[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paintball General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75
File: 8134970671_217014fdd7_b.jpg (430 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
8134970671_217014fdd7_b.jpg
430 KB, 1024x683
Paintball General

Rule 1: There are no rules.
Rule 2: What was i talking about again?
Rule 3: Who took my bong?
>>
>>718427
So OP do you elector or pump?
>>
Man this board is slow. What brand and marker are you guys using?
>>
>>718903
I'm OP, electric.

>>719299
I have an Etha but I'm moving up to an LV1 in a week
>>
can the next thread please not start with this cringe worthy post
>>
>>719304
I just copied and pasted the last one somebody made
>>
>>719304
Agreed.
>>719302
Got the Drone 2 two weeks ago, still gotta test it out soon.
>>
>>719302
Had an etha great marker, moved to an ETEK 5, worth everything, as good as an LV1 at a cheaper price, but thats my opinion.
>>
>>719313
Yeah I was thinking about getting a cheaper ETEK but I used an LV1 for a day and it feels a lot nicer for my playing style.

I play mostly speedball but I'm gonna be doing quite a bit of woodsball soon so the LV1 air efficiency is a big deal.
>>
>>719314
Fair enough, well the nice thing the PE is doing is the tactical kit for the LV1 and Etek 5. I use my Etek 5 for speed ball more so than woodsball.
>>
>>719320
I didn't even realize they were doing that! Any idea when it's out?
I nearly bought the EMC kit for the Etha but it looks bad modded to fit an LV1.

Also, where do you play?
>>
>>719325
I play in the UK around Nottingham loosely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJL-MYIBnug

Heres the footage by the way. EMC kits weren't too my liking. But it is still cool, my friends who play love it.
>>
>>719328
Cheers, I live in the arse end of nowhere (Cumbria) so I'm not spoiled for choice in paintball places but we've got a small speedball tournament going.
>>
>>719334
Thats closer than i thought, thought you would be in America or some what. Anyway i usually play down in retford, but i mainly focus on training for the student cup. When i say Nottingham by the way its much more closer lincoln.
>>
How would Olympic Paintball work?

Speedball with inflatables on a small field?

urban environment simulation where you play as attacker and defender?
>>
>>719445
Olympic paintball would probably be played on a speedball field
>>
>>719311
Nice, I have a 2013 Drone DX I like it a lot it was definitely the best bang for your buck when I got it. Rocking it with a ninja 68 and virtue spire.
>>
>>719550
Yeah, speedball is pretty much the face of competitive and politically correct paintball. I'd actually be astonished if "urban tactical" fields were ever accepted by the Olympics, or a similar organization.
>>
>>719606
I don't imagine paintball will ever be in the Olympics.
>>
>>719643
double triple this.
ever.

You don't see golf in olympics, dont ever hope it'll be in olympics. PB isnt cheap for starters compare to other sports.
Plus with the dick size comparison of marker just made the whole thing worse.

If stock class remained shining as example, yeah it might be a good chance to be in any mainstream media. But new fags and some old fags who build the sport just wanna ruin it with 20 to 12bps shit that scares the general public away.

You think dye care ? bob ? kee ? G.I ? or even those mid sized pb company cares ? they just care about short term money making sales. Its the asian way all the time, now you american's started to follow suit and forgotten your roots as well.

I'm native south east asian, the way i see it you guys will never shine here because the way you guys market yourself. Keeps getting beaten the fuck up by airsoft because muh emarker speedball master race.
You need a good balance of milsim/speedball and milsim being the posterboy while speedball being the pro stuff.

When everyone goes pro, the whole scene just runs by pro, might fucking just open a premium club member only games registration on all pb fields or businesses.

Make it cheap, make semi / pump widespread again, make milsim posterboy, make big companies see important things globally not just fucking USA or Europe.
>>
>>719918
Golf is in the 2016 summer olympics.
>>
>>719918
Are you high? Non of those are reasons it won't be in the Olympics and pb does have a good mixture of milsim/speedball/pump.

If it made it into the Olympics it would be speedball cause it'd be very cheap to set up compared to building forts, bunkers and shit just for one sport.
Plus no one would be scared of firing rates cause the pros are used to it and make it look like getting hit is not a big deal.
>>
Pump master race reporting in,

CCI Phantom VSC
>>
>>719936
>my local fields hate me cause they don't make any money off me cause I'm a stingy fuck
>>
I think I went paintballing once when I was sober, and I think that it was a good idea, at least when compared to going intoxicated.
I was rusty, so I sticked to standing cover mostly when it was an option.
>>
>>719918

When, i used to be a milsim/ woods baller then speedball came along. I'm agree with some people that those aren't the main reasons, more so people wont find as much fun watching it. it sounds silly, but paintball isnt the best spectator sport.
>>
>>719558
I'm using one of these smaller Zen 0,9 litre bottles, and a dye rotor. Feels nice, but gotta test it in the field next sunday.
>>
File: image.jpg (169 KB, 1024x685) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169 KB, 1024x685
>>719936
Phantom plebeian
Get a t2 faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
Fuck
>>
>>720222

???
>>
>>719923
This.

Plus, I'd say that milsim/woodsball is bigger than it's been in a long time with the popularity of mag fed markers and the resurgence of pump players.
>>
>>720247

speedball feels so early 2000. i'm back to loving woodsball. i still play with an electro, axe to be specific but me and my crew enjoy the asymmetry and slower pace of play in the woods.
>>
>>719923
Having high bps vs pump on a speedball field, which is best to watch ? Paintball lost its uniqueness when the old guys who made them retired. Call me an old fart if you want, but i'm just 27.

My point being high bps e-triggers killed the game, let alone 10bps.
As a spectator, i'd rather watch pump players playing in a speedball field than 12bps players playing on a speedball field. Larger field, clearer view via transparent thick glass instead of netting.

Aside from that, the other main reason why paintball isn't about fun anymore instead it has been a dick sizing game since the jersey shore took over the game mid 2005. You can have your high bps game mode in the specifically designed glass dome but the paints would fuck it up for spectators.

Am i high ? oh i am high on ideas on how the sports would inprove, but the root of cause is where it started and i cant fix it cuz im not there.

Then you have a simillar shooting sport competitor taking all the fun from other continents.

inb4 people says they can shoot 20bps pump. Serious i dont care, as long its not "Electronic" or "Pnuematic" assisted automatic trigger then it will keep things interesting.
>>
>>719956
Try shooting 3 boxes a day with pump.
I bet you can even hold your cheap booze end of the day.

Field owners got so used to making profit from selling paints instead of doing what is right for profit which is keeping the sport expanding.
>>
>>720288
can't hold*

damn phone
>>
>>720288
did they make you buy three cases every time?
>>
File: Glock-Simunition_b[1].jpg (155 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Glock-Simunition_b[1].jpg
155 KB, 1600x1200
Ever thought about moving up to simunition?
>>
>>720442
Talked with a couple of ex military dudes about this apparently it's quite painful but a pretty fun
>>
>>720442

not really. paintball isn't about recreating warfare.
>>
>>720411
if i don't i don't get refs and priority for fields.
>>
File: 1393318433391.jpg (72 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1393318433391.jpg
72 KB, 640x480
>>720886
>not really. paintball isn't about recreating warfare.
>running around in helmets with guns in a team to shoot other teams
>doing all this in an area with multiple levels, and multiple objects which provide cover
>not recreating warfare
I think what you mean is that paintball IS about recreating warfare but in a non fatal and horrible way
>>
>>721008

i disagree.

we fought hard in the early years of paintball to earn the publics trust. they were convinced we were just gun nuts and that their kids needed to stay far away less the become psychotic mass killers. What horrifies and appauls me is that what we had to fight against back then is now threatening to take over the sport. now we see a push to militarize the game and make it a combat simulation. THIS IS NOT WHAT THE SPORTS FOUNDERS HAD INTENDED. DON'T LET THIS GAME TURN INTO COD!
>>
>>721016
>>721008

Lets no forget the orgins of paintball. As the myth goes two people were messing around with markers meant for marking trees at distances.
>>
>>720939
why the fuck do you even go to that field then
>>
>>720442
Would be very nice to see PB adopt simunution. But I doubt it will ever happen unfortunately.
>>
>>721016
Militarizing paintball would be amazing. Imagine scenario games where you can use an actual AK with simunition rounds or playing speedball with MP5s.
>>
>>721160
>>721162
This could just be it's own thing... Which it is...
It's not even paintball though.
Why would paintball adopt this if it isn't even paintballs.
>>
>>721291
It has already adopted milsim and first strike rounds. Why not take it a step further?
>>
>>721315
Because its fucking autistic. fuck getting shot with paint travelling at 1000 fps.
>>
>>721889
you get covered in nasty bruises, but it is so much more fun.

even when you are just some private in the army and being used as terrorists for a local police department training event. getting shot up with dozens of simunition paint rounds all day.
>>
>>721071
what happens when all field in my area practices such culture ? which is why basically they fucked themselfs in the ass. I'm out of the game these days, i hang around for nostalgia's sake. I'm into cycling now.
>>
>>723009
Just buy an electro and ramp

>>722881
I guess this dose make sense but it's not something I'd do very often
>>
>>721315
>>721291
>>722881
>>721889

Paintball as it is now is best, like a game/sport. But simunition is just too much, it'd be like playing GTA where you had to refuel the cars, cops came after you for speeding. It would just be a pain just to be this realistic. It would hurt like fuck and A LOT of fights would happen from over shooting. Enjoy your broken fingers and splitting headaches. It'd be its own thing like airsoft anyway.
>>
File: best marker.jpg (35 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
best marker.jpg
35 KB, 640x359
>>723029
2nd this.

I see woodsball as the casual side of paintball and any speedball stuff as the competitive. Not saying that woodsball isnt competitive, but its just a lot more chill imo.
>>
>>723031
Senario is pretty casual
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 380x380
Just ordered this little guy, should be here tomorrow. Anyone have tips for operating with a pistol in non-speedball scenarios?
>>
>>723071
Don't run around like a dumbass in the open. Plan your route through the most solid cover, and get as close as you can before shooting. Basic shit like that
>>
>>721889
I second this. Fuck anything faster than 500, and even that sucks dick
>>
>>723076

Sounds logical.

I'm actually surprised pistols aren't more common in woodsball, I have a group of about 20 guys I go paintballing with and only 4 or 5 of them carry pistols
>>
>>723080
It requires a little bit of creative strategy, what with the shorter range, but i really enjoy the pistol play. Its more interesting than ramping the shit out of the mouth-breathers at my field
>>
>>723080
Also, the TPX is a good option for a pistol if you ever feel the need to get a new one
>>
>>723083

I've looked at the TPX, that's a sexy ass gun but sadly it's out of my price range at the moment. One of the refs at my local arena has one and he let me do some target shooting with it, seems like it performs well.
>>
>>723085
pretty sure you can change out the barrel on it as well. My friend has one modded to use an hpa tank instead of the 12 gram pos c02 cartriges. He's also got the big-ass clipizines
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 936x604) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 936x604
>>723086

>Google "TPX pistol mods"
>pic related shows up

Why
>>
>>723082
>ramping the shit out of mouthbreathers
/r/ paintball detected
>>
>>723088
theyre wearing multicam anon
dont bother theyre special
they paid $400 for their trademarked copyright camo pattern
>>
>>723086
The TipX is probably one of the most customizable guns in paintball
>>
>>723088
Because, muh tacticool
>>
>>723097
Multicam IS pretty good though
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 1024x768
>>723088
How about this one?
>>
>>723109

Would be kind of neat with just the barrel extension
>>
>>723115
I think it would be awkward af to use in cqb games
>>
>>723118

Oh for sure, but in just a normal woods situation it might be kind of handy
>>
>>723088

I hate how vertical foregrips look on rifles and carbines, but I recognize that's just my personal aesthetic preference. How anyone could defend slapping one on a pistol, though, is just beyond me.

>let me just holster my...oh whoops, can't
>>
File: BE_Stingray_Shenanigans.jpg (387 KB, 1825x1158) Image search: [Google]
BE_Stingray_Shenanigans.jpg
387 KB, 1825x1158
Ass Eagle Troll reporting in!
>>
>>723495
one of those players are you?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (269 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
269 KB, 1920x1080
>>723097
>>723108

i wear valken's v-cam gear in the woods. great multicam ripoff. they were hit with a cease and desist letter so they no longer sell it. most of amazons and ebay stock have sold out too.

you just melt away in this stuff. very hard to spot someone wearing it in half decent cover when you're hitting the deck to avoid paint.
>>
>>720031
I'd love a t2, is it worth the $600 thought?

Thinking about getting a KP3, anyone played with one yet?
>>
>>723993
Hell, I'd buy a t2 if i had $600
>>
>>723071
I've been playing pistol only for a couple years now. A couple more tips.
1. You're at a disadvantage, no matter what. That's not saying pistol doesn't have its advantages, but they just don't stack up to a more conventional setup.
2. You will have the lowest profile of anyone else on the field, that's a huge thing. You'll be able to more safely shoot from all kinds of cover that others wouldn't, and when you lean out of cover, you can expose less of yourself.
3. When playing pistol, there is no middle ground, you're either playing extremely defensive, or extremely offensive.
4. This is for if you plan on playing with a pistol as your main. If you're gonna play with everyone else, you should really look into carrying two with you if you can. Especially if you're a more offensive player. One of the strengths of a pistol over, say, a stock class pump, is you can comfortably carry more than one, usually. Nothing sucks worse than running out of paint in your mag, co2 in your cart, or both when you're getting absolutely dumped on. It's really nice to be able to quickly switch to something that's gonna work. It also throws people for a loop that know you're running pistol only and have been counting your shots.
>>
>>720011
Shiit you guys, that Drone 2 feels awesome. Picked off 3 guys first game with one hopper, and they were on the other side of the field.
>>
>>723993
I got one I'll post a pic later
It's worth the 200$ you pay for it
>>
>>723495
Do you ever get any comments or weird looks when you play with those?
>>
>>724159
All the time. Most of the time people ask if it's a new proto type! Occasionally someone realizes that it's old and ask some techy questions. Everyone gets a little wary when I first fire because it's so loud. Once they realize it's not firing super hard they carry on as usual.

When I mention the brand "brass eagle" almost no one recognizes the name.

There are occasionally older players that lose their shit in a good way when they see it though. The field owner is always like "that gun is the reason why we have 200+ people games."
>>
>>724174

>200+ people games

P-please Anon, my dick can only get so erect
>>
>>724174

lol brass eagle is what we all played with in the fields as kids. good times. terrible markers.
>>
>>724377

Well, in my experience the Stingrays were always reliable and easy to fix. Accuracy, gas efficiency, and ball chopping is where they seem to suffer.

Even with some barrel adapters and decent barrels it seems like every other ball just goes off in a random direction after 20 feet. For this particular reason I am eyeballin' the GoG enmey with a Deadlywind barrel.
>>
>>723495

>brass eagle

Hi grandpa
>>
>>723495
>>
>>724377
They were awful pieces of shit, but they were OUR awful pieces of shit dammit and we loved them
>>
File: image.jpg (204 KB, 977x415) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204 KB, 977x415
>>724488

An elegant weapon, from a more civilized age.
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 1023x682) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 1023x682
>>724523

Hokey nostalgia and ancient markers are no match for a good RAP4 at your side, kid.
>>
>>724550
Dafuq is that monstrosity
>>
>>724377
>Brass Eagle Rainmaker
>terrible

Next you'll tell me the Spyder EM1 was a piece of shit
>>
>>724550
>ancient markers no match for RAP4
shill plz go
>>
>>724583

>not getting the joke
>>
>>724550
As much as i like mag fed markers like the mkp with minimal craps optics on it or the dye damn...
You sir, shit is next level nonsense with that barrel length.
Thats like what.....19inches with mock suppressor ?
>>
>>724777

I'm not sure, I just snagged an image from Google
>>
>>724777
Call me nuts, but isn't any barrel over 5 or 6 inches just for sound dampening?
>>
>>719302
An egg, holy shit. Why are your rocking that when there are so many good loaders on the market for acceptable prices?

>>719304
Yep.

>>721008
Yawn.
>>
>>724865
I play reball and everything else hates them, the egg never fucks up.

I also really love spending money on tape to keep the battery section closed.

Oh, and it was £15
>>
>>724836
>over 6 inches
>dampening

No man, thats not how paintball works, porting makes the sound signature softer but not the length.

Shooting from a unported 6 inch vs an unported 20 inch will create the same pop if recorded or heard from barrel end, only differences is the shooter will notice the difference because its futher away.

Plus supressors/silencers wont work on pb , it wont work that way other than being cool.

Now if you want a quiet barrel , have at least 6 to 8 inch control bore back with a good ported front length from 6 to 12 inch front with a larger bore (0.692 to 0.700).

Not calling you nut but u still have alot to learn about the sweet sciences behind it.
I suck at playing but i dare say at least im pretty clear of the science and concepts on how they work.
>>
>>719936
i have a phantom too. its modified sc, i have a palmers stabilizer and run a 68/45 on it.

just got a sniper too, boy they feel a lot different. i enjoy them both though. open class is more my style.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2367x2367) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2367x2367
Well it came today lads. How'd I do?
>>
>>725317

Fuck homie, that's sexy.

Hope you bought some extra mags tho
>>
File: 1405728710431.jpg (54 KB, 293x399) Image search: [Google]
1405728710431.jpg
54 KB, 293x399
>>725317
>>
>>725317

Two extra mags. And a shitty nylon leg holster that came with the pistol
>>
>>725498

Shit, meant to reply to

>>725373
>>
Should I get an LV1 or and EGO 3.5?

I play mostly speedball but I do some woodsball stuff too, anyone have a recommendation?
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 600x400
>tfw your arena will never be this cool

Kill me
>>
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 640x640
what about tournanents? just played the brazilian
>>
>>725563
geo for sure
>>
Does /asp/ wear camo when paintballing?
>>
>>725861
woods yes, speed doesn't really matter what.
>>
>>725791
I was kinda hoping for reasons or a summary
>>
>>725884

>Ego 3.5
>Geo 3.5

kek, bro of corsh its the geo , if you can affort the geo you wouldnt be asking which one to get. LV1 is like a smaller brother to geo 3.5.
>>
>>725861
>Dose asp wear camo when paintballing?
No but I tend to leave the neon green jersey in the gear bag and wear black instead.
>>
>>725861
I occasionally use some camo cargo pants but otherwise; no
>>
>>725718
>delta force
>delta buy these worthless tickets goy force
>delta we are totally not scammers force
>>
>ftw used to paintball as a kid and want to get back into it but I cant afford it

End it.
>>
>>726127

>can't afford it

Get a pump gun and a $15 Walmart mask m8

It's only as expensive as you make it
>>
>>726147
Its not about having the best gear, its about dicking around the best with the shittiest gear
>>
>>726350
WRONG
everyone knows its all about
>dye jersey
>dye pants
>dye mask
>dye headwrap
>dye marker

otherwise you just arent pro
>>
>>726366

What if I don't want to be pro? Most competitive paintballers I know are world-class douchenozzles. I just want to fart around in the woods with my friends.
>>
>>726417

The Joke

You
>>
File: sandana.jpg (36 KB, 737x145) Image search: [Google]
sandana.jpg
36 KB, 737x145
>>725861

Only on my head
>>
File: image.jpg (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 B, 486x500
What's /asp/ thoughts on the etek5? Pros and cons? I'm thinking of purchasing one
>>
>>726417
fuck those haters man
>>
>>727248
>PE

Overpriced shit, but it werks.
>>
>>727248
thanks doc
>>
>>727248

>Pros
It shoots paintballs.

>Cons
It's made by the Brits, our inevitable enemies in World War 3.
>>
>>718427
new to this shit
how do I get gas for my gun without having to pay $20 for a refill at the local place?
air or co2?
should I get a tank or a compressor that does the job for me (or a co2 cooler?)
>>
>>727320
your field makes you pay for refills? go somewhere else or just use a bike pump
>>
>>727248
I had the chance to shoot one recently. It very much feels like if an LV1 and an Etek had a kid. Except it feels more lv1ish. The price is good for what you get
>>
>>727320

>CO2
+ The cost of a CO2 tank is less than a HPA (high pressure air AKA compressed air) tank
- C02 can only be used in mechanical guns. You can get away with it on certain low-end electronic guns if you have an anti-siphon tank. If the gun has a solenoid that directs air, don't use CO2 at all
- Most fields will charge you a fee every time you need them to fill your tank.
- No gauge to tell you how much is left in the tank

>HPA
+ Has a gauge
+ Can be used in virtually any paintball gun. The exceptions to this are few and far between, and many of the paintball guns that will only function on CO2 were made at least 15 years ago. And before anyone asks, no, I'm not referring to guns that use 12 gram cartridges.
+ When you pay admission to play at a paintball field, the admission fee generally includes the cost of all day air. Meaning you can fill your HPA tank as many times as you want without paying an additional fee each time
- The standard HPA tank that most people start out with (48 cubic/3000 psi) will run about 40-50 dollars. This is roughly twice as much as a 20 oz C02 tank

As far as the compressor goes, unless you're willing to shell out several thousand dollars, you're not going to get a compressor that will fill to 3000 psi. The average household compressor runs at about 200-300 psi.
>>
>>727472
>48 cubic

*48 cubic inch

>>726366

On a somewhat related note, I miss the days when getting sponsored was easy as Hell as long as your team was halfway decent. And they were real sponsorships, where you were either getting stuff for free or at most you were paying what it cost the company to manufacture that item. Now it's pretty much all affiliate programs disguised as sponsorships.

>If you buy everything we make, we'll give you a slight discount!

But it's understandable. One day paintball companies realized they were giving all this stuff away for free or for no profit and they were getting little to nothing in return.
>>
File: meeee.jpg (74 KB, 762x762) Image search: [Google]
meeee.jpg
74 KB, 762x762
>>727248
Got an etek 5 love it. If you are a brit bong i got it for £375 which is ridiculously cheap.

Pic related. Tis my set up
>>
I remember buying and selling 68/4500s for around $50-$70 a few years ago. Now everybody wants to get $100 out of their 45/4500s.

What gives?

Also, does anybody run a rainy day setup? I'm thinkin about picking up an A5 for that purpose.
>>
>>726366
That's sure what it seemed like when I started playing years ago, but there are so many high-end brands out there, and there are plenty of people that love shitting on Dye.
>>
>>727663

free market
>>
>>727545
why not color anon?
>>
>>727779
Isn't paintball much less popular than it was? I just figured used gear prices would trend down.
>>
>>727857

the free market is what people are willing to pay. it's like asking why are we here? because we are.

why do people pay $100 insted of $70? because they will.
>>
>>727840
Photographers choice.
>>
File: 1386644840494.jpg (96 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1386644840494.jpg
96 KB, 500x500
>>727545
How are the Hk pants? I was thinking of picking up a pair.
>>
>>727857

It was at the height of its popularity in the mid 2000s. And then the economy went to shit, and the amount of Joe Schmos that could afford to spend 50 to 100 dollars to play paintball every weekend went with it. When the economy began recovering in the last few years, those people started coming back.

As far as used tanks go, there are a few things that come into play. The first thing is if the tank is currently in hydro. If the tank hasn't been hydrotested in the last 5 years, it's worth less since the buyer won't be able to use it at any field until they get it hydrotested. Depending on where you take it, the test usually costs between 30 and 40 dollars. The second thing is how many years are left on the life of the tank. This doesn't apply to aluminum tanks since they have no set lifespan and can be used indefinitely as long as they are hydrotested every 5 years, but carbon fiber and fiberglass tanks are only good for 15 years from the month they were made. After that, they can no longer be used. So if someone is selling a tank that only has a few years left in its life, it's not going to fetch as much money as a tank with 10+ years left.

Certain brands will also fetch more money than others. Some brands are known for being more reliable, some brands have regulators that are easier to disassemble and service than others, some brands have adjustable pressure regulators while others are fixed pressure. All of these things will lead to higher resale value.

You may already know these things, but maybe this info will help somebody else.
>>
>>728122
Love them but over priced.

Might as well buy Empire contact Zeros for a cheaper price. Like the HKs are good especially in hot weather as you can unzip the sides and they're quite good in wet weather too.

Yet the main problem is they're over priced. Contact zeroes come with a micro fibre built in and are at a cheaper price too.

Anyway i like being a brand whore, i would have bought KLRs but the foam seems to come off too easily. I'll probably get Vios cos

"I4s are too mainstream" and grills/Eflexs dont suit my look.
>>
>>728124
Its rising again but slowly. I'm seeing many people still drop out of the sport. I want to play more speedball but most of the time people are intimidated by it. Thus thats why i just end up doing more training than playing :/

But rental has picked up, shame sites aren't really asking for players to transition to walk ons. I only know three real main sites that do it in the UK.

But for every 3 people i see getting into the sport i see another drop . Hopefully it will be bigger and universities will start taking us seriously.
>>
New to paintball.
Are cleets good for paintball?
>>
>>728424
Yes.
>>
>>728424
Big yes, although they get a little slippery when used inside
>>
>>719998
Could be. I've been thinking of starting a corp that broadcasts live PB games, any tean can be made and played on the fly, have regular tournaments and such, prizes for winners, and most importantly some legitimate map layouts that have strong attacker/defender presence. What think?

>>719445
Urban environments offer diverse gameplay, replayability, and some real excitement for spectators. The last part is secondarily crucial.

I'm new to paintball since I'm fat. Get fit before playing the sport or play the sport and use it as an indicator to change my lifestyle choices? Anyways, i want to start a proper PB broadcasting network. PB is bad ass, it deserves the same recognition as Monday Night Football and i think it resonates with a lot more common folk.
>>
Just bought a TPX for $150. It's the starter kit. Two mags, a holster, the gun, case, etc. Played for a few hours with it and although not as accurate stock as the 98 custom, its still super lightweight and fun to use. Long barrel, remote line, and zetamags here I come.
>>
>>729059
Tipx= poormans t8.1
>>
>>730517
Too bad that t8.1 is basically all around worse than the Tpx. There is really nothing it does better.
Tpx: Cheap mags, Easy to apply constant air, barrels are not proprietary bs, Mags don't leak, and Tipmman does a good job when it comes with customer satisfaction and getting those parts out.
T8.1: Mags are expensive, barrels are silly. Mags leak due to handling that constant pressure, grip is very large due to mag which may be unappealing to some.

I dont have an extreme amount of knowledge with the t.8, but everyone I have talked to at least prefers the tpx. Though i do give tiberius props for the t15. That is badass, and I'm not even a woodsball guy.
>>
>>730705
I've heard bad things about the T15
>>
>>730726
Ive just seen some gameplay of it, and it looks cool, I cant talk for its reliability/dependability. But you cant say its not cool at least.
>>
>>730705
I'm a person that preffers the T.8, though the TPX has more universal appeal I'd say. You're right, the mags are heavier and more expensive, but just being able to quickly swap mags instead of cartridges is really nice. The barrel is goofy, but also better quality (at least I feel so) than the stock TPX. I like the construction of the T8 more, it just feels very solid and well put together. I will admit to not liking the grips as much though.

Tippman is a great company, the TPX definitely has more room to grow, but as a stock marker? T8 all the way, especially if you're gonna use it as a main marker.
>>
File: 20150911_140834.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20150911_140834.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>725102

Oh ok so everything on my gun is useless.
>>
>>725790
MILPS fags report in

shot of me from Perry GA faggin it up from home temple
>>
does anybody else think speedball is turning to complete shite?

watching pro games just isn't fun to me anymore. obviously playing various tournament series is still fun. but it seems like something is missing even there

anybody else think the rules should change to semi uncapped shooting instead of this bullshit ramping at 10.5 bps thing? 0 skill required
>>
File: rYogpq9.jpg (924 KB, 3151x2448) Image search: [Google]
rYogpq9.jpg
924 KB, 3151x2448
Just picked up this beauty. Mq2 valve and zero B board
>>
>>728424
perfect, until you run across a piece of wood

I recommend football cleats for woodsball, soccer for speedball. also track spikes work extremely well
>>
>>731392
Pretty new to paintball, but that looks sweet man
>>
>>731398
thanks m8 I definitely recommend one if you get into the sport more

here's a shooting vid of one, autocockers are the shit
skip to 1:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocY2yq0zuho
>>
File: 245dpp1.jpg (267 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
245dpp1.jpg
267 KB, 800x533
anybody got the new shocker yet?
>>
File: indianfaggot.png (36 KB, 122x150) Image search: [Google]
indianfaggot.png
36 KB, 122x150
>>723495
>>
>>731318

Well, not to say "totally useless".
Its still a pretty good woods dirt gun to start with, just stick with a 14inch well ported barrel then you're set for it. All those long ass barrels with mock "supressors" dont do shit.

If you have free time, you could probably make an actual supressor around the portings, that will actually reduces the noise from it.

Not sure why no one did a video of it, but i've tried shooting my empire barrel kits with cloth wrapped around it and it does reduce the noise of every shot. But just pray no paint breaks in the barrel else cleaning's a bitch.

Also do check your bolt o-rings time to time, the "pop" from each shots not only comes from the barrel but also the bolt when the o-ring is beat up and no longer seals tight into the barrel when firing.
>>
>>731396

Soccer, dont you mean football.
>>
>>731318
Unless you're using an apex or flatline barrel or first strikes to give you long distance shots then your paintball "sniper" is just for looks.
>>
>>731412
Looks nice, what does it do
>>
>>731400
That mechanism looks sweet. Thanks for letting this into my knowledge
>>
File: 1412727098227.jpg (79 KB, 872x652) Image search: [Google]
1412727098227.jpg
79 KB, 872x652
>>731577
i forgot all /asp/ies were britbongs I should have swtiched my terminology

high top cleats for woodsball for obvious ankle support, low top for speedball
>>
File: DSC_0052.jpg (114 KB, 500x402) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0052.jpg
114 KB, 500x402
>>731787
Absolutely nothing other guns won't do except maybe fire 30bps if you're lucky and have the right hopper (dye rotor). and maybe shoot extremely economically like almost 2000 shots off one tank fill in a 68ci nitro tank. but don't quote me on this because I haven't seen an efficiency test yet
>>
File: 20uejc7.jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
20uejc7.jpg
44 KB, 640x480
now posting the coolest fuggin shooters known to mankind. first up Bob Long species intimidator with 2k5 frame
>>
File: null_zps52bbabd5.jpg (103 KB, 1024x764) Image search: [Google]
null_zps52bbabd5.jpg
103 KB, 1024x764
Acid washed AKA viking
>>
>>731963
I'll take two
>>
Anyone know what this is?
>>
>>732032
looks to me like either a Proto Matrix or the shittier Proto Matrix Rail model. Possibly a Reflex Rail

they're the economy version of Dye guns like the DM series
>>
File: 100_1356.jpg (169 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
100_1356.jpg
169 KB, 1024x768
A-Bomb 2k5 Intimidator
>>
>>732032
Proto Matrix
>>
File: chris-1.jpg (105 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
chris-1.jpg
105 KB, 800x533
I came
>>
>>731412
i only see 2 fingers, wheres the other one?
>>
File: IMG_2585.jpg (58 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2585.jpg
58 KB, 800x600
>>732100
lel took me a second to get that one

postan more sick guns
>>
>>731963

So it's basically a CCI Phantom with a cheater trigger?
>>
>>720442
Simunition fields really need to be a thing, holy shit.
>>
>>725861
Flecktarn all the way bruv, alternatively alpenflage depending on the season.

And a snow poncho for the occasional winter game.

I play long ass woodsball games mostly and also I'm a kommando at heart.
>>
>>732118
lol the phantom is honestly more mechanically sound I'm sure

and as for the trigger pretty much, this new Shocker is basically a glorified Luxe that doesn't say that obnoxious WELCUM TO THE LUZE EXPREINCE thing at startup
>>
File: IMG_0539.jpg (92 KB, 864x576) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0539.jpg
92 KB, 864x576
Bruh
>>
File: EclipseDC1002.jpg (142 KB, 1024x686) Image search: [Google]
EclipseDC1002.jpg
142 KB, 1024x686
>>732092
this anon is right, its a Matrix as per the grips. unless they put those proto grips on a Dye DM because I'm pretty sure they will fit

dumping more autococker porn
>>
>>731961
I seriously think they call "cleats" "boots" tbh fam
>>
File: PB8.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
PB8.png
2 MB, 1366x768
Any Ausfags in here?
>>721008
Australia sees it as this.
>>
>>731412

It shoots nice enough, but from a mechanical standpoint, it's an inferior system to the SFT and NXT shockers. The RSX drivetrain is simply a slightly more refined version of the Ion, but at its heart it is still an unbalanced blowforward. The SFT and NXT use a balanced firing system, which isn't just theoretically smoother. You can feel the difference in the smoothness of shot when you compare the RSX and the SFT/NXT.

>>732083

Nice. I always liked the clean lines of the Russian Legion and Ground Zero Intimidators myself.

>>732154

It's actually the other way around. The Luxe uses the same firing system as the SFT/NXT. That's why when it first came out, everyone said "Oh, it's just a talking Shocker"
>>
>>730517
They're like the same price new nig.

Played my second day with my TPX yesterday and I gotta say, hands down best experience playing paintball. It's so fun having a lightweight gun and paint is cheap because you use almost none.
>>
>>724056
This advice is the best. Only thing I have to add is you are at a ridiculous advantage when it comes to mobility. Defensive is an option but it is a gun built for the offensive.
>>
>>732740

>mobility
Damn, I knew I forgot something when I wrote that up! Mobility is definitely a key part of playing pistol, learn to safely slide and dive.

Defensive play is........ situational. If you know the field setup you can try throwing people for a loop, or sneak around as a back player and look for anyone that might have made a successful hard push.

One other point to make, in capture the flag games, always try to be one of the people that's pushing for the flag. Chances are, you're gonna be one of the only people on your team that can carry the flag and still comfortably shoot at the same time!
>>
>tfw your favorite field gets no traffic because everyone wants to be a professional and play at San Antonio X-Factor's field

But I don't want to play speedball. Literally, anything but speedball.
>>
>>732231
Aus here
one day well get our laws changed
>>
>>732142
flecktarn is the shit
no one can see you in the bushes
>>
>>731391
Watching paintball has always been boring
Nobody knows what the fuck is going on half the time because of how fast paced it is.
It will never be as enjoyable as watching soccer football baseball etc
>>
>>732874
It will never be as big, but if they add cameras following the players on the field, that could add just that little extra.
>>
Anyone going to Decay this weekend?
>>
>>732999
Too hot, possibly heading up to Ambush for some airball though
>>
Anyone have experience with a Dangerous Power G4? Thinking about buying one second hand.
>>
>>732856
Used to live in Perth. But didnt start playing until i moved back to the UK>

What were rules again ?
>>
>>733224
No pistols, no firing mode other then semi auto, no mag fed guns, you need a gun licence and it has to be kept in a gun safe.
>>
>>733412
Is it really that bad over there? I feel sorry for you guys then...
>>
>>733493
Yeah it sucks.
The most amount of people our scenarios get is like 100.
>>
File: 1384869082439.jpg (124 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1384869082439.jpg
124 KB, 800x600
>>733412
>Liberalism ruins everything fun ever. what a surprise.
>>
>>732921
I actually feel like this is what it's missing. other than the fact that paintball is more like a glorified hobby than a sport
>>
Paintball in a nutshell.

Well said, the glory days are slowly dying off. No matter how much swag you put in to boost the sport the game still stuck in a field never expanding, have more speedsperg all that HK army jackoffs and keep on going the same cycle, its a confirmed slow death for the industry.

Been retired from this sport sometime now, it made me realize the only interesting videos are woodsball and big games, all those psp nxl shit aint doing any attraction other than just being pussy magnets for the players.
>>
>>733889
Once the markers are build to have fully functioning magazines and stuff, maybe paintball could attract the same guys as airsoft is doing right now...
>>
>>733889
>glory days

What glory days? Are you talking about the height of the PSP's popularity? Nah, if anything, despite being an exciting time, and the height of paintball's public popularity, speedball, the PSP, and electro markers have been one of the worst things to happen to the sport, my opinion at least. I'm not going to deny that there isn't skill involved, but for casual players 10 years ago, and into this day, ramped electric markers have given the sport a real "pay to win" vibe. It's easy for a lot of new players to feel that if they can't afford to drop 100's of dollars on the sport, they can't compete. I also used to be able to tell people that were worried about getting shot that players can only fire as fast as they pull the trigger, that's also just not the case anymore. For new players, those first few games are just crucial if you want them to stay, and the "arms race" attitude of high volume and high speed play is daunting.

It's true that the financial crisis of 2008 took a huge toll on the sport, partially because of how expensive it was to play speedball. A lot of fields closed down, a lot of companies no longer exist or have made some bad business decisions. That happened to nearly every recreational industry though, and I'd say it just feels worse since paintball is already a niche.

For me, the real glory days of paintball were in the late 90's and early 2k's, pumps, autocockers, and automags. I also feel that, right now, we're back in the spirit of that time, what with the popularity of pump, pistol, and mag fed styles. More players are just going out and playing in the woods, big games are more popular than ever, the fields offering interesting and varied play are still doing just fine, new companies have come up with some great and affordable new ideas, and old companies are offering better, more competitive, and affordable gear.

Paintball isn't dying it's just niche, the PSP hasn't been relevant for a while, HK army is just a brand.
>>
>>733924
they do it's called magfed and it's attracting some people to the sport. I was forced to play it once (speedballfag here) and it was actually pretty fun.
>>
>>733990
Is it optimalised yet? Good to hear that it attracting people, since they are the ones carrying the sport. I'd like to play speedball myself, is it really that bad for the sport? I like the (allow me) clean feel of it...
>>
File: 1275001581679.jpg (22 KB, 228x320) Image search: [Google]
1275001581679.jpg
22 KB, 228x320
>>734097
extremely, Dye even makes magfed markers now.
these were the first though I believe, and the company I had the first pleasure of experiencing magfed with when they came to my field in NC
http://www.milsig.com/

and it's not that speedball is bad for the sport, but it certainly isn't attracting any new players unless they're sand niggers (terrophobic phrase) who have truckloads of money to spend

the real issue with speedball is that the pro leagues seem to be stagnating, the NPPL no longer exists and new leagues seem to be created every year. also none of the major manufacturers are making good business decisions like another anon said above. all the large manufactures keep getting bought out and consolidated under one parent company. not much new innovation occurring, and as far as televised speedball goes it's become a joke
>>
>>734102
Fair enough, it is just what one likes I think. Never been a big fan of woodsball myself, always thought those speedball/sup'air videos looked pretty cool so wanting to give it a go. Televised paintball is probably never going to be a thing, not sure if that is good or bad. I just like checking threads like this and keep the interest high for myself. Thanks for your reply, those magfeds look great
>>
File: 1417749462425.gif (2 MB, 320x362) Image search: [Google]
1417749462425.gif
2 MB, 320x362
>>734102
you would love speedball m8. it really is a great rush, woodsball is amazing fun and scenario games have been some of my greatest memories of any time in my life. but there's no comparison to running down the tapeline of a speedball field and shooting an entire team that didn't even see you hit the snake

woodsball will always have a special place in my heart but as far as an adrenaline rush speedball will always be king
>>
File: 314v2x2.gif (280 KB, 150x75) Image search: [Google]
314v2x2.gif
280 KB, 150x75
oops
>>734118
was meant for >>734113
>>
>>734113
this video sums up what speedball was like in it's glory days in my opinion

if you search DerDer on youtube you will find a ton of great vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAA0QVk9sfk
>>
>>734118
>>734124
Thank you guys, keep making awesome threads like these, then we can have something to read once in a while
>>
File: 48917b25.jpg (337 KB, 1024x764) Image search: [Google]
48917b25.jpg
337 KB, 1024x764
dumping more sick funs and photos
>>
File: DSCN1129.jpg (72 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1129.jpg
72 KB, 736x552
two classics from AKA, the viking and the Excalibur
>>
File: joni.jpg (64 KB, 426x640) Image search: [Google]
joni.jpg
64 KB, 426x640
last time I saw an autococker used in tournament ball and it's half blocked :'(
>>
File: 1257523508_l.jpg (42 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
1257523508_l.jpg
42 KB, 500x332
>>734133
>>734133
or maybe just the wgp cocker with flames milling, can't tell

me in Cfoa (carolina field owners association) circa 2006 sliding into snake like a noob
ahh the memrars
>>
File: Karni2.jpg (201 KB, 1023x713) Image search: [Google]
Karni2.jpg
201 KB, 1023x713
>>
File: dscn1221.jpg (75 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
dscn1221.jpg
75 KB, 640x480
>>733154
>>733154
Dangerous power isn't that great of a brand I would stay away from it, like FARR away.

what's your price range? I can name tons of good markers under $300 if you're willing to buy from people off Pbnation.com

highly recommend Egos of any years. you can find a 2010 model for ~350 and you literally never have to clean or lube them. they will never go down and are the toughest guns I've ever shot hands down (electronic anyway)
>>
File: 1418100933334.gif (1 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1418100933334.gif
1 MB, 360x240
>>733154
here's an ego 10 for $400 you could easily talk the guy down to about 350 for hopefully. Which I believe is roughly the price of a dangerous power these days. but much better. let me know if you need any help finding markers I know plenty more in that price range anon

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4965545
>>
>>733018
Well I'm heading out there tomorrow morning. If anyone else is going I'll see you on the fields.
>>
File: 20150524_133356.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20150524_133356.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
rate my tommy gun build made out of a old tippmann 98

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgrhF7af13E
>>
File: 1410135870901.jpg (95 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1410135870901.jpg
95 KB, 640x480
>>734375
fedora/10

it's sick m8
>>
A long shot but does anyone here have any familiarity with the Phoenix AZ scene? I'm looking to get into pb after about a decade since my last go but I have no idea what the scene out here looks like anymore.
>>
>>734464
its probably pretty good, I'd head over to socal and check out SC Village though
>>
>>734375
looks alright
really don't understand why people put fake magazines on hopper fed guns though
>>
File: 100_0069.jpg (104 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
100_0069.jpg
104 KB, 1024x768
>>
File: 1161634_IMG-vi.jpg (68 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1161634_IMG-vi.jpg
68 KB, 600x450
everybody post your setups NOW
>>
I want an auto cocker, but i want to build one myself. I can find any cheap 2nd hand kits or bodies on the internet (facebook trade sites)
>>
File: image.jpg (779 KB, 2047x1535) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
779 KB, 2047x1535
>>734915
>>
I fucking love this gun. Been using it for close to 7 years and can't bring myself to put it down. My T2s and Phantoms get neglected.
>>
File: 20150921_095013.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20150921_095013.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>734915
>>
File: NewPaintballGuns044.jpg (139 KB, 1023x682) Image search: [Google]
NewPaintballGuns044.jpg
139 KB, 1023x682
>>734133
>>734137
WGP had two types of autocockers with the name of Black Magic. The first one was a fullblock, while the one you are seeing is the halfblock version, just with some nice anno, and more than likely some aftermarket stuff.
>>
>>734915
After I see that gun I have to ask if it has been through Nuke's hands.
>>
>>733889
Paintball is fucked because it's run by morons. How many harvard or even college grads are in charge of the fields? None. It's some redneck who has no idea how the fuck to run a business who is always in charge.
>>
>>737010
Well most bosses are dumbasses they're good at micro manage people, not ideas. Which is why they're on top.
>>
File: asseagle_successor.png (3 MB, 1165x965) Image search: [Google]
asseagle_successor.png
3 MB, 1165x965
>>734915
Late here, but my new marker just came in. Last weekend I was out playing some woodsball and it finally clicked just how much of a major disadvantage I was at with ye ole Stringray.

The sear spring broke in my stingray at the last game for the day and some bloke was nice enough to lend me his backup marker; a GoG eNMEy. In stock form the eNMEy was better in pretty much every way over my Stingray. The accuracy, consistency, and efficiency was insane. I also got through a full hopper without breaking a single ball.

I decided to see how short and small I could make the eNMEy since the stingray always felt unwieldy in the tighter bunkers and shanty towns arenas. It's super light and maneuvers nice. I can't wait to try it this weekend!
>>
>>737399
>through a full hopper without breaking a single ball.

I don't mean to be a dick, but I've played full days without breaking a single ball on my M98, what marker and hopper were you using?
>>
>>737432
You can see it in the pic I posted. It's the top marker. A brass eagle Stingray with an empire 100 round gravity feed hopper. It's pretty rough on paint I think. I typically break 1 or 2 balls every 20 shots with a bore that's large enough for the paint to almost roll through
>>
High BPS electronic guns didn't ruin paintball anymore than fuel efficient, faster, aerodynamic, more technologically advanced cars ruined racing.

Let's drop the ludd-was-right anecdotal nonsense already and focus on what's important.

The reason people play airsoft and not paintball is obvious: Airsoft is MILSIM. It stands to reason, then, that people who play airsoft are into MILSIM.

You don't get MILSIM with speedball guns, which look like space blasters.

There is no downside to technological advancement. When someone tells me that newer, better guns ruined paintball, I assume they're talking out of their ass.

Because really dude? Newer, more efficient valves ruined paintball? New manufacturing techniques and better materials ruined paintball? New internal designs and mechanisms ruined paintball?

No. The problem is that all of this technology is tailored toward speedball. It can just as readily be adapted toward milsim.

This is currently happening with the growth of magfed, which is fulfilling a previously unsatisfied niche. I think this is where paintball has the most growth potential, as more milsim players who currently turn to airsoft to fill their needs, will see paintball as a viable alternative and switch over.

Paintball, properly implemented, is superior to airsoft because the projectiles are more immersive. And with the advent of shaped projectiles, the engagement ranges are far more realistic.
>>
Whats with all the paintball hipsters on this board who look like theyre going out of their way to have the most alternative style markers even if its a huge inconvenience.
>>
>>738020
"Ruined" paintball is a stretch, yes, but markers that efficiently shoot at a higher BPS really change the dynamic of how you play the game, and, I don't care what you say, it negatively effects new players. In paintball, everyone shoots the same ammo, at the same fps, at the same distance. Paintballs are also just inherently fairly inaccurate, and the standard rules state that one shot anywhere means you're out. It's not hard to state the biggest advantage another player can have is the ability to shoot a larger volume of paint as fast as possible. It doesn't matter if you have the most fuel efficient marker with polished internals and brand new polymers making up the shell if someone else can shoot out 10 of the same inaccurate rounds, travelling at the same speed and distance, in the same time it takes you to fire out 2.

Also, new players don't like being lit up by electros. You can just say "oh, they're pussies" but come on, it can sometimes be like sending a new skier down the diamond run.

I don't think Electros ruined paintball, I play the way I want to regardless, and I find them challenging to go up against. But, I can see why others have a sour feeling towards them
>>
>>738166
My exact thought, anyone bought something new or a recent marker or something?
>>
>>735984
Leme get that t2 off ya :^)
>>
>>733802
Nigga, don't confuse moral authoritarianism with liberalism. The overharsh regulation of paintball in ausland is the most illiberal thing I've ever seen. Makes me glad I don't live there.
>>
File: Tippmann A5.jpg (65 KB, 1500x893) Image search: [Google]
Tippmann A5.jpg
65 KB, 1500x893
Hey guys, never been on this board before but /k/ directed me here for paintball.

I had owned one of the shitty pump action walmart paint guns when I was a kid, but never played or even shot anyone/got shot with it. I'm 26 now and went with and played with a friend for the first time today. Holy shit it was the most fun I've had in years. There were about 20 people there, a few hardcore guys in their 30's with $1,500 guns and gobs of equipment, a slew of 10-12 year old's with decent gear and then my sorry ass caught in the middle with rental equipment and a scratched to shit mask. We played a couple of games of speedball which I thought were okay, but mostly played 'Castle'. That course was in the woods and had a huge two story fort at the base of a 3 story tall hill. A natural river bed snaked through trees and man made cover around the fort below. One team attacking, the other defending. It was an absolute blast!

I could definitely see myself getting into this as I have already been a firearms and shooter game enthusiast for years. I've done a little research online since I got home but thought I'd come to ask for opinions on decent starter gear. From what I gather so far, Tippmann a shit? But the A-5 seems to be a very common gun. I make pretty good money and it wouldn't be a big deal for me to drop a grand on a gun.. but I also don't want to be a try-hard that goes full bore overnight. Would $300-350 be a good starting point for an entry level gun? I'm not really into the markers that look like real guns with fake mags.. a standard fore grip is sufficient. What's a good barrel and length? I always play the designated marksman role in vidya and enjoy the sneaky breeky aspect of ranged attacks so I was hoping to find something that offers the versatility of a little distance but also works well at closer ranges.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice everyone!
>>
File: 1.jpg (60 KB, 1000x644) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
60 KB, 1000x644
>>738517
The magazines arent fake on some of them.
Milsig, Dye and Tiberius Arms make magfed guns and others make conversion kits.
>pic related is a Milsig M17

If you want to play marksman type stuff buy a gun that can shoot first strikes (they are a mag fed only round and very expensive) or use regular balls and use a flatline or apex2 barrel to give them up spin which gives you lots more range. Check you got the right barrel thread. Buy a good mask.
>>
>>738517
Tippmann isn't shit, it does what it is made for. As you can read above, the majority of the market is made for electronic markers (the ones that shoot real fast). Like another anon said, get a good mask and get a tippmann with a flatline barrel. It won't cost you an arm and a leg, yet work very well. Cannot give you a review for the A5, but a M98 custom is pretty good. Ballistic paths of ammo for paintball is different from real firearms, bear this in mind. Get to a store, feel the guns and mask in your hands and face and buy what you think looks cool and feels good.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.