[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else excited about this? Good to see some more gra
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: catch-wrestling.jpg (168 KB, 1211x605) Image search: [Google]
catch-wrestling.jpg
168 KB, 1211x605
Is anyone else excited about this? Good to see some more grappling tournaments springing up that aren't focused on JJ.

https://www.jiujitsutimes.com/the-return-of-a-major-world-catch-wrestling-championship/
>>
Too bad you can't learn catch wrestling anymore
>>
>>755405
Just gotta hold Erick and Josh Barnett at gunpoint and force them to give lessons

>they proceed to teach bjj at gunpoint and since the arts are very similar not many people will figure it out
>>
>>755457
There are some glaring differences though. For one, in catch you don't want to be on your back, where is in BJJ, you love being a bottom.
>>
>>756004
>let me give my back instead of being on my back

makes perfect sense
>>
>>756188
if you know how to sit out, peek out or reverse it makes plenty of sense.
>>
>>755405
That's weird, I do it every week.

>>756004
Dude they teach BJJ moves and catch moves. You know, you can combine them. They have a catch wrestling class. Do you think they are doing any guard work during that?
>>
>>756188
>let me lie on my back and wrap my legs around the guy instead of just trying to stand back up
makes perfect sense
>>
>>755457
you sound like one of those guys who bought into the hype that bjj was created by the gracie family out of thin air...
>not knowing history
bjj came form the newaza of judo... helio and his brother learned judo then focused on a system of newaza...BUT WAIT! THERES MORE!!!!!!!!!!
JUDO(BJJs father) came from JAPANESE JU JITSU and took the throws and grappling aspects and focused on them exclusively...BUT WAIT!!! THERES MORE....JAPANESE JU JITSU took its grappling from ancient wrestling origins from all over the world specifically PERSIAN WRESTLING( PEHLAWANI) witch took styles from even more ancient peoples because WRESTLING(GRAPPLING) is oldest martial art in the world...the cavemen did it.
Wrestling as you see in the olympics is fairly new before it got organized pinning wasnt the only way you win a match there were submissions and no time limits AKA "catch wrestling" which is just name and a new name the style is older then its name its WRESTLING(GRAPPLING) the definition and style changed over time...

where do think BJJ got its techniques from?
the KIMURA? helio got tapped buy a judoka and the named the move after him but he didnt invent the move he took from "cach wrestling" ...double wrist lock(also just a name) americana another "catch move" just a name....do you honestly think BJJ INVENTED THE ARMBAR? KEK.....IT WAS AROUND WAY BEFORE helio was even born....HOWEVER BJJ is responsible for compiling a system and set ups and differnt variations of subs sweeps ect. along with its own evolution of techniques and subs but your ignorant! also bjj frowned on foot locks another "catch" technique they would throw shoes at you if did foot locks now thats all black belts do...HOW U LIKE ME NOW? CATCH IS JUST A NAME AND A NEW ONE ITS ORIGINS ARE SOL OLD YOU IGNORANCE IS FUNNY...WRESTLING as you know it isnt what it always was people put names and things change over time and systems get promoted and formed its all grappling your closed minded...THATS YOUR LESSON!
>>
>>755457
>>756188
PWNED AND REKT>>756293
>>
>>756293
>the KIMURA? helio got tapped buy a judoka and the named the move after him
He didn't get tapped. He got his shoulder dislocated.
>>
>>756298
ok wrong wording he was to tough to tap but that ended the fight...small point but do you agree with my bigger point?
>>
>>756293
also another point i frgot make is that "catch" is smilar to BJJ today in that they are promting themselves and seperating themselves with names and diff systems...the original submission grapplers frm which "catch" is based on had totally different sets of rules then modern day catch tourneys...they were more challenge matches...majority of them had no time limit and the only way to end a mach was my someone quiting or both asking for mutual draw....they also had speacial challenge matches such who ever gets taken down or thrown loses or pinned...but majority were submission matches...most part evryone wants to be different and promote ther style when its all grappling...the best are those who crosstrain and take best from each discipline and best suited to their bodytype and strength...ALL JUST NAMES its all WRESTLING in end of day
>>
>>756293
this is pretty accurate that most people overlook
>>
>>755405
From my understanding, you can only learn the real thing in either Japan or the UK.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.