[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Training to become a wrestler thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: KobashiTraining.jpg (143 KB, 410x600) Image search: [Google]
KobashiTraining.jpg
143 KB, 410x600
How many of you want to be a wrestler? How are you preparing for it and which school are you going to attend?
>>
>>774022
>implying these mandrama faggots have any interest in any physical activity beyond pressing remotes
>>
>>774022
I just put on underwear and body slammed OP into the carpet
>>
File: OPinhisthread.jpg (23 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
OPinhisthread.jpg
23 KB, 500x333
Bump for serious discussion.
>>
Deciding on either Rollins or Booker Ts. Rikishi and Gangrels is nearby where I live, but the price for it is insane, especially considering its Rikishi and Gangrel.

I trained for a month and did an indie match and try to hit the ground running, big mistake, got injured bad but I'm recovered now.
>>
>>774035
> he thinks wrasslin fans arent normal well adjusted members of society
How does it feel to be underaged and angry anon?
>>
I've got a school near me however the promotion it was linked too is having their final shows at the end of the year and I'm not sure what that means for it.
I was planning on going as soon as I finish up next semester however no idea how they are doing.
The head trainer was a Killer Kowalski guy.

Alternatively I could head downstate to Dreamer or any of those other NYC schools.
>>
>>774189
Didn't know Rollins had a school. How long's he had it?
IKTF about the prices. Considering Lance Storm's school but that's a hefty price.
>>
>>775402

For a year now, I think. Other people run it too (obvs). It's exclusive to get into, you have to apply to it like a competitive school. But it also includes combat style training in addition to ring training.
>>
I live in Nagasaki in Kyushu in Japan. Do you guys know of any wrestling schools here or somewhere else in Kyushu? I'm willing to drive to other prefectures if need be.

It's Japan. There must be somewhere.
>>
>>775513
That sounds neat brah, GL. Got any martial experience?

>>775531
Would want to train in a puro dojo/10. NJPW has annual tryouts. I knew a guy who had a go and off the top of my head, the requirements to be granted aren't that high.

>18 - 23 years old
>some years they have height requirements

The initial test is:

>a timed sprint
>a timed sprint with somebody around your own bodyweight on your back
>500 BW squats
>300 pushups
>assorted ab exercises totaling ~1K reps
>other conditioning (neck bridging, resistance holds, etc.)
>sparring

Not everybody that passes is accepted into training either. They want people that can make it through and still have some left in the tank. The actual training for people that pass the test begins the very next day and you'll be doing more conditioning, working on bumping and doing basic chain wrestling. Plus you become a chanko chef and janitor of the dorm with a small allowance.

With regards to your treatment in a puro dojo, it used to be brutal in the 80s and 90s, but has gotten much better (Kensuke Sasaki's school is a modern exception).
>>
>>775571
Thanks for the information! I'm already out re:age restriction though.

It's good to know what's expected of you getting into it though. I'd easily meet those initial test standards.
>>
>>775655
Try this promotion out. http://www.kyushu-pro-wrestling.com/
>>
>>775571
>Those test requirements
You know I was thinking about heading to Japan but there is no way in hell I could meet those cardio requirements.
>>
>>776409
What's your current exercise routine?
>>
>>777030
I was doing SS up until it started getting into finals. May see where I am at and change it up over the winter break though.
>>
>>777373
My friend's advice was to train bridges and conditioning as early as possible. He did SS for ~1.5 years before his tryout, but only began conditioning a few months before he went to the dojo and regretted it. I'll be getting back into training after a three year absence and this is what he recommended:

Do your M/W/F SS routine, but on T/T/S, do endurance work. If you don't rush your progress and slowly build up, he found that it benefited his recovery from lifting. On T/T/S, start with 2x50 squats, 2x15 pushups, 2x30 ab reps and some bridging in a circuit. Also do some form of weighted carry and bicep work after an SS session because it'll make the group drills and rope climbing easier.

Also, found the basic test entry page. https://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.njpw.co.jp/english/more/test/&prev=search

>>775655
Sorry if I mislead you, but it says 25 years old is the cutoff. Hope you can make the cut.
>>
>>777395
Thanks for the advice, I was sorta iffy on training cardio since I know that when I do I become a lanklet but I suppose that doesn't matter when you're suppose to be training.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.