[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aldo v mcgregor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Aldo-McGregor.jpg (47 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
Aldo-McGregor.jpg
47 KB, 400x399
Who does /asp/ have for this one and why
>>
File: wPJkJM3.png (511 KB, 1000x547) Image search: [Google]
wPJkJM3.png
511 KB, 1000x547
>>756349
If Aldo doesn't have ring rust and Conor doesn't get in his head, Aldo should take this one. Those are BIIIIIG IFs.

I also think it's interesting that both fighters are very big for their weight class and cuts shit load of weight. If we get to the 4th and 5th, all bets are off.
>>
>>756349
I have Aldo taking this, I will admit that I didn't see Mcgregor beating Chad Mendes, however giving that Chad mendes only had a two week training camp i will give him the benefit of the doubt. Aldo is just a different animal than the rest of the division and to be honest it is the toughest division in the UFC.
>>
>>756353
I think They will both move up to 155 lbs division, win or lose barring a rematch. The weight cuts are becoming to much for Aldo also it would give Renan Barou(sp) a chance to take the 145lb belt and Aldo a chance to take the 155lbs belt solving Nova Uniaos weight cutting problems. Also Connor Mcgregor looks like death making weight for 145 and will probably need to move up anyway.
>>
>>756349
Everything I wanted to know about McGregor I saw in the Mendes fight. He's a great striker who got steam rolled by proper takedowns and stalled out on the ground. He won the match because he's good but I don't like the man.

He's not shit.He's pretty fucking good but I don't really care. I'll give him the win over Aldo since it's most likely going to be a striking match.
>>
I think Conor possesses some really dangerous counter punching skills that could put Aldo away.

But Aldo is one of the best at imposing his game and out pointing his opponent to get the unanimous decision. He's also going to have a big advantage in the grappling.

My guess is that if Conor is going to win, it has to be inside of the first 3 rounds by a knockout or TKO. If it goes past that then I think Aldo is gonna get the decision.
>>
>>756349

I hope mcgregor wins, but i think aldo will win IF he makes it a grappling match.

I see, aldo going 1-2, low kick. circle. Whilst mcgregor talks shit. then i see McGregor coming in and aldo tying him up repeat 5 rounds. Or mcgregor doing something fancy with his legs which aldo will see coming a mile away, then jumping in for a combo. Same thing when mcgregor overextends his punches.

way i see McGregor win this is if he times his counter punches well enough to knock aldo down as aldo goes for low kicks.

cant wait
>>
I want Aldo to win just because I'm interested in what McGregor will say post fight.
>>
>>756704
it has to be definitive though, if it goes to judges he can make excuses
>>
>>756637
>Same thing when mcgregor overextends his punches.
Is it just me or does everyone condemn that in fighters, but at the same time its what everyone wants to see in an upcoming fighter and people hype these guys just to see them crash again.

Rampage jackson was the same for me. Although he doesnt enjoy the same kind of hype.
>>
>>756369
Yes, I think so too. Especially with the IV ban in place.
>>
>>756349
Mcgregor:
>Aldos not faced anyone of his style
>Training hard
>Not as experienced
>will probably get cocky
>Reach advantage
>Beat a short-notice mendes

Aldo:
>More experience
>Possible ring rust
> Grappling advantage
>Beat a prime mendes twice
>IV ban will make cutting a bitch for him (he will probs do it anyway)

Can go either way OP. I can see mcgregor doing some anderson silva cocky shit and getting caught out. I can see Aldo flurry him close range. And i can also see mcgregor picking a rusty Aldo apart. Anything could happen Im calling fight of the year.

Honestly though im backing Aldo please shut mcgregor the fuck up.
>>
>>757956
Mcgregor does a huge weight cut. probably as much or more then Aldo. There's always talk of him going to LW since the cut is to much for him in the long run.
>>
newfag here, where can you watch this match?
>>
>>757972
it happens in december 12.
>>
>>756993

people condemn it because it disrupts the base leaving the guy open to get taken down easy, or he becomes unstable making it easier for someone to knock him out.

Its one of the reason i think mcgregor will get destroyed in lightweight. Because he has such a reach advantage over most guys, even when he overextends it take his opponent that extra lil bit of time to touch him, Giving him jsut enough time to counter, or get out of the way. In lightweight he wont have that advantage.
This is also my theory on why weidmen knocked out Anderson. Anderson was so used to his reach advantage he didnt know/ was capable of getting out of the way of weidmens punches as weidmen matches Anderson's reach.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.