just faster to let someone come in you guard, sweep him and finish him instead of exhausting yourself in a wild charge in battle for the top. Differnt tactics for differnt people.
>>
>>794489
I was pretty sick for a few years (colitis) and fell out of shape. I joined my local YMCA to get back into karate but couldn't afford it with the Y membership. I saw a flyer for a free Judo class and after reading it, I thought "throw people?" and laughed.

I took it anyway because it was free and I needed to do something.

Holy shit, I loved it. Fought against Shijiro Sasaki in my first tourney and got deashi'ed the FUCK OUT.
I trained at there for a year or so, and went to uni, but gas prices started to get stupid. Found out there was a club and I joined. Worked up to sankyu and am trying to make time to get to black soon in these next few tourneys.

Anybody have those judo dreams?
You know what I'm talking about.
>>
File: Uchimata-sukashi.gif (2 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
Uchimata-sukashi.gif
2 MB, 360x240
>>832938

>OK. But honestly, I find it hard to believe that you had proper Ukemi after three lessons

Didn't, but I had great training partners that could throw me with the softest landings possible. The idea was to get new judoka used to the moving randomness of randori. More of a psychological development than a skills and technique one.

I'm not an expert, but the club I started at was the home club of multiple ex-Olympic athletes and coaches, and they were all pretty adamant on early randori, and randori at every practice. There's gotta be something to it.

>>833094

Totally understand, dude. Judo is life.
>>
>>797264
you'd think not throwing your friends and relatives would be common sense, but i just wanna share so bad
>>
>>832938

> Do you even know what YouTube is?

Lol kid you must have a little dick cause you're too uppity bro.
>>
>>833280
I have this really bad reflex of wanting to turn hugs into hip throws.
>>
>>833094
Good choice.
Krotty (except for Kyokushin) is an absolute joke.
With judo, you're actually learning how to fight.
>>
So how come drop seoi nages are the most frequently seen variant of drop seoi nage? I see so many judoka go autistic on all the proper technique on the kata-form, but in competition they eagerly just throw themselves on the floor everytime.
>>
If I start doing judo, how do I make sure I don't fuck my shit up, particularly my knees.
>>
>>833717
It's going to happen eventually, just don't be a retard and you'll last a bit longer.
>>
>>831517
IMO squats>deadlifts even for judo. And bench is still important.

Squats>deadlifts, bench>barbell rows/chinups.

Which is a shame, because I always wanted to kroc row 100kg dumbbells. I doubt it'll help, especially considering I have zero idea about proper kroc row form.
>>
>>833860
As far as I'm concerned

- deadlift > squat because it trains the following more than squats
>grip - having a kumi kata that's almost impossible to break is huge
>posture/core - no kuzushi for your opponent is equally huge
Your quads won't be as developed, but posterior chain strength will benefit your Judo more anyway.

- rows/pull-ups/chin-ups > bench because
>grip again
>posture/core again
>pull-up/chin-up hangs will increase shoulder flexibility
>rows are essential for shoulder health
>I may pull with my arms alone to obtain kuzushi, but I'll always push with my feet, hips and whole body in general
>easier to maintain bench strength through rows/chins/pulls than vice versa
Even if I haven't benched for months (or, in once case, two years), my 1RM has never gone down more than 5kg as long as I do rows/chins/pulls.

>I have zero idea about proper kroc row form.
Perfect, other than controlling the last portion of the descent to avoid pulling a muscle or tendon that's almost all you need to know really.
>>
>>834296
Should I go high reps, low weights, or low weights high reps? I'm assuming you'd want the former.
>>
>>833341

I just can't stand stupid questions.

How was the old 4chan saying? Lurk more.
>>
>>833661
It's easier.
>>
>>833661
>So how come drop seoi nages are the most frequently seen variant of drop seoi nage?

I dunno, man. Why do you think Fuji apples are the most common variant of Fuji apples?
>>
File: janaemariekroc_instagram.jpg (403 KB, 922x579) Image search: [Google]
janaemariekroc_instagram.jpg
403 KB, 922x579
>>833860

> I have zero idea about proper kroc row form.

Just remember to wear heels.
>>
>>833661

Drop throws are ofte used for "Kuzushi cheating" by beginners who can't into Tsurite yet.
>>
>>834310
I personally stick to strength work most of the time as I occasionally compete in powerlifting, but a more sport specific routine would include
>a strength phase
>an endurance phase
>a sport specific phase with movements mimicking the sport itself
cycled one after another. Haven't tried it myself due to the above reason, but if you really want to keep it simple a routine geared towards strength will still provide significant benefits.
>>
Some guy hit me square in the jaw and chipped my tooth while going for an obi otoshi today. Feel like I'm going to have get a mouth guard.
>>
>>794489
How do you tie your really long hair? A bun on top of the head gets in the way of ground work, anything low towards the neck gets accidentally grabbed easily.
>>
>>835436
man im mirin and thinking of those powerful handjobs.
>>
File: drop seio.gif (2 MB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
drop seio.gif
2 MB, 245x180
>>835533
perhaps, and i do agree that people below blue, hell even below brown should be more mindful of spamming shitty drop variants. However its a goto and focused technique of development for a lot of juniors in japan and korea's school system, which is how they were/ or rather are able to develop such strong athletes at older ages.
>>
>>836197
>tfw I can't do seoi nages at all
>even drop seoi nages
Yellow belt lyf
>>
File: sliding shot drop seoi.gif (1 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
sliding shot drop seoi.gif
1 MB, 360x202
>>836198
at yellow you probably can't do a lot of things,its no problem. just get more mat time, and do more uchi komis and randori. focus on just one technique, before and after class and do at least 100 uchikomis each time. 50 standing/static, 50 moving/circling.
>>
>>835533
I just have never seen a standing seoi nage unless the opponent fucks up bog time or there is a big skills gap. Once you exclude Koga every seoi nage specialist is just dropping when facing someone on their level.

Yet thos old videos from the 50s definitely show a lot more 'proper seois'. I keep wondering what happened
>>
>>835607
My judo coach just told me that what you want is:
squats, deadlifts
close grip bench press
weighted chinups
maybe some variations of deadlifts
low rep strength sets are fine most of the time, but must include 20 rep squat sets @ 60% or so max weight for strength endurance.

Also useful: rock wall climbing, 30-40 meter sprints, handstand pushups (increase reps, not ROM).

He also said power cleans and such are kinda useless judo-wise. And also also, twisting ab exercises where you contract your abs and twist to one side are bad for your spine.

Might have misheard him on one of the points.
>>
>>836083
He said he is a lesbian in a man's body so no handjobs for you.
>>
>>836661
Back in the 50s, judo was a much slower game with very little emphasis on grip fighting.
>>
>>836661

difficult =/= impossible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHPR6aGtN6o
>>
>>837236

Meh, that video is too long..

Here is the important part:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXmaHbI4rX4
>>
Serious question, is judo gay?
>>
>>837830
what if it was? anything wrong with that?
>>
>>837830
Judo is a little gay, BJJ is no different from gay porn but they never take the pajamas off.
>>
>>836735
I've read from a lot of places that power clans are recommended because it helps with explosive strength. I think you remembered that one wrong.
>>
>>837833
Nothing, I just need to know if I should be gayer or straighter when training.

>>837837
Those aren't "pajamas", show some respect or you're a troll.
>>
File: slickhiptoss.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
slickhiptoss.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
Don't care about Judo but wanted to share with you this cool hip toss I saw in UFC tonight.
>>
>>837837
>but they never take the pajamas off
Clearly you've never done BJJ.
>>
>>837841
your webm is no bueno
>>
What are some good internet resoruces for judo techniques,some tips and videos?
White belt here btw
>>
>>838051
Kyuzo Mifune's work remains relevant to this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HkqMq8kXHw
>>
>>838055
This is just what I was looking for.
Thank you,anon
>>
>>836735
>He also said power cleans and such are kinda useless judo-wise.
Explosive power, grip and posterior chain strength are all desirable for Judo, so I can't really agree with this one. The biggest downside is that it takes quite a while to really master Olympic lifts - especially the snatch.
>And also also, twisting ab exercises where you contract your abs and twist to one side are bad for your spine.
Depends, but I agree that weighted spinal torsion is to be avoided. Then again, side bend variations also fit that description and, when done properly, will not cause spinal torsion.

More or less agreed with the rest though.

>>837841
Overhook versus a backtake is so much fun. Highly recommended, so easy and efficient it's hard to believe.
>>
What do you lot like so much about judo? I'm looking for a martial art to take up and Judo interests me. However, I've always found martial arts frustrating as it's so difficult actually remembering the techniques let alone pulling them off.
>>
>>838409
>difficult actually remembering the techniques

Have you heard of something called drilling? The point is not to remember what to do in the heat of the moment... it's to repeat it so much that it becomes muscle memory/part of your proprioception; stuff you can do WITHOUT thinking... stuff that doesn't require a sensory feedback loop in order for you to execute it properly.

That requires a lot of time and effort, but for any martial art, you're only going to get out of it what you put into it. Don't think of it as some kind of shortcut to fighting prowess.
>>
Been at this dojo for six months and practicing casually like 2 or 3 times a week.

Tonight, a few teachers said i could get black belt within a year if i train hard

Did i just waste time at a mcdojo?
http://kenseikai-judo.net/judo-lesso/kenseikai/

Or do i have some crazy potential?
>>
>>838587
Pretty sure that Japanese attitudes toward black belts are just really different from those of Western schools. Like, doesn't the Kodokan have a BB in a year program or something?
>>
>>837830
It's a little gay, I'll admit.

I got an erection once when I took a qt grill's back, that was awkward.

>>837840
>Those aren't "pajamas"
Aren't they? Isn't judo basically just Japanese pajama wrestling, and BJJ just hueaboo pajama wrestling?
>>
>>838587
If you trained like, 3 times a day and had a strong history with high-level sports you might be able to get a BB in a year.
Maybe.
>>
I saw a video of a guy wrapping a towel through the handle for a rowing machine and grabbing that to work out his grip strength. How valid is this on improving your grip strength?
>>
>>838850
pretty good actually, I use it for kettlebells too and my grip strength has definitely improved since starting it.

I use these though instead of a towel http://store.scramblestuff.com/Scramble-Grip-Trainers--Ninja-Black_p_156.html
>>
>>838446
No, I realize that. My issue is that I've boxed for a few years and the basics for that come fairly quickly and easily when compared to other martial arts. My issue is that most martial arts seem to do nothing for conditioning, instead focusing exclusively on technique.
>>
File: spinning sasae.gif (868 KB, 350x193) Image search: [Google]
spinning sasae.gif
868 KB, 350x193
>>838051

Matt D'Aquino's Beyond Grappling Channel is pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BeyondGrappling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHAlYRNMt-E&list=PL_yLXK1vk_nMC0-3pRn3S3zXsCSQz_EpG&index=2

>>838911

Judo tends to be pretty physical (moreso than BJJ, but less so than wrestling). You can expect to be doing some decent warm-ups and fairly intense drills followed by a lot of hard sparring after spending a few weeks training.

However, the dominant idea among Judo, and many other MA's, is that training is for technique, and you do most of your strength work/conditioning off the mats, on your own time.

Just out of interest, what other MA's have you tried, beyond boxing? There are a lot of ethnic dance/ ego worship styles out there, which could turn you off MA's pretty quick.
>>
>>838915
I did karate for about 5 years when I was really young but left when I discovered it was bullshit. I adore boxing due to its work ethic and the emphasis on discipline but was interested in getting involved in a grappling sport. If I could do wrestling I would but in the UK it's not really available. In a way I wish I'd never done karate as I feel it's really put me off Asian martial arts in general. In the past I've joined martial arts and tried to get into them but found myself frustrated and not satisfied with the fitness after a couple of months.
>>
>>838409

>What do you lot like so much about judo?

It's very versatile, you'll learn amazing stand up throws, you learn decent ground fighting, you'll learn grip fighting, locks, pins, chokes.. and defenses against all these things.

I've trained many martial arts and Judo is definately the best "stand alone system" I know.

Judo is also versatile in the way you can train it:
You want to be a top level athlete and fight your way up to glory? Do Judo.
You don't care for competitions and just want some excercises for staying healthy? Do Judo.
You are looking for a proven and effective self defense system? Do Judo.
You want to go on your own spiritual journey and are looking for wisdom, inner peace and so on? Do Judo.

I also like that Judo really works but is also peaceful. I have tried it against people who went agressive: a simple throw, a pin to the gound and we both waited wait until everything was cool again..

>I'm looking for a martial art to take up and Judo interests me. However, I've always found martial arts frustrating as it's so difficult actually remembering the techniques let alone pulling them off.

Well, Judo is Big. It's best to consider it as something you can learn for the rest of your life.

But even though there are A LOT of techniques, you don't have to learn them in one month and every Judo fighter has his (or her) special throws and throws he dislikes.

So if you are in competitions you usually just pull of your bunch of favorite throws (usually one for every throw direction). And even more so for self defense! If you know four good throws, the basic pins and maybe two locks you already have great tools for self defense.

Judo definately teaches you patience. The fist weeks you feel like an idiot, but after some weeks it suddenly "clicks" and you if you actually managed to throw someone it's a great feeling. I never met someone who regrets doing Judo and I'm kinda sad I only started it in my late twens. But it's still good fun.
>>
File: drop seio counter 2.gif (2 MB, 400x211) Image search: [Google]
drop seio counter 2.gif
2 MB, 400x211
>>838921

Go for Judo or BJJ, then. You should be able to find some good clubs in the UK with no problem, and the competition scene (for Judo at least) is pretty active.

IN general, look for a competition focus. Competition necessitates fitness, toughness and aggression, which in turn pressures clubs to ensure that their members (at least some of them) focus on those in addition to their technique. Thus, nearly any Judo or BJJ club will have a line up of fit and aggressive athletes as training partners.

I came out of the Infantry and started up at a competition focused Judo club, and the first few months had me feeling like I wanted to puke after practice, if that's any indication.

Tell you what, give us your general location (city, at least) and the Judoka on /asp/ can have a look at some local clubs, to let you know what looks legit.
>>
>>838986
I'm around the Birmingham area for uni but honestly my uni Judo club looks pretty poor (trains twice a week). Honestly, I've been trying to find a sport to fill the void boxing left but nothing has really been able to match that work ethic, dedication and intensity which I got from it. I may go to the uni club to have a browse but otherwise I may have to wait until after uni to try the sport.
>>
>>838986
Also, thanks for going out of your way to help. Don't see that much on the internet let alone 4chan.
>>
>>839028
Different anon here and fellow brit, the BJA has a useful tool to help you find a club

http://www.britishjudo.org.uk/find-a-club

I don't know where abouts in or near birmingham you live, but if Walsall is easy for you to get to, there is no better place to train in the UK. It's the "centre of excellence" and where all our olympic hopefuls train.
>>
>>794489

Orange, been training for 11 months

Slow and steady, almost everybody at my gym is way more experienced than me and white belts don't stick around, so its hard to see progress.

It was my first, I didn't place, very disappointed in myself

Osoto garri and uchimata, plus general newaza.
>>
>>842087
Eh, the difference between a good martial artist and a bad one is that a good one's willing to stick it out when they feel like they aren't progressing.

I've been doing it since the start of the year too, I'm a yellow belt.
I've already had one brief period where it felt like I wasn't making any progress, but now all of a sudden I can actually stand a chance against orange belts.
>>
>>842093
I'm going to stick with it regardless, I do judo for the love of judo.

I've noticed that, a year ago everyone could beat me without effort, now they still win but they have to work for it. That's progresses I guess.
>>
I've been wanting to get into Judo for quite some time now, but I also want to go back to Karate (practised when I was a kid), what do you guys think about cross training Karate and Judo?
>>
>>842589

I'm practicing both. Goes together very well.

Kimura (the Judoka who kicked ol' man Gracie's ass) was a good friend of the founder of Kyokushin Karate, Mas Oyama. Oyama was a also a 3rd Dan Judoka if i'm not mistaken. Kimura once said said the Karate Makiwara training helped him enhancing his Judo grip. But then again this was Kimura, the guy who trained O Soto Gari at trees and KO'd people with it on a regular basis and has his own lock..

Just make sure to not start both at the same time. Judo as well as Karate take their time and aren't exactly easy to your body. I started Judo and added Karate one year later, I would at least wait this long until cross training.
>>
>>842589
Why karate? Just for fun?
>>
File: ashi waza to ko soto gake.gif (2 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
ashi waza to ko soto gake.gif
2 MB, 360x202
>>839035

No problem, dude. Glad to help.
>>
File: Englmaier ashi waza baku 2015.webm (1 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Englmaier ashi waza baku 2015.webm
1 MB, 720x405
>>842640
Some variants of karate have really good version of ashi waza/foot sweeps that aren't found in judo BUT give a lot of synergy. Where as judo's foot sweeps are in clinch. Karate's are from striking range. We've seen some judoka and grappler turn MMA use them and we have seen some karate fighters use foot sweeps from striking range.

This webm is a judo footsweep
>>
File: machida foot sweep.gif (1 MB, 222x187) Image search: [Google]
machida foot sweep.gif
1 MB, 222x187
>>842775
karate based MMA fighter Lyoto Machida using a more karate based variant.
>>
File: Akiyama osto to foot sweep.gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Akiyama osto to foot sweep.gif
3 MB, 320x180
>>842783
>>
File: 1401037035741.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1401037035741.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>842789
>>
File: 1411202318337.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1411202318337.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>842793
>>
File: dashing ouchi.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
dashing ouchi.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>842795
>>
File: Papinashvili sahi waza.webm (877 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Papinashvili sahi waza.webm
877 KB, 720x405
>>842795
>>842797
>>
File: Dustin Pague footsweep.gif (3 MB, 400x232) Image search: [Google]
Dustin Pague footsweep.gif
3 MB, 400x232
>>842803
Forgot to add,
not sure which Judo Grand Prix this was. but the Georgian guy met against the German shown in>>842775
figured out his timing and counter the German's footsweep with his own footsweep. For many that probably doesn't seem impressive but from a grappling and judoka stand point that is insanely bad ass.

The gif i am posting here is a more Muay Thai flavor variant.
>>
File: clinch takedown ashiwaza.gif (2 MB, 445x250) Image search: [Google]
clinch takedown ashiwaza.gif
2 MB, 445x250
>>842811
>>
What's the different between doing a figure 8 finger taping and taping two fingers together? I had my first randori and the middle finger of my sleeve gripping hand has been sore for a couple days now.
>>
>>842789
I saw at least 3 punches he could have thrown.
>>
Would you lot recommend taking Judo? Interested in a martial art and Judo looks interesting and useful without relying too heavily on the asian spiritual shit. Would you recommend it as a self-defence system as well as a sport? I'm 21
>>
>>844211
Judo is my favorite martial art so far. Self-defence oriented schools are better than sport schools because sport schools sometimes teach you shitty things like falling wrong to win matches, but both are good.
>>
>>844211
You're in a judo general thread so of course you're going to get people that recommend it.

With that being said, it's my first martial art and I love it. It's one of the proven martial arts that works.
>>
File: tai otoshi quick.gif (1 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
tai otoshi quick.gif
1 MB, 360x202
>>844211

Judo's fun as fuck, so you won't regret taking it in any case.

On the self defense front, Judo focuses heavily on throwing people, pinning people, and little bit on submitting people. SO, by training Judo, you get good at throwing people (while avoiding getting thrown), controlling people on the ground (while escaping any controlling attempts from your opponent) and attacking the neck or joints (while defending your own). Generally, that checks a lot of decent self defense boxes.

There's no striking, though, which is a weakness. I think that the aggressive grip fighting taught by Judo would do a great job of negating an untrained strikers punches, but a decent, trained striker who is concentrating on keeping his distance, would definitely give you trouble. A little Muay Thai or Boxing training in addition to your Judo would shore you up pretty good.

Judo (along with other grappling sports) also allows you a very high volume of real-time sparring training. Once you learn how to breakfall decently on cushioned padded floor, and learn when to tap, you can spar full bore with partners at every practice. When I was doing 4 sessions a week (three technique class + one 'randori night' class) I was easily logging about 20+ 3-4 minute sparring sessions (both ground fighting and standing) every week. That's a lot of mat time contributing to a persons 'fight iq'.

Try it out for awhile, power through that faggoty part when you start boo-hooing about how hopelessly bad you are, and see for yourself.
>>
>>842589
Karate is a great martial art, but only if it's kyokushin.
Shotokan is an absolute joke and you should never train it.
>>
>>844424
>>844424
Thanks, this helps a lot. I think I definitely will try out the sport - possibly do it around climbing. Would 2-3 times a week be enough you think? 1.5 hours a session. I boxed a lot when I was younger and still do it every now and then so I can at least do the basics of it
>>
>>844244
>>844424
How does judo do well for self defense when people don't wear judo uniforms in the street? Seems to be the entire style relies on the opponent wearing specialized clothes . In the streets you see people wear thin shirts which would rip if you grab them like a judo person does?
>>
What do Judokas think of Aikido?
>>
>>844471
Would doing Judo and climbing be an issue? I intend to do climbing as conditioning alongside some strength-based weightlifting
>>
>>844472
it's not like you cant adapt your grip, and a lot of throws work without the gi, any non-retarded judoka can still throw someone despite them wearing a shirt
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.