[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dance general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 3
File: cambre.jpg (28 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
cambre.jpg
28 KB, 500x332
Any ballet dancers on /asp?

Other dance is okay too, I guess
>>
No but dance is cool as fuck and i wish i knew how.

>salsa club
>more like lose your gf to a dominican club

No idea even where to really start. Don't know the diff kinds, where to find choice vids etc
>>
Why are little girls doing ballet so cute?
>>
Are ballet stretches similar to stretches done before Muay Thai or some kind of grappling art?

Also, I'm impressed as fuck at ballet dancers. It looks complex and physically intensive. I could never bring myself to do it tho because I'd get a boner in the tights/leotard :/
>>
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/ballroom-e-youkoso-r10271

Here is a decent manga about dance if anyone is interested.
>>
I dont dance ballet, but I dance BW, wcs and alot more. Dancing is kinda popular here among the older folk
>>
Dancing? Didn't know there were girls on /asp/
>>
>>777416
Dude you have no idea what you're talking about. The dance majors i knew in college threw parties that were seriously 90% prime trim. I swear, hottest girls i've ever seen, crawling all over. # of guys there? 7. And half of them were gay.
>>
>>777256
>ballroom
>shounen
>sports

Sounds, interesting. How does it compare to Princess Tutu and Tribe Cool Crew?
>>
>>777681
can you even be a male dancer if you're not gay?
>>
>>777214
I really want to be able to bend my back like the girl on the right, but I'm like the left 3 girls
>>
>>777214
Which forms of dancing would be useful both as social skills and supplemental training for judo, muay thai, and MMA?
>>
>>777214
I'm a 24 year old male. Is it too late to learn ballet? Will I be the creepy old guy in a class of little girls? How do I into dance?
>>
This, I really wish this was a general, for fuck sake.
>tfw no place to share them niggas dancing Forró and Zouk
>>
>>788834
I started learning ballet at the age of 26. Granted, I'm a girl, but I also learned in adult classes, where everyone was 18 - 50.
>>
>>789020
Height/weight?
>>
>>789022
5'3", 110 lbs

You don't have to be thin though. There is a old woman who learned ballet at age 50 (?), and she takes classes even though she's had breast cancer. She had her breasts removed, stopped coming to class for 2 weeks, then came back, because she loves ballet. Same thing with her new breasts, took 2 weeks off, then came back to ballet class.

She's short and stout, and physically limited, but nothing stops her from dancing ballet.
>>
>>789032
At my dancing classes, people that aren't fit are struggling with most steps (partner dance, though) and sequences, and are not likely to go ahead on levels.
Which reminds me I still need to get under 132lbs (5'8'', male).
>>
Autism General
>>
>>789035
Considering she's a cancer surviver, 50+ and has the accompanying physical limitations, our lady is doing great. Compare yourself to you, not others, and she's making great progress and has a great attitude

Also, 5'8" and <132 lbs? That's manorexic
>>
>dancing general
>0 (zero) sexy dancing gifs/webms
pure cancer
>>
>>789999
That's great for her.
I'm not that manorexic, I still have a lot of fat on my body, specially in belly.

>>790028
Nigga you ain't ever gonna dance like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeeku5fmpKQ
>>
>>788830
>social skills
>supplemental training
ballet

Nothing beats ballet in terms of movement complexity, rigorous training, flexibility and graceful efficiency. If your body can do ballet, your body can do anything.
>>
>>790164
>social skills
Any dance will get you this, 2bh.jpg
>>
>>790087
I dunno, I feel like a man your height should be around 150-160 lbs, if he's muscular and lean.

We have a lot of 20-40 year old women who are semi-professional ballet dancers. They have a full time normal people job, and then dance as a serious hobby and make a little cash running the ballet school and doing shows.

>>790087
This is the about the level of the beginner class that I'm in. I don't really understand why the comments on the Youtube video say that the two girls are 14. That must be the roughest teenagers I've ever seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4lbEjU24t4
>>
>>790164
>>790173
How do I take a devotchka out ballet dancing?
>>
>>777214
What style dance matches this track?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIaJQX-Q118
>>
File: russian-dancing-o.gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
russian-dancing-o.gif
3 MB, 320x180
>>792209
To be quite honest with you anon-desu-senpai-san, there are plenty dances that could go with this, since the song itself has a lot of rhythm and it has a clear tempo. Be creative.
>>
I'm a professional ballroom instructor.
>>
>>792982
Thank you dad, you don't know how to use 4chan.
>>
I'm almost done watching Princess Tutu and ballet seems radical, although physically demanding.
I almost wish I had the flexibility/confidence to try it out.
>>
>>793934
> almost wish

why?
>>
>>784221
Straight male ballerina, checking in.
>>
College ballroom dancer here. I started just for fun this year, but after 2 comps and next to no callbacks, I just suck ass even at the newcomer/pre-bronze level.

I don't want to be one of those tryhard types, and my practice and lesson time is already borderline (I practice with randos to get more time in). I feel like I'm wasting my partner's time and effort.

What do?
>>
>>794193
Keep going, man. Every little bit of practice helps.
>>
Ballroom dancer here... I feel like I should have danced ballet before. Feels bad, bro.
>>
>>793973
I'm a shut-in, learning something like that would be an emotionally impossible ordeal.
>>
Ballroom dancer here. Always wanted to do ballet, am now doing some pre-training ballet stuff so I don't embarrass myself for not being flexible enough.
Hopefully I'll do some ballet next year.
>>
>>794578
>Ballet should be included as a discipline in school for ages 8~18
>>
>>795493
I don't think that would work but it is a nice idea.
>>
Anyone have any winter recitals coming up?
>>
>>795591
IIRC, ACPA, a charter school in Columbus, OH that grooms very successful (and wonderfully eccentric) students, has mandatory dance class every day with great results.
>>
>>795493
>>795591
>>798287
I had dance class for half semester as either a gym or art credit, in middle school which covered different styles, I liked it, wasnt too difficult, good stretching let me practice dancing with girls,it was pretty good.
>>
>>798287
>>798365
Should we write to the government for mandatory dance classes?
>>
>>798495
Start clubs on your college and high school, for fucks sake.
>inb4 in brazil we don't have clubs like that
>we rely on having dance classes
>>
>>798530
I'm not from the US tho. I'm from brazil.
>>
>>798541
>inb4 we should suggest sociology classes instead of dance
Where you from, senpai? BH checking out, forró fag.
>>
>>798546
RJ, samba de gafieira, forró, zouk, bolero, salsa and soltinho here.

Sociology can go fuck itself. We should have mandatory dance classes
>>
>>798556
>samba de gafieira
Respect. Will eventually learn it someday.
>>
>>798559
It's pretty cool. I want to do ballet but it's usually mid-morning and I'm working or start of night when I'm studying at uni.
But one day...
>>
I heard about this board's plight so I came to see the refugee crisis with my own eyes.

Here's my bump donation to save /asp/
>>
>>798821
Mandrama is already drama enough for us, no need to shitpost like that.
>>
>>798564
So what you're saying is that the school offers morning and evening classes, and you can't make either?
>>
File: rGOttDP.jpg (44 KB, 406x619) Image search: [Google]
rGOttDP.jpg
44 KB, 406x619
>go try learn salsa
>every school is full of stuck up assholes

Dancers are cunts.
>>
>>803725
Not my school as I'm a college student but yeah, can't go to adult ballet classes because everyplace I saw the time of the class was while I'm working or studying.
>>
>>803923
jesus christ what an awful way to die

submerged in water and then frozen
>>
>>803923
beat the shit out of that fucking little brat
he's problably satan' incarnation
>>
>>792982
>>794193
>>794410
>>794578
Brothers in ballroom. :')

What style do you guys like? I compete in Latin myself. But I hooked up with a dope studio and I'm training in p much all of them to see what I can do well in the most when I turn pro/git gud as an amateur.
>>
>>803923
Sun conure? That's a kinda pricey bird.
I recommend bitchslapping the kid for every dollar.
>>
>>803923

Dude. You were just new. Give it some time. Maybe try a different school / style. Make sure you go to the right level of class.
>>
>>788830
>social skills
ballroom by far. You get paired up and have to get comfortable talking with a partner. In most other forms of dance, you can just be the awkward fuck in the corner if you're not careful, but ballroom doesn't even give you the chance.

>supplemental training
If you want crazy body conditioning, go with ballet. If you want supplemental training on your grappling, ballroom. Just don't treat it as supplemental training or it'll get weird.
>>
>>806836
>supplementary training
Anyone remember that old movie about the soldier who took ballet for supplementary training then got called for deployment right before a big recital?
It might have been ww1 era because I remember him running over a heavily cratered battlefield jumping over barbed wire and stuff.
Can't recall the name though.
>>
>>806836
>Just don't treat it as supplemental training or it'll get weird.
At my third salsa lesson I got paired up with a new girl. Apparently she was a judoka, because she gripped me as such until the instructor corrected her. I was somewhat aroused.

I also have a tendency to keep my guard up and chin tucked when practicing footwork in class without a partner. One girl asked me about it and we had a cool conversation about kickboxing and taekwondo.
>>
Found a place with ballet adult classes. Do you think I should watch some videos on how to do basic ballet stuff or just go to the class without knowing anything?
>>
anyone here used to/still does jumpstyle/hardjump?

I love how physically intense and energetic it is, recently got back into it (used to be a fatass and couldn't properly do it)
>>
>>809614
Watch some videos man

It's always good to at least know some basic vocabulary, especially as it's French
>>
>>809614
well if you go as a blank slate they will know where to start you.
>>
any thoughts on taking lessons at 25? am i too old to even enjoy it? or to achieve some fluency at least?

I have shitty flexibility but have 2 months completely free to start stretching
>>
>>813832
It's fine. No. No.

You won't go pro but it's good exercise, fun and you'll probably meet lots of girls.
>>
>>815209
I know I won't dance like sergei polunin, but I want to get as close as i can, plus meeting girls ofc

any stretches you could recommend, i'll have 2 months to dedicate any amount of time necessary to stretch? I can't even touch my toes yet
>>
>>815399
I'm not that person, but a few minutes warming up and stretching every day will do wonders for your flexibility. When I was taking classes we focused on the leg muscle groups, hips, and lower back. This should improve your turnout.

So figure four stretches, open leg reaches, butterflies etc etc. warm up your upper body and do isolation a for good measure. Feels great.
>>
>>815815
any stretches to recommend specifically? I'm following some "splits in 2 months" kind of routine atm
>>
anybody bboy? never seen anything about it here
>>
>>820783
I started a few months ago, pretty ironic because I don't check this board often but today I just decided to. I actually made a bboy thread a while ago.
>>
>>806875
>At my third salsa lesson I got paired up with a new girl. Apparently she was a judoka, because she gripped me as such until the instructor corrected her. I was somewhat aroused
Well now I'm aroused too.
>>
>>80524

I usually compete in Rhythm. I do some Smooth too, but my school doesn't do much Latin or Standard.
>>
Does /asp/ get any discussion on swing dance? Preferably Lindy Hop and Blues.
>>
>>834874
I went to these neat "Outlaw Swing" classes when I was in Seattle, but that's about the extent of my exposure to swing dancing.
>>
how can i fuck a dance girl and get her to fart inmy face
>>
>>835591
Feed her as much low-cal protein powder as her anorexic body can take.
>>
>>835591
>>835959
>not wanting a footjob instead
you guys have no idea what you are missing out on.
>>
Any streetdancers around? I'm still really new but it's fun. Want to learn vogue but seems like no one does that around here, so I just try to copy from Youtube.

Thinking about taking a beginner ballet class this spring, but it's intimidating. I'm just not that flexible body type.
>>
>>836201
Same here. Just go for it.
>>
>>834874
I like swing dances, but absolutely dislike lindy.
BW and blues are ok dances, wcs is for fattys
Heres some swing from Finland, start at 3:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRwolKv5i8I
>>
>>836731
brotip: adding &t=03m50s at the end of a YouTube URL will start the video at the fiftieth second of the third minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRwolKv5i8I&t=03m50s
>>
>>836751
Apparently it doesn't work if you embed the link, though, just if you click and follow it.
>>
>>836731
>>836751
I'll check the videos out in a little while once I've fully woken up.
Why do you dislike Lindy Hop?
>>
>>836794
Nothing wrong with lindy hop, its the dancers that put me off. Our local dancing group has devolved into a "your style of dancing is shit, ours is better", and right now its LH vs everyone else
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.