[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rome wasn't built in a day, but Roman will be. Roman Reigns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9
File: thenicesthair.gif (672 KB, 450x248) Image search: [Google]
thenicesthair.gif
672 KB, 450x248
Rome wasn't built in a day, but Roman will be. Roman Reigns obligatory celebration thread get in here.
>>
File: 1438684583863.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1438684583863.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>>
>>782537
fuck he is a good looking man
>>
>OP
>>
>>782537

Are you aware of how the Roman 'Empire' even began. Tip Brutus and the knives.
>>
Is he the Leonardo DiCaprio of WWE?

The guy who always comes up short.
>>
>>788450

That is the nephew Octavian aka Augustus Caesar abolishing the senate and declaring himself Emperor. Basic Roman 101 for you Americans
>>
booed out of the building instead of a sympathy pop

LOL
>>
>>788469

After the senate and house Brutii killed based Julius Ceasar, for being too manly basically.
>>
>>788471
Wait wat?
>>
>>788455
>Is he the Leonardo DiCaprio of WWE?
>The guy who always comes up short.

Leo never won an Oscar. Technically, Reigns is a 1 time champion.
>>
>>788477

Now the point of this is the concept of a sacrifical lamb. Seth being injured and the fucking wwe championship was a gold oppourtunity to main even someebody who isn;'t roman reigns
>>
>>788492

Roman is assumed to be main event, him going over cesaro and owens losing to ambrose,relegates both cesaro and owens to mid card. Ceasro is the hardest worker in WWE right now
>>
>>788471
>>788484

Just watched the very end.

SAVAGE, pham
>>
>>782537

>Rome wasn't built in a day, but Roman will be.

Except he's been around for over 2 years, so that analogy is retarded.
>>
All the Shield members will win a Wrestlemania in their careers.

Seth went first
Roman will win next year
Dean will get his shot later

They're literally the Cena-Orton-Edge of this generation
>>
>>788630
Ambrose never will, friend. Sorry.
>>
>>788633

Good, I don't want to see Botchmaster Ambrose in the main event.
>>
>>788633
>Ambrose never will
There's no way WWE is that retarded.

I know hating Ambrose is an epic meme here, and he's far from my favorite personally, but it's delusional to pretend that he isn't one of the most consistently over people on the roster. I'd go as far as to say that he's the single most over face on the roster that works full-time. And that's in spite of his booking being absolutely horrendous for the majority of the past year.
>>
>>788782
>I know hating Ambrose is an epic meme here

It's not a meme. There's nothing spectacular about Deanetty.
>>
>>788782
I don't hate Ambrose and he'll probably be WWE champion but I can't see him winning a Mania main event. I suppose it's possible that he will someday, but he's not going to anytime at least in the next three years, and beyond that you can't call whether or not he'll still stay this popular. Think of all the people he potentially has to compete with for a Mania main event spot in the near future. Roman, Cena, Lesnar, Bryan, Rock, Seth, Triple H, etc.
>>
>>788782
He really is.

Who's his competition?

Ziggler? Cesaro? Ryback?
>>
>>788797
Your personal opinion is beside the point. I don't really like him either, but most of the audience loves him.

Do you really think WWE is going to cater to the whims of a board on a site for Mongolian pictograms that struggles to reach 200 unique posters?
>>
>>788782
everyone likes Ambrose, which is why I really cant see him having a successful heel run. He's just too over to boo
>>
>>788807
>that struggles to reach 200 unique posters?

What? There were like 2 separate threads running tonight, 2 of them got to 1000, and the other /sp/ ones got to 500 and were 5 of them.

>most of the audience loves him

This doesn't negate the fact that there's nothing special about him, other than teenage girls with daddy issues latching onto his mad man antics.

>everyone likes Ambrose
>Implying
>>
>>788831
Unique posters, not posts, you inbred.
> other than teenage girls with daddy issues latching onto his mad man antics
And kids. And adult marks. And smarks.

You're fucking delusional. You don't like him? Fine. Don't pretend he doesn't get the biggest pops and isn't one of the biggest merch movers though.
>>
>>788838

>Everyone likes Ambrose
>Being this delusional
>>
File: 1440986767774.jpg (36 KB, 443x339) Image search: [Google]
1440986767774.jpg
36 KB, 443x339
>>788845
>being this bootyblasted and contrarian over a wrestler you don't like being over
Please have sex.
>>
File: stone-cold-steve-austin-what-o.gif (1 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
stone-cold-steve-austin-what-o.gif
1 MB, 240x180
>>788851

>So protective about a wrestler he says """"everyone"""" likes him
>>
>>788801
>roman
Possible
>Cena
not likely anymore
>lesnar
possible
>rock
rocks done dude
>seth
possible
>triple h
done
>>
File: 1438732645862.png (185 KB, 340x333) Image search: [Google]
1438732645862.png
185 KB, 340x333
>>788856
I already said I don't care for him. I'm just not a retarded autistic faggot, so I'm capable of realizing that I'm in the vast minority with that opinion.
>>
>>788866

>e-e-e-veryone likes deanetty, did you hear them chanting, "let's go roman, LETS GO DEAN" I pwomise!
>>
File: wwehaitch002.png (543 KB, 700x493) Image search: [Google]
wwehaitch002.png
543 KB, 700x493
>>
>>788872
Are you seriously pretending that Dean isn't the most over face on the roster, or are you just being autistic over that other guy saying "everyone"?
>>
>>788801
> implying he'll be competing with Seth & Roman for a main event
> implying that the 3 of them won't BE the main event
> implying he won't win it
>>
>>788875

Daniel Bryan
Brock
Taker
Cena

All more over than him
>>
>>788885
Lesnar & Undertaker are part-timers, Cena is mixed at-best and Bryan might never wrestle in WWE ever again
>>
>>788865
It is an absolute lock that Roman or Lesnar will be in this year's main event and probably next year too, Cena is certainly more likely than Dean, there's no real reason to believe that Triple H won't ever want to wrestle at another Mania, and while there's a good chance Rock is done, he's still a possibility. Also, you forgot Bryan, who will certainly surpass Ambrose as the most over face when he comes back.

Even if one or two of the people I named are equally or less likely to win a main event than Dean, that's still pretty far from the top of the list for him. And when you consider that the same person often wins several Mania main events in a row, him winning one seems pretty unlikely.
>>
>>788939
>implying Lesnar is going to lose to Roman after being taken to Suplex City one year prior and forever shitting on the Undertaker
>>
>>788948
I didn't, actually. I said Lesnar OR Roman, not Lesnar and Roman.
>>
>>788939
> Reigns
> absolute lock

He's toast bruh. At this point Vince either has to admit failure or HHH needs to tell him that it's ogre.
>>
>>788948
>underestimating Vince's Samoan fetish
>>
>>788955
Well, if they give up on Roman it is an absolute lock that it's going to be Brock in the main event, like I said.

But I doubt they're going to give up on Roman before Mania, especially since Seth will likely still be out. They don't have any other options other than part timers.
>>
>>788955
>won the title
>lost it to MITB shenanigans
>thinks its over
>>
>>788967
> lost due to MITB cash-in
> openly jeered by super-mark crowd

No, THAT's why it's ogre, dumbfuck.
>>
>>788966
There's a persistent rumour that WrestleMania 33 is going to be Minneapolis
>>
>>788979
>Atlanta
>super-mark crowd
>>
>>788984
> any crowd that boos Reigns is "smart"

Well-memed senpai!
>>
File: Sasha #145.gif (2 MB, 245x255) Image search: [Google]
Sasha #145.gif
2 MB, 245x255
Guys, guys, guys, guys. Guys. Hey, guys. That Diva's Revolution though. Am I right?
>>
>>788450
I sure wonder if Dean "Roman's Pal" Ambrose will eventually play the part of Brutus.
>>
Having Sheamus cash in was their only option aside from a Dean or Roman heel turn. Otherwise, who should roman have fought next PPV. There aren't really that many left that are main event material and this way the next and possibly the PPV after have a match. But what they will do after that? No idea.
This whole PPV barely helped anyone. Tyler got a needed win, but aside from that? Wyatt family got trashed immediately after looking strong, IC and US title lost prestige again. It probably would have been better to have Owens fight Roman, they'd probably worked better together.
It all depends on what they do at RAW, but its obvious how depleted the roster is.
>>
>>789040
>...
>...
>too big
>>
>>789040
I miss The BFFs
>>
>yfw Roman will be remembered as one of the worst champs in WWE history
>>
Most over face? everyone else go home

WWWYKI
>>
>>788782
>There's no way WWE is that retarded
Do you have any idea how much fucking money they could have made with Mick Foley and Rey Mysterio if they had booked them correctly? They didn't even try to make it work out for them because muh mastodons
>>
>>789252
In defense of WWE they had Austin + Rock at that time and Foley retired very young
>>
>>789252
>Rey Mysterio
>HE'LL NEVER BE MY CHAMPION!!!
>>
>>788984

As a person from Atlanta who has been to many WWE events, we are shit. A lot of people have no idea what's going on, those that do are too white trash or fat and retarded to participate in a proper chant or do something clever to entertain the people at home.
>>
>>789573
You guys did good tonight.
>>
Idk if anyone has pointed this out, but the divas had the longest singles match of the night. Longer than takers, longer than all the qualifying matches, and longer than both championship matches.

Looks like the #givedivasachance movement worked in full force.
>>
>>789589
it was one of the worst matches of the night too.
>>
>>789595
Let's not pretend that there were any huge outliers in match quality one way or the other
>>
>>789598
Roman Reigns vs Alberto Del Rio and Kevin Owens vs Dean Ambrose were good
>>
>>789602
Reigns vs. Alberto was OK I guess, but it's nothing to write home about

Owens vs. Ambrose felt like 2 Acts of a 3 Act Play if you get my drift
>>
I feel like booing Roman has become a audience meme.

I mean, this is the same fucking group that still did the YES chant when they tried to give it to Big Show, and danced for fucking Fandango.
>>
>>782537

>its not about love and hugs
>>
as much as I hate Roman's current run, I feel terrible for him, and put the blame squarely on the WWE creative., in my 30+ years of following wrestling, it's possibly the worst booking of a character that I've ever seen. they are doing long-term irreparable damage to his career by refusing to turn him heel even though the audience has completely rejected him as a face.
>>
>>789634
They just need to put the belt on him and get it over with. Even if they turn him heel the crowd would probably start cheering him to piss vince off. The ratings are going down the drain no matter what happens anyway.
>>
>>782537
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwR9tThTRw0
>>
File: 1448229106063.gif (1 MB, 200x145) Image search: [Google]
1448229106063.gif
1 MB, 200x145
>>789589

Charlotte is hot garbage. What the fuck happened? Diva revolution my arse.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.