[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should we create a massive /asp/ martial arts sticky which includes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1299119837639.jpg (42 KB, 589x374) Image search: [Google]
1299119837639.jpg
42 KB, 589x374
Should we create a massive /asp/ martial arts sticky which includes all sorts of info, faqs, how to choose a martial art, etc and so on. I think it would be really beneficial for the board, and for the newfags they have a good resource to understand before asking stupid questions. Think about it, /fit/ has a sticky. I kind of mean something like that. What do you guys reckon? What would we have in it?
>>
I think that /asp/ should work together to gather some knowledge about martial arts and things relating to martial arts as to provide new members with information as well as provide information for the community as a whole to look over and ponder.

I think that the information provided should provide information from a relatively non-biased standpoint, with both information relating to specific things, the more nebulous, as well as varying combinations of specifics and generalizations depending on the topic at hand.
That's the impulsive typing off the top of my head, anyway.
>>
>>754870

No.

/asp/ is to diverse (WWE, Airsoft, Climbing, Skating, all kind of martial arts..).

Also we wouldn't get a together with our opinions about many issues.
>>
>>754870
Why do we need a massive sticky? All it needs to say "CMA is shit, everything Japanese which isn't judo or full contact karate is shit, RBSD is shit. Ignore anything said by name/tripfags"
>>
>>754870
Could we just borrow this and have newfags browse through it before asking?
http://www.bullshido.org/Category:Styles
>>
>>754888
>No.
>/asp/ is to diverse

I said "lets create a martial arts sticky"
>martial arts sticky
>>
>>754966

Half the posters here think that Bullshido is exactly wrong about everything.
>>
>>755278

Bullshido is more open minded towards martial arts, has less biases, has more people who actually know what they are talking about and gets 1000 times less baiting and trolling.

But /asp/ is more fun, though.
>>
>>755276

>I said "lets create a martial arts sticky"

But it's uncommon to create a sticky which doesn't represent the interests of the board.
>>
>>755288

I thought the ras sling threads WERE sticky.
>>
File: MA.jpg (751 KB, 1712x2771) Image search: [Google]
MA.jpg
751 KB, 1712x2771
>>754870
So you just want to sticky this OP?
>>
>>754888
We can create a sticky/wiki, and people from other sports can add what they want.

If they want longboarding info, they can add it themselves, for instance. Same with paintball, skateboarding, climbing, airsoft, pro wrestling etc
>>
>>755288
The interests of this board is 98% martial arts, the other threads are just memes.
>>
>>755315
I spose.
>>
>>754870
Something important that I think should get put in any form of sticky is that it's completely alright to learn a martial art for the "art" aspects rather than the "martial" aspects. It's common on here for people to shit on someone for not doing martial arts that are effective in a fight, but other reasons for doing martial arts exist. Someone may want to do them for fitness, fun, interest in the culture, etc. As long as someone isn't claiming that their martial art is the best, they shouldn't be discouraged.
>>
>>755501
Gotcha covered
>The Martial Arts are, primarily, systems of techniques used for fighting. There are many hundreds of styles and schools of martials arts; however, they are not all focused on combat. Certain martial arts, such as tai chi chuan are used for exercise or health. Some styles, such as Wushu and Parkour are used almost exclusively for performances or demonstration purposes. And other styles, such as iaido, seek to preserve the traditions in warrior customs and cultures of days gone by.
>>
>>755527
Makes sense,
also something about maybe some martial arts may have advantages over others, but in the end it depends on how hard you train and how far your willing to go

that stops all the bjj fags claiming 'muh superiority'
>>
>>754870
we have no mods
>>
File: anti-bjj-kick.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
anti-bjj-kick.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>755921
>that stops all the bjj fags claiming 'muh superiority'
>>
>>755527
>Parkour
>martial art
>>
>>755923

I always thought Wu is a mod in disguise who is also the ultimate master troll..
>>
No, the board is too slow already and would die within a week if you do that
>>
>>755278
Yeah, but that half are jackasses like Wu, pomf, and cmaguy.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.