[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How effective are nunchucks as weapons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 393x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 393x330
How effective are nunchucks as weapons
>>
You can hit someone real hard, from slightly further away than they can punch you, so okay I guess. I'd rather have a stick the length of the two, myself, but I'd also rather have nunchucks than nothing. I imagine if shields were still a thing people used they might be nice in being more annoying to parry than a stick.
>>
there is no playing with nunchucks- you'd really have to go for the kill
>>
They CAN be effective, however, when they hit something it's way harder to recover than when just doing flourishes.

Also keep in mind it's meant for threshing wheat, and it's not actually designed as a weapon.
>>
>>729167
Not.

Get a fucking gun or knife you retarded sinoboo
>>
>>729167
Not very, the hinge makes them absorb their own energy instead of transferring it, stay with straight sticks for beating people
>>
Straight sticks are better. Nunchucks tend to bounce off their target and hit you in ricochet. The chain can be used to choke as well but, overrall not as effective as the chainless sticks.
>>
>>729167
It's a little hard to get used to them, but now I don't leave the house without them. They 're a lfie saver.
>>
>>729167
the cost to benefit ratio in terms of learning to use them compared to their effectiveness is limited.

Really it comes down to whether people will think its cool you know how to use nunchuks vs thinking you are autistic. Basically are you Asian and if not do you at least not have a poneytail?
>>
>>729276
Please post a pic of you carrying your nunchucks around.
>>
Getting decent with nunchucks is fun.
Training is just a pleasurable benefit.

Once you're decent and or good/great, pulling them out and showing off before a fight helps with intimidation, which may end the fight, or lower your attacker's will.

Besides that, have you ever been hit by them?
It hurts, and getting hit hard hurts a lot.

In summary, they're fun, can intimidate easily due to their relatively flashy nature, and they're effective given that the user isn't shit.
>>
>>729175
>from slightly further away than they can punch you
Depends on the length of the nunchucks.

>you'd really have to go for the kill
Are you quoting someone?
One does not have to go for the kill, hit someone in the arm with a good strike, and chances are that that person won't be able to use the arm, at least not very well.
Hit someone in the tibia with a good strike and it just might break.

>it's way harder to recover than when just doing flourishes.
That's not a problem when you're good with them.
>>
Nunchucku are illegal in California, proof enough they can do damage.
>>
>>729211
get some fucking skill you fucking low-level retarded sinoboo

>>729238
>some energy is absorbed, so there's no transfer at all
Nice logic there, buddy.
Why don't you have a friend hit you over the head with a pair of hard wood or metal nunchucks since they're such an ineffective weapon?
>>
>>729239
>Nunchucks tend to bounce off their target and hit you in ricochet.
If you can't use them.

>Straight sticks are better
Depends on the situation, one of the situations being one posted in >>729175
>>
>>730201
Nunchaku are illegal everywhere.
Proof that they are 3dedly

Bo-jutsu or Cane-fu is the way to go if you can fake a bum leg 24/7.
>>
>>730201
they were illegal because "they can choke someone out"

how retarded is that
>>
>>729167
they can fuck someone up if you know how to use them how is this even a question OP?
>>
>>730208
Nunchaku aren't illegal in Washington state, though you can't carry them on school property.

>if you can fake a bum leg
Nigga, all you need is a polished gold encrusted diamond studded silver cane, and a nice suit, maybe a nice pimp hat and jacket to go with it.
>>
>>730208
In the US there are only two states where they are illegal.
I can not speak to their status in the rest of the world though.
>>
>>730213
Precisely, wood or metal coming at you at a nice speed locating temple , face or jaw , or like dude said choked out with chain. Fuck shit up
>>
They're illegal because its easier to conceal than a stick of equivalent total length. That being said, the stick would be more effective. A knife is easier to conceal than either, is deadlier, and can be defended in court as simply being a tool. This is assuming you're not dumb enough to carry a 12" dagger "for opening boxes".
>>
>>729167
Sort of depends on who is using them and the situation.

They are simply a variation of a flail. Yes they work as a weapon if you know how to use it.
>>
>>730263
>They're illegal because its easier to conceal than a stick of equivalent total length.
Nope.
You can actually check out the (usually dumb) reasons for the bans as they are public record.

Besides the real reason is because ether locations (not US) more or less tried to ban everything that was scary and all or most weapons, or because retarded politicians made law making decisions based on movies rather then reality. Something which is still a problem to this day.

I have never seen it cited that it was for the reason you described.
>That being said, the stick would be more effective.
Depends on many factors but a flail can deliver more force then a stick of equal length and mass, but is harder to use. Trade offs and all that.

>A knife is easier to conceal than either,
Less range. Again trade offs. There is no one best weapon for every situation, and the most effective weapon changes depending on the situation.
>and can be defended in court as simply being a tool.
As soon as it is used as a weapon then legally it is a deadly weapon and not a tool.
>>
>>730278

Except of course, before its used. Cop finds a reason to search you, you carry a pocket knife because its a handy tool. Will probably be fine. Cop searches you, finds a flail, you're in for a fun night.
>>
>>730278
Ironically the movie was Bruce Lee choking someone with it

Might as well ban cables and ropes
>>
>>730291
>Cop searches you, finds a flail, you're in for a fun night.

I'm just on my way to HEMA practice, officer.
>>
>>730357
How dost this fine eve find thee Officer? For i myself am off to a night of gallantry and LARPing! They'd probably let you go because they wouldn't want to spend the night doing paperwork on your faggot ass.
>>
>>729238
You don't understand physics.
>>
>>730199
As long as you don't have midget arms, any length nunchuck should give you more distance than your opponent's jab.
>>
At least with a good pair of nunchuku I can find out where Richie is? Also find out who did Bobby Lupo
>>
>>730202
I don't mean they don't transfer some energy, just much less than a similarly weight object that is solid moving at the same speed would

I think they tested them on fight science and the results were very unimpressive
>>
>>730706
It was an exaggeration.
You said that they weren't very effective, which is just very wrong.
They may be less effective than a solid object, but even then, that does not mean that they have little effectiveness.

The difference of effectiveness between a pair of nunchucks and a stick of the same length hitting the skull of an opponent isn't very notable in a 'real world' application.
>>
>>730712
Try to find the sport science or fight science clip on youtube, I'm on my phone so it's pretty hard to do

If I remember correctly the force they generated was very small, I would say they aren't very effective, but that brings up the question of what effectiveness is
>>
>>730261
>illegal in NY
>it is legal to carry a bow and arrow in NY
>bows nor arrows are considered weapons individually therefore you have only broken the law if you fire the arrow somewhere you arent supposed to
>>
Even Bruce Lee said nunchucks are performance art and at best a distraction to an opponent.
>>
>>731114
>Bruce Lee
You mean the guy who's never actually used nunckucks in any real>>729175
>>729175
combat?
>>
>>731114
>Bruce Lee
You man the guy who hasn't ever used nunchucks in combat?
>>
Take a strike from hardwood or metal chucks anywhere to the face/head and they're going to rock your shit. Get hit in collar bone, fore-arms or hands and bones are likely to be broken. Take a hit to the knees and you're going down. They're a flailing weapon that increases your distance substantially, increases leverage of force to target. However they come with the stigma of being that weird guy with the chucks who thinks he's a god damn ninja turtle.
>>
>>730186
Actually they're decent to carry around because of the fact that they can fit in any corner of a backpack, or a sidebag.
>>
>>731114
>Even Bruce Lee
lol
>>
nunchucks are fun because they help with coordination and body control.

Use them for that reason and you'll be fine

the point of martial art is to become a better version of yourself, not to go around fucking people over.
>>
>>732268
>the point of martial art is to become a better version of yourself, not to go around fucking people over.
The point may vary from person to person, but I think the original point of martial arts was to fuck people's shit up, nigga.
>>
>>729167
They're not. Moreover they can hit you bouncing back. Both you and your opponent will experience sharp pain, but the effect won't be much more than annoyance. If you use metal nunchucks, yes, they will be more dangerous but they will be more dangerous to you too. As for the choke, you won't be able to use them effectively, you will probably only be able to apply air choke to trachea but not blood choke to carotids because of the length of the chain, and that choke takes much more effort.
>>
>>732333
>I don't know how to use them and I've never gotten hit by them so they suck
>>
>>732334

Whereas you're a veteran of numerous chuck battles, right?
>>
>>732268
>the point
get out and go back to your karate class or ninjitsu
>>
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Deputies-2-relatives-hurt-in-nunchucks-assault-in-Oregon-328423691.html
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhpjv_2MApg
>>
Brass knuckles are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better fam.
>>
>>736176
Brass knuckles are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more illegal fam
>>
http://myfox8.com/2013/03/10/police-burglar-beaten-with-nunchucks-in-burlington/
>>
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01/31/video-victim-beaten-with-nunchucks-after-resisting-attempted-robbery/
>>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2005469/Man-beaten-ninja-style-attackers-way-meeting-ex-girlfriend.html
>>
I would think nunchaku are effective, but they take skill to use.
>>
>>730199
Jesus. Why are martial arts fags so dense and spergy? Bladed weapons are strictly superior to blunt weapons. The only reason things like nunchakus exist is because they were invented by people who were either too poor or too oppressed to get real weapons.

Even one of the King Sperglord, Jamie Hyneman, can use a knife to take down a guy with a gun given a short enough distance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGzeyO3pGzw

But, you enjoy your rice flail, friendo.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.