[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /asp/ies, after much time away I have returned! I doubt any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 2_judo_c_armlock5.jpg (64 KB, 570x240) Image search: [Google]
2_judo_c_armlock5.jpg
64 KB, 570x240
Hey /asp/ies, after much time away I have returned! I doubt any of you remember me and I'm not going to start tripfagging again, but I figured it would be fun to see if there was any of the old crew hanging around. (Cambo, Seido, TKDBrah? You faggots out still alive?)

Anyway, on to the actual topic. A recent move to San Francisco forced me to give up my beloved IKO1 Kyokushin. At first, I was just going to start doing Muay Thai. Transferable skill set, already have shinguards and molded mouthguard, used to getting kicked in the legs. I was sure I'd be the Buakaw of SF in a week. Plus, no more sweaty white pajamas and standing in line punching air.

Then, I realized I might get punched and/or elbowed in my face. Being a Kyokushin-fag and therefore a coward a pristine, untouched face, my concern was obviously that any contact to my cranial region would instantly cause my baby like head skin to burst forth in torrents of blood, my teeth to fall out, and immediate unconsciousness. Unacceptable.

In the spirit of San Francisco I decided that having another man's groin in my face was the only viable alternative. So, I'm now IKO1BBJWhiteBeltFag. Gone are my light, white pajamas. In their stead: heavy, blue pajamas.

Now that you've read my tale of woe and my triumphant vindication, I wanted to know what advise you guys had regarding making the transition from striking to grappling. It's great to be learning new things, but I'm a total mess out on the mat. I'm gassing in a round because I don't know how to relax. I'm alternatively too compliant or too aggressive because I don't understand how to strike the proper balance between aliveness and competitiveness in this setting. Most of all, I spend a lot of time feel totally helpless.
>>
welcome back iko1, i remember you
>>
>>768760
Many things have changed while you were gone friend. All the old tripfaggots are gone(Even Wu was chased of) and recently we have become /wwe/
>>
>leaving LA for SF

Disgusting. I know LA isn't a terrific place, but San Francisco is even worse. I can't go north of San Jose without feeling sick.
>>
>>768760
Hey hey! I'm still here and truckin' along
>>
Nice blog faggit
>>
>>768760
I remember you IKO1! Unfortunately the board has gone to shit in the last few days.

My advice is just to listen to your trainer, you're learning a whole new skill set that requires emphasis on a lot of different ways of using your body, and they'll know the best way for you to learn those skills.

You're also going to feel helpless for a while, grappling has a steep ass learning curve, but once you get a feel for positioning and how to submit from there, you'll feel great.

With regards to gassing out, what kind of training routine do you have off the mats? I'd suggest more running, both endurance over middle/long distance, and some sprints, do both on different days. Lifting always helps with grappling too.
>>
>>768760
How do i unsubscribe from your faggot blog m8?
>>
File: 1343987420625.jpg (75 KB, 394x480) Image search: [Google]
1343987420625.jpg
75 KB, 394x480
>>769020
>last few days
>>
File: wwe.jpg (59 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
wwe.jpg
59 KB, 600x450
Thanks for the welcome back, everybody!

>>768993
Agreed. But, I got many more monies to come here. So, I gave up my art and city for money. I'm officially a sell out. Feelsbadman.jpg

>>769020
Thanks, awesome advice! I'm the least experienced person in my class by decent margin, so I wasn't sure if my terribleness was a result of total retardation or just partial retardation and a steep learning curve.

I mostly just lift. Guess I gotta run too! alsofeelsbadman.jpg.
>>
>>
>>769934
Oh sweet jesus. Is this something I missed in my long absence?
>>
>>769013
>pretending to be Wu
>>
>>769951
kek. I'm not sure TKDbrah and Seido are gone completely. Seido was posting in a Karate related thread about his Gyudo-ryu or someshit like taht a couple of weeks back
>>
>>769991
edit* goju ryu i don't chinkspeak forgive me
>>
Welcome to /wwe/, your previous history as a tripfag is fucking worthless. Hope it feels good faggot.
>>
>>768760
lmao come on bro you weren't gone for that long. what, few months tops?
>>
>>769025
Turn your computer off at the wall.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.