[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do short distance runners train any sort of running "technique"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: sprinters-glutes.jpg (198 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
sprinters-glutes.jpg
198 KB, 640x360
Do short distance runners train any sort of running "technique" or they just focus on the physical conditioning?
>>
Sure. If you want to improve your times just do lots of explosive squats and lunges.
>>
You will never ever ever ever ever find a high level athlete that doesn't train technique.
>>
yes there is technique, I have spent entire practices just working on coming off the blocks

like when you take off, your first step should already be forward and on the ground before you even begin to stand
>>
>>793537
Yes.

There's a certain way sprinters "run". It's almost as if you're pedaling a bicycle. Google is your friend.
>>
Ex-national level hurdler here. We did loads of technique. Summer training was split between speed work and technique (running, blocks and hurdling). Winter training was more strength and fitness stuff, what we termed vomit training.
>>
I had a friend in high school that was in track.
There's technique practice, I even learned some.
>>
>>793537

Yeah, the technique goes like this:

1) Fist you make a step with your right.
2) Then you make a step with your left.
3) Repeat steps 1 and 2 if necessary.
>>
>>794365
But whats the 4th step?
>>
All running has technique training. If you aren't getting technique training, you should find a new coach.

You'll be able to run fast if you work out, but if you want to win races, you need form and strategy.

#prayfor/asp/
>>
>>793550
>Explosive squats

Personally i'd recommend box jumps, as long as you step down from the box, it reduces risk of injury.

OR deck squats to begin with to prepare your body for the stress of plyometrics

Don't wanna bust a knee.
>>
>>799968
A dude with whom I did mma runs world masters 100m and 200m. I see him in the gym doing jump squats all the time and he's in his 40s
>>
>>793537
they practice the start of their run a lot
>>
>>800394
The start of the run is different from normal activity. That's why I asked this question, because running is just a natural skill, and it doesn't seem that there's much to learn about it.
>>
>>806073
>it doesn't seem that there's much to learn about it.
You need to unlearn a lifetime of shit technique
>>
>>798122
4) cross the line first
>>
>>793830
Wait, people don't naturally run like that?
It's not exactly like pedaling a bike but...running.
How do you fuckers run then? No wonder why I sprint like a Kenyan but am shit at long distances.
>>
>>809325
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BmtGNjm7BE
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.