[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you guys had a reason you left your dojo or gym? I left
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Have you guys had a reason you left your dojo or gym? I left mine when they refused to pay me for working there. How bout you guys
>>
File: 02_mackenzie_dern.jpg (58 KB, 582x430) Image search: [Google]
02_mackenzie_dern.jpg
58 KB, 582x430
>>757613
>I left mine when they refused to pay me for working there
Elaborate.
>>
>>757613
>ikido
>>
>Jeet Kune Do
It's a philosophy for martial arts, not a marital art.
>>
>>757625
It's actually both.
>>
>>757627
How can it be a martial art if it has no form?
>>
>>757613

I left mine after they started using me as assistant coach way too much. I don't mind helping out, but it got to a point where I was acting an grappling dummy and assistant coach more than drilling or sparring myself.
>>
>>757629
It doesn't matter. It's still the best martial art of all time baka desu
>>
>>757615
Awhile ago I worked over there for a summer job, they didn't pay me until November and then only payed me a fraction of what I'm owed
>>
Left my dojo when my old trainer who put a lot of emphasis on self defense and MMA-type competitions was made redundant and replaced by some hotshot brown belt with long hair who would only train for competitions with all their rules and restrictions, completely disregarding the fact that there is more out there. Put more emphasis on rituals, Japanese names, and sanitized fighting than anything else. Also told me of for using a neck lock as defense against a frontal double hand choke for being too excessive.
>>
Left my bjj/mt gym mainly because of the obnoxious god damn community

I genuinely enjoyed the arts themselves, but I had several purple belts(most were assistant coaches since few made it the 5-6 years it took just to get there) freaking out when I(4 striped blue, much younger than them) would lock a submission on them and then turn around and talk about how we should never do that. Not to stroke my dumbass ego, but I outgrew the place. I've found another outfit in town with some good folks at the helm and not overly saturated with bitches, but it's still sad leaving the old place behind.
>>
>>757634
Only neckbeards believe it's a martial art
>>
>>757613

When you find out after 5 years that all you do is training for how a fight could (theoretically) evolve instead of actually fighting because teacher is not in sparring.
>>
I left because my Nazi instructor left(I think medical problem or he died) and the dojo became a zoo for asshole children. I used to have to do knuckle push ups till my hand bleed and then people who can't do one push up get promoted. I've put blood, sweat and tears for my rank. Get the fuck out of here.
No discipline. Makes me sick.
>>
>>757613
Left to focus on my schooling, and haven't gone back because of severe back injuries and that i work all the damn time
>>
>>758905
Is that what you want from life?
>>
>>758907
no, I want a more regular more secure job, thats why I'm back studying again. that way i can pay off the house I bought much faster than I could at the job I'm working atm.. plus I feel like I should go back and get my black belt in Kyo.
>>
I would not really consider it "my" gym/dojo but I tried shotokan karate for a few months to cross train.

I did not like it, found it boring, useless, and nearly everyone involved was full of shit about everything.
It also just did not fit with me or my background physically or philosophically.

I just found that spending the time I would use in karate was better used training alone doing my own thing those days, and focusing more on my main art.
>>
>>758913
what is your main art anon?
>>
>>758913
>It also just did not fit with me or my background physically or philosophically
No need to leave holes in yourself as a fighter; it's good to work on what you're not good at.
>>
>>758913
What was your main art??
>>
>>759006
>>758919
pipebomb
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.