[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Holm punch Rousey in the back of the head? I agree 100%
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: not sure if she connected.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
not sure if she connected.png
1 MB, 1600x900
Did Holm punch Rousey in the back of the head?

I agree 100% with the outcome of the fight, I'm just curious what /asp/'s take on this is.
>>
>>768168
No she didn't, she did prove how much of a joke women's mma has been so far though
>>
>>768177
no trolling, but why do people keep saying women's mma is a joke? (I don't watch ufc and I haven't seen any women's mma matches)
>>
>>768177
>>768183
Dude, Holm is one of the best female boxers in her weight class of all time. She's legit. She didn't beat Rousey because Rousey was overrated, she beat Rousey because Holm is just that great of a fighter.
>>
>>768202
why would dana risk his golden goose to her then?
>>
>>768225
Because it's a money fight, dumbass. That's all the UFC cares about. Now they have a new "unbeaten dominant female champ" and she's a STRIKER, which the public LOVES, and AMERICAN, which makes her a ton easier to market than, say, Cris Cyborg.
>>
>>768168

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH__BRfLEaY

44 seconds. You can see the motion toward her head better here. Not a punch-to-the-back-of-the-head. Completely legal.
>>
>>768400
I absolutely love when the fighter who refuse to touch gloves get recked. It's Anderson Silva all over again
>>
>>768168
I wouldn't say so. I still didn't predict this. Anyone know if Ronda has spoken yet?? I've googled but can't find anything.
>>
>>768202

So much this..

>>768225

Because peopel will get bored at seeing "armbar after 20 seconds" fights. A new challenger means better business, the best thing that could happen (for the audience and also for dana) is a stronger women league.
>>
File: 1447569888551.jpg (113 KB, 634x631) Image search: [Google]
1447569888551.jpg
113 KB, 634x631
>>768202
>She didn't beat rousey because rousey was overrated

She did though, everyone talked about Ronda as if she were one of the best, most dominant and well rounded pound for pound fighters ever how would retire from mma and easily take the boxing championship

Yet when she faced someone who is actually a decent fighter she completely and utterly fell apart

And it's well established that good grappling beats good striking, if some well known striking legend tried to transition to mma he wouldn't even get close to the best in the league without extensive wrestling training, if rousey weren't overhiped she would have been able to beat a one dimensional striker pretty easily
>>
>>768507
Sweetie is still winner of my erections.
>>
File: 20121018002716-vwnhfqovzblkbvyac.jpg (235 KB, 1220x1206) Image search: [Google]
20121018002716-vwnhfqovzblkbvyac.jpg
235 KB, 1220x1206
>>768400
what the fuck is this pleb video with montage music from 2005.
>>
>>768516
And that is all that matters.
>>
>>768183
>no trolling, but why do people keep saying women's mma is a joke? (I don't watch ufc and I haven't seen any women's mma matches)

Because it IS a fucking joke.

Women have the speed and coordination of children, compared to men, and it's just not entertaining to watch for anybody that actually appreciates skill and athleticism.
>>
Foreshadowing for Aldo VS Connor
>>
>>768400
Look kid, your video is nice, but could you stop shilling it every where here on /asp/. You post it in every fucking thread Ronda is mentioned.
>>
File: get up ronda.jpg (156 KB, 1050x600) Image search: [Google]
get up ronda.jpg
156 KB, 1050x600
At the end of the day, Holly is a horrible person for having upset poor Simba
>>
>>768507
>is boxing next?

Subtle kek
>>
>>768507
>is boxing next
wew lad
>>
>>768507

Problem with Rousey is that she attempted to go toe to toe with Holly on the striking game but her skills are amateurish.
>>
File: 1427040818955.jpg (67 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
1427040818955.jpg
67 KB, 500x499
>>768507
>January 2016
>>
>>768507

>Yet when she faced someone who is actually a decent fighter she completely and utterly fell apart

Wrong. Ronda is not overhyped, the problems are her opponents. If you only get sub par opponents you can't devellop further at a certain point.

Holms had all the time in the world to devellop a counter strategy and caught ronda red-handed. If ronda had kept her cool she would have won, it was a mind game.

>>769184

This is closer to the truth. I wouldn't say her skills are "amateurish", mind that she knocked out other fighters before. But her striking skills are not on the level of Holmes.

To get an amazing striker to grappling you need a solid tactic, and ronda decided to rush in the whole time, which was a big mistake.
>>
>>768168
I think Holly threw right before Ronda turned so much, so Holly's punch just happened to catch her towards the back of the head. Couldn't see well enough to tell if it landed just behind the ear or if on back of skull.

And yeah, that head kick KO for the win is pretty definitive. Grapplefags can't claim the grappler will always win against the striker anymore.
>>
>no no Ronda doesn't sucks, her opponent was just so goods
>>
So this means she's out of furious 8?
>>
>>768448

Did Silva not touch gloves with Weidman?
>>
>>769685
>And yeah, that head kick KO for the win is pretty definitive. Grapplefags can't claim the grappler will always win against the striker anymore.
I thought we established that after Mcgregor vs Mendes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtB3_Ki2NP8
>>
>>768507
>And it's well established that good grappling beats good striking
This is mma not rock paper scissors. Good grappling beats good striking if you have a solid game plan to get a good striker to the ground. Ronda wasn't ready and couldn't handle Holms striking and she paid the price. And i don't think Ronda is overrated or a terrible striker she is just a mediocre striker and Holm is just that good.
>>
>>768168

No.
>>
>>769698
nah probably means she will get a bigger role now that she wont have to rush back for a title defense.
>>
>>769659

> Ronda is not overhyped

Are you bloody trolling you imbecile?
>>
>>769766
>she is just a mediocre striker

If that was mediocre striking then the kids in my gym must be professionals.
>>
>>769129
>touching that non-tit
>>
>>769709
I'm not an MMA expert, but how come the ginger guy won? I saw the other guy kicking his ass
>>
>>769659

> I wouldn't say her skills are "amateurish", mind that she knocked out other fighters before

More of a measure of the quality of her competition than any testament to her abilities. Her striking abilities are amateur level, you see it in her fights and training videos with her poor footwork and lack of hip rotations.
>>
>>769779
are the kids in your gym women?
>>
>>769789
The Mexican got TKOd the fuck out.
>right to the face
>big ass left to the jaw that drops him
>multiple punches to the head while he laid there like a Muslim not defending himself intelligently in the slightest way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nUfCwCeAYQ
>>
>>769659
Nah, have you seen that Bethe Correia knockout? Absolute trash. I went to a boxing smoker in the backwoods of the PNW where a bunch of farm boys threw haymakers at each other and those boys had both better technique and better chins than either of those fighters.

Here's the video, just look up Heppner smoker for more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN9oXUde9ks
>>
>>769827
Thanks the other video didn't showed that part
>>
File: 1442181861644.jpg (8 KB, 227x225) Image search: [Google]
1442181861644.jpg
8 KB, 227x225
Damn, Ronda got her ass handed to her, big time.
>>
>>768454
she did respond in some form, on Instagram...a screenshot of an iOS note of her explaining her health situation and future plans
>>
File: Rousey vs Holm.gif (1 MB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
Rousey vs Holm.gif
1 MB, 260x195
>>
>>769659

>It's not that she's a medium fish in a tiny pond who just had her true nature exposed! She just lost because she's inexperienced and not all that great because [reasons]! [reasons] somehow means that she is, in fact, still one of the best fighters in the industry!

Hello fanboy.
>>
>>768168
I was more pissed with that after the bell punch
>>
>>768507
>>769659
Have people claimed that Holm was running the whole time, ignoring the fact Holm got dozens of shots in and Rousey was actually bloodied
>>
>>769874
She disrespected the fight gods and tried to make the opponent look like an asshole at the very beginning and suffered for it.

>hurr durr too good to touch you as we get ready to grapple
>>
Scrub here.

How many "full-time" fighters did Rousey face in UFC alone?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.