[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ninjutsu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: download.png (7 KB, 246x204) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7 KB, 246x204
am thinking about trying ninjutsu out, my question is, do you think it is worth it? and if you have been in proper fight after training it for a while how did you go? also mostly interested in hand to hand stuff but would also like to know about weapons training seems fun.
>>
ninjutsu doesn't exist, there is literally no such thing. It's fiction.
>>
>>755917
that can't be right. In my town alone there are 3 ninjutsu dojos. If they're not teaching ninjutsu what are they teaching?
>>
>>755918
they are literally making it up as they go and marketing it with a name people recognize from fiction.
even consider the idea of a ninja, the stealth assasin. What use would they have for hand to hand combat techniques?

if you truly want to be a ninja, here is what you do. Dress in normal clothing and in the middle of the day drop poison in someones food when nobody is looking, then casually walk away and blend into a crowd hoping nobody saw what you did
That is historically how a ninja would operate
>>
>>755922
Isnt what youre saying just terroism. No way isis is modern day ninjas or bin laden was a modern ninja master
>>
OP here, so your saying its all just made up? because theres like a dojo in the city near where i live? and its just a sham? this makes no sense, what experience do you have?
>>
>>755922
>OP here, so your saying its all just made up? because theres like a dojo in the city near where i live? and its just a sham? this makes no sense, what experience do you have?
>>
fuck im such a newfag
>>
>>755929
Not waifumaster, but I've done toshindo for about two years now.
Its a long story but I'll try to keep this short.
The two main reasons everyone hates ninjutsu are bad training and fraud. But if you approach it the right way you may still be able to get something out of it.

Ninjutsu as taught by Bujinkan and its offshoots claims to teach the techniques of 9 ancient (pre-1700ad) schools. 6 of which are jujutsu and 3 of which are actually ninjutsu. However only 2 of these schools are actually confirmed to be ancient, while the others are unverifiable and believed to have been developed in the last century either from scratch or as re-constructions from actual ancient texts.
There's a lot more to it, but you can read all about it on bullshido and other MAforums archives. But this only really matters if you care about muh authentic 4000 year old historical lineage and the fact that the school is using unproven (and highly unlikely) historical claims in its advertising.

The other serious issue is training quality. Many schools suffer from aikido-syndrome, believing that their techniques are too dangerous to spar or compete. However, you'll never git gud if you don't practice, leading to delusional incompetents who think they're naruto.

The other concern /asp/ has is that it's inferior to \\\+/// or we'd be seeing it in MMA.

In my experience, I think most of the techniques themselves are sound, but need to be trained and pressure-tested a lot more rigorously than most ninja schools allow. However, every school is different and you might find a super rare teacher who actually has good training methodology.

I would suggest having some prior experience in a \\\+/// style so that you can detect BS and make your own judgement. If you decide to stick with it, try to get a buddy from your \\\+/// class you help you drill and spar with your ninja techniques.

Go learn some BJJ or judo, then try it out and see if you like it.
>>
>>755912
It's bullshit designed to exploit rubes who grew up watching ninja movies in the 80s and 90s.
>>
>>755912

We have a Ninjutsu school here in my city which looks quite good. They have a pretty wide curriculum (some basics of grappling, striking and weapons) and do sparring.

So if you don't take their esoteric world view to seriously and don't plan on competing and it#s okay for you to be not outstanding in every discipline but have a lot of differnt knowledge, give it a try.
>>
>>755938
pretty much this.

the "ninjutsu" schools are modeled after koryu, but they are nothing alike. There a lot of stuff, some from older sources, some made up, smashed together into a makeshift system lacking quality control or internal consistency.

If your looking for something Japanese I would recommend koryu, judo or kendo
>>
>>755931
yup
>>
File: 1390645147174.png (58 KB, 210x300) Image search: [Google]
1390645147174.png
58 KB, 210x300
>>755938

I have been summoned.

>>755912

Looking for ninjutsu is not a good idea. Most places that label themselves as ninjutsu are usually quite poor quality. I still recommend looking into places nearby, but use your own judgement. I train Bujinkan myself - but it's pretty hit and miss. It's really good when you have a good teacher, really bad if you don't. Very reliant on the instructors interpretation and what he trains.

The Bujinkan does have three Ninjutsu schools, but their techniques and strategies only start making sense around 10 years into the training. Also, I recommend at least a decade of either Boxing, Wrestling, Judo, Sambo, Muay Thai etc., before starting with the Bujinkan. Everyone in my dojo has at least 10-20 years of a hard style like Judo or Kickboxing.

So realistically, any 'Ninjutsu' you will find will take at least 20 years of dedicated training to find. It's a hard road and many people give up. I've studied the three Ninjutsu schools of the Bujinkan and some stuff is really cool, but other stuff is common sense. I served the Army Reserve and the Navy as an Officer, and spent some time with a special forces unit - and you can learn just as much, if not more about Ninjutsu by joining the military. You also get paid for it.

In summary. Ninjutsu - hard long road, not that mystical, no combat techniques, can learn it in other places as well. Make your choice from there.

>>755917

Ninjutsu does exist, most people just don't know what it is. Ninjutsu certainly isn't a combat style - so any combat techniques are something else.

>>755918

As stated above. Many places claim to teach ninjutsu - but are in fact teaching something else. False advertising.

>>755922

Many schools just do make it up as they go along. I'll admit that there is plenty of made up stuff in the Bujinkan, but there is also truth and facts. However Ninja (Shinobi) weren't only assassins. Shinobi had many jobs, espionage, sabotage, information warfare and so on. Cont'd.
>>
File: 489030234.jpg (137 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
489030234.jpg
137 KB, 1600x900
Cont'd.

A large aspect of Ninjutsu is also a cultural study of Japanese history and the feudal age in Japan.

>>755938

Aside from being a Toshindo stooge, this is spot on. You can't find better advice than this.

The question is why would you train Toshindo?

>>755940

Many schools are, I admit. Again, any place that advertises itself as Ninjutsu should probably be avoided.

>>755944

As I said before, ninjutsu does not involve combat techniques. Any style that advertises itself as that is laying it on.

Ninjutsu is a part of Bujutsu - the way of war. Jujutsu (grappling), Kenjutsu (sword), Sojutsu (spear) etc. Bujinkan, Jinenkan, and some other Koryu have a very wide syllabus - but they are not Ninjutsu styles - they contain Ninjutsu schools within them.

>>755955

Ninjutsu is part of Koryu, some Koryu do teach Ninjutsu. Bujinkan etc, isn't modeled after Koryu. It's gendai Budo (modern style).

Koryu is boring as hell and often is less effective than the made up stuff. I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>756013

No you haven't. Fuck off and go back to pretending you're Rambo.
>>
>>756015
>why would you train Toshindo?
Because its all I have. There is no x-kan here, only hayes.

>Toshindo stooge
What's this about? Is it still animosity from the split, not true ninjutsu, or a valid complaint?
As far as I know Hatsumi and Hayes are both equally shady and Mcdojoy and they're still on speaking terms.
>>
>>756015
>Koryu is boring as hell and often is less effective than the made up stuff. I wouldn't recommend it.

Bullshit, and there are plenty of ninjutsu people and dojo's who insist they are doing koryu.

>some Koryu do teach Ninjutsu

Yes, but its just a small part to their art, and they are not training in black pajamas. We all know that by NInjutsu I mean the Xkans and their offshoots
>>
>>756013
>>756015
This is a demonstrated pathological liar, OP.
>>
>>755929
Maybe i can clear it up:

When I practiced Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu I was taught that there are 9 principles within it, and (dont quote me on this one) one of them was ninjutsu.

Today there's been some internal controversy regarding "ninjutsu" teachers who really dont teach anything thats remotely helpful or interesting. It's basically a money leech which isnt supported by the traditional artists.

I'd say go for a modern approach in martial arts, eg jujutsu and just practice parkour or whatever. Much more useful!
>>
>>756093
There's nothing to clear up. Hashammy claimed to be soke of 9 koryu schools. He approached the koryu organisation. They asked for the scrolls demonstrating his lineage, He couldn't provide any. It's complete bullshit.
>>
>>756101
This plus the fact that he claims to have scrolls of known and recognized koryu schools, but when some members of said schools who had menkyo kaiden demanded to have a look at the scroll, he refused, which is quite problematic as that make him either a liar or a thief.
>>
>>756104
Then there's the fact tere's literally no evidence of his "ninjutsu stye" existing prior to him claiming to be soke of it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.