[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Id like to get into airsoft but i dont know anyone who plays,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: KJWM43.jpg (195 KB, 947x629) Image search: [Google]
KJWM43.jpg
195 KB, 947x629
Id like to get into airsoft but i dont know anyone who plays, can you guys give me the basics on equipment Guns and gameplay rules?

Can i get a good assault rifle for 100 bucks?
Can i start with just a handgun?
What gear is essential?
>>
File: img_0.jpg (240 KB, 1024x721) Image search: [Google]
img_0.jpg
240 KB, 1024x721
>>747857
>Can i get a good assault rifle for 100 bucks?
At that price point you need to find something on sale, but it's definitely achievable.
http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/1933-jg-airsoft-r36-hybrid-modular-carbine-hmc-tactical-aeg-rifle.aspx
Shop around, read reviews, pick a gun you like the look of etc.

>Can i start with just a handgun?
You can if you want, but it's not a good idea. A cheap but reliable AEG is better than most pistols of any price.

>What gear is essential?
1. Eye protection in the form of ANSI rated glasses/goggles (lower face protection is optional, depending how much you value your teeth)
2. Boots with ankle support i.e. not sports shoes
3. Durable clothing, surplus military clothing
After those, I suppose you will need webbing to carry magazines, water etc. But they are not absolutely necessary when starting out.

General is here >>744674
>>
>>747857
Me too, actually. What's the ranking system for airsoft? Do you have belts, medals, etc.?
>>
File: oh afgan.jpg (768 KB, 400x371) Image search: [Google]
oh afgan.jpg
768 KB, 400x371
>>747887
>What's the ranking system for airsoft? Me too, actually. What's the ranking system for airsoft?
top kek
>>
>>747887
Its pretty easy to move through ranks. I'm at my urban camo belt now. just got my room clear gernade patch (3+ kills)
>>
> What gear is essential?
Airsoft gun
Power source (battery/charger or gas)
Lipo fire-proof storage/charging bag if using a battery powered gun
Biodegradable BBs (bio unnecessary at indoor fields but important for outdoor play)
Mask or goggles

Optional:
Extra magazines
Some way to carry extra magazines (vest with pouches or whatever)
Camo (used military surplus is much better quality than the stuff at airsoft stores, and often just as cheap)

>Can i start with just a handgun?
If you only play CQB, yes. Otherwise it's not ideal.
>>
Gloves are a good idea. But you don't want thick leather gloves. You want something thin and easy to hold an airsoft gun with. Airsoft stores sell gloves. This is the one piece of clothing where the airsoft version is a good idea (as opposed to military surplus)
Gloves aren't completely necessary though
>>
When buying an airsoft gun make sure that its velocity (measured in fps) is low enough for it to be allowed at your local groups/fields. AEGs (automatic electric airsoft guns) can be downgraded by replacing the spring if necessary but better to just get one at your desired speed right away. Airsoft pistols generally can't be downgraded, at least it's not reasonable to do so.
>>
When you hit some one they are suposed to confirm the hit right? I would asume that people would not do that most of the time..does it work?
>>
>>748247
>calling hits
>" I would asume that people would not do that most of the time"
That says quite a lot about you.
To answer your question though, the overwhelming majority of people who play the game always call their hits. Not calling your hits will get you thrown out of most fields (marshals are watching the players).
>>
so jealous.

>australia
>airsoft banned completely
>having an airsoft gun is illegal

=(
>>
>>748261
Well that sounds good, i think ill manage the shame of geting hit
>>
>>748265
Good god your contry's laws are shit.
>>
We have a general
Post there
>>
>>747857
http://pastebin.com/WQtUgznd
This is literally everything you need to know about getting into airsoft.
>>
File: 1410659528586.jpg (25 KB, 457x480) Image search: [Google]
1410659528586.jpg
25 KB, 457x480
>>747887
>ranking system for airsoft
>Do you have and belts, metals, etc?
>>
JG Polymer body M4s are good. Get them on ebay for $89, you can probably afford an extra mag with the leftover money.
>>
>>748182
To add onto this, don't get gloves like those found at hardware stores that are really thin on the back, such as pic related. They don't protect well.
>>
File: gloves.jpg (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
gloves.jpg
86 KB, 500x500
>>752776
forgot pic
>>
>>747887
I'm lvl1 but I've prestiged like, 108 times. So I'm a pretty big deal in airsoft.
>>
>>748182
Mechanix gloves are fine
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
>>752805
Jesus fuck. I wore cutoff fingered gloves to games twice and it was not a good experience both times.

First time, I attended a Training that was a precursor to a big milsim. We were learning Canadian forces section maneuvers, so for anyone who knows about that, there is a lot of ups and downs. And I got completely fucked by nettles and shit.

The other time I got a bb right in the fucking finger and the lump didn't fully heal for about 6 months lol.
>>
>>748247
Sometimes people will have shitty fps weapons and you cant tell the difference between a ricochet and a direct hit. If you're an honorable player you will get frustrated with this. Especially with spray and pray opponents that try and bounce bbs at you. Just try and have fun and don't be a dick.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.