[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Double x-chromosome here. What martial art would best help me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: squart.png (140 KB, 243x393) Image search: [Google]
squart.png
140 KB, 243x393
Double x-chromosome here. What martial art would best help me overcome the physical difference between genders? I want to be able to defend myself when I have to.
>>
File: Craigslist - JO Crystal.jpg (113 KB, 600x633) Image search: [Google]
Craigslist - JO Crystal.jpg
113 KB, 600x633
Just do MMA.
>>
>>757817
It will take years for you to be a match for an average untrained male of your same body weight in any martial art, decades to beat someone heavier and you'd never have a shot against someone with a basic understanding of how to fight

Get a gun
>>
File: ip-man-o.gif (4 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
ip-man-o.gif
4 MB, 320x180
Wing Chun.
>>
Boxing
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (196 KB, 985x714) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
196 KB, 985x714
No girl has the will of a warrior. You have the will of a housewife or, at best, the schoolmarm.

but for real probably judo
>>
Judo and boxing.

Judo will teach you how to throw people, regardless of weight.

Boxing will teach you how to not get hit, or at least get rid of the fear of getting hit.
>>
>>757844
>or at least get rid of the fear of getting hit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQBBSLtReNk
>>
>>757846
Kyokushin's fucking awesome, but a good boxing gym is a little easier to find than a good kyokushin gym if she's in America.
>>
Judo, muay thai, boxing... It's the training methods that makes the difference, not the style. The reason people say karate or kung fu or whatever sucks is because a lot of those places use poor training methods for effective fighting, good boxing and muay thai gyms are a lot easier to find
>>
>>757852

This. However, it'll be hard for her to be able to defend herself against a guy unless she is a big Amazon chick in the first place.

>>757833
Judo definitely. Especially if she's small. Lower center of gravity becomes an advantage.
>>
>>757833
seconding judo
leverage>strength
great counter for manhandling

But also seconding the will of the warrior. You need to be ruthless and unwavering. Lots of cardio endurance would help a lot.
Most girls I've sparred with are too scared of hurting their partner or being hurt and they panic at the first sign of resistance and give up when they run short of breath.
The few that actually have fighting spirit are too dumb to use it because they try to be super aggressive and out-muscle guys instead of fighting intelligently.
Just saying, don't be like that. Be mentally strong and physically smart.
>>
>>757833
Kek nice quote anon
>>
>all these judo recs
>not choosing BJJ for superior rape defense
>>
>>757959
Bjj is better for rape than for rape defense desu
>>
>>757817
same things a man should train to fight another man. you will probably beat the shit out of any dude who can't fight. so this >>757821 or the usual striking + grappling.
try to spar with men as much as possible tho.

also
>full contact as much as possible
>tournaments
same advice as if you were a dude.
>>
>>757959
that's my fetish right there desu
>>
>>757846
That is the dumbest shit I've ever seen.
>>
>>758002
>you will probably beat the shit out of any dude who can't fight

Kek, you've never been in a fight have you?
>>
>>757817
The best method is to just surrender and allow the rape/beating to happen, who knows you might like it
>>
>>758039
>i can beat a chick despite her having 5 years of judo on me

stay dellusional
>>
>>757959

How the old saying?

Punch a BJJ purple belt in the face, and he becomes a blue belt, punch him again and he becomes a white belt..
>>
A knife its your best chance.
Really.
>>
>>757846
>dat "head conditioning"
how does he not sprain his neck?
>>
>>758141
>knives as a defensive weapon

Or you could buy a gun and have an actual defensive tool
>>
>>758137
a good punch that connects, and keep in mind untrained people will get subbed by bjj white belts extremely easily.

stop parroting bullshit you dont know
>>
File: FUCK.jpg (42 KB, 358x350) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.jpg
42 KB, 358x350
most martial arts gym have classes that focus on self defense. take those.

otherwise kickboxing. side kick to the solar plexus, fight over. this only works if they don't expect to be kicked. if they expect a fight and are defending themselves, no martial arts will realistically give you a chance to hold your own against a big dude.
>>
>>757959
on my first time at the bjj gym I go to I was able to easily overpower all the females there, some of which who have been doing it for many years. girls are just not good at physical combat. your pic gives a false sentiment of security. those tricks don't actually work unless you're ronda rousey
>>
File: monkey fist.png (404 KB, 494x347) Image search: [Google]
monkey fist.png
404 KB, 494x347
>>758141
knifes are the worst defensive weapon. they merge the worst of both worlds. being stabbed when under the effect of adrenaline is not painful. most people don't even realize that they have been stabbed and they can keep fighting. so while it will not get you out of immediate danger, it WILL kill them later, so you are still neck deep in legal troubles. no judge is ever gonna buy that you are carrying a knife for self defense, for the above mentioned reasons it is retarded.

pic related way more effective. steel ball wrapped in nylon rope, will break any bones it touches.
>>
>>758366
Damn, Kevin Sorbo is looking rough
>>
File: sole-butt-kicks-irl.gif (4 MB, 272x190) Image search: [Google]
sole-butt-kicks-irl.gif
4 MB, 272x190
>>758366
>>
Buy a gun. I say this to the guys as much as I do to the ladies. If your master plan to preserve your life in a self defense situation is to fight off one or multiple unknown(meaning unknown in stature, skill, armament) attackers, you are doing it wrong. I find the grappling martial arts (viable ones that involve actual sparring) to be the most valuable additions to gun handling because they lend themselves well to weapon retention. Striking arts with sparring can also be extremely valuable, I just lean more toward the other camp.
>>
>>757817

Ronda Rousey did Judo, BJJ and MMA.

She's fucking tank. Got an arsenal of movements for different situations purely to get her opponents into an armbar.

Also, go lift weights (yes grills should lift weights too!). Read the >>>/fit/ sticky.
>>
>>758141

Knifes are shit for self defense for various reasons..
Never raise the level of violence in a fight you are losing, it will bounce back to you.

>>758376

Non-rigid weapons are very difficult to apply. They are hard to time and either they are short range weapons (which has apparent disadvanteges i.e. against a knife), or they are very difficult to handle and it's easy to knock yourself out with them, since it takes a lo t of practice to wield them.

But the bigger problem is that if you miss you'll need more time to get ready to strike again than with a knife or baton. Split seconds than can decide something.

Especially the monkey fist is a "high risk high reward weapon", you have a lot of impact, but if you miss by one inch and the other guy catches the rope then it's game over for you. I'd use it for sucker punching, but not for actual fighting.

Last but not least: Weapons are tools, not magic wands. If you fight someone with more experience he'll evade your weapon and turn it against you.
>>
>>758122
>you're delusional
>5 years of judo make you invincible

Kek
>>
>>758604
Ronda spent her entire life training to be as good as she is, an adult woman will never have a chance of being a quarter as good as she is if they haven't spent that same amount of time training
>>
>>758657
Oh please. Yeah she's really good, but any woman who sticks to MMA/BJJ for several years (say 5?) can get very close to that level. It's all Pareto's law.
>>
>>758122
hm anon, I *can* beat a girl who have 5 years of judo on me.
>>
The art of throat punch, eye gouge, and dick kick
>>
FMA + firearm training

Weapons are a force multiplier and equalizer. Stuff like escrima is also practical and covers a large range of things (different weapons and weapon defense, rudimentary hand to hand, and unarmed vs armed, non-lethal and lethal, ect.)
>>
>>758376
One it should be lead shot otherwise the size needed to have mass enough to be effective is too large.
Two, slug shots, like saps and blackjacks, are illegal to carry and use most places, unlike knifes.
Three, flexible weapons are harder to use, need more training, are slow on the second hit, and highly prone to injuring the user.

If you must carry something illegal for up close then just carry a fucking sap, knuckle dusters, impact baton, or a big ass knife. Depending on preference and personal skill.

Steel slung shots are stupid as a weapon to rely on, and almost all examples I have seen are much too small/light to be effective even if used properly.
>>
>>758897
>highly prone to injuring the user.
If you suck at using it.
>>
>>757817
>>/qtddtot/
>>
>>758739
>very close

Then why is it that the entire women division inthe ufc look like complete jokes and have literally not a chance of getting close to defeating her?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.