[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Make Smackdown Great Again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1461363537625.gif (699 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1461363537625.gif
699 KB, 200x200
So what does /asp/ think of rebranding the SmackDown broadcast as an actual sports broadcast? Obviously it would still be a work, but:

>commentary emphasis on fighting styles, backgrounds, etc
>less promos, more in-ring storytelling
>no ridiculous segments about nonsense
>some kind of ranking system, where fighters are assigned points for wins and losses, with the leader of these rankings the number 1 contender for the championship. this makes all matches meaningful.
>kayfabe prize money
>etc

GOAT or WOAT?
>>
>>1474638
Not going to work. Too many people know shits fake.
>>
>>1474640
Obviously it's not meant to fool anyone... it's just something I thought of watching UFC the other day. Like, I love the analysis and build, and then the shit in the ring is so fucking boring because they're trying to win and not get their head caved in, not put on a show. So why not take the same presentation and make it an actual performance?
>>
>>1474648
Because most wrestling fans don't watch for the match. They want to hear the performers do their catch phrase so they can chant along with it, and see what t-shirt the talent is wearing so they can be sure to buy one on the way out of the arena.
>>
>>1474638

nah. I honestly want the wwe to take notes from broken matt. The entire shtick of "these are totally real people" Is awful. Miz is one of the only good characters left. Everybody else is either trying to act like a real person who happens to wrestle, or a cringy super hero.

the wwe needs to go more carney desu family
>>
Stop the shitty camera angles. They should stop the damn zoom on every punch or move
>>
>>1474638
holy fuck you autistic piece of garbage...... you said yourself you know it's fake so what the fuck would be the point of that shit? are you seriously fucking retarded? if you wanna watch real garbage go watch the olympics or something you fucking mongoloid.. why the fuck would they take something fake and make it seem real? holy fuck youre autistic..
>>
>>1474657
I was going to call you out for being wrong, but then I realized how over enzo and Cass are.
>>
>>1474657
You say that, but wrestling shows with minimal wrestling content draw so fucking poorly.
>>
>>1474638

>some kind of ranking system, where fighters are assigned points for wins and losses, with the leader of these rankings the number 1 contender for the championship. this makes all matches meaningful.

This SOUNDS like a good idea but I've seen TNA fuck it up so royal, so fucking often that I'm not sure it IS a good idea anymore.

But yes, if they aren't going to go full LU Batshit Insane Wrestling Soap Opera, they need to basically make it a TV show about a legit fighting league. Even if 90% of the shit they do is completely silly in a real fight.

The goddamn hogshit they've got going on on RAW nowadays is a terrible middle ground, combined with a seemingly deliberate attempt to ruin the audience's willing suspension of disbelief, and that's a large reason why RAW is such a fucking turd.
>>
>>1474663

>Everybody else is either trying to act like a real person who happens to wrestle,

But this is wrong. Real people have personalities and motivations and preferences and strengths and weaknesses. RAW characters are, for the most part, the same generic douche barely differentiated by the shirt they wear. Because the Creative team is both fucking awful and completely smothering.
>>
>>1474825
>Because the Creative team is both fucking awful and completely smothering.

It's Vince.
>>
>>1474648
>UFC is boring
Sorry but you're just a mouthbreather, even the worst MMA fights are more entertaining than pro wrestling simply because it's real.
>>
>>1474861
>exciting worked fight less entertaining than a boring shoot fight just because it's REAL

What a mark.
>>
>>1474861
No
>>
>>1474849

Vince is both fucking awful and completely smothering, sure.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.