[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what martial art do i practice to move super fast and get behind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1443174114595.jpg (32 KB, 465x455) Image search: [Google]
1443174114595.jpg
32 KB, 465x455
what martial art do i practice to move super fast and get behind my opponent before they realize

i want to fight like in my japanese animes
>>
You just need to be fast, getting behind your opponent is just getting behind your opponent.
It doesn't really matter what martial art you do.
>>
ninjitsu
>>
>>756196
That's exactly one the things they train in freestyle wrestling. I think it's done in other styles too, such as folkstyle or greco-roman, but I can only speak for freestyle.
>>
>>756196
Judo without a doubt
>opponent is in front of you
>grab him
>move super fast to throw him over your shoulder
>you are now behind him
>>
>>756215
>>756216
Maybe he wants to be able to teleport behind his opponent and then say "nothing personnel, kiddo"
>>
>>756216
In Judo it's not allowed to do a duck under, so not really in Judo.

>>756221
That about spot on I guess.
>>
>>756226
Do you ever think that Kano is rolling around in his grave?
>>
>>756226
where does it say duck unders aren't allowed in judo?
>>
>>756233
wrestling is banned in judo.
>>
>>756234
I don't think you have read the rules for judo
>>
>>756235
why you never see basic wrestling stuff like duck unders in judo? its all banned.
>>
>>756236
Judo is just a primitive form of wrestling with fancy pajamas.

If you couldn't "wrestle" than most of judo's techniques like a hip throw would be illegal.
>>
>>756238
hip throws are only legal because they wear jackets. without jackets judo shit doesn't work.
>>
>>756239
>without jackets judo shit doesn't work.
I think that you forget that there're these things called "sweaters."
>>
>>756239
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCs0JGxvQCM
>>
>>756239
But it's a wrestling move. And in wrestling they do not wear jackets but it is still legal. So clearly it being legal does not have to do with the fancy coats.
>>
>>756196
bjj, wrestling or judo
>>
>>756239
I've done ogoshi in a rashy while wearing 14 oz boxing gloves. You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>756196
just practice how to slip jabs/straights or something and then close the gap
+western
+ /asp/ \\\+/// approves
- not weeblord shit

OR

practice lots of tai sabaki
it's some aikido-tier movement
although it's common in a lot of
CMA - Chink Martial Arts
+you can be ching chong
+very animu much weeb
- probably won't work irl
- /asp/ does not improve
>>
>>756196
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, actually :D
>>
>>756233
It's consider as stalling. It's common knowledge in Judo.

>>756232
I bet after attaching a generator to him they got free power for the IJF headquarters. They gotta make up shittier rules to keep him turning.
>>
>>756301
>- probably won't work irl
Combine with some sort of elbow pass, and it works just fine. One of my go to moves for Judo and wrestling.

Tai Sabaki basically means moving your whole body by the way, and it's an integral part of Judo as well as Aikido. Aikido footwork is actually quite decent.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.