[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
stunt suit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: bond parkour.jpg (30 KB, 296x277) Image search: [Google]
bond parkour.jpg
30 KB, 296x277
Dress shoes and suits for stunt professionals: what clothing and shoe manufactures produce products suitable for formal outings, parkour, and fighting?
>>
>>756351
also interested
>>
Just don't get your suit tailored tight as fuck like the kids are doing these days, and you'll be fine.
With fighting shoes, you can't go wrong with low-cut oxford boots.
The weight might slow your kick down a little bit, but it's not steel-toed, so it's lighter because of that, and it's also lighter because of the low cut. The extra mass relative to a lighter shoe also makes it so your boot packs a bit more of a punch in your kicks.
>>
>>756411
i know this isnt /fa/ but is there any other shoes you'd recommend that are of a similar style? I just want something light and comfortable that I could theoretically throw a kick in.
>>
>>756609
Are you planning to run for a seat in Taiwanese parliament?
>>
I'm not one for stereotypes, but this might be the most fedora thing I've ever read. Why the hell do you want to wear a fucking suit and get into a fight? Do you really see yourself as James Bond? You're not James Bond. He's fictional. Whenever you go to a wedding do you think, "Gee I wish I could just get drunk at the open bar but I can't relax because I wouldn't be able to throw my roundhouse if I had to! What if the Triad decides to randomly make me their number one priority?" But if you really just want this stuff for stunt purposes, which I hope you do, then ignore all of the mean things I said. Most of that stuff properly comes from proper camera work and actually being able to do the stunts in a controlled environment.
>>
File: 789832498793.jpg (251 KB, 1565x943) Image search: [Google]
789832498793.jpg
251 KB, 1565x943
>>756351

> Khaki to blend into the environment
> Leather Jacket to mitigate slashing damage
> High sheen dress shoes to blind attacker
> Belt as concealed rope weapon
> Keys as concealed stabbing weapon
> Phone as concealed bludgeoning weapon
> ID to intimidate attackers
> Glasses as concealed piercing weapon

Not that anyone would ever pick a fight with a guy wearing a safari suit though...
>>
>>756648
oh im a major turbo autist, but i have no ambitions of fighting in a suit or anything I just like clothing that is flexible, comfortable, and durable

it just happened to fit really nicely into this thread

>>756646
top kek, nah i just want to buy a new pair of shoes and don't know where to start with /fa/
>>
File: jinbei.jpg (26 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
jinbei.jpg
26 KB, 420x420
>>756649

Forgot the pen.

Also good for stabbing, but I use it mostly for writing.

Seriously though, I carry a gold plated pen so I can stick it in my tea to check for poison. The gold will turn green for most poisons.

Pic related is my casual wear.
>>
>>756648
OP here, I'm an amateur combat choreographer and work bouncer/security gigs when I need the money. I'm 90% asking for stunt purposes, 10% asking for bouncer purposes.
>>
>>756648
what if I want it for urbex purposes, so I can jump, climb and fight off thuggees without looking like an operator and drawing LEO attention. Not so much looking for a suit as just decent looking street clothes that can handle the abuse.
>>
>>756733
for the jacket, maybe you can find one with a Raglan sleeve. one with high arms and no liner is your best bet, and easy to find.
the pants will be the real hard part. if you can find good active pants that can go with a jacket, please tell me, I've been looking at rohan lately because I can't find anything else, and I just need something for quick travelling over different climatic zones, to look decent after a night on a train while carrying a minimal backpack!
>>
The Altamont Davis Chino pant is the best khaki/chino pant for mobility and durability. I even get the slim variation because its still extremely mobile. Ive ran from the cops numerous times in them and i can say i can reach top speed in a sprint and vault or climb a fence just as well as i could in an athletic short. The Duluth Trading Co. Firehose pant is also a good option but the Altamont Davis Chino beats all
>>
File: Classic - Modern - Slim.jpg (139 KB, 650x340) Image search: [Google]
Classic - Modern - Slim.jpg
139 KB, 650x340
>>757428
See: >>756411

You can't really go wrong with a classic fit for physical purposes.
Slim fit is too restrictive, it's more for looking good while socializing.

Modern fit is somewhere in the middle, but from my personal experience, I'd advise something somewhere between classic fit and modern fit, so it looks better than classic fit but still allows a good range of movement.
This is usually hard to find, so you either need to get lucky at a thrift store or get a classic fit adjusted at a tailor for around maybe $20-$70.

For pants, if you want a good range of motion, wear suspenders.
Suspenders + pants a little bigger = Good range of motion.
Suit pants are usually already made of light and thin material.

For the perfect suit tailored for looking classy while being great active wear, chances are that you need to dish out a good amount of dosh and get a custom made suite.
If you've got money, you might as well make it bullet proof and or stab proof, as well. At least slash proof.
>>
>>757438 here

>>757428
I didn't account for how you were replying to >>756733
So you can disregard >>757438

>the pants will be the real hard part.
I fit a 28 waist, but I wear a 30 waist with suspenders so it's comfortable while also allowing a good range of motion.
>>
>>757438
youre a faggot

>>756351
get a slightly loose tailored suit (extra inch or two in chest/neck/armpit measurements) with vents for arms like a shooting jacket, cant stress the vent part enough
get "pajama" style tailored pants, they leave enough room in the seam to crouch/move your legs in extreme positions
basically take the least restrictive pants and shirt that lets you move the way you want and get measurements from that
its really not that expensive, especially if you provide materials to the tailor or you buy something off the rack to be let out or brought in an inch here or there
>>
>>757558
You're a faggot, faggot.
>>
>>757568
takes one to know one
>>
>>757571
It sure does.
>>
>>756674
shouldn't the wardrobe department handle your 90% purposes? And then you can just check the label to buy your own stuff for the remaining 10%?
>>
>>757595
>wardrobe department
Emphasis on the "amateur" aspect--anyone I've worked with hasn't had their ducks in a row well enough to have a solid, established, and experienced wardrobe department with a mind for practicality. I'm wanting to make some promo videos and such on my own, and beyond the internet and my own intuition, I have no wardrobe department.
>>
>>757619
The sad truth is a lot of wardrobe and costume used for even big budget screen work looks like stuff from a middle school play when seen in real life. It's meant to be practical for the actors to wear; it is made to look good in post. I've seen some of the costumes used in Star Trek movies and they looked like someone's grandma made them over a couple weekends
>>
>>756651
>The gold will turn green for most poisons.
You know nothing about basic chemistry, do you?
>>
>>756609
You probably won't see this bit, Chelsea boots
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.