[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will we ever get a decent wrestling game? Like one that doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: 2583020-bras7npcyaaknsi.jpg (88 KB, 600x752) Image search: [Google]
2583020-bras7npcyaaknsi.jpg
88 KB, 600x752
Will we ever get a decent wrestling game?
Like one that doesn't have clunky and slow animations?
>>
Wrestling games aren't supposed to be competitive fighters
>>
>>780185
Backyard wrestling was good
>>
The animations are too fast if anything. What annoys me about the games though is how canned everything seems to be. They have only recently began incorporating physics such that flying weapons or moves can hit anyone and not just the person they're scripted to hit, something which MDickie's Wrestling Mpire has been doing brilliantly for a decade.

You should check it out actually for a fun wrestling game. It's goofy and comedic, but the open-endedness of the gameplay makes it feel more realistic and immersive in some ways than WWE games. It also features 9 rosters including most famous companies and wrestlers.
>>
>>780185
WWF No Mercy +2 N64 Memory Cards+ 1000 hours in CAW
>>
Bruh, we already did.
>>
>>780192
>MDickie

Isn't he the guy that made those fucked up religious games?
>>
>>780201
Yeah, with the engine he made for those wrestling games.
>>
WWE 2K16 is a 10/10
>>
>>780206
Those wrestling games that look like shit.
>>
Was there ever a good Wii wrestling game? Or even one that took advantage of the motion controls?
>>
>>780244
No More Heroes?
>>
>>780274
I was actually wondering if there was an actual wrestling game that played in a similar way.

My conclusion is that we need a Wii U CHIKARA game.
>>
>>780185
you guys remember WCW vs nWo on the N64? i heard you can mod Revenge but all the files i find just seem like pieces of an overhaul, anyone know of a definitive version?
>>
>>780209
If i already own 2k14 will 2k16 give me anything new?
>>
I never played a pro wrestling entertainment game before and I bought WWE2k16 and fuck this is slow as fuck I always have wait to do shit. I expected a button masher to be honest family
>>
>>780209

>tfw I have to name my CM Punk CAW Phillip Brooks

All because of Triple H's buttdevestation
>>
>>780354
Its a completely different game from 24 and i dont like the change. They have tried to make it seem more real but it has just took most of the fun out of it
>>
>>780534
14 not 24
>>
>>780354
It removes Hogan.
>>
File: thunder.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
thunder.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
>>780354

Yes, don't listen to the autists.

>Largest roster ever
>Smoother gameplay
>Better online/significantly less hax
>Career mode

feels good man

No Mercy was great guys, but there's been plenty better since then.

64 has aged like titties.
>>
Are the creation options and match types still nerfed?
>>
>>780617
Yes

>>780583
The submission system completely ruins the game
>>
>>780620
>yes
Amazes me how people can praise it so much then since they are core elements of the game.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (39 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
39 KB, 480x360
Don't mind me just posting the GOAT wrestling game.
>>
>>780626
How does the submission system ruin the game? Its simple but effective.

>Attack a body part with strikes
>Attack the same body part submissions
>After a while they start selling an injury to that body part
>Continue working submissions to that body part
>They tap

The only bad thing about the "submission system" is that if your guy has a low tolerance for submissions and you are going up against an expert submission guy, you may tap way earlier than expected
>>
Smackdown! games were GOAT
O
A
T
>>
>>782195
God damn I fucked it up.
>>
>>780637
I fucking love that game.

I played that shit to death.
>>
>>780583
WHOSE BETTA THAN KANYON!
>>
What is the Hall of Fame Showcase in this game. It has characters that aren't listed as dlc. Does it add these characters to the game when you buy it or can they only be played in the showcase matches?
>>
>The only PC WWE game is fucking 2k15
Thank god it doesn't matter because there are only a handful of tolerable wrestling games in existence (No Mercy, Here Comes The Pain)
>>
>>789607
Wasn't RAW 2 or something on PC?
>>
>>780192
MDickies games are shit tbhfam.
Theyre fun for the first hour or so but it gets old fast as fuck and the gameplay is literally just button mashing.
>>
Smackdown vs Raw 2007
>>
>>780414
Is Cult of Personality at least still in? I know My Time is which is old as fuck.
>>
>>780395
Have you ever seen a wrestling match?
>>
File: Mpire.jpg (45 KB, 315x175) Image search: [Google]
Mpire.jpg
45 KB, 315x175
>>780185
Mdickies mentally challenged Wrestling Mpire 2014-15 Remix is your best best for the moment
>>
>>780201
>>780206
>>780238
best part is that it's easy to mod the shit out of it

>>780583
agreed, HCTP is amazing too
>>
>>789693
was that the one with dancing whores on the title screen?
>>
>>780185
Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, faggot.
>>
>>790149
that one is also dated and also
>2.5 dimension
>>
>>780583
>Awful character models all over the place
>Inaccurate entrances for some stars
>STILL haven't brought back buried alive or boiler room brawl matches
>Crowd is still fucking awful and dead
>Buggy as hell
>Commentary is still terrible
It's a good game, but there is still work to be done.
>>
>>789892
Did he actually update the PC version of the game, last time I check he was working on the Mobile Wrestling Game/MMA game built in the same engine.
>>
>>790543
possibly
>>
King of Colosseum II for the realism
All-Star Pro Wrestling III for the fun mixed with realism
Wrestle Kingdom for arcadey fun
Shut your Mouth for the roster
HCTP for the arcadey fun
>>
WWE 2015 is on sale on Humble Store for £12 (about $18) is it worth it?

I haven't watched wrestling for years and I haven't played one of the games since Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 but recently I've been having the urge to get back into both.

Basically all I would want from the game is a decent character creator and career mode.
>>
>>793082
i paid just about that much for the Last Gen version, this is pretty good considering the DLC is free and pre-installed, it's new gen, and the price WAY lower than expected, that and it's the LAST game with CM Punk in it, it has a pretty decent character creator (although it's 15 slots) and 2 modes (pretty good ones at that)
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.