[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unified Weapons Master
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
https://youtu.be/gBhvUgxfUjk

Why the fuck aren't you guys talking about the most badass sport in the fucking world?
>>
>>757942
Bumping for some action
>>
>>757942
>Why the fuck aren't you guys talking about the most badass sport in the fucking world?
Because it's so awesome, it literally speaks for itself.
We're all just waiting speechlessly for it to become a global phenomena so we can try it ourselves.
>>
>>757953
Seriously, MMA ain't got shit on UWM. It takes more skill than MMA where you're literally just flailing your arms to knockout your opponent. in UWM you're actually making points much like a real fighting video game so it's going to be way more balanced. MMA is literally unfair.
>>
when you take pain out of the equation you take realism out as well

this is larping with a health bar
>>
>>757961
You've never even done pugil sticks have you?
>>
>>757961
So I guess fencng and kendo isn't a real fucking sport huh faggot?
>>
>>757961
>when you take pain out of the equation you take realism out as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23c7ovuSd2U
>>
>>757968
fencing is TKD with swords
no, it isn't realistic sword fighting, it's extremely restrictive and specifically designed to be gentlemanly. Because some techniques (such as slashing) are deemed too uncivilized and barbaric

and don't you start pulling a saber card on me either
>>
File: ygeqkv.jpg (12 KB, 479x449) Image search: [Google]
ygeqkv.jpg
12 KB, 479x449
>>757942
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IV3yvOkooYA
But anon, we already have Russians with a complete disregard for their own safety. Why would we need UWM
>>
>>757978
Why not, because you set up an argument, and then
>inb4
the glaring hole in it? Fuck you anon, that's some bitch shit.
>>
>>757980
>no blood

FUCK OFF????
>>
>>757980
Believe me, getting takers for anything similar to this is not easy.
>>
>>757942
>>757961
>when you take pain out of the equation you take realism out as well
Considering they show no protection for the fingers, I guess if it ever went out, they'll learn the price of stupidity with pain fairly fast.
Anyway, looks retarded wonder what kind of people it will attract considering the more serious ones will most certainly go to either sport fencing or HEMA and I don't see this being very popular with either crowd.
>>
>>757942
I like the concept of any weapon vs any weapon, that's my main problem with HEMA and FMA. The expensive suits and health bars are stupid though.
>>
>>757954
Manlet detected
>>
File: tumblr_mktewxvaFp1r0thwoo1_500.jpg (35 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mktewxvaFp1r0thwoo1_500.jpg
35 KB, 500x333
Looks fun. A bit LARP-y but miles above HEMA.

>>757968
There's plenty of pain to be had in fencing, especially for beginners.
>>
>>758038
man up you fencing fairy

Swordfish 2015, Finals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dvl1sTUcv8
>>
>>758048
I ain't watching three hours of bad footwork, pointless circling and below LARP tier attacks.
>>
Please do not start the usual HEMA vs fencing argue. We already had enough of it.
>>
>>758055
But UWM actually more balanced with the hit detection system
>>
>>758094
>But UWM actually more balanced with the hit detection system
doubtful, maybe to the audience, but for sure not to the fighters.
>>
>>758005
I don't think they are allowed to attack the hands, which instantly invalidates this as a realistic fight sim
I don't even fight with weapons and even I know that is a pretty important technique across the board from blades to pole arms
>>
>>757942
It's meant to be 100% safe, plastic weapons, electronic scoring, health bars ffs. Pretty much the opposite of badass.
>>
>>757961
This. Fedoras will freak out to try and validate their hema and cma bullshit, but credibility in fighting is inversely related to how much padding you wear.
Why am I even posting, someone just kill me
Maybe you can use your uwm mastery
>>
Prohibitively high entry cost to play and proprietary rquioment will kill this sport before it gets off the ground.
>>
>>757942
It looks fun. who cares if its realistic.
>>
Calling it now, the SCA is going to absolutely clean house in this competition.

It's starting in Australia, where there just isn't anything that comes close to the SCA in terms of regular, full-speed sparring.
>>
>>757942

I wanted to like this based on the photo and then I watched the video. I want to go back to the before-time, when I hadn't watched the video yet. That was a great world where guys put on 21st century armor and fought in an empty warehouse with swords and shields.

OP giveth, and OP taketh away.
>>
When can i get some of this armor, i'll take a cheaper version without the sensors?
>>
>>758427
Why would you want it?
>>
>>758033
>implying manlets are bad at MMA
I bet you've never done MMA. Manlet BJJers can kick ass. Once the fight is on the ground, against a skilled BJJer or MMA person, your height and strength doesn't count for shit.
>>
>>758640
Manlet confirmed
>>
The fuck is the matter with you guys?
Sports are not meant to emulate real combat they simply resemble it by coincidence.
It's supposed to be entertaining, balanced, and competitive.

That's like saying a fighting game is shit because that punch should knocked him out. OH WAIT EXCEPT YOU MOTHER FUCKERS SAY STUPID SHIT LIKE THAT.

To critique any sport focus on the fairness of its rules, possible skill ceiling, number of viable techniques, and entertainment value.
>>
>>758646
>being this insecure about height
>manlet detected
>>
>>757942
For the millionth time you can judge a weapon sport on it's hand protection. If this was as badass and full contact as they claim they wouldn't have fingerless gloves and if the armour was so good they wouldn't use nylon weapons intended for beginners fighting in tshirts.
>>
>>757942
I won't care till I can ether watch it on tv or actually do it.
>>
>>758762
The armour looks really sub-par.
Any experienced SCAdian could (and likely will, lel) easily target the unarmoured areas on the thighs.
>>
>>757942
the fight in this video is very obviously choreographed
>>
>>757942
>Why the fuck aren't you guys talking about the most badass sport in the fucking world?
Check the catalog, there's plenty of mma threads.
>>
>>757942
>Not even a real blood sport

Lame shit. Call me when they actually kill each other with real weapons.
>>
>>757942
This is like a worse version of battle of the nations. Why?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.