[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/eternal skateboarding general/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: skateriot.gif (668 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
skateriot.gif
668 KB, 320x240
Information for beginners (UPDATED), PLEASE READ BEFORE asking: http://pastebin.com/C6rEGbzD

Shoe info and feedback, feel free to contribute on the 2nd link (the first is the shoe reviews): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnSv7MyhLozYdGM1a1FUMHNtTkRFN0xkVmt3dEZ0NHc#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y70Tug_iI9-dW2VqBBzsI9PCnFlw1jIOu9yTlHcc-wY/viewform

YOU' RE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED
YOU 'RE NEVER TOO FAT TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED

old thread:>>740039

SkatePark etiquette: Go early or go burly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJk0p-98Xzc
>>
>go early or go burly
Think before you type stupid shit.
>>
>>742619
this advice is solid.
>>
Let's continue the weirdest thing you've skated.
One of my buddies found an old abandoned manufacturing plant in the middle of nowhere. About 6 of us crammed into one car and went out there. Tons of cement full pipes lined up and found some body use to be living there or still was.
>>
>>742623
A burned out house, skated the stairs to the front porch.

Also what does /esg/ think of flatground lines?
>>
>>742619
What does that shit even mean?
>>
>>742625
>flatground lines
They're fun to do, but not much to look at. If you're filming I'd prefer you jump some gaps (don't even have to flip just ollies are cool too) because it looks more impressive.

It's more fun and inspirational imo to see skaters use the existing environment and turn it into a skatepark, and flatground tricks don't really do that for me.
>>
reboasting cause discussion

how have your sessions been, /esg/?

learn any new tricks?
bomb any good hills?
eat shit?
>>
>>742680
no
no
yes
>>
>>742680

yes
no
yes
>>
>>742612
>SkatePark etiquette: Go early or go burly

dont make threads anymore
>>
File: 1438033582927.jpg (32 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
1438033582927.jpg
32 KB, 375x500
>>742684
>>742686
elaborate? kinda means nothing if u respond like that
>>
>>742693

I was learning frontside boardslides on a rail at my park. I managed to finally land it clean at least once, but I took some pretty nasty spills and one that kinda fucked up my wrist.
>>
>>742693
it rained all day yesterday and today
>>
>>742625
I 'm all about freestyle.
>>
>>742627
>>742687

I said: go early or go burly motherfuckers.
>>
File: 1433347597507.jpg (324 KB, 1383x1600) Image search: [Google]
1433347597507.jpg
324 KB, 1383x1600
>>742680
Bad. Started snowing last week. Probably won't see skate able concrete until May.
>>
>>742680
my pushing foot hurts like fuck and it's starting to rain more often but I'm getting the idea of how to do ollies so that's nice
>>
>>742680
Nonexistent ;_; Hopefully it doesn't rain too much over the next few days or else I'll be waiting until next week
>>
>>742619
I knew someone would discuss this and not necessarily PC...
>>
>>742612
nice song choice tbh
>>
>>742623
Walmart boards hahaha...
>>742680
From Melon went to Roastbeef
Yes sure, Allahu Akbar all the time
Definitely and didn't die
>>
>>742735
Agreed. More skate music should be posted

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp_GIzh53X8
>>
>>742696
>>742716
>>742729
>>742730
fuck precipitation

>>742716
where do you live? that sounds brutal for a skater

>>742729
hella yeah man you'll get it before you know it and it's gonna be sick. just keep practicing. And i had that same thing with my pushing foot when I started too. I think it might have been that thing that happens when you start doing a new exercise and your muscles are sore as fuck for a few days then don't get that sore anymore. Well it happens to me at least. ice and some rest imo
>>
Got some new shoes.
Supra Stacks, they're pretty nice. I put in a review for the spreadsheet.

My gripe is that the shoelaces are paper thin, but the suede is holding up fairly well.

Opinions on Supra? Suede shoes in general? When should I expect to see wear?
>>
Anyone have stories of street skating? Never gone before, being that I live in a rural area, just would like to hear some stories about it.
>>
>>742755
To add I really enjoy watching street skating videos
>>
>>742680
Yeah, learned crail grabs while street skating because why the fuck not?
Bombed a hill and a cop gave me a 7/10 for my powerslides.
I haven't ate shit really hard recently
>>
>>742680
>Learn any new tricks?
FS rock and rolls
>Bomb any good hills?
Nah my area is pretty flat unfortunately. I actually miss living in a hilly city
>Eat shit?
No, today was a lazy day of just hanging out with buddies and doing easy tricks.
>>
>>742716
>started snowing last week
Where the fuck do you live, the rockies?
>>
>tfw most skaters in your city skate slow as fuck and don't look confident on their board 99% of the time
>tfw most skaters in your area are v too "chill" and do nothing at all that gets you hyped
>tfw most of the rippers in your city moved away
>tfw most skaters you skate around do nothing but make excuses about why they can't do a trick instead of accepting it's their own fault and its up to them to work for it
>>
>>742769
be the change you want to see
>>
>>742769
>tfw no skaters in your neighborhood because the streets are shit and its not that safe
I would kill for them to make that empty grocery store into an indoor skatepark, but I know niggas would ruin it somehow.
>>
>>742729
how long have been trying to do an ollie?
>>
>>742756
same, but there are so little cars when they do it. My city is always busy when i try to do it, maybe i should try and find more backstreets
>>
>>742794
bout 3 days
when i first started trying to do em i didnt get how people got up in the air but i figured out now that its kinda like youre jumping off your back foot
>>
>be me
>have pretty shitty ollies
>only get them knee length high off the ground
>know what I'm doing wrong
>every time I pop my board up and suck it above my hips and suck my knees into my chest my back foot comes off the back of my tail
So fucking annoying. I'm committing 100% to these huge ollies that'll involve my knees almost hitting my chin and every time my feet slip off my board coming back in.
>>
File: 53.png (22 KB, 769x745) Image search: [Google]
53.png
22 KB, 769x745
I feel too old to skate anymore... 24.

Used to skate as a kid, I was so damn agile and light and invincible, got used to falling and never broke/sprained anything jumping stairs, ledges, whatever.

Now I'm a medical student (hyper-aware of every nerve/muscle I could injure and exactly how I could fuck up and hit my head and become a vegetable, etc.) and my knee/ankle gets sore, I wanna learn to fall again by falling but you can't thrash your body the same way like when you're a 70lb. cartilaginous kid who can't get injured.

I even bought pads and a helmet, I'm that old kid looking weird as fuck skating random parking lots in my neighborhood, but whatever. True love for skateboarding > all.
>>
>>742820
>medical student
Dun goofed. Never learn how the sausage is made friendo. Also you're only 24. You're body's not failing yet so go skate.
>>
>>742735
as always
>>
>>742814
>its kinda like youre jumping off your back foot

but then both your feet have to get air.
>>
>>742820
>cartilaginous kid who can't get injured.

you can get injured as a kid. 24 is not old, you 're just going through a phase.
>>
the fuck happened? Nobody gives this shitter any credit anymore?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcn4Oo6Huzo
>>
>>742820

>Medical student

Shit son, I'm in medical school too and I'm getting back into skating as well. I'm 22 but used to be just like you described, able to fall and bounce back no problem. First thing - you're not old. I hope to be skating in 2 years at your age, going bigger and harder than I'm going now. Second, I've taken some pretty hard spills off of sets and rails already, but I'm still bouncing back (maybe not as fast as 15 year old me, but still bouncing back).

Godspeed anon, and good luck with school
>>
>>742816
>only get them knee length high off the ground
that is not shitty at all
>>
>>742884
you fuckos are both obsessed with success and that makes you think "not teenager=old", shut the fuck up, don't even cinsider it, now your bodies are complete, you are at a warrior age, you can do anything human possible.

>>742891
wanted to say that.
>>
>>742899
>>742891
>knee high ollies are good
Not when you know you can almost double their height.
>>
File: tumblr_nqj8lb2QiJ1s2wio8o1_500.gif (1 MB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqj8lb2QiJ1s2wio8o1_500.gif
1 MB, 500x304
>>742899
>you are at a warrior age, you can do anything human possible
I like the way you think
>>
File: Photo on 10-7-15 at 1.58 PM.jpg (411 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 10-7-15 at 1.58 PM.jpg
411 KB, 1080x720
"looking back" 8.38" deck by hookups, comes with nice top graphic. just love the art, especially the glittery powder effect on her panties. took about two hour of cutting and prep work. first try, i cut the grip to include the hair sticking out of the bottom left side but kept messing up and it looks weird. so i removed the grip (so easy!) and redid everything.
>>
>>742985
nice fucking job dude, that looks dope
>>
>>742996

thanks! i'm very happy with how it turned out.
>>
>>742985
Where did you get that deck? I've been looking for ages.
>>
>>743001

http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Hook_Ups_Looking_Back_Deck/descpage-HULBDK.html

They had a moving sale about two weeks ago. It was 25% off, so I got it for $42.75.
>>
>>742962
I 'm glad.
>>
"that was totally tech, and the gnar" -Street League announcer

what is life
>>
i got this complete skate a week ago but it makes a really annoying rattling sound on most surfaces. today i took out the bearing to have a look and i think the spacer (i think) is the wrong size. it's too big to go inside the bearing and too small to take the whole room inside the wheel.. so if i keep it there it's never fixed. i just took them out and went out a bit to ride and it seems to be less noisy - couldn't test properly cause it rained and it's late and people are sleeping.

is it okay to leave the spacers out if this helps with the noise?
>>
"that was totally tech, and the gnar" -Street League announcer

what is life
>>
>>743052
spacers are not needed
>>
Hey /esg/

Im a new skater and I really want to go out and skate everyday but I get VERY sore after every session, so much so that I can't even skate the next day cus my calves, ankles and bottom of my feet are so sore.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it normal to get this sore after only an hour or 2 of skating?
>>
>>743159
it will eventually become less sore as your muscles get accustomed to skating. you're fine tbh
>>
Skateboarding is the only thing that can take my mind off of suicide, and it's supposed to rain tomorrow.

Fugg
>>
File: Cloud_stock_2_by_AiSac.jpg (58 KB, 540x271) Image search: [Google]
Cloud_stock_2_by_AiSac.jpg
58 KB, 540x271
>>743189
well its rainigng tomorrow???
nice oportunity to watch some comfy videos all day.
http://gnartifact.com/
>>
>>743193
That's exactly what I was planning, mate. Literally all I do during the day is eat, go to class, skateboard, and watch skateboarding videos.
>>
File: img_0767.jpg (121 KB, 1280x851) Image search: [Google]
img_0767.jpg
121 KB, 1280x851
Post your current favorite deck art

or post your current deck
>>
File: shamanboard.png (647 KB, 598x600) Image search: [Google]
shamanboard.png
647 KB, 598x600
>>743206
First deck ever, got it two days ago.
loving everything about this
>>
>>743211
that looks so rad mate

your photo makes me want another quasi deck
>>
>>743206
I can find almost no deck art that I actually like. It's all "LOL SO IRONIC" pop art looking stuff like your pic, stupid edgy skull/grim reaper shit or boring logos of brands. Im sure other people like that shit but I personally dont. The only deck brand that I've seen that isn't one of those 3 is hookups, but I dont really want to skate around on anime titties.

Any other brands that I've missed?
>>
>>743217
Try looking at Habitat and Element
>>
>>743193
marcello???
>>
File: 2ey29IU.jpg (934 KB, 2390x4250) Image search: [Google]
2ey29IU.jpg
934 KB, 2390x4250
>>743206
>>743206
I'm super jelly of this guy's deck on the left
>>
>>743206
Favorite and current deck.
I like skeletons.
>>
>>743232
What deck is that on the left?
>>
>>743235
>be me yesterday
>class trip to a museum in the lower east side of Manhattan
>(in case you don't know LES skatepark)
>so I bring my board
>get there before my class so I hit up the park
>BS boardslide, 50-50 & Willie grind, cruising.. smoke a fat joint
>link up with class soon after. Getting organized for the museum tour
>3 dudes are on the fire escape & spot me
>(I have a baker deck) they start screaming "DEATHHHHWIIIIIISHHHH!!!!!!"
>they insist I kickflip cause "sk8life bro"
>I don't, have to brush them off cause of my class
>after tour I go hit up the park again for a bit
>the dudes are there
>they're so hesh as if they learned from Mastah Shredder
>one sees me & shouts "kickflip!!"
>pop a boned kickflip, caught in the air, bolts

How's your week going guys
>>
>>743251
its from this guy http://bakasucks.myshopify.com/ but he doesnt have any decks on sale rn
>>
>>743258
thank you!
>>
>>742680
1.starting to get my scoop tricks (3shuv, the) & I've been trying to pop my Nollie flip tricks lately
2. Sure, skated very mountainous neighborhood by my area in the dark. I was being super confident so I was bombing the streets at suicidal speeds.
Cause of the darkness I didn't see a fractured part of the street until it was too late. I flew forward & spun in the air, landing on my right side.
3.see #2
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>743206
needed a new deck, had for about a week now. I didn't expect it to be as long as it was but its pretty good so far. Holds up well
>>
>more than a year ago
>interest in skating arises
>already snowboard
>"bro longboards are just like snowboards"
>decide to get a longboard
>go on like 3 sessions
>get annoyed because I was having trouble sliding
>lose interest (cowardly, I know)
>interest in skating piques again
>mfw I wish I would have gotten a skateboard instead of a longboard
>don't want to go and buy one when I have a longboard I never use and it could reside to the same fate

So I suppose I'm going to just longboard for a bit and if it sticks go out and get a skateboard after a year or so. Something like that.
Me extensively researching hobbies for a while, finally pulling the trigger, and then losing interest actually happens a lot to me and it's depressing. Especially because I'm not simply impulse buying, I do a lot of research before.
>>
>>743206
This in addition to half the stock at fucking awesome
>>
File: Jimmy_gangnam_style.png (170 KB, 404x443) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy_gangnam_style.png
170 KB, 404x443
>mfw horrible at flat ground skating but can bullshit your skills on flat when random grills ask you to do a trick
Who needs kick flips when you can 360 revert and do different revert shuv variations
>>
>>743222
huh, pretty neat. Not quite my style but atleast they're unique
>>
>>743268
>Me extensively researching hobbies for a while, finally pulling the trigger, and then losing interest actually happens a lot to me and it's depressing. Especially because I'm not simply impulse buying, I do a lot of research before.

Im exactly the same way. My ukulele doesn't get much love.
>>
File: meandmikeatthepark.png (305 KB, 336x504) Image search: [Google]
meandmikeatthepark.png
305 KB, 336x504
xth for mike mo
>>
>>743252
>foot hurts because #rekt shoes and trying switch
>no money
>didn't manage to meet friends to go skate with
>rain
>no money
>feel shit
>>
allright Steve-O.

>"news" not mentioning a word about the protesting part, clling it a "stunt by this absolute madman".

http://theridechannel.com/news/2015/10/steve-o-sentenced-to-30-days-in-jail
>>
>at my local park for like the fifth time ever
>lived and skated in this town for over ten years, the park is just really shit so nobody skates there
>fifteen or twenty scooters are playing train in a route that simultaneously blocks off every obstacle
>no disrespect to legit scooter riders, but most of these riders were too young to be at a skatepark, and I guess the older kids' parents never taught them about sharing or taking turns
>start doing fliptricks and warming up on the sidewalk in front of the park, waiting for the kids to finish what they're doing so I can skate the shitty ledge
>fifteen minutes later
>they're still going
>start doing some tricks in the road, occasionally stalling on or manualing on the curb
>end up just sessioning the curb, seeing as the scooters aren't going to be stopping any time soon
>actually making a pretty decent session out of it
>a lone scooter kid sees me skating and scoots up to me, and he's maybe eleven or twelve
>kid asks me to show him a trick or something
>realize that this is my opportunity to get someone into skating and be a good influence for once
>not sure what tricks to show him
>decide to do the most popular/hip-these-days tricks that I can
>the idea was that some tricks are probably popular for a reason, so those tricks would be most likely to get this kid stoked on skating
>360 flip
>nollie flip
>fs flip
>switch bs heel
>ask the kid if he thought the tricks were cool
>"sure, I guess"
>new idea
>skate down the road far enough to get speed
>push as fast as I can in that distance
>pop an ollie as high and boned as I can
>turn around and come in fast again
>fs slappy right in front of the kid
>immediately realize that the unpainted, unwaxed, cracked, chipped, and uneven curb isn't grindable
>don't slide six inches before my trucks catch and I slam left shoulder first into the corner of the curb, slide a few feet across the road on my left triceps (singular), shoulder, and back, and roll backwards to my feet

cont.
>>
cont.

>still moving too fast to stop
>can’t run out the momentum because I’m facing backwards
>ram my ass and tailbone into the ground
>slide on my ass briefly, then bang the back of my head on a parked car and knee myself in the forehead
>vision fuzzy, ears ringing, back pockets halfway ripped off, tailbone throbbing, bleeding lightly from my left arm and shoulder, I slump against the car and groan
>kind of forget where I am for a moment
>a high-pitched noise snaps me back to reality
>the noise is coming from the scooter kid, who is laughing his ass off at me
>between chuckles, he asks if I’m okay
>”yeah, I’m fine”
>he comes and sits next to me, and we start talking about where we come from, what music and TV we like, what other hobbies we have, and all that type of stuff
>we get to the topic of the slam, and I tell him that I’ve probably had five or ten slams that were worse
>explain that it’s just a part of life for people who skate, and that most skaters deal with some level of pain every day
>explain that how a skater will work at a trick for hours, constantly getting scrapes, shinners, and worse, until they finally get a sketchy land or two, and the next day goes the exact same way, and so does the next, for weeks on end until they can land the trick decently about half the time, then they keep doing it over and over until they can land the trick consistently, and that they repeat this process for thousands of tricks, acquiring dented shins, busted knees and ankle, scars all over, and constant body aches in the process
>he asks me why anyone would want to skate if they knew it was so hard and so painful
>knowing that this answer could be what gets this kid into skating, I tried to think of something inspiring to say, but, with my head the way it was at that particular moment, all I could do was be honest about it and let my thoughts out

cont.
>>
cont.

>”I don’t know, dude. It kind of sucks sometimes, but, if something’s really hard, and it takes forever to do, then getting it done is pretty much the best feeling ever. The feeling you get when you land something you’ve been busting your ass over is just insane.”
>he gave an understanding “huh” in response, and then we just sat for a minute
>ask him if he thinks he thinks he wants to skate
>he does, and he seems really stoked on the idea
>we get up off the ground and head to my car, and I grab my other setup (a 3 month old 8-inch Creature deck with Mob grip, used Indies, 50 mm Spitfires that were once 54 mm, and used but freshly cleaned and lubed Bones Super Reds bearings with all the shields intact) out of the trunk and hand it to him
>tell him he can have it if he wants it, and he excitedly accepts
>spend the next hour or so helping him figure out his stance, teaching him how to push, carve, kickturn, tick tack, drag his tail (only once or twice, so he knows how to get his tail to the ground), lift his nose over cracks, try to manual, and other fundamentals of riding
>his balance and control is very good for a beginner
>he asks me if I’ll teach him how to “jump”, so I tell him it’s called an ollie, explain the basic idea (get some speed, center above the board, crouch, jump, pop, angle your front foot, drag, level out, pull your knees into your chest, keep your feet moving up and forward, bone it once you can go high enough, center above the board, prepare to land, compress your legs, and ride away), and I show him my ollie again a few times, to see the idea in action
>explain that his ollie won’t be very high or good-looking when he first lands it, but that it’ll improve, and that he should just focus on pop, angle, drag, level out, get ready, and land for now, saving the cannonballing, boning, and maneuvering of the board for after he has a decent ollie to work with

cont.
>>
cont.

>explain the idea of timing and coordinating the whole body to flow together, and that developing timing is key to a good ollie
>he’s landing half-inch, rocketted ollies within thirty minutes, and starting to level them after forty-five, reaching three or four inches within the hour, so, the kid obviously has a decent amount of natural talent for skating
>his mom was going to pick him up after that, so I give him a short list of classic parts to look up on YouTube, tell him I’ll come to the park more frequently to skate with him, and tell him that once he gets better and older, some of the local skaters and I could take him to a few street spots, when he’s mature enough to understand and take peoples’ negative opinions on street skating in stride, and independent enough to choose to commit what the law considers vandalism
>say our goodbyes and go our separate ways
>tfw this kid will grow up with a positive outlet for his energy and an incredibly rewarding hobby
>tfw my small town’s local scene is growing in front of my eyes
>tfw I had a positive influence on someone
>feels good man
>tfw my tailbone, skull, and shoulder are still throbbing and stinging in pain
>feels bad man
This all happened yesterday at the park, and I figured I’d share a bit of positivity with you guys with the story. Sorry it turned out so long. It feels good to share the thing that makes me so happy with someone else who appreciates it, and I’m excited to see the kid progress. Hopefully, skateboarding is as good to him as it was to me when I was around his age.
>>
>>743421
beautiful story man, thats some movie shit.
>>
>>743421
Fucking nice story. props big time.
Can you or anyone help me with my used board purchase. I want to start skating and my friends lil bro isnt using his old deck anymore. He has this setup with a habitat deck, Venture 5.0 trucks and spitfire classic 53 wheels. I also have an old element board with kryptonics wheel attatched to it. So the kid is asking me 56-67 dollars for it( we're still negotiating). The thing is, one of the bearings are fucked so id have to buy a new pair. The wheels on my shitty walmart trucks dont really spin that much either. So now i have 2 options. Should i salvage my element board and wheels and buy a new set of trucks and bearings for it for around 58 dollars OR should i buy his used set for around 60 dollars and have to replace the bearings for around 18 dollars extra. I hope this makes sense. Can answer any questions
>>
>>743439
Seeing as im an absolute beginner and will probably spend my first month just learning how to ride i dont think i need much besides a good set of trucks and a board.
>>
>>743440
>>
>>743439
Play it safe and buy a new complete or a pre-built board.
>>
>>743445
>>
>>743448
i have the option to see the board up close. I kinda dont see the point of buying a complete if im going to spend a long time just learning riding and popping ollies and doing manuals. I doubt the trucks are fucked(the paint is almost perfect) and i could regrip the deck if needed. Im not going to need a squeaky clean setup if im not gonna be doing mad technical shit. correct me if im wrong.
>>
>>743439
I say get the kids old deck and replace the bearings, then save for replacing the hardware on the board you have now. And depending on the condition of that deck your hardware might outlast it and you can put those in a brand new deck.
>>
>>743421
>inb4 you diddle the kid
You sick fuck, stop hanging out with underage jail b&
>>
>>743439
Anybody that pays $60 for this board is a dumb ass. Only thing semi decent on that is the trucks.
Spitfire classics are shit tier and that deck of beat. You're better off talking him down to $30, explaining that the deck is beat as fuck, the wheels are shit, and the bearings don't work, or just buying a brand new complete for $80.
>>
File: macat.jpg (14 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
macat.jpg
14 KB, 200x300
>>743421
>>
>>743454
Yeah but you need to understand that im only starting out and the wheels probably arent as important to me. The underside is only busted and i dont really care about shit like that right now. I can put new tape on it if need be. Plus a brand new complete is like a 100 where i live so it would be hella cheaper.
>>
>>743451
Seems like a good idea too. But it got me thinking. What are the actual most important parts on a board. To me it seems obvious that the trucks have to be legit. Both the element and habitat boards should be good enough for a noob like me too. I dont think i could even tell the difference in wheels at this point. The lil bros deck seems totally fine on the topside as far as i can see.
>>
>>743419
>explain that how a skater will work at a trick for hours, constantly getting scrapes, shinners, and worse, until they finally get a sketchy land or two, and the next day goes the exact same way, and so does the next, for weeks on end until they can land the trick decently about half the time, then they keep doing it over and over until they can land the trick consistently, and that they repeat this process for thousands of tricks, acquiring dented shins, busted knees and ankle, scars all over, and constant body aches in the process

I simplyrealised I shouldn't be such a chicken and focus on making a trick today. I 've been thinking about it since day one, really. Now if I had a better pair of shoes to protect my feet and a more responsisve board I would dive into flip tricks with more self-confidense this time of my life.
>>
>>743277
5boro vhs's are amazing, i really want one but they're kind of expensive where i live
>>
>>743439
>$60
i wouldnt pay more than 20 for that beat up piece of trash. especially if i need to replace the bearings
just buy a budget shop complete if you're poor- that thing is trashed
>>
>>743510
The cheapest complete is a 100 usd element one so yeah.
>>
how much does it suck when a non-skater tells you you have improved?
>>
my first time here, gonna go ahead and guess everybody here hates longboarding?
>>
>>743535
>guess

you know it
>>
>>743539
welp, back to the ski and snowboard generals I go
>>
File: evilsmile.png (289 KB, 543x408) Image search: [Google]
evilsmile.png
289 KB, 543x408
>>743542
and I 'm coming with you
>>
>>743543
you the asshat that just called snowboarding the cancer of the mountain?
>>
My wheels make too much noise so I took out the spacers but nothing changed. Now my last hope is to buy softer wheels. How do I do this? Will any wheels work? Do i have to account for the size of my axle or is there a standard diameter? How do I get gud wheels?

FWIW this is my board http://www.routeone.co.uk/fracture-lil-monsters-complete-7-5.html
>>
>>743559
noise is normal, don't be afraid.
>>
>>743530
Nigga, buy the parts, it'll cost you less because you'll actually look for a cheap but good setup
>>
>>743268
If you quit because you had trouble sliding on a longboard you'll quit long before you begin to cover the basics of a skateboard
>>
>>743563
i almost exclusively ride street/rough surfaces though so it's super noisy, it vibrates a lot etc. what hardness should i look for if i also want to ollie/fliptricks?
>>
>>743579
mental
>>
>>743542
>>743535

Why not pick up skateboarding dickhole? I snowboard but never even considered longboarding. I figure hitting rails, jumping gaps, and learning new tricks on a skateboard would help me snowboard more than turning and bombing hills on a longboard ever would because I already know how to ride on a snowboard.
>>
>>743581
thanks, but at what hardness do you recommend? also is there any way to know what hardness do my current wheels have? ( http://www.routeone.co.uk/fracture-lil-monsters-complete-7-5.html)
>>
>>743584
nvm, i found out they're 100a. should i get 95a? is 90a too little if i still wanna do tech?
>>
>tfw thps5 turned out to be a pile of shit
>>
how hard is it to do basic tricks with 80a 56mm wheels?
>>
>>743636
nigga i skate 78a wheels

i might go a touch smaller if possible but i def rode 56mm at one point and i dont have any trouble with flip tricks, only nose/tail slides
>>
Whoever mentioned 4chan on the ninja stream is a fucking fag.
>>
>>743634
Feels bad man
But we still have THUG2 with the Pro mod
>>
what's the cheapest way to take care / clean/ lube your bearings? people online keep recommending buying a lot of stuff.. also, how often should i take care of the bearings?
>>
>>743653
I wish it was THUG 1 with the pro mod.
>>
>>743651
blackninja seems like a fag tbh
>>
>>743656
It has all Thug1 levels man
>>
>>743657
>>>/scootgen/
>>
>>743659
What I mean is that THUG 1 feels more like THPS 4, THUG 2 feels more like THAW. And everyone knows 4 is the best.
>>
>>743651
wasn't me. i don't even know what ninja stream is.
>>
>>743559
>my wheels are too loud
Try putting in a tampon when you skate, it'll muffle the natural acoustics of your giant vagina.
>>
>>743668
yeah sure bud you dont know the roads this shitty town has
>>
>>743669
I swear fucking pussies in this generation. Wheels are wheels, stop being a fucking bitch.
>>
>>743670
ok mate
>>
>not using bones atf wheels
Explain yourselves
>>
>>743675
I'm not autistic. All wheel brands are almost the same.
>>
File: JK 9.5.png (3 MB, 1532x1024) Image search: [Google]
JK 9.5.png
3 MB, 1532x1024
>>743206
thoughts on this board? i kind of want to make a cool cruiser set up and my local shop has this board

its 9.5 shaped, thoughts?

i love JK boards and I like anime graphics but hook ups may be a little too much for me
>>
>>743681
>cruiser

Don't forget to buy a dildo to go with that, fag.
>>
>>743686
i already have one retard
>>
>>743206
what's the point of the graphic on the side that is always covered by griptape
>>
>>743688
Clearly you need two for your gaping mangina.
>>
>>743420
>giving away a setup better than my main one
>>
>>743689
See
>>742985
>>
>>743681
>getting this board and making it a cruiser

just don't.

hanging it from your wall is already shit, but accepted.
>>
>>743578
true,
it was a bit more than just that
>trying to slide
>during my attempt my board slides out from under me into a ditch with water in it
>get stressed because you're not supposed to get your board wet and junk so i didn't know if i messed it up or not
>go home and clean it

it wasn't like "this sux im quitting this shiet" it was more like i didnt intend not to continue it just happened that way. whenever i thought of it i didnt feel like it at the time but i thought i would for sure go out later in the week and then it found its way towards the back of my mind. so i never officially quit but essentially did. idk man that was more than a year ago and i'm trying to better than that now
>>
tfw skating with the tail forward this whole time
>>
>>743714
Nigga you dumb
>>
File: mfw_poser.png (102 KB, 498x599) Image search: [Google]
mfw_poser.png
102 KB, 498x599
>tfw poser
>>
>>743715
wew lad
>>
File: Image1.jpg (33 KB, 327x240) Image search: [Google]
Image1.jpg
33 KB, 327x240
I'm filming a thing for a small clothing company and actually getting paid for it. I'll show you some shit after the second day of filming. Aside from security, today was lit.

>this wasn't posed, he was looking out for security for this high bust spot.
>>
I feel like getting back into skating. I stopped at 17 when I just started getting kickflips down. Now I'm 22 and this weather is making me wanna get back out there. My boards have been in the garage for the past 5 years, going through intense cold and heat and probably warped the fuck out...if I can find them. Might need to invest in some new gear.

Seriously though, is 22 getting on a bit when it comes to skating or what?
>>
File: backyard.jpg (178 KB, 640x913) Image search: [Google]
backyard.jpg
178 KB, 640x913
anyone here ever play this?
>>
Yo is it weird I can only pop ollies with my toes? Someone a long time ago suggested that I put my toes further inside the tail and that's how I've been working on them for most of the year, but today for some reason I tried with my foot all the way back and I actually landed them way more consistently. Is that some kook shit that's gonna mess up my toes?
>>
>>743744
Read op
>>
let's be real
Why the fuck are most skaters stoners?
I mean I had a nice sesh with 4 other friends and these dudes literally plopped right down on the edge of the skatepark and started smoking a bowl.
And then out of the 4 friends 3 of them smoked. I don't smoke. At that skatepark almost everyone smokes in the corner outside the park and then go inside to smoke.

is this just a California thing? I feel like this would discourage a lot of parents from letting their kids skate because it's a "dangerous influence and gateway into drugs" but it really isn't.
>>
>>743679
>all wheel brands are almost the same
No, brand actually does make a pretty big difference in wheels.
>>
Made a small VX1000 edit with a few friends. Tell me what you think. More are coming in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fmrIFCE4wk
>>
>tfw 90% of hookups stuff is autistic shit and the other 10% is super sick.
>>
>>743807
Nice flow, but no shit cellphone clips. but other than that, good stuff.
>>
>>743743
fucking stoked my man

>>743714
this is why the boards are symmetrical nowadays

and where are your meme arrows?
>>
File: orly.gif (489 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
orly.gif
489 KB, 500x359
>>743771
>>
>>743280
underrated post
>>
I know the OP says you're never too old to skate, but has anyone here actually started skating after the age of 30?
>>
>>743853
You know what? That's a great question to ask when you 're on your deathbed.
>>
>>743857
I don't get it.
>>
>>743866
that's why you asked >>743853
in the first place.
>>
>>743771
You can land lazer flips easier when you're medicated.
>>
>>742680

>new tricks

No, still can't kickflip

>bomb any good hills

Kind of. I just moved and this new city is pretty hilly, but unfortunately there's quite a bit of traffic. I can usually send it like 3/4 of the way before I have to stop. I should probably learn powerslides

>eat shit

Always
>>
how do i learn to do these. dude shreds with a ghetto board

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCCsj92ORe8
>>
my calf has a bump on the muscle side. Am I dying?
>>
>>743947
Thats the SkateDie disease
>>
>>743963
HAAAAAAALP
>>
how do I teach my dog to skateboard
>>
>>743980
>get him a pair of sunglasses
>put him on the board
>roll him down the ramp
>>
>go skate
>get sweaty
>let myself in that film of sweat
>always get mad horny out of my stickiness
>>
>>743987
>tfw no qt skate bf to have sweaty sex with after a session of skating
>>
why do skaters not have sexy bodies? surely all this core exercise and calories burning should put them at a low bf somewhere between skinny and ottermode?
>>
>>743992
it certainly has put me. The majority do look ripped.
>>
>>743990
this feel has intensified recently
>>
>>743992
most do, i don't know what videos you have been watching
>>
>>743990
god you're in every fucking thread.
>>
>>744026
fuck outta here prune

>tfw I 'll never bang twinkbro from /esg/

jdimsa
>>
The faggotry in these threads is starting to make me feel proud of Jay Adams for helping smash some fag over the head with a brick and killing him
>>
>>744033
>homophobia
>almost 2016
is this still a thing
>>
>tfw no qt trap gf to rub arnica on her bruises
>tfw no trap gf to take after sesh baths with

Why even live
>>
>>744035
only from edgy bros
>>
>>744035
>hating the annoying the in your face comments about homosexuality
>phobia
no dude, thats not what a phobia is
>>
File: 1443531766537.png (2 MB, 1071x712) Image search: [Google]
1443531766537.png
2 MB, 1071x712
>>744068
that feel man

that feel
>>
>>743853
Lil wayne started at around 28 and can now do bs smiths on tranny, fs 180s down stairs, and bs boardslides on a small kinked rail
>>
>>744090
yeah he also skates and is coached by pros
big difference from someone skating after work or on weekends
>>
>>744092
You don't need a pro coaching you to learn bs smiths on tranny and fs 180s down a 5. The locals at the park will do just as good a job
>>
>>744095
yeah, you're right
>>
>>744035
>hurrr tfw no boi pussy after a skate sesh to drain my balls
>you doing like this? Homophobic! It's 2015!
Kill yourself. Even a straight person acting like that deserves to have their teeth kicked in.
>>
>>743771
Because weed is the fucking bomb homie.
Do you even know how many street league competitors get heavily medicated a day or two before competing?

Also parents should be aware of the setting your child is skating at, what kind of people hang out there, ect.

People smoke everyday day, all day at my skatepark. Right in the middle by the 6 set.
Kids are always running around, nobody seems to care. The cops just lurk but never do anything
>>
Fuck. I leave this thread for about 4 months.

I come back only to find the same faggotry that made me leave in the first place.

This endless shitposting is insufferable; I think the only way to handle this is to have a /esg/ representative mod on this board
>>
test
>>
>>744150
I'm not saying I have a problem with it. I'm just saying why is it so popular among skaters and deadbeats? Are skaters and deadbeats synonymous?

Also that's kind of a dick move to be smoking in the middle of the park... At least the guys at my park smoke in the dirt corner outside of the park, go inside and skate for a bit and then sit on the edge and smoke.

In other news they're building a skate plaza near me. Sweet.
>>
Any Portuguese/Lisbon based skaters here?
>>
>>744028

Fuck off nobody wants to hear your shit, you give gays a bad name.
>>
>>744098
yeah, you are homophobic allright
>>
>>743992
umm nigga have you seen justin bieber?
>>
>>744158
le skater culture
>>
File: bait.jpg (16 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
16 KB, 540x540
>>744193
>>
>>743990
>being homosexual
>>
>>743992
they eat like shit for the most part
>>
>>744158
i think it just has to do with the crowd that is interested in skating

ex. a person interested in skating is more likely to smoke weed or be around people that do than a basketball player or some shit

does that make sense? that's my guess
>>
>>744151
poor baby
>>
Any opinions on Zero brand wheels?
>>
I've never been so prepared to die...

>>744292
I'm sure that they're fine, but there really isn't any reason to stray from the bones/spitfire crowd.
>>
>>744316
this rule applies to a lot of skateboarding products but, if you're not buying from a company that ONLY makes one product (wheels, trucks, decks) most likely the product is just a mass-market product with their branding. Not saying it won't be a solid product, but most people stick to bones/spitfire. i've had good luck with ricta, too.
>>
File: pps666.jpg (124 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pps666.jpg
124 KB, 500x500
What's the edgiest board you've owned, /esg/? Do you bring it out in public, to school, etc?

>pic related
>>
>>744365
Most of my Creature decks are edge tier.
>>
what are some good comfy, ideally slim-ish fitting pants for skating?

I wear tight pants normally that aren't good for skating, was just thinking of getting dad pants from value village
>>
>>744389
I like the relaxed fit jeans
or basketball shorts if it's warm enough
>>
>>744390

Yeah I just wear gym shorts usually but it's getting cold fast
>>
>>744389
Levi's skinny fit jeans that are 1-2 numbers bigger in your size and make sure they're actually pulled up and not sagging.
>>
Are the stan smith vulc dece? can get a pair for $32, alternatively I could get busenitz pro for $37
>>
i feel like im the only one who simply can't skate street with 100a wheels. i don't know if it's because my wheels are bad, i'm bad, or my roads are bad; but everyone seems to think it's normal to ride with hard wheels outide of skateparks
>>
>>744365
are you an oldfig? The edgiest board I ever had was a North Park
>>
Do u feel cool holding your board in public?
>>
Do you do anything when you ride past another skater?
>>
>>744592
nod my head hello.
>>
>>744592
i flip them off
>>
>>744574

No I feel awkward.
>>
>>744574
nah, i feel pretty cool riding it though

but

>tfw i will never be as cool as dylan
>>
>>744467
le bump
>>
>>744467
Both would work great for skating.
>>
>>744389
denizen/levi's skinny fit jeans

its a cotton/polyester blend so it has a ton of flex
>>
File: 1419695731958.jpg (94 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1419695731958.jpg
94 KB, 680x680
dear /esg/,

how do you feel about skating alone? i often skate all by myself because i don't have many friends in town that skate. and i don't really want to make friends that skate because the people at the local park are all a bunch of bros with boards, not really my scene. however, the dilemma I face is that when im skating alone, i get nervous about injuring myself with no one around. how do i combat this shitty mentality?

also here is me at skatepark
>>
File: IMG_20150502_191958.jpg (360 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150502_191958.jpg
360 KB, 1080x1080
>>744646

like im not great at skating but im also not awful but im nervous to go for bigger stuff when im alone
>>
>>744646
I just moved to a new country where I can't speak the language other than basic stuff, so I'm gonna have to get used to skating alone. Never even considered the getting injured aspect, thanks for making me even more anxious.
>>
>>744646
>i get nervous about injuring myself with no one around

come on bro, nobody will judge you for wanting company.

It depends on the people you 're with. Some people I 've met through skating are very inspiring and it's excellent whenever I bump into them to skate. No matter what the personality however, if someone skates there is almost zero chance they 'll make fun of you.
The stoke is real.
>>
>>744649
How about if you're an absolute beginner? Always worry about some little kids laughing at th old guy struggling to kick turn.
>>
>>744650
It bums me whenever guys my age or slightly younger come to the park and destroy, but little kids? Fuck them, who cares if they can shred better than you?
>>
File: IMG_20150424_191651.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150424_191651.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>744648
sorry bub, now you're fucked forever

>>744649
there are like 3 people in my city that i enjoy being around while skating. it sucks and maybe its my problem, but in my opinion a lot of the skaters in this area are shit heads.

pic related is my set up
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-04-19-08-34-13.png (3 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-04-19-08-34-13.png
3 MB, 1080x1920
>>
>>744652
sweeeeeeet deck. I didn't know Matt Hensley had a board in black label. Sweeeeeet.
Don't you sometimes feel "fuck it, I 'll go to the spot, what the hell can happen to me"?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-04-19-08-32-15.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-04-19-08-32-15.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>744653
>>
File: FB_IMG_1424389202904.jpg (11 KB, 458x258) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1424389202904.jpg
11 KB, 458x258
>>744654
yeah all the pictures ive posted have been me by myself. i just turn on the video recorder app and see what happens
>>
>>744646
I have to skate alone. I only have one friend that has a skateboard but when we go to the park he never skates.
>>
>>744656
Whereabout do you live? That's a nice ramp.
>>
File: 1402715025353.jpg (53 KB, 500x420) Image search: [Google]
1402715025353.jpg
53 KB, 500x420
>Tfw too constipated to skate
>>
>>744656
Are you skating in Adidas sambas? Absolute madman.
>>
>>744656
no I mean about the company. even if they are shitheads, don't you sometimes feel you can bear it as long as you 're not alone?
>>
>>744657
Columbus, OH but that park got torn down last summer, now its a soccer field.
>>
>>744660
they are the busenitz, theyre great

>>744661
no, i really can't. ive tried. i just get bummed and gotta go.
>>
>>744646
one of the main reasons i skate is to be alone. i don't ever skate park really so there is always some stranger walking around that would be willing to do a 911 call if i was severely hurt (which won't happen because i don't skate gaps that i can't ollie up anymore)
>>
>>744656
Busenitz pros; bless you good sir
>>
>>744467
Where the fuck can you get a pair of busenitz for $37
>>
>>744679
Whiskey Militia -> Private Stash -> Men's shoes

3 colorways and a good amount of sizes

You have to be a member of the site but that's free
>>
slammed my wrists hard 3 times over the past year, I'd like to think I know not to break my fall with my hands anymore. I can handle the lost skin, blood and body hits.but does the aching/ stiffness/ pain ever diminish on the joints? it's been several months, shit hurts now as I type starting to think i may have fractured them. mfw arthritis or some shit at 23.
>>
>>744695
Better than falling on your head, anon.
>Tfw concussion
>>
>>744695
I had a friend who used to skate when he was in highschool, convinced him to go skating with me. He works as a handyman, so when he took a fall and landed on his palms he told me he was in pain for a week and that he wouldn't like to go skating again because he needs his hands. Your story sounds similar.
I don't know, I rarely fall on my palms, if I do it mustn't hurt so much. It's usually my elbows and ass.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.