[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lucha/ General #1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11
File: 31858-702-533.jpg (49 KB, 702x533) Image search: [Google]
31858-702-533.jpg
49 KB, 702x533
DONDE ESTAN PERROS?
>>
Alberto de Rio
>>
>>760918

Alberto's latest run in AAA started fun but became awful. >muh heritage can only happen so many times before it got stale.
>>
I never really followed Mexican Wrestling much. Was Perro Aguayo Jr. really the biggest Mexican wrestler at before his death? Because now he's going into the Wrestling Observer HOF and I feel like it might be because of his death, but people are saying he was a huge star. Never seen it.
>>
AAA has had bad luck all year.

>PPVs postponed
>Staff members dying in crashes
>Top rudo, Perro Aguayo Jr dies in a match
>Triplemania, the biggest show, was a disaster
>Myzteziz, after turning on Rey, leaves for CMLL
>World Champion and top draw Alberto Del Rio leaves without dropping the belt
>Some wrestlers angry for the overuse of young guys and foreigners getting more air time
>>
File: pepejr.jpg (66 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
pepejr.jpg
66 KB, 306x306
>>760942

It's fun. Both CMLL and AAA are good. AAA is a bit more WWE-influenced so that might be easier to get into if you ever want to give it a shot. And yes. Perrito at the time of his death was the hottest guy in all of Mexico. His death was a huge blow to Lucha Libre.
>>
>>760970
What ever happened to Maximo and Latin Lover? There are some of the few guys I know
>>
>>760947

It all could have been prevented if Rey just took the mask off.
>>
>>760975

Maximo is your reigning, defending CMLL world heavyweight champion. And I have no fucking idea what Latin Lover is up to these days.
>>
File: perrosdelmal.png (30 KB, 200x151) Image search: [Google]
perrosdelmal.png
30 KB, 200x151
>>760942
He was basically the most complete wrestler in lucha, he can cut promos, he could work, he could be a heel or face at a drop of a hat. He was a generation wrestler but worked his ass off and didnt take the easy way out by using his name. Much respect to perrito. Oh and his stable los perros del mal was the biggest and most popular in mexico.
> feel like it might be because of his death, but people are saying he was a huge star
I think meltz jr aka alvearez said it the best way, his death isnt why it just reminded people about him basically highlighted him in peoples mind. Like i said he was the best all around package in mexico.
>>
>>761027
Are you fucking kidding me? They gave a gimmick wrestler a shot at the top? So he's a champion whiles doing that homo gimmick? Why? I know he's been working for a long time, but I thought just like in the US and Japan, that gimmick wrestlers always hit a ceiling that's the midcard, if they even get that far.
>>
>>760975
>>761027
latin lover does mexican tv shows and talk show shit now, he left wrestling behind really after getting over with the mexican chicks on that show he was on.
>>
>>761056
Belts don't have the value in Mexico like how we do up in USA. Mask/Hair matches are held with more prestige than the belt.
>>
File: aniversarioaccioncmll-29.jpg (33 KB, 267x400) Image search: [Google]
aniversarioaccioncmll-29.jpg
33 KB, 267x400
>>761180

This. Just ask BIG MATCH ATLANTIS
>>
>>760942
His death did play a big part of him getting in the observer hof this year desu. I remember him being dropped from the ballot before. But he was a pretty good candidate even without his death. He was the top rudo when Mexico had it's last huge boom period a decade ago, was a great wrestler and a very very charismatic guy. 2015 was heading to be a resurgent year for Perro. He was heading towards headlining the show with i think the former original Sin Cara (who was the top face in mexico a decade ago as well as being one of Perro's biggest rivals) and actually going to go over if i remember correctly. After that, he would have most certainly feuded with Rey which would have been a huge angle. AAA has had one of the shittiest years for any promotion in recent memory.

>>761056
don't worry, titles mean so little right now in Mexico. Not a big deal at all.
>>
File: 1346251251226.png (290 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
1346251251226.png
290 KB, 500x497
>>761313

Konnan said the original plan for Triplemania was Perrito vs Rey.
>>
File: 1395282584270.jpg (48 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
1395282584270.jpg
48 KB, 535x577
>>761350
>>
mexicans are gay
>>
>>762499
ok
>>
File: THE_RIDE_NEVER_ENDS.jpg (231 KB, 863x752) Image search: [Google]
THE_RIDE_NEVER_ENDS.jpg
231 KB, 863x752
>Didn’t seem a great turnout for this show, but it is Cibernetico not showing up for the main event that’s the talking point. Cibernetico made a point of mentioning he was in Ciudad Madero earlier in the day; that’s on the opposite side of Mexico as Guadalajara.

>Averno & Chessman did show up and it doesn’t appear they’re going anywhere at the moment.

>http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/

Looks like Ciber really did walk out. The 2015 AAA wild ride never ends.
>>
>>765505
>>763467
nothing bringing in lucha underground people wont help plug the hole also
>ciber leaving AAA
he would be an idiot if he does.
>>
>>760902
American here
Can anyone tell me the joke about the priest and BLUE DEHMOHN BLUE DEHMOHN
>>
Just watched the La Sombra Rush match and Rush won with a double underhook pilediver. I thought piledivers were ilegal in mexico or is Rush's one legal since it's a underdouble hook?

Also is the friday night show at the area mexico going to be stream from now on or was tonight a special one since it had La Sombra vs Rush?
>>
>>761056
Heavyweight titles aren't the main weight class in mexico so Maximo being champ isn't really a big deal. Also like others have pointed out Mask vs Mask/Hair vs Hair matches are the bigger deals than tiles these days. I think AAA does care more about titles than CMLL though.
>>
>>765565

Piledrivers are illegal when it's convenient for an angle, at least that's what I noticed in my years of watching Lucha. And they stream every Friday.
>>
>>765565
the spike pile driver aka the marinete is banned in mexico immediate DQ and a fine from the box y lucha commission in mexico city.
>>
>>760924
His actual wrestling went way downhill as well. He doesn't look like he gives a fuck at all anymore. Haven't seen much of him back in WWE but he will probably end up against Sheamus and Big Show until the heat death of the universe again.
>>
>>765609
Meltz said he was working through an injury but he still kept wrestling.
>>
File: mil por ciento guapo.jpg (290 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
mil por ciento guapo.jpg
290 KB, 683x1024
>>
>>765666
Too much guapo for /asp/. Mods delete this before someone gets hurt.
>>
el bumpo
>>
File: mah_boi_laughing.jpg (7 KB, 192x263) Image search: [Google]
mah_boi_laughing.jpg
7 KB, 192x263
>>762499
>mfw I am actually Mexican and gay
>>
>>762499
Where's my mexican bear bf then
>>
>>767487

maricon
>>
>>760970
AAA is nothing but spotfiestas
>>
>>769179
Nothing lucha underground invasion cant fix
>>
It's ogre :(
>>
File: la shillbra.jpg (91 KB, 749x749) Image search: [Google]
la shillbra.jpg
91 KB, 749x749
Thank you big match Atlantis
>>
>>777821
>>778174
CMLL BTFO YET AGAIN BY VINCE AND HHH!
based sombra taking his talents to the WWE
>>
>>777821
>>778174
Damn La Sombra looks actually suave, a shame he drop the mask tho.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.